About Notion

Notion is a digital workspace that lets small to large businesses streamline and manage notes, tasks, projects, records, calendar and more. Key features include portfolio tracker, designer templates, database management,...

Browse Notion Reviews

1,263 of 1,263 reviews
Sergio

Reviewed on 6/12/2022

A powerful tool to manage and organize project, documents, activities, you name it

I was looking for some tools to manage my freelance activity: a solution for my personal knowledge management and my projects and tasks, a time tracker for my activities and customers, etc.: I found everything, and much more, in Notion.Its flexibility and power allows to design, build, manage and adjust all your need, without the rigid structure of a (number of) database(s).It deserve the time you need to spend to explore e discover its power: you won't regret it.

Pros

Simple yet powerful, affordable with a generous free tier, can be used to effectively manage a wide number of tasks, project, activities, content

Cons

The real power of Notion lies under the hood: advanced relations, links and database functions need study: not a really steep learning curve, but still one that needs time and attention.

Microsoft OneNote, Airtable, AppSheet and monday.com
Hasan

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

versatile and powerful tool to help you organize your docs, and manage your tasks

I find it to be a very versatile and powerful tool that has greatly improved my ability to organize and manage my work. The clean interface, availability on multiple platforms, and the variety of integrations with other tools and services make it a pleasure to use.In many ways, I consider it to be the new Google Drive, but with more flexibility and customization options. I would definitely recommend Notion to anyone looking for a better way to organize and manage their work.

Pros

It is highly customizable and can be used for a wide range of purposes, including project management, note taking, and task tracking. I also like it because it's easy to use and has a clean and intuitive interface. Additionally, it is available on the web, mobile and desktop.

Cons

I found it hard to use Notion on iPads and with Apple Pencils. While it's very intuitive on laptop, it's doesn't feel the same on an iPad when using a pencil.

Haley

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

It's fine...but hard to figure out.

It's fine - I don't hate it, but I won't be missing it when we no longer use it.

Pros

It's nice to know all of the knowledge I need is within one software - albeit sometimes hard to find.

Cons

It's very hard to figure out how to use. Even with their tutorials, it took a fair amount of personal research to truly use it the most efficiently.

Top Notion Alternatives

Nitin

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

Exteremely affordable project management tool for freelancers and design agencies

Overall, it's a must tool for freelancers who are into designing businesses or working for multiple clients at once. I will not recommend you go for a team plan or enterprise plan until you have more team members.

Pros

I loved their user interface where I can do anything from scribbling to creating doc task lists. Its quirky templates help me get my work done in a cool way as I am a designer and love creativity in my work. No more boring emails and assignments.One more thing is it's very affordable if you want to purchase an enterprise or team plan which exposes more team member access and a dedicated manager.

Cons

Even if it's affordable, its paid plan doesn't have much for freelancers compared to the free plan of notion. More features make things complicated and sometimes heavy in terms of getting a quick overview.

Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Notion

I need something more prominent in terms of features and need affordable solutions hence switched

monday.com
Gamzat
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

This is the accelerator of your work, if it is not systematized, expect trouble.

90% of the effort when working with this system was spent on putting the processes in order in their work. Therefore, this system, like a good mirror, will reflect all your shortcomings.

Pros

Comfortable, beautiful, and smart. There are many good qualities, but they are ultimately not as important as the disadvantages.

Cons

We've been using the system for over two years now, and transitioning to it has been surprisingly difficult. Some abstraction from the typical idea of tasks is required.

Gints
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

The ultimate tool to set up your workspace

Pros

Notion is extremelly flexible, you can pretty much create anything.

Cons

honestly it is easy to use from the get go. It takes some time and adjustment to make prefect ( or near to perfect set up ) it is not really the softwares fault

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Trello was to limited to one function only

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion

Seemed that there is stronger community and movement +
Ben
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/1/2023

Powerful, sometimes complicated

A positive experience that has allowed me to create a 'bible' of searchable knowledge for my team. They give a free account to educators which is fantastic and laudable.

Pros

I use Notion for knowledge management. The formatting options are great, and the database views are powerful allowing info to be displayed in different formats in different areas. Being able to share articles with a public url makes it super easy to include people from outside the org when needed.

Cons

Sometimes the database views can be a little confusing, and it can occasionally be slow to search.

Matt

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Love this product!

Central repository of information/knowledge base. All teams have a space they are regularly updating.

Pros

I have used Confluence at other organizations for document management/knowledge base and Notion blows Confluence out of the water. You can do so much with Notion and really customize it to fit your needs. It is intuitive to use and I really love how you can organize information.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve at first, but it is a great product with good product documentation and video tutorials.

Emily

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

Absolutely incredible, can't believe I didn't use it before!

I'm easily managing my work, freelance, and personal life with Notion. I'm more productive, and now have everything I need accessible with a click. I can't recommend it enough.

Pros

How customizable it is. Notion is the only organization platform I've come across that truly allows you to create a workspace for your needs. I now use it multiple times a day, and it includes everything I need for free!

Cons

A database with a large amount of information loads slowly. In my case, a book library including images, is very slow to load. However, every other page and database I've created is quick to load!

Mammaye Ousmane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Notion review

Notion is an incredibly versatile productivity app that offers great flexibility for organizing information. It allows creating pages and blocks to organize notes, tasks, projects and databases in a personalized way. Collaboration tools are also very useful for working with others. On the downside, there are some loading delays and editing features that could be improved. Overall, Notion is a very useful app for organizing work and personal life.

Pros

I have been using Notion for several months now to manage my digital workspace and I am truly impressed by all the features it offers. The flexibility of the app is truly amazing, it allows me to create pages and blocks to organize my notes, tasks, projects, and databases in a very intuitive way.Customization is also very easy, I really appreciate the ability to create pages and blocks that suit me best. Additionally, Notion's collaboration tools are very useful, I can share pages and blocks with my colleagues and we can work together in real-time.Real-time synchronization is also a strong point, it allows me to continue working on my projects even when I'm on the move, which is very convenient. Notion also allows to integrate with other popular tools such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, Evernote, GitHub, this enhance even more its use.In summary, I highly recommend Notion for anyone looking for a powerful, flexible, and customizable personal and professional productivity app. It is easy to use, offers many features, and its collaboration tools make it an excellent choice for teams.

Cons

After using Notion for a few months, I have noticed a few aspects that could be improved.1. Learning curve: There is a learning curve to understand how to use all the features of Notion. There are a lot of things to discover, so it can take some time to understand all the features and how to use them effectively.2. Loading time: Sometimes, there can be delays when accessing certain pages or blocks, especially if you have a lot of content in your workspace.3. Editing limitations: Some editing features, such as text formatting, could be improved to offer more options for users.4. Cost: If you need to use certain advanced features, such as real-time collaboration or the ability to upload files, there may be additional costs for users.Despite these few negative points, I am very satisfied with Notion overall. It offers so many features to efficiently organize my workspace and the collaboration tools allow me to work effectively with my colleagues.

Milica
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

Fantastic for personal and professional use

After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all

2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people

3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app

4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

It didn't have all my company needs, I wanted a solution with more options in terms of visual presentation, linking data, type and number of uploads, etc.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Notion

It's just slightly better than trello, but nowhere near to Notion.
Jenny
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Goodbye Google Docs, Hello Notion! - A story of a workplace leader

Pretty great thus far. As a workplace leader, our team uses Notion for our internal team to store office info for our various offices. Creating an office guide is extremely important for our culture, especially now with remote work. If anyone is traveling to an office and needs to know "where should I park? how do I get to the office? what is our lunch program?" all information is organized on Notion per office location. Employee experience is one of my biggest priorities, and Notion helps me organize all this information and keep our employees informed.

Pros

Notion quite frankly does it all - it is an area to organize and store information, it provides a platform to collaborate with cross-functional partners, task-management for projects, plan internal events, ETC!

Cons

At times, formatting text / pages can be difficult as a first time user, however once you get the hang of it its not too hard. I looked up a few youtube tutorial videos on how to format pages easier. Perhaps Notion could offer some instructional videos on formatting!

Aleksandr

Reviewed on 23/4/2021

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place.
You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic!
Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there.
Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great!
Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium.
We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner.
Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems.
Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack.
You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself.
Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades.
Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Dropbox Business, Basecamp and Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Notion

We were looking for an information system and notion.so does exactly that. Mind, it does not offer anything else, for instance there is no chats per se, issue trackers, planners, video conferences. Neither it should. Open youtube and search for, say, "notion.so planing things" and you will find a set of videos that shows how little you actually need to make your team or yourself perform better.

Basecamp and Confluence
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

The holy grail of organization

Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Reasons for Choosing Notion

Notion has a superior experience in creating and formatting notes, as well as embedding different media types and relational databases.

Alberto Nahum

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

A tool so versatile that it will adapt to your needs

Since I discovered Notion almost two years ago, it has become an essential tool for me. As it integrates such a vast number of options, I can use it to take notes, draft articles, brainstorm new ideas, plan each course week, and keep track of expenses... My workflow has improved because it allows me to have very different aspects of my work within the same environment. I don't need to switch from one app to another because Notion includes several I usually use.

Pros

My favorite thing from Notion has to do with its flexibility. I use it mainly to draft essays, blog posts, and articles. It's easier for me than any word processing software because Notion allows me --beyond being a multiplatform app-- to reorganize both my text and my files very smoothly. The heaps of templates available are also a great deal. For example, I use one template weekly to keep track of certain incomes and spending. I have also used templates to plan my classes for one semester or sketch a future book's ideas. I also use it as a note-taking app for every meeting.

Cons

I am pretty happy about it, and I have not used several features that look interesting. The only real problem I have had so far is its dependency upon connection. There is no offline mode. So, eight or ten months ago Notion system was down, and I could not access my drafts for half a day.

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Fantastic Tool for Managing All My Notes

Overall, I am very happy with Notion. I have been using it for years for taking notes and I find it to be reliable, convenient, and very helpful with organizing my notes. I highly recommend Notion for anyone that needs a single app with quick shortcuts for taking notes.

Pros

I love Notion's block editor! Anytime I try other software that has something similar I always compare it to Notion's top-notch block editor. Everything is so easy to type/add/remove/switch/duplicate/move. I love having all the shortcuts. This easily beats using something basic like Google Docs or any other rich text editor.

I also love how quickly I can customize my headings. Over the years I've created my standard note-taking styles/template and it really helps me see everything exactly how I want it. Notion is hands down the best note-taking app out there!

Cons

Prior to the API, I could never take Notion as a serious contender in the CRM/PM tool space. Without an API and built-in integrations, there just isn't a chance. Now that Notion has an API, things should get quite interesting and I look forward to seeing what people do with it.

Jessica
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Keeps my life organized

Notion has been great overall. I can creatively solve my own problems and create spaces to support myself based on my mood or preferences. Once I wrapped my head around how things work, then I just keep building on my knowledge and building out my workspace.

Pros

What I love most is the flexibility to create and design spaces and databases that work for me.

Cons

What I like least about it was the learning curve. It took a few months to really get my head around how everything works together and learn best practices

Abby

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Perfect Solution for Task Management, Project Planning and Goal Setting

As someone with ADHD, Notion is the perfect solution for setting up my own unique and personal workflow. Being able to customize my workspace and plan projects in a way that makes sense to me has made me so much more productive and organized. Although the learning curve is a bit steep, Notion provides many resources and articles that provide enough instruction to figure most things out.

Pros

Notion is an endlessly customizable platform that is somehow simple at the same time. I use Notion as a database, task manager, project planner, and overall life planner. I am able to set goals for myself and have those goals plastered on the homepage within Notion so I am constantly reminded of where I need to direct my focus and attention. Since using Notion I have successfully been able to track my goals and have accomplished many things that I never would have thought possible.

Cons

The software can be glitchy and updates from the web version don't always transfer automatically to the app and vice versa. The task management functionality leaves much to be desired and recurring tasks and reminders are not a built-in function of the platform.

Ayush

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

Efficiently Organize Your Life and Work with Notion

Overall, Notion is a great tool for anyone looking to increase their productivity and organization. It's versatility and ease of use make it a great choice for both personal and professional use. The integration capabilities with other apps and services such as Google Calendar, Evernote, and more. This makes it easy to connect your existing tools and workflows with Notion. I totally recommend it to all the users who are struggling with organizing their data.

Pros

Notion is a powerful tool that allows me to manage my tasks, projects, and notes all in one place. The interface is user-friendly and customizable, making it easy to create a workflow that works for everyone. One of the standout features of Notion is its flexibility. It can be used as a simple to-do list, a notebook for taking notes, or a full-fledged project management system. The ability to nest pages within pages allows for a high degree of organization, making it easy to find what you need quickly. The collaboration feature is also well-implemented, allowing multiple users to access and edit the same page, which helps a lot in team projects. The built-in commenting system makes it easy to communicate with team members and stay on top of changes.

Cons

Notion offers a lot of features, which can take some time to learn and master for an beginner. Sometime it performs slow and laggy when working with large numbers of pages and databases, especially on lower-end devices. One area which needs to be improve is the mobile app. While the mobile app works well enough, the functionality is somewhat limited compared to the web and desktop versions.

Reviewed on 22/2/2022

Probably the best aesthetic all rounded application.

Pros

There's so many things that I love about Notion. A good starting point is that Notion can be used for so many things. Note taking, planning, journaling, project management is just a few. Personally, I use it for daily planning, keeping track of my assignments and planning college work and studying for exams. I also use it for project management because I can easily track and plan projects in the same place as I keep my resources.
Another great pro about Notion is all the available templates that you can customize. If you are going for a more professional look or if you want an artsy aesthetic look, you can change it to any way you want. Most templates are free but there are paid versions that you can buy as well.
Notion is also supported on many devices so you can just view your plans on the go. To add to that, there's many free widgets you could use to add to the various features in Notion.
Notion has in built databases, Kanban boards, to do lists, tables, and so many features that you can tweak and use in so many ways.

Cons

The only con about Notion is that its not very beginner friendly. It can take a while to get used to all the features and how to use them efficiently. Setting up Notion to how you want it can take a bit of time but this is worth it in the long run. There are many tutorials which you can use to learn and starter templates that you could use, but if you want something very specific and is a picky person it might take time to set things up. Using things like databases requires a bit of knowledge so I would suggest looking at a few tutorials before deep diving into customization. The good things is that the tutorials are abundant so you won't be lost. Putting in the time to get exactly what you want is definitely good for the long run.

Emilio
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

A Comprehensive Productivity and Organizational Tool for Individuals and Teams

Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and flexible productivity and organizational tool that can be very useful for students and professionals alike. While it does have a few limitations, it is well worth considering for anyone looking to improve their productivity and organization.

Pros

Notion is a comprehensive productivity and organizational tool that is gaining popularity among students and professionals alike. As someone who has used Notion extensively, I can speak to the many pros and a few cons of this platform.One of the standout features of Notion is its flexibility and versatility. It can be used as a note-taking app, task manager, project management tool, and much more. It also offers a wide range of formatting options and the ability to insert images and other media into notes, which can be very useful for students and professionals alike. Notion also offers excellent cross-platform support, with apps available for all major desktop and mobile operating systems.Another key advantage of Notion is its robust search function, which makes it easy to find specific notes or information within your notebooks. This can be especially helpful for users with large collections of notes or those who need to frequently reference past notes. Notion also offers robust collaboration features, including the ability to share notes and notebooks with others and work on them together in real-time.

Cons

One issue is that the free version of Notion is somewhat limited in terms of features and storage space. Users who want access to all of the platform's features and a larger storage allotment will need to upgrade to a paid subscription. Additionally, Notion's interface can be somewhat cluttered and overwhelming for some users, which can make it more difficult to navigate and use. Finally, some users have reported performance issues with the Notion app on certain devices, which can be frustrating.

Björn

Reviewed on 30/3/2020

Beyond happy with Notion. I don't think I could ever work without it in the future

Personally I use Notion everyday to track my OKRs (objectives and key results) and document all my learnings. Out with Google sheets and links everywhere - in with notion pages. With possibilities of adding virtually anything into the pages (timelines, tables, videos, images, etc..), it makes everything much more clear and readable. It has become a core tool in our internal communication.

On top of that, you can even create pages for external use. I believe Pento are a great example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

They literally use it as an employer branding tool to present their company to the world. Why not do something like that for your company? :)

Pros

What I like the most with Notion is that I do not even know where to start to describe it. We use it for so many things in our company. Each team has their own space where they can drive their own projects - some may have some high level presentations of the people in the team, others like marketing use it for their "project requests". All in all I feel that everything is just much more organised as soon as it is in notion. The important is probably to start with a good structure and then make sure everyone knows how to use it.

Cons

When it has not been structured, it can get chaotic. Make sure you have a great "base" and then onboard all the users with some guidelines, and it will all be great!

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Review for Notion

Notion is a productivity and management tool that provides users with a wealth of options to manage their activities, projects, and notes. Many users appreciate its adaptability and customizability features, which let users build notes, tasks, wikis, and databases all on the same platform.Notion can build versatile, nested databases, which is one of its best features. Users have a great deal of flexibility in how they organise and monitor information by creating various sorts of databases, such as tables, boards, or calendars, and linking and nesting them. Users can also add custom fields, tags, and links to connect relevant objects, making it simple to keep track of their work and reference material.One more function that many users like

Pros

Notion is a highly versatile and customizable productivity and organization tool that offers a variety of features for users to keep track of their tasks, projects, and notes. One of the most liked feature of Notion, is its ability to function as a all in one work space, allowing users to create notes, tasks, wikis, and even databases, all within one platform.One of the features that users particularly like in Notion, is the ability to create flexible and nested databases. Notion allows users to create different types of databases like a table, a board, or a calendar, which can be linked and nested, giving a high degree of flexibility in organizing and tracking information. Users can also add custom fields, tags, and link related items together, making it easy to keep track of their work and reference information.Another feature that many users appreciate is the ability to format and style their notes and documents in a way that is visually appealing and easy to read. Notion offers a wide range of formatting options and templates that allow users to create beautiful and well-organized notes, documents, and project pages. Additionally, the templates library provides a range of pre-designed pages for different kind of tasks, such as creating a personal journal, a meeting notes, a project dashboard and more.Lastly, the ability to share and collaborate on documents, tasks, and projects in real-time, makes it an ideal tool for remote teams and is also highly valued by many u

Cons

One aspect of Notion that some users might not enjoy is how complicated it is and how steep the learning curve is. Some users may find it challenging to immediately grasp and completely utilise all of Notion's features due to the tool's robust customization possibilities and nesting capabilities. Users who desire a clear organisation tool may find this irritating.The limitations of the free edition are yet another characteristic that some users might not appreciate. A free version of Notion's service is available, but it has restrictions on the number of blocks, integrations, and team members that can be added. For users with more complex requirements, this may provide a barrier, necessitating an upgrade to a paying plan.

Aniirudh
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Notion is one of the most powerful end-to-end all-in-one productivity tool

Truly Amazing

Pros

I love how versatile Notion is - I use it literally like a second brain in order to manage everything in life - especially chores and tasks.

Templates make this so much more powerful. I love how we can convert pages into their own websites and share them. Especially with third-party tools that work on top of Notion, it makes this a productivity beast! Absolutely love Notion

Cons

Mobile App needs a lot of work. Currently, it is slow and the UI is not very intuitive. Also other features like additional tab, centering sentences would make this even better.

Document Organization

Google Keep

it's better
Arun Sarathy

Reviewed on 26/2/2022

Must have tool if you are a solo creator!

With all the pros and cons I outlined, I still love Notion and what it does to save my brain space. I just cannot live without Notion.

Pros

The best part of Notion is its Kanban view with capabilities to add great deal of notes, tags, keywords, dates, custom fields, within each task. My workflow would be a spaghetti if Notion didn't come to my rescue. I have made my move from maintaining a simple plain vanilla Google Spreadsheet to Notion and never looked back! All my YouTube video planning happens within Notion. And so is the case with my dozen other projects.

Cons

The first thing that stands out for me is its non-intuitive Folder - Page structure.
The other annoyance happens within different views - whenever I want to see my data in a table view, the list doesn't make sense to me, although I was the one who created it. Another problem with table view is that when my rows grow in number, I had to scroll all the way down while the table itself takes time to load with every scroll. That micro-second waiting time is actually eternity in digital time.
One additional irritation is that its mobile app is kinda slow. I just don't feel like even opening it on my mobile unless I really need to refer something real quick. Otherwise, I use just the web app 99.9% of the time.