Cin7 Core Reviews

About Cin7 Core

Cin7 Core is an app that makes enterprise-level inventory management, manufacturing, sales integration, reporting, and automation accessible to all businesses. Leverage the power of multi-module inventory management software to...

4.2
4.2

Browse Cin7 Core Reviews

Neil
Neil

Reviewed on 7/1/2022

A perfect for my ecommerce store

Excellent

Pros

The strong integration with Woocommerce and Quickbooks and the easy to use workflow

Cons

Ideally I would like shipping integration into my shipping partner they are currently looking at this

Lurieca

Reviewed on 23/6/2023

Administrator Feedback

Thank you for the very good software that is really helpful to everyone, keep updating its features and I suggest that can you also please update the support website. Please do more in integration side to be posted, the side effects if we have the wrong steps that may affect each software. I would like to apprecaite [sensitive content hidden] from her/his last support to me, I was really satisfied on her response, it's being clear and detailed and informative, I was successfully implemented my client's needs because of good support. I look forward to see that kind of support to improve your customer service.

Pros

It's inventory module that is really in detailed feature. It's not easy to integrate since you have to feed the data more detailed and informative especially in importing the products. Some companies are not complete in their product details. But it worth the patience, when it's successful, it will be more ease for the users/clients to use the whole system as well as they are trained and learned how to use it.

Cons

About the support in my previous months, I cannot get the satisfaction based on their answers, especially when I have a very technical and critical situation. They are not consistent on their solutions, hence, I was disappointed. The support is given 24 to 48 hours of response and yet there are times that their answer to my query is not kind of convincing for me to follow. I have this instance that their advise for me to do this and that lead me to almost danger situation of the system and to my client. So I want your support team to always discuss the DO's and DON'Ts and the effect of the situation of each query especially when it comes to technical side of integrations between other software like in Xero, most commonly cloud based integration.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

In terms of Inventory Management, Cin7 Core is the best way to use because its detailed and more functional features that every large or small companies really needed to be more at ease in monitoring the movements and transactions of their inventory .
Elliot

Reviewed on 9/5/2024

Poor Customer service

Bad, system does not meet my requirements and this was not communicated by onboarding manager/sales

Pros

It's got a variety of possible option and integration.

Cons

Jack of all trades master of none.

Literally does not work well if you have a complex supply chain

Top Cin7 Core Alternatives

Steve
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Great Order Management Program

Integration with Shopify
Inventory Management

Cons

Everything works as it should. Haven't found a con yet.

Warwick
  • Industry: Fishery

Reviewed on 5/5/2023

Daily user of Dear

Overall Dear is meeting our needs when connected to Xero. It meets our day to day inventory needs however would be much better if it was a more complete accounting & inventory package.

Pros

Dear was straight forward and reasonably easy to set up. It is good for our daily transaction, inventory management, and handles multiple warehouses and foreign currency well.

Cons

Features that could be improved are: visibility of stock on hand and sell price whilst in inventory, instead one has to either drill down on each stock item or go to reports. A general ledger section that has P & L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc would also be more user friendly- instead of going to reports.

Sage Intacct

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Changed from Evolution as wanted a simpler, more user friendly, cloud based package. Preferred Dear over Unleashed due to better GL for inventory

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

I could setup Dear myself, I was advised Intacct would require costly support to setup.
Christina

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

For the money Orderhive works better than some really expensive programs we have tried.

Orderhive is an overall great value. Its inventory, kitting and bundling capabilities have made managing our inventory very easy. It has more robust inventory features than Zentail and SkuVault, however in other areas it still has a way to go. It has been more accurate with tracking our inventory across the marketplaces than other programs, and while it has more features, Inventory is really the only one we use regularly. I would love to see it grow into multi-channel listing management and add some more basic features and rules, but overall we are very happy with orderhive and will continue to use it.

Pros

It offers a good solid inventory solution. It has been hard to find a program with Multi-warehouse inventory tracking that doesn't cost a fortune. Unlike most other programs Orderhive will take the inventory out of the location that it is shipped from , keeping a more accurate inventory of each warehouse. The accuracy is pretty solid, as we have not found one yet that works for our sku set and setup, but Orderhive has been the best so far.

Cons

*No half cent pricing- unable to use many of the built in features.
*Partial ship orders from multiple warehouses. You cannot split an order into multiple warehouses to ship

Dustin
Dustin

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at...

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days!

New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them.

Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations.

For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect.

Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Odoo, NetSuite and Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from Cin7

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Replied 31/3/2021
Mia
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Reviewed on 4/7/2023

Great support for training and set up

My CIN 7 experience so far has been great, apart from that I couldn't get urgent support from the daily support team after the training project is closed. Being a new user, this is essential, as even I have been trained, to be able fully function, further support is needed in a timely manner.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] has provided great helping through training sessions and initial set up of the system to make my job easier, she has gone above and beyond which makes me feel that Cin 7 Core is a system I can easily recommend to other people from this prospective.

Cons

0Customer support from CIN 7 Support Team (after system set up), the turnaround to get back to me and the response is not user friendly for new users, all new users would be experiencing a lot of questions and issue at the very beginning start using the system, and the problem I experience actually stop my office functioning, to book a call online for a few days in advance doesn't work to this situation at all.

Philip

Reviewed on 11/7/2023

Cin7 Excellent Inventory Management

Very easy to setup and use and excellent support when needed

Pros

Ease of use and almost instant access to support when required

Cons

No mobile app - it’s not easy to use the system in a browser on a phone

MYOB Advanced Business

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Value for money. But in hindsight, it’s also much easier to use, updates are reliable and it just works. Plus the support is first class. It’s what I’d expect from a cloud based system.
Johanna
Johanna

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

OrderHive ROCKS!! Easiest integration flow I have come across

IN LOVE..will recommend.

Pros

integration and chat help. pricing and easy of setup

Cons

pros are not always super responsive cs time and onboarding calls can be challenging because not native english speakers - but totally doable.

Amaan

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

hurts to write this review

I used orderhive for our ecommerce/whoelsale business for 3 years.

For over 2 years, I was not willing to sign a contract because how often the software integrations would fail, whether it was not updating tracking on amazon, or not importing orders from some channels, not tagging orders properly, or not exporting invoices into our quickbooks accounting software. Those were the most common issues we had, but as a ecommerce company, those are the lifeblood of our business

The sales rep finally convinced me to sign up for a 1 year contract after quite some time. 3 months into my contract, I get contacted by a manager on their team saying that my order volume is too high (it was actually much lower order volume than when i signed up) and I need to start paying an extra $.12 per order or upgrad my plan even further. This was not told to me when I signed up for the 1 year contact. When I signed up for the one year contract, they gave me user based pricing while they knew everything about my order volume and integrations.

Overall, the software is packed with features and is cheap, but it really is very buggy. They are trying to improve things, but the customer service is mostly lacking and the bugs are everywhere. Worst of all, they got me into a contract and then chagned the terms and tried to increase the price.

Pros

- cheap (compared to others). but in the long run it costs you more because the software is full of bugs!
- tons of features (that don't consistently work)

Cons

- so many bugs!
- customer service (9/10 times they wouldn't help and would say "we need to escalate this to our technical team". those 9 times were all time sensitive for our business
- no mobile app for iOS
- lock you into a contract and then try to charge you more after 4 months of being locked into their buggy software

Cin7 Omni, Extensiv Order Management and ChannelAdvisor

more features and cheaper

Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

had all the needed integrations, and it was cheap
Deb
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 12/5/2023

An accountant's Point of View.

Inventory control and costs with real figures to add to the P&L. Inventory true numbers easily tracked and sales with all 5 different payments on Shopify easily tracked.

Pros

Easy to learn the different modules and to teach others how.

Cons

When you have to undo sales orders, it completely undoes everything. The sales order should hold the inventory already taken from the system. Sometimes it is impossible to redo because the inventory is no longer available.I also wish that additional costs would add to the per unit cost of inventory.

ivan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it.
Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

Pros

User friendly
Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow
excellent aftersales support - swift in response

Cons

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions
Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Increase productivity. No hassle of maintaining the sever locally

Dynamics 365

Easy to use (user friendly) Great aftersales support
Justin

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

System Implementation

We just had our Go-Live a couple days ago and we haven't had any significant issues with the overall system.[sensitive content hidden] our Implementation Manager was great to work with, she was very helpful and fast to respond to any questions or issues that we had during the setup.

Pros

I like the ability to import purchase orders via CSV.

Cons

We would like more user permission controls in the POS app. We wish the Cash Management screen's cash balance wasn't visible to all users of the till.

Odoo, NetSuite and Vend

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

EPOS has major issues with their purchase order modules and inventory management capabilities.

Epos Now

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

DEAR checked most of the boxes we needed for inventory management. The speed of implementation was also a big factor for us compared to the other products we looked at.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

Be Cautious of Orderhive

2 weeks ago, I sent an email to our original sales representative, stating that I wished to cancel the project. I had a reply from the CEO of the company, and in that email it confirmed what I had suspected for some time… He stated that “In the last two months, we have upgraded architecture of Orderhive to achieve customisation in the SaaS version. So we can deliver better and much faster than earlier. I am working on your requirement to figure out how we can achieve it in SaaS customisation.”

Orderhive has essentially used the money we have paid them to develop our custom solution to upgrade their own SaaS solution - we have funded some part of the development of their SaaS product that they will ultimately use to sell to other customers.

It is frustrating that they are now refusing to refund our monies, which in reality, is a tiny portion of what we have spent in time and wages on this project. They have a clear refund policy - but usually these only apply when something/anything is actually delivered.

It is absolutely possible that the Orderhive out-of-the-box SaaS solution is a good one. However, I would warn anyone who is looking at the “Plus”/”Enterprise” solution to be extremely cautious of Orderhive. If you do go ahead, do not accept the scope that is sold to you by Orderhive - insist on a custom, detailed scope of works with details about how each feature will work. Insist on progress payments that are payable on delivery of each feature.

Pros

I can only speak of my experience, as an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer. I try to be fair in all my reviews, and this review should only be taken into consideration if you are looking at becoming an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer.

Around 18 months ago I started conversations with Orderhive as a potential vendor to run a large portion of our ecommerce business. It seemed promising, and the idea that the Plus (now called Enterprise) solution was customisable was the reason I decided to select Orderhive.

There was a significant amount of due-diligence from my end. It took me around 6 months to get my head around what features the software currently had, and what we would need to have Orderhive complete as a customisation.

This in itself was also quite a bit of work - there were a number of revisions to the contract documents, created by a non-technical sales representative. My concerns started around this point when I was unable to speak with a technical representative to discuss, in more detail, how each feature would work.

The google doc that I created to try to capture the detail of each feature was simply copy and pasted in to the contract document - meaning that if I missed something then it was going to be developed incorrectly. It seemed that there was no attempt whatsoever from Orderhive to truly understand what it was that we required on a deep level.

Cons

Nonetheless, once we signed the contract, and we paid the deposit, things were underway - and I will admit it did seem promising. Within around 8 weeks Orderhive had set up the staging and production server environments and had completed some very basic functionalities such as adding an additional column to the Kanban order view.

However, once the very basic customisations were completed, things completely stopped. It was tough work from my part to get the Orderhive team together to discuss where the project was at, and why it had stopped. We had a couple discussions about how to get things back on track, but it was at this point that I wondered if Orderhive had just realised some of the complexities that would be involved in our customisations.

It took around 3 more months of exchanges between us for me to formulate a plan in how finish this project - I compromised significantly on the features we originally requested. I actually removed the largest customisation from the project in the hopes it would kick it back in to gear. But it seemed the damage was done - the Orderhive team no longer wanted to work on this project - and instead place their focus on an easier (more profitable) area of their business.

Adam

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Can't Keep Up and Help is Slow and Unspcialised

Frustrating, unsatisfying and I have real worries about the ability for the software to keep up with my business as it grows

We have encountered issues with apps/software due to our large influx of traffic and orders in a short period of time (we receive 50% of our monthly sales in a few hours) but they have provided solutions (for instance SLoyalty provides us with increased bandwidth during the busy 3-4 hours of the month and we have avoided all issues) - can this be done with DEAR? We can provide you with data on the exact time, traffic numbers, units sold for the time. We need a solution to this!!

We are happy to pay more money for this, I just cant run my company with a concern that our inventory system cant keep up with our demand!

Pros

Quite easy to implement
Syncs nicely with our current cloud based software
Interesting/complex reporting

Cons

The over promising, and under delivering of the software. simply, it doesn't do what it claims!

The inventory is not live with Shopify (during launches there is always a lag, causing major headaches for our team and requires a lot of manual adjustments) - we were promised that based on our volume this would not happen, but it does. And it happens every month, for the past 18+ months

Inability to get the specialist help when we need it. We are always given help by a customer service member, not a technician, which slows down our ability to fix the problem. I understand that you need to protect the technicians time from dealing with simple problems, but we do not receive prompt service or the respect that we know what we are talking about!

We need a quicker escalation procedure to get help more urgently

Technicians only work from the afternoon (we are located in Melbourne) so when urgency issues crop up in the morning, we have to wait most of the working day to fix them

b2b portal is not very robust, we have had a lot of issues with this

the fixed provided by DEAR are not log term fixes, they don't fix the root of the problem, but fix it for the moment, but then issues crop up again and we are in the same position.

Response from Cin7

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feedback and improved our Shopify integration. We can now handle large volume of orders (including Shopify Plus accounts) & we have rolled out a new functionality called "Shopify Order Import Retry". Occasionally, during order syncing from Spotify, some sales are not created on the DEAR end. Previously there was no way for a DEAR user to be notified of these failed orders. DEAR developers have now implemented an auto-retry function for sales orders which have not been created in DEAR but are valid sales orders on Shopify (https://dearsystems.com/new-release-12th-april-2020-)

Recently we have done a lot of improvement on the B2B section. You can read more about it & some of the latest releases we have done by visiting our release note section (https://dearsystems.com/release-notes/)

Best Regards,

Replied 21/4/2020
Mari

Reviewed on 24/1/2018

Excellent! I have tried many of the others and this is by far superior in every way!

Daily sales summary report emails are great! Love the inventory capabilities. Not too complicated and utilizes bundling/kitting of products. Can integrate Xero. Instant pushing of updates to eBay, no time delay at all. Great, friendly and timely responses from customer service which are available nearly 24/7. Price is perfect. Lots and lots of features.

Pros

First would have to be the customer service as it is second to none. They are quick and clear to answer your query and fast to fix any bug. They also take onboard your suggestions for any improvement.

Secondly I love the product and bundle functionality. It is very precise and you can accurately account for all inventory so you don't over sell and get the correct numbers.

Thirdly I love how updates on inventory are instantly updated to eBay. This is very important as my previous software I would use would often update within 10 minutes frequently causing me to over sell a bit. Orderhive DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!

I also like the ease of use or the depth of functionality. If your a new user and want to get up and running quickly you can do this with OrderHive and when your a confident user you can start to dive into the other functionality to make your ecosystem of eccomerce software a much richer experience saving you even more time.

Summing up, this software has it all and believe me I have looked. The price is right, the interface is vibrant and uncluttered and intuitive. Nothing but praise for OrderHive. Well done guys!

Cons

This might sound picky but I don't like the fact I can't order the current sales by order value. They have an "Old View" which you can switch to which will let you do this but not under the "New View". When I brought this up with OrderHive they said they would talk to their technicians to see what they can do.(I anticipate this will be updated soon). Can't ask for more.

I don't like that I can't set the inventory levels to be pushed to eBay. This is helpful for selling limits. They offered a work around for this which is setting a second warehouse and only having the amount of stock available in that warehouse that you want pushed. This fixes the problem but is slightly double handling though not too much bother.

Im struggling to think of anything else I "Like Least".

Nigel
Nigel

Reviewed on 19/11/2017

all in all very happy

Pros

"Moved over from sage around 12 months ago to Xero and added Dear which answered the major issues I was having with Sage in that the inventory element (sure, that's not what is was designed for) was woefully inadequate for our business.

I have to report that 12 months in that Dear has met and exceeded expectations and added real value to my inventory management and customer order processing. With the recent addition of the B2B portal, and what my customers will be able to do once is it fully operational will really revolutionalise some of the challenges we faced in, for example, letting customers know what is available from stock etc.

Overall, we made the right move and I haven't seen a better combination of integrated applications than Dear and Xero!
Well done and thanks to both!"

Cons

Dear is a brilliant and responsive company, although my only gripe, is that there are few updates or communique's relating to bug fixes or developments of the application. Example is the B2B portal, there are many comments about what features are needed and bug fixes, but as yet no commentary from Dear as to which will or won't be incorporated. Like me, many will become less likely to comment f it is not apparent that they are being acknowledged. Come on Dear, at least add a comment!!

Response from Cin7

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for this review we are happy to hear everything is going well. We would like to take some time to address some of the cons.

We have new updates/releases of new features pretty much on a weekly basis. The minor changes get notified through in app notifications and major monthly releases get sent out as news letters. This can be found in our release notes sections http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/

Regarding the forum we get a lot of inquiries to add new features and we usually work on an up-voting system and implement suggestions that are most popular against our users. When our businesses analysts decide on what we should implement a planned status will appear next to the suggestion. When its in progress the status will change to 'In Progress' and once finished the status will change to Implemented.

Please see our development road-map for everything that is coming up in relation to B2B enhancements based on user requests http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/

Best Regards

Replied 21/11/2017
Moss
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

Disappointing

There are so many great things to like about DEAR but so many to hate as well. My biggest complaint is that they do not listen to their customers. Basic features that other platforms have like Country of Origin and HS Codes are missing here. We use DEAR with Shipstation, Amazon, and Shopify. All of which support both of these features as they are requirements for international shipping. Due to DEAR's lack of implementation of this feature it requires manually updated these two manually for every product in DEAR whereas the other platforms all sync this information seamlessly. This creates a nightmare with large inventory catalogues and creating accurate commercial invoices.

DEAR has a support forum where users can request new features and discuss bugs. Users, like myself, have gone on to this platform for years requesting certain simple features only to be told that you have to request it on the forum and depending on how many people actually like your feature request is how they rank if they are going to actually implement it. It seems most basic requests are ignored while they roll out new flashy features that don't work well either. I don't remember ever being so disappointed with software.

Pros

The user interface is nice and easy to use.

Cons

The bugs! There are so many little bugs that pop up all the time. We have a team of 10 people using DEAR and almost daily there are more bugs that need to be flagged to DEAR technical support and they always blame the user until finally they realize that it is actually a bug.

Response from Cin7

Hello Moss,

Thank you for your feedback. DEAR is an out of the box solution where we expect our valued customers to adapt their business processors to match what we offer. We do provide a 28 day trial period for customers so that they can evaluate if DEAR is the right fit for them.

We do take our customer feature requests (https://support.dearsystems.com/support/discussions/forums/1000108132) very seriously. The development process evolves around these requests (Development Roadmap
- https://dearsystems.com/development-roadmap/). As much as we want to implement every request, we do not have unlimited resources to accommodate it all. The number of customers who have requests and how that feature will help the customer are a few of the selection criterias we use when selecting what gets added to the development roadmap.

If you have any questions please reach out to us on [email protected]

Regards,

Replied 4/4/2022
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Good Price, Very Slow and Technical Glitches

Pros

The price is one of the lowest in the business for what it offers. You can even connect Amazon FBA inventory and manage your purchases which makes other applications usually very expensive.
Positive is also that it supports Multi-Currency and shows the customers country in the order overview.
Support replies usually within the day via email or skype.

Cons

When you tag an order it doesn't instantly show this tag, you first have to click somewhere else or refresh the page.
And sometimes its really slow and you have to wait half a minute until something happens when you click to open a view or order.
What also bothers us is that you only can put orders on hold when you are in the "Awaiting shipment" Order view, but not in the "All order" view.
If you want to get your customized features, you have to pay one year in advance.

Recently we have the problem that orders from Amazon or Ebay won't show up in Orderhive. Because we have to fulfill some of them within 1 business days, this problem is a real problem. We then have to print all orders manually from Amazon or ebay and make our labels manually which takes a lot of more time. The orders will appear in Orderhive 6-12 hours after they have been placed. This happened to us maybe 5 times already.
After contacting the Orderhive support they very quickly replied to us on Skype. But then they told us to contact Amazon ourselves to find out what's going on. After we've noticed that it's not only eBay but also Amazon they didn't come up with a solution yet.
The last time it happened this week they've replied it was a technical glitch which affected all users of Orderhive.
We are looking for another solution now, but we know it will cost us a lot more. I guess you get what you pay for.

Dave
Dave

Reviewed on 14/1/2018

After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my...

Pros

The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed.

The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software and I'm glad I took the time to do so.

The multiple warehouse locations field, along with the multiple bin locations field, both available in DEAR but not available in some other offerings, is a basic requirement of a stock management system as far as I am concerned.

Whilst the software might appear complex for first-time users, those with experience of stock systems and business processes should find it a breeze to set up and use for the purpose intended, especially if they are familiar with setting up other software. It's an advantage, but not a requirement, if the person(s) setting it up also have an understanding of business accounts and are able to find their way around creating/editing MS Word mail-merge templates.

I am impressed that I have been able to use the software to accomplish pretty much every task that my clients' have asked of it so far. The ease of integration with other cloud-based applications puts another tick in the box for me.

Cons

This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

Malcolm

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Louise
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

experience

I am pleased with some of the responses I receive from support staff, but a few do not take the time to explain clearly i.e. in detail. I have to ask several times to end up having an exact answer

Your software is very complex to learn especially as my language is French, but the results are good when there are no mistakes. And there is no place to error otherwise you have to start all over again. For example if we change the cost of a raw material we have to reassemble, but if there have been sales, write off, credits, etc. related to this raw material and to this assembly we must all UNDO and then redo. It is a long process that should not be so. I asked and was told I had no choice! It’s incredible !

I lost more than 1 month (actually) trying to find the cause of a synchronization problem with QBO and the error was on your side, you hadn't done the required testing, you weren't ready to put your software on the market. Refer to cases 122382 in particular and also 123752 and 123954 etc. to name a few. You have created a special tool (FIND INCORRECT DUPLICATE MANUAL JOURNALS IN QUICKBOOKS) to correct these problems, and this tool was far from adequate since it erased several transactions that were not to be in QBO , and again I had to work very hard to check what had been erased and redo everything. This defect in your programming has had a huge impact on accounting in QBO.
I will no longer use your tool which is supposed to find duplicates in QBO, I prefer to check eac

Pros

The immense possibilities of your software

Cons

We had a lot of difficulty during the first few months following the integration with QBO. We asked for compensation but to no avail. I am copying an email I wrote to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in July. We had a charge of 3,016.00 $CA in March 2019. We ask you for a discount for the renewal of 2020 please

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

I Am Extremely Satisfied & Highly Recommend Dear Inventory!

Pros

After almost two years with DEAR, we couldn't be more pleased! We needed a centralised inventory system with CRM capabilities that could seamlessly integrate and sync to SHOPIFY, XERO, as well as our offline sales channels. Being in the food industry, we also needed a system that could track the shelf-life of our products, and make sure first expired items were sold first. This is an important feature for us that we did not find in TradeGecko, which we tested out as well before we made our decision in early 2016. DEAR also helps us keep track of our items on consignment (location / expiry date / batch number) as well as create hampers and other gift bundles with ease, thanks to their Bill of Materials function. I particularly enjoy the level of detail available to us, to store relevant information such as supplier SKUs and multiple price lists. The system is sturdy and the UX is straightforward and intuitive, which has made the transition easy for the whole team!

Tamara Agusta
General Manager
Profood Ltd

Cons

Occasionally DEAR can be a little slow to load, and customer service is not always as quick as one would like it to be.

Response from Cin7

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that mostly everything is going well for you. If you ever do experience slow performance again please be sure to notify support immediately so our tech team can look into it. Our systems is not known for slow performance as we use top range data centers provide by Microsoft Azure.

Best Regards

Replied 21/11/2017
Carlos

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

experience as a implementer and user of DEAR

a little frustrating for the limitations fo the system and interfae with XERO.
Limitations: need to UNDO a compleate sale to be able to make any change
Sync with Xero: constant errors
Very slowwww we have a 100/40mgb connection and good computers (local app or better use of cache)

Pros

- What we would expect from a Inventory Managment system
- Chinese interface
- advance sale function (multiple dispatches, multiple invoices for one sale order)
- integration with Shopify

Cons

DEAR

- faster JSON access (no limitation of 60 calls per second)
- no need to UNDO sales for non essential information fields change
- ability to edit allocation of products
- ability to edit batch/serial information
- Reports 1) shows clear information of Sale Order that have not been 1) shiped, 2) invoiced. 2) be able to extract information related to earning power of a product (% margin x rotation of a product)
- Ability to limit sales bellow certain margin or price
- Dashboard with historical inventory and accounts receivables graphs (currently not available)
- Rename product fields (example: type, category, brand, stock locator, barcode…)
- Additional fields available on more reports
- reports are missing a lot of related information that could / should be available