About Square Online

Square Online is an eCommerce solution that helps businesses in retail and hospitality industries create and launch websites with a custom domain name using built-in templates. The centralized platform allows organizations to...

Browse Square Online Reviews

Casscilla

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

My square store

overall, I love the product, It help me get my starter business ope and running when I had no idea how to start it SQUARE ONLINE STORE got me what I need and how I needed it to be done so that I could be my best.

Pros

Well first of all it's free you can not beat that no matter how you slice the deal. Finding out what kind of store you are wanting to open. Will you be offering single shipping out will you be shipping multi items for shipping. And if you will be shipping the items or if someone will be picking the items up from you.

Cons

no bad thing s to say about this peace of software. It ask all of the right questions to get your new business up and running no mater wat it maybe that you are trying your hand at this software is ware business will come.

Caretha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

Review For Square

Great ! Experience and they are top the line merchant services that I have ever known.
I look forward to more upgrades like Weebly and more of their great , convenient , easy to use, feature and services.

Pros

The merchant service fit my business industry, products and services. The upgrade of services and feature are awesome!

Cons

Need a easy shipping on the online website shipping admin with the weight, shipping prices and a easier one time payment link just for businesses without the campaign because it is political. So make a separate link that fits embed code on the features and make it easier to embed. And I can not receive what ever business sales amount of a purchase over 50,000.00 each transactions. I have to make partial payments through the website for one purchase transaction (For Example: if a sale is 115,000 and the transaction only excepts 50,000.00 per transaction; so there will have to be 3 purchase transactions. That's horrible. I need only one transaction per purchase at any price and they can still add other purchases if selected and add to total.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Has some great features, but also plenty of glitches

Overall, Square Online has improved a lot since we started using it at the end of 2019. We love the delivery and curbside pickup features. There are still improvements that could be made, like setting up a subscription program to encourage recurring orders. Most of the features are pretty basic (customer loyalty program, 'similar items', etc.) - we wish there was more ability to customize features so they better meet our needs.

Pros

Creating our website through Square Online was pretty easy, especially for someone without a background in web design. The inventory management features and integration with Square POS is great!

Cons

Just beware, there seem to be a lot of bugs with Square Online and getting ahold of customer service via phone is not easy. You have to jump through several hoops before they will give you a phone number to call. This can be very frustrating when the website is having an issue that needs immediate attention. Once you do get ahold of customer service, if your issue is not deemed 'high priority' it can take them weeks/months to fix it, if they ever do at all.

Top Square Online Alternatives

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Excellent Product with Hidden Costs!!

Functionality of the website and operation is excellent. Customer service and knowledge of staff is not what it should be and information regarding fees is unclear.

Pros

I loved how easy everything was and that it was very similar to the way Apple products work.

Cons

There are a LOT of hidden costs with Square. We were going to use Square for our entire operation as it has features for a food business that no one else in the market has. Unfortunately Square charge 50p per online order that is not explained clearly on their website. As we process thousands of orders per week that cost is huge compared to rivals. Square were unable to provide an explanation of what that 50p per order was for and as it can’t be justified we cannot transfer our complete customer base to Square.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

We only use Square for selected customers at certain festivals.
Gina

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

Easy to use, flexible and intuitive

Nothing but thumbs up overall. We have used several other POS programs and by far think the value of Square can't be beat.

Pros

Ease of use and an excellent support team makes Square Online a fabulous option. The templates are designed to look good on both desktops and mobile devices. Very modern and intuitive. Super easy to set up and learn. Integration with Square Retail catalog is good.

Cons

I wish I could copy design elements from one web page to another. The template layouts are also a bit restrictive. Would be nice to have CSS access to fully customize. Would also like the item description to sync with Square Retail without losing the design elements.

Revel Systems and Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

Integrated credit card processing, ease of use, excellent price point, accessible customer support/

Vend

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Integration with Square Retail for our brick and mortar business.

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

Square Review

Been using Square online in terms of website building, CRM marketing and getting clients on board with a subscription service.

Pros

Really enjoy the point of sale software & hardware, the invoicing ability and the CRM tools that are available with the marketing tools that you can subscribe for.

Cons

The inability to do instant transfers until you've processed a certain amount of payments, payroll fees being deducted per payment versus per service.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

To combine all of those needs and be able to have a process whereby I can pay people, build a website and process invoices.
Eric
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Simple & Robust Site Management for Small Businesses

Overall enjoy it and won't change from it for now. Since we've opened, we've had no down time related to hosting issues, would reccomend.

Pros

Ease of use was the biggest draw to this product. Everything was a breeze to setup and was able to start selling our products within minutes of uploading photos and descriptions, couldn't be easier.

Cons

The software lacked the robustness of others. As far as features, some are limited in functionality where others had some small glitches.

Rachel

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Great for new entrepreneurs!

I am using my site to reach my audience and provide them with meaningful content, recipes etc.

Pros

It's easy to use and getting started was fairly straightforward

Cons

I don't have much to compare it to, so I can't really comment here.

Edward
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Square it away with one Click

Pros

Easy to navigate and flexible with being able to switch out text easily via the business owners needs in how the site looks , feels, and comes across to the customer

Cons

Not enough templates to use in my opinion that corresponds with the theme of my business

Karla
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

Retail

Pros

This software is amazing for retail and small business

Cons

The least I like is nothing this app is amazing

Scott
  • Industry: Music

An Affordable Option for Small Businesses

Square Online has provided the most effective and affordable option for a growing small business that cannot afford the hefty price tags of other systems.

Pros

Square Online is a decent system that integrates well with the Square Retail POS. Managing inventory is generally easy although more features could be added consistent with our industry. Square stepped up its game by offering more options during the pandemic such as enhanced marketing tools, sales channel integrations with Facebook and an additional fulfillment method to offer to clients. Marketing features are decent, and the convenience of mobile apps is convenient when on the go.

Cons

Square needs to consider businesses that offer rentals. There can be improvements to better manage rental inventory and sales. Also, many manufacturers in our industry require that sale prices not be listed on e-commerce platforms. Square Online should add a "Call for Price" option.

Rain POS

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Cost effectiveness, additional features for non-premium accounts, convenience
Amber

Great All-In-One Product for Small Business

Overall I am throughly impressed and satisfied with Square. It is my understanding that the few issues I have with them they are in the process of releasing at some date in the future.

Pros

The overall ease of use is pretty simple. I also love having everything I need in one place. Payroll, POS, website, Google integration and so much more!

Cons

There is currently no pay in 4 option, which I feel hurts a retail business like mine.

Shopify Plus, Clover and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Square had the most features at the best price.
Nicole
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Stylist that uses Square

Pretty good

Pros

It’s Straight forward and end-user friendly.

Cons

I want more personalization for my website.

Vagaro and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Square Online

I didn’t like that styleseat charged my customers to book online.

Colleague recommendation
Karen Mardell

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

The best business user platform available!

Excellent. Great customer service, follow up, and explanation's when needed.

Pros

Customers rave on the ease of use and it's super easy to navigate, edit, or update.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the location to make a change to the site.

PayPal and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Less time to set up, very customer friendly, pricing, service, and platform use.
Amy

A Small Business With a Big Agenda

Love it. I always have. Smart, affordable and easy to use. I especially like the fact that the two times (over ten years) that I needed tech support, I was able to talk with a person in minutes.

Pros

As a businesswoman and an artist on a mission, I appreciate having an easy to use platform for promoting and selling my work. I don’t like to spend much time on a computer, but if it’s helping me be successful, I’m in. Square offers all the tools I need in a value packed package.

Cons

Least? I suppose when I went from swipe to chip I dropped my phone handing it to a customer for a signature. Lesson learned.

Ann

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

So happy I made the leap!

A very good experience overall! I get done what I need to get done and have all the basics that I need.

Pros

The ease of use has been critical for me & my business.

Cons

I do feel that there could be more features - many of which are likely available in the paid versions - that would certainly help out.

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

I was already invested (time wise) into Square and really didn’t have a glaring reason to switch.
Lakeya
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Perfect for small businesses

Pros

Square is user friendly and reasonably priced. I’ve tried other systems and ultimately came back to Square every time.

Cons

Square is a little difficult to integrate with websites that are built on other platforms but overall still the best to use.

PayPal, QuickBooks Online Advanced and Shopify

PayPal
Andrea
  • Industry: Publishing

Square Is The Perfect Site For Publishing

I have used Square almost from the moment I founded our press. It is easy to navigate, easy for a web master to add or subtract books, and so easy for our readers to purchase a book or even many books at one time. The site feels very safe to both us and to our purchasers. I also particularly like how quickly payments come in and are clear. I gave up other sites when I began to employ Square. I can't begin to say how very happy I have been with Square in infinite ways!

Pros

In the world of publishing, there are countless ways to access or sell books and magazines. Square makes it easy to place a book up for sale on our site, with full description. Too, the purchasers are able to access the book for purchase even if they are not very familiar with computers or purchase sites.

Cons

It might be a tad easier to work with a template that allows for some changes editorially. For example, there is not a Free Shipping button.

Spencer
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

A thoughtfully-designed and feature-packed site builder that is painless to navigate!

I'm really satisfied with how simple my Square Online site was to create, and is to stylize and update. It looks fabulous, even with the robust free features, but it's a powerhouse with the analytics on the backend. I love that I can link my Square Online site as a subdomain to be able to use it as a booking website for my photography business. Cutting down on email communication with clients, which has Square Online has made possible through its Square Appointments integration with Square Online, has been an invaluable tool for prioritizing time in-person with my clients. Square Online looks great, it's functional, and it's easy to use. It's a primary tool in my business' toolkit.

Pros

For how feature-packed the product is, It's very user-friendly to navigate and set up. For how great the complete product looks, it shouldn't be so simple to use.

Cons

Connecting my Square Online site a subdomain was not a simple task. Establishing the SSL certificate credentials with my web host took a little extra time.

Crystal

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

Good overall value for product

Square Online financial metrics help me save time as far as monthly reporting and paying taxes, love the reporting!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, doesn't work seamlessly for all foodservice operations

Cons

Missing features to group orders by times can designate pick up on the customer end but not able to only have specific pick up times per hour ie 20 pick ups w/in 5pm time slot, 20 more for 6pm and so on

Clover

familiarity with the product

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

A must have for small businesses

Pros

Very easy to use. Affordable. Good customer support.

Cons

The price for their POS subscription, on top of taking a processing fee is a bit much. Sometimes customer service isn't available during major issues.

Wix and Shopify
Amber

Software Review

Absolutely love it!

Pros

Very user friendly! Easy to jump into different categories and simple to create!

Cons

So difficulty but customer service is great!

Emily
  • Industry: Cosmetics

User friendly

The software meets all my business needs

Pros

This software does everything I need it to do. It is simple to use. I did not need any additional training or education. It meets all my business needs.

Cons

Nothing. It exceeds all my business needs and is user friendly

PayPal and GlossGenius

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

More convenient and cost effective.
Jason
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

I love using square

I do love all of the features. Most of it is straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use. It is straight forward.

Cons

It is pay to play. Subscription to open up all the parts of the service adds up quick.

Needed something better

Reasons for Switching to Square Online

Just was my first choice
Lauren

Great POS system

Overall this is a great Point of Sales system. It is easy for new employees to learn and it has a lot of options for different ways to sell your products. It is a one-stop-shop for online & in person sales.

Pros

This software is generally easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone starting a new business. It is pretty straightforward and we do not have a lot of issues with the system.

Cons

We really wish we could make notes on an invoice after it has been paid! Even if it is just an internal note for our records. Also, Adding a new location was not very straight forward.