MoneyMinder Reviews

About MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder is a comprehensive nonprofit financial management software designed to simplify and streamline financial operations for a wide range of group types. Whether you belong to a parent group, service club, youth club,...

4.8
4.8

Browse MoneyMinder Reviews

Tammy
Tammy

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

MoneyMinder Saved the day!

Overall this has been extremity helpful in organizing our finances and keeping up with the homes that have been sold in our community.

Pros

I really like the fact that this is very easy to use. If you do not have an accounting background you can still operate within the software with limited knowledge.

Cons

The totally separate fiscal years is very limiting in some aspects. I would like to be able to print all details for the prior year for those contacts that have not paid their bill.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Ease of use and cost.
Deanna

Reviewed on 15/5/2023

MoneyMinder was the right choice for our association

I've only been using it for a couple of months, though though this time was spent verifying and reconciling past and current year, which gave me a much more thorough understanding of navigating MoneyMinder, correcting my mistakes, and learning how to use categories and budgeting. I think it is a sufficiently robust product for our 14-unit association, and I'm looking forward to exploring the features in more depth. So far, so good!

Pros

We are a small HOA association needed a simple replacement for our spreadsheets to track our accounting. After a good deal of research, I stumbled on MoneyMinder. The free trials, plus the AMAZING assistance from [sensitive content hidden] in Money Minder support to create our setup and input an entire year's worth of data for us was a game changer. And for the first time, we can easily create a budget and track our income and expenses to budget.

Cons

I would like to see a report by month of income by unit with the unit #, all in one place with totals for each unit for each month. Maybe it's there, and I just haven't found it. I think they option for accrual rather than cash accounting would be helpful, but not critical.

Quicken

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

For my own sanity when I took over as Treasurer :-) Plus we need accounting software and more automation. MoneyMinder provided that for us at a very reasonable price with incredible support.

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder was targeted to non-profits including HOAs, and also had the support we needed.
Stanley

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

Great customer service

Pros

The software itself was straight forward and easy to use.
I ran into a lot of trouble with reconciling Money Minder. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went above and beyond to help me get it figured out.
She dis an absolutely phenomenal job!!

Cons

Nothing specific about the software was negative.

Top MoneyMinder Alternatives

Christi
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

MoneyMinder great for Booster Clubs!

Overall, my experience with MoneyMinder has been great. I was concerned coming into my Treasurer role that I would be stuck with a program I didn't like. That was not the case. MoneyMinder is so easy to use that I've suggested it to other small nonprofits I work with. It's great!

Pros

For a school booster club, accurate accounting is crucial but so is ease of use and in handing the program down to a new treasurer every year. MoneyMinder makes all of that simple! When I took over the role last fall, it was a breeze to jump in and figure it out. It made, and continues to make, my volunteer role much easier. Also, the ability to look back and compare the same events in previous years is great!

Cons

My only complaint is the added cost of integrating bank statement downloads. For a small club, we're already spending a lot for the program and don't want to add more. Just makes my job a little more time consuming to have to enter those entries by hand.

QuickBooks Online and Wave

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Our club had been using MoneyMinder for a number of years so the history was already there. A different product would have had to offer something much more amazing to get me to switch.
Katrina
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

This software filled in a gap from the bookkeeping done by previous treasurer

Every time I have a technical issue or a basic accounting/bookkeeping question, the staff is super fast to respond by chat. I would say they resolve all my questions efficiently and in a manner that feels personal.

Pros

This has a treasurer's report which is very easy for our board to look over that we did not have before. I can answer questions and print trails of how numbers are determined. With our last treasurer, we had to do our own calculations and it wasn't always easy to follow.

Cons

If you aren't great at understanding accounting for "restricted" accounts when the money is really all in the bank account and the restricted accounts are for information only.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder fit the nonprofit and fund accounting easier than Quickbooks.
Julie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

Charity Use

It has been easy to use and input past data so I can view and compare past year budgets and financials.

Pros

The price and options for organizing your financial information was the main draw. I am looking forward to learning how to integrate our membership database into the program. Having an online/web based program will make changes to our board in the future seamless.

Cons

I would like to be able to see a biennial budget option.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Price and potentially being able to use the membership database
Shirley
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Pros

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Cons

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Carol
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 19/2/2022

Customer Service

We needed this to determine whether activities were or were not profitable in fundraising.

Pros

I am very satisfied with the quick response when I have had questions. Within minutes!

Cons

I am new to this position and was confused at first about the software, but as I work with it I have become more comfortable.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

Price, and that it's intended for non-profits specifically
Aimee

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

Excellent product and Excellent Customer Service

The customer service team is PHENOMENAL. Anytime I have a question, they respond very quickly and are super helpful.

Pros

This system is great in that it combine expenses and revenue on the same line item, which is way easy than Quickbooks. Also the ability to download transactions directly from PayPal is life changing for me.

Cons

It can be a little confusing trying to figure out what reports to run.

Francine
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 12/5/2023

First Time User

For a first time user, my experience was great. I can't wait to update my current fiscal year and spread the word to other local booster clubs.

Pros

I liked the fact that the software was user friendly and the videos were helpful and easy to follow. I ran across every kind of error you can make as a rookie and the staff at MoneyMinder were great with helping me correct and identify the missed entries. I think I talked to every agent, lol.

Cons

I haven't found a feature I didn't like yet.

Cheddar Up

Reasons for Choosing MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder was easier to use and greater value for the money.

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

I chose MoneyMinder because it integrates with CheddarUp so I am excited to set our account up.
Calvin
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 6/3/2021

Perfect for all Volunteer non profits

Money minder is a time saver for our non profit. There is no guess work with it's set up and use. The reports available are designed in several ways. It reducing the manual report process by 80%

Pros

The ease of using this software is great for those with or without accounting experience. The initial and on-going customer support is terrific.

Cons

No Cons that I have noted at this time.

QuickBooks Enterprise and Xero

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

I received a recommendation from another nonprofit that I volunteer with. After seeing it's functionality, I knew it was for me.
Roxanna

Reviewed on 8/2/2022

MoneyMinder changed my life as Treasurer

MoneyMinder has made my job as treasurer much easier. Also I am much more confident that records are accurate. I love customer service. Live Chat is extremely useful. Each person that has helped me has been wonderfully kind and knowledgeable.

Pros

MoneyMinder made all the difference for us. We were keeping records in excel and creating statements one by one. We were not using any software to track expenditures. Now I can easily create 250 statements at one time. The treasurer's report is professional and provides information about the budget. We are tracking how much it costs to take care of the pool, etc. This makes it possible to actually budget. Offering electronic payments has been something our members have been asking for and is working well.

Cons

There is nothing to not like about MoneyMinder.

Lori

Reviewed on 2/5/2021

Love this Company... Love the Staff!

First, bookkeeping is so not my thing; but I took over from a previous Treasurer who had been doing the 'job' for many, many years... no records to speak of about anything.
Just a nightmare.

The folks at MoneyMinder helped me figure out what information to capture; build a spreadsheet with contact info, etc. and got us on track going forward.

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help. Was able to address my Board and my Community with truly accurate information in very short order. Not only made me look good, but more than competent.

Pros

It is tailored to an HOA or POA like ours without a great upfront investment.

Able to easily enter and extract information from the system.

Had TOTAL support in setting up the system from a spreadsheet I provided, plus some limited customization.

Cons

For the price, it is the best.
With our budget, this is the best of the best.

More importantly, the customer service is phenomenal.
These folks are available pretty much all the time, and immediately get back to me.
I know them, and they know me.
Love everyone of them!

Jan

Reviewed on 11/5/2023

Jan

I love it!

Pros

Ease of use, price, reconciling and reporting

Cons

Accounts payable accounting. I may not know how to use it though.

Cherie

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

Before, we were simply using a spreadsheet to track our budget and expenses. One wrong formula, and OOPS!!

MoneyMinder makes it all easy, intuitive, and versatile. DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Pros

Extremely helpful and personal customer service. It is always frightening starting out with new software. "Looks great, until you buy it. Then you are doomed to figure it all out on your own." NOT SO WITH MONEYMINDER!! Have a question? CALL THEM! They reply, walk you through, and make sure you understand. They will even work through errors caused by YOUR OWN MISTAKES!

EASY TO USE, too!!

Cons

The ONLY feature I don't like is the graphic interface of the budget tool. I find the way the indentations of categories, subcategories, etc. to be really hard to read. I keep going back to try to figure out the hierarchy of the accounts.

Steven

Reviewed on 21/3/2018

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Cons

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

Great solution for Lions clubs, in particular, and probably for many non-profits

****** out of a possible ***** rating!

Pros

Once I got the hang of its features and with a lot of excellent help from customer support, it is easy to manage and modify most mistakes.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to generate a budget and treasurer's report in spreadsheet form by month and with beginning and ending bank balances

Leslie
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Outstanding Program for PTAs

Pros

This program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.

Cons

So far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

I Love Money Minder

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Madeleine
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

I had an awesome experience.

Learned some great new tools

Pros

I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.

Alyona

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

School PTO

Mostly budgeting and bank reconciliation is our main functions, plus some reporting

Pros

Love the reports - easy to modify, to access and to share. This year we have discovered Cheddar Up and enjoyed it as well!

Cons

Might not be a huge name recognition yet.

Emily

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Worth its weight in gold

I have only been working with this program for a few months, but I have had a phenomenal experience. They are so helpful and easy to work with. Any time I have a question, they are ready to help. They make it easy for me to understand the answers to my questions and they make sure my problem is resolved every time. Amazing product, especially for small organizations like ours that are volunteer-based.

Pros

The customer service! MoneyMinder's representative are kind, responsive, and go above and beyond every time.

Cons

There are a few minor things that I would change, most of which are personal preference issues.

Sabrina
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/11/2023

PTA

We have integrated both Square payments and our monthly Bank statements making managing the accounting for our PTA nonprofit easy.

Pros

When the PTA asked me to audit their books I have to say I was nervous but, after calling customer service at MondayMinder I was happy to help.

Cons

Taking over with only one log-in is difficult for a nonprofit. They should really offer additional users at no additional cost since they cater to nonprofits.

Response from NonProfitCentral

We're so glad that MoneyMinder helped make auditing your PTA's books easy.

And we're happy to let you know that MoneyMinder does allow for multiple users at no additional cost. Perhaps the Treasurer for your PTA did not know that.

Replied 17/11/2023
Mike

Reviewed on 26/6/2020

MoneyMinder - A Treasurer's Best Friend

MoneyMinder customer service is so friendly, knowledgeable and caring that you almost wish for a glitch to provide a reason to call. But glitches rarely happen because the software is well-designed and easy-to-use.

Pros

Easy to edit entries in check register.

Cons

Interface with Firefox not always good. Certainly the problem is with Firefox.

Natalie
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

MoneyMinder is an awesome non-profit software!

Pros

It is easy to use, is very intuitive, and the customer service is amazing! I have used MoneyMinder for over 12 + years and it has been a great experience. The software keeps improving, the platform is always reliable, and I have never had a glitch. It's really worth the money and the reports and organization of the software is so helpful.

Cons

I have no cons at all about this software or my experience.