Google Drive Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Google Drive

Google Drive helps users store company data in one place. Users can access files from desktop and mobile devices and control how team members share these files. The platform provides a central admin panel, data-loss prevention...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Drive Reviews

27,429 of 27,429 reviews
Jonathan
Jonathan

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

Pros

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

Cons

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Dropbox Business, IDrive and iCloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.
Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Google Drive is (almost) the backend of my business

Overall Google Drive has been wonderful to use. Earlier this year I tried to switch over to Dropbox (I store my clients’ final videos there because it works better for large files) but there was too much of Drive that I missed.

Pros

As a user of Gmail, Google Drive is the hub for all of my documents and assets. It’s super easy to add assets to a folder straight from Gmail, and the organization and ease of use just works. I’m so used to Google Sheets that anything else feels clunky, and thanks to Google Docs I haven’t had to touch MS Word in decades. All of that lives in Google Drive and makes managing my projects a simple task.

Cons

I’m a video editor, and downloading large video files for Drive is a pain in the butt. It collects them all in several zip files and makes managing or naming them very hard. I also never use the Mac app sync option, because I don’t the same confidence in it the way I would Dropbox. Also, it’s a small thing but the new Move/Organize right-click menu buried my most used options. When you click something multiple times a day, having to go through multiple sub-menus adds up.

Meg
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Drive is ok

Pros

It's ok... Not a lot of pros though, sorry.

Cons

Slow, glitchy, emptying the bin is almost impossible. Expensive.

Top Google Drive Alternatives

Alan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 1/3/2024

Reliability versatility and cost all worth one

I can't complain. It's very versatile, easy and everyone knows it how to use it. That being said, because I maximize that two terabytes for the cloud per year about $500 to 1,000 annually. You do get perks such as exclusive software, VPN by Google. You get free web dark scans to make sure your not vulnerable on the dark web etc

Pros

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this but the way it's laid out over the years. Your teaching yourself how to use without even noticing it's very. Subprime

Cons

Would say a long time ago. Couple years it was a little bit laggy but now compared more cloud base storage and cost I cannot complain. There's no recoil at this point

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It would took a more space and it may have more features but it didn't need to be that much extra for what was needed. I would still maybe should have outlook for academical feature

Microsoft Outlook
Nicole
Nicole
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Great tool for every business owner

Pros

Google Drive is super convenient and accessible to everyone. Being able to upload documents to share with my clients, while also providing them with a platform to share documents with me is super convenient

Cons

It would be nice to be able to make notes about certain files without having to create folders. I also don't like that when you share a link to a document/folder with a non-google account, there's often issues accessing it.

ProtonMail
Clarion
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 14/5/2024

Google Drive An Easy To Use Platform

It is an intuitive and simple platform to use.

Pros

Google Drive is intuitive and easy to navigate. Am able to upload, manage, and retrieve documents without extensive training. The system offers robust organization capabilities, allowing me to categorize documents by type, project, or department.

Cons

Google Drive is my one stop shop that has no downsides.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 8/5/2024

Efficient zero-footprint multi-device file storage and sharing

It is a very convenient tool to store and manage files for yourself and others you need to access the files.

Pros

One single cloud-based repository for all files.
Very easy to cover the main 2 use cases: "store files just for me", "store & share with others so they can access/ collaborate".
G-Drive can be seen as the 'single source of storage' regardless of your location or device.

Cons

The native G-Drive search bar does not always bring the results you expect. The recent ones you have been accessing will typically come up/ get suggested very easily by the 'seachg engine'. For the rest (not frequent files) it is usually required to access the 'advanced search' section to find the files you need.

Deyan
Deyan
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 27/3/2024

Decent cloud storage for personal needs or small companies

Pros

I like that it's very easy to use, has a ton of integrations and almost everyone is familiar with it.

Cons

The pricing. There are much cheaper cloud storage providers out there.

Reviewed on 19/4/2024

Google Drive

Pros

It was convenient and easy to use. The integration with other software was flawless.

Cons

I can't think of anything as even the free version was quite adequate.

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

A great tool for backing up and collaberating

Pros

Automatic backup of files.
Live collaberation on document with collegues
Always available files

Cons

There isn't much to dislike. It's a great product

Derek
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

I Use Google Drive for everything

I have videos, wedding and honeymoon photos, resumes, in progress novels and outlines all saved to my personal drives. For business we have a shared drive where everyone can jump into a doc or spreadsheet, edit and comment, and sign off on from different cities, on our phones or laptops. It is a necessity for us and I don't think we could work without it at this point.

Pros

Google Drive is a free service that you can use with any Gmail account. I personally use 3 accounts, 2 personal and 1 business, for almost everything digitally that I do. 15 GB of free storage is more than enough for anyone. Having such a valuable tool available to the public at no cost seems crazy in today's culture but the entire Google suite is open for all.

Cons

My only con at this point is that sometimes a word doc that I need to save will not always transfer or download correctly, but it is easily fixed by converting it to a Google doc or spreadsheet to save and edit. Basically you can save anything to the drive but converting it out of the drive doesn't always work but there are work arounds.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We all already had Google accounts and I have used Drive personally for a long time. Dropbox is also not always reliable.
Eduardo, Jr.
Eduardo, Jr.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Flexible Document Sync storage and Collab tool

We started with the free version bundled with Gmail. We eventually went full G Suite. Drive was a great value solution for us. We use it together with Sheets and Forms. We collaborate in real-time on Docs. It supports everything we need for syncing and saving files. For backups, we do use a different solution. But for syncing files, most of it is on Drive.

Pros

Whether you're a freelancer using the free version or you're a small business subscribing to G Suite, Google Drive is a great flexible tool for syncing files and collaborating. Our primary use for Google Drive is for syncing files between computers. Collaborating with team members is also seamless with Drive's integration with Google Sheets and Docs. Buying into the whole G Suite set of tools makes for incredible value for money. Google Drive is part of the reason G Suite is such a great value for small businesses.

Cons

While a lot of small businesses have adopted the Google ecosystem in their stack, they still have to deal with other companies who may still be using MS Office. Drive does not work as well as we want it to with MS Office documents, especially Excel files with formulas and pivots. If most of your clients are on the Microsoft side of things, you may want to consider Office365.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It integrated well with the rest of the G Suite services.
Zunaid
Zunaid
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 22/3/2020

The best way to share files with no limit!

Highly satisfied. Use it for sharing, approvals and reviews and archiving. Integrates with Gmail for business perfectly and the cost for terabytes of storage in the cloud is reasonable.

Pros

Use it religiously for sending footage and video exports to teams in other parts of South Africa. Allows for fast uploading and downloading and it's saved us time by uploading footage from Johannesburg and downloading in Cape Town instead of couriering it. No limit on upload size which is essential.

Cons

You can't always view within the online application. Requires download if the video codecs aren't supported. That can waste time which is always critical.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive had no upload limit so there was no worry about that ever. Allowed us to share whatever is needed when we needed to.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Mainly because of it's integration with Gmail.
Philip
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Google Drive - Most have

My business has partners in the same industry. When I meet new partners, the best way to hash out details usually changes quickly from email to sheets or docs stored on Google Drive.

I have a sheet that is a living document that either of us in different states can review anywhere at anytime. The convenience has made drop shipping easier.

Permissions allows me to lock down who can access what with a click and an email address populated.

Pros

Collaboration, I can share music files, videos, and complete a spreadsheet that another user in Indiana can then access and add information to.

The free level is big enough for most users

It travels - Phone, to any computer, to a tablet

I believe it has version control as long as the file title remains the same

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative to save. Maybe the privacy policy allows Google some level of access. I haven't read it in a bit.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I've tried Dropbox in the past but had sync issues. I can attest to no sync issues with Drive. Sometimes I'll load recorded audio from a laptop downstairs to access for final editing with on a desktop. Google does this for me easily with a drag and a drop and then a download from the desktop.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 28/2/2021

Secure and Sync All Files in a Single Drive

Google Drive has never failed me and has been saving me every time I need a copy of a certain file. I just have to check it online and the files I'm looking for or the ones lost in my hard memory are available in Drive. Now, I always tend to save separate copies online so I never have to worry. Most importantly, I have the option to share and connect them on my personal platforms.

Pros

Anyone on the internet can secure or save a copy of their own files and sync them in computers or mobiles through Drive. There's a My Drive section containing all the uploaded files of its user and under it is Shared With Me containing all the files shared to the same user. There's a Team Drives section when subscribed to Google Workspace comprising for organized filing of team projects/ works.

Google Drive is the most popular and easy-to-use storage solution— for documents that we need to access anywhere online. Its ever prevailing presence on the internet is strong, in line with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Photos, Calendar, and so on, that many people still prefer this file saving and syncing tool. It's also the most convenient since a lot of people online are signed in to their Google Accounts every day.

I've been essentially using Drive for backup purposes, remote file management, and for the accessible viewing of digital files. I can also collaborate with contacts readily using its in-app or add-on tools, like for grammar edits, tracks, and translations. When clicking a file or folder, details and activity can be seen along with the views, comments, and edits from people I choose to have access to. A file will update automatically when I upload a file with the same name as the original. I can also opt to go back to the file's earlier upload versions. I haven't experienced a data breach thus far, since they always provide security notices.

Cons

The 'Make available offline' option for mobile access of files is very useful when I'm not connected to the internet, but I hope the offline functionality will be made available for PCs too. Unlike OneDrive, Google Drive isn't linked to my personal hard drive or my Windows, perhaps, I must get the desktop app or always stay online.

The control for share and links needs further improvement. The automated sharing link of a file/folder is long and uneditable, only the 'Restricted' and 'Anyone with the link' are the options in the link-sharing and they both require Google Accounts, the deletion and accidental transfer of file is also bound to happen if people who have access are assigned to 'edit' file/folder.

I personally think that the interface is all over the place and is not as compact and elegant as Box App. The Google One plans are also pricey, considering the consistent payment for limited terabytes of file storage. But if safekeeping digital files while online, collaborating with colleagues seamlessly, and querying for professional support is of great importance to you, the upgrade will be worthy.

OneDrive and Box

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It's been used by many of my peers and I've been using it for so long where most of my important files have been stored.
Luccas
Luccas
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

Google Drive is what most people need, and they can benefit from it!

I really love the product. Made my life much easier and less stressful. Back in the day I'd feel anxiety about something happening to the computer I was working on and losing the files and all the work I had put in my company.

Google Drive made it much easier to keep everything safe and specially to share the files with my co workers and friends.

Pros

I really love to use Google Drive. It keeps my files safe, it backups my computer automatically, so I don't have to worry about the files being lost if my computer gets broken or stolen. It made my life much easier to share files with my co-workers and also big files, which were always very hard to share.

It's also very easy to use and the added benefit or having Google Docs is amazing for work.

Cons

I still feel like Clew makes a better job at finding your files through Desktop, which is a software that enables your computer to have a command + space bar feature type, but for Google Drive. Also, I miss being able to connect a hard drive on Google Drive and it automatically and safely backing it up.

Dropbox Business and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because backblaze was much harder to use as a storage system that other people could have access. Also, very hard to re-download heavy files from Brazil.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Because Google is a technology monster, they have great servers, very fast and reliable. I also have been using gmail for a long time and I love the ease of use, so it made much more sense to use it. I just wish it was cheaper or that it had more terabytes available for the same price.
Leane

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Cloud Storage Exchanged?

Overall it's still the best value for money and better than the others.

Pros

Favourite features would probably be that it's easier to use than the other 2 popular offerings out there.

Syncing is very easy on PC and mobile devices.

I personally like the comfortable view setting that is available.

Moving folders on the app is easy enough.

Cons

Well like everything in life something's could be improved apon.

The app could improve on the search function, detection of duplicate files. The filter function needs allot of work oh oh and the search function.

And it would be great if more extensions worked with Google drive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Just annoyed everyone and the company voted to end the pain

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It's just the easiest to use and staff tested it and the fact that sharing folders is easy
Scott
Scott

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Google Drive the ULTIMATE Storage Drive!

I really like the drive. As I said above, I use it for both personal and business reasons, and really like it's ease of use. I trust it for everyday use, and I use it everyday! I have tried drop box, as well as others, and just find Google Drive to be the easiest of them all.

Pros

Google drive is a one stop shop for personal or business use storage of files, photos, and music. I have used Google drive since it's inception, and it's constantly evolving to be the ultimate storage option for me. I have used it for years, and have the free 15GB version, and have not even come close to using all of my storage. I can drag and drop photos, excel files, word doc and it's seam less. I can then open these up in the provided Google app, or download them again to open them locally. If you don't have Office installed on your local computer it's so much easier to select the Google app and open it right up. It's easily organized, and displays the most recent files at the top of the main drive page. I use it for both personal and business purposes, and it's always there. Never do you have to worry about the drive dying on your,and losing your data. Many times my external drives have died, and I lose everything, not with Google drive though, all of my data is always there. You can also buy more drive space if needed.

Cons

The apps or add ins used to open excel or power point files, and be a little dodgy sometimes, and when you drag and drop a file to the drive itself, it will open the file in a pre-view mode that you then, have to right click, and select one of the drive apps to use.

Radoslav
Radoslav
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

Google Drive Review

I am using it a long time for the university, also for work.
My benefit from this app is that I am working on something at home, then upload it on my Drive, and when I go to the university I can easily open my work - I have no need to get my PC with me.
Also I can easily save for example pictures when I am on a trip and run out of memory on my phone. Then just share my files in the Drive and make much more pictures - no adittional SD cards or whatever.
The main advantage is that you can accesss files everywhere anytime you want - from laptop, tablet, PC, telephone - all you want.
It is very easy and useful to use software. I pretty recommend it.

Pros

1. Very pretty desing
2. Everything is intuitive - you can easily find what you want. You do not waste your time in understanding how to work with the application.
3. There is a search engine for the whole application - this helps the user to easily find some files.
4. There is leftside navigation bar which conatins all you want:
4.1. You can easily see all the containers ( folders ) that you created and navigate to them.
4.2. You can easily see everything shared with you - in the section.
4.3. You have your recycle bin - easily see what you have deleted.
4.4. You can see what is the amount of storage that you are currently using - this is helpful in order to let you know how to manage your content - and if you had run out of space, there is a quick link where you can easily expand your cloud storage.
5. There is right navigation panel which easily shows you basic information about currently selected folder or file. There is useful information which sometimes is useful and you can reach it with just one move of your head.
6. There is activity tab which shows you what have you been doing. I find this helpful in order to remember what you have been doing and in order to check if someone has hacked your account and did something you do not want to.
7. There is a virus scanner befofre you download the file.
8. You can easily open your files and even edit them - for example some documents.
9. You can share specific files to specific people.

Cons

1. Maybe it is a good idea to show the content of archive files - in order to know if you really want to download the file.

And till now this is the only thing that for my pyrposes is not practical.

All in all everything esle is very good and useful.

Timothy
Timothy

Reviewed on 1/4/2020

Great Software at a Great Price

Drive lets me and my team easily access files and offers great free storage options.

Pros

I love that Google Drive comes with a huge amount of free included storage compared with the other players. Its easy to administer and I love being able to sync the same files and folders across all devices.

Cons

I don't like that when sending a file in GMAIL through drive that you have to set up permissions and such instead of just being able to physically send them the file. I often times find myself having to download the file to my phone or computer just so I can send it to someone else.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Price, ease, and higher storage

Price and familiarity
Camila
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 16/7/2020

Mainly opening other people's files drives me crazy

I have used it for many years, I have bought 200 GB and am very happy with my action. I think that space online is one of the best things you can buy, because you have your files anywhere you need them, whenever you need them. You also don't have to worry about your computer getting stolen or breaking and losing everything. You can free space from your computer and that way making it work better. But Drive offers you much more than that and I love it and is why I pay for it's service. Of course, it is not perfect and there are always things that can be improved, but right now, I can only think of the detaile I mentioned before.

Pros

I LOVE how it is linked with all the other Google apps. I really like the organization, it is very similar to the computer's organization so it is very easy to understand and to learn to use, mainly for older people that maybe do not handle the Internet very easily. I also like to have my recent files on fast access, very useful. The folder sharing is one of Drive's most important features, and I think it is great, because that way I can share anything with anybody, as long as I share the folder or send them the link. To have many ways to share a file is also really good, you can choose the one that suites you better each time.

Cons

Above I spoke about file sharing, which I think is great but, A LOT of my friends and family have trouble with the authorization, they always complain about sharing something with someone and that someone then having to ask for permission, which they had already given by sending them the email to access the folder or the file. I, after two years of using it constantly, have learned how it works and do not have any issue with that. But it took me some time. Not because it is TOO hard, but because Google's apps (and mainly Drive) are usually very simple, easy to use. So you are not expecting for something to be a little bit more complicated, to have to read the indications. I know there is a message that pops-up when you are going to share something , telling you to change the configuration, but honestly, nobody reads them. People usually are like: but I sent you the link! Why does it ask me for permission? Some of them, tired of receiving many emails about the permission to access de file (like I was), look for the reason of this and read the indications, but most people don't do. So, what I suggest, is for it to not have a "default" option that sets in on "restringed", I would just leave it in blank and force the person to read that, it is not that hard, it will take just a second and will save them from complaining later without them knowing. Many of my friends prefer to just give me a pendrive with the file other than sending it by Drive.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Google Drive is a robust cloud-storage solution with many features, but a few glaring issues

Overall, I've found Google Drive to be a very simple and useful product that helps my organization stay organized and our files accessible via cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive offers a simple yet powerful suite of features for managing your online cloud storage needs. Paired with paid tools like Google Workspace (giving access to things such as Shared Drives, unlimited storage, etc), and free tools like Google Docs & Sheets, it is a very useful tool that facilitates my companies storage needs, while also giving powerful admin tools (via Google Workspaces).

However, if you take the Google Workspace tools and other Google software out of the equation, it becomes a simple online storage solution; offering simple ways to organize files into folders that can then be shared with collaborators as needed. But paired with Google's suite of tools, it becomes a powerful tool for any business with collaborative & cloud storage needs.

As the admin of this software at my organization however, I am extremely impressed with it's overall simplicity - to the point that almost anyone can figure out & understand how it works, with little to no tech support. That paired with the security tools offered by Google Workspaces, and Google Drive becomes an easy-to-use, secure method of handling a companies files.

Cons

Google Drive, while simple to use, lacks some of the simplicity you can find in the file managers of platforms such as Windows or Mac OS, namely in making it overly difficult to move files. Whereas in Mac, you can drag a file over a folder and then have the folder open (so it's easy to place a file in a subfolder or find the right place to put it) and in Windows, you can just open a second window with the new folder and click and drag; Google Drive does not offer these features at all - instead forcing you to either find the folder on the sidebar (annoying if it's many folders down) or use their "Move To" tool - which works, but is not convenient. Simply opening two Google Drive windows and clicking and dragging won't work.

On top of that, Google Drive offers little to nothing in the way of analytics on shared files; so if you share a link to a file or folder, or make it publicly accessible, there is no way to know how many people have actually accessed the file. While this can be navigated using a website or a URL redirect, it still is a simple feature I wish would be implemented into Drive.

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Google Drive | It's for You

Google Drive is a wonderful creation which is vital to personal life and some business operations. It allows students to collaborate on Google's version of Powerpoint together, it allows authors to write stories and share them with their editor for comments and feedback, and it provides a neat, pretty safe place to store important images, files, documents, projects, videos, audio - you name it! I highly recommend this product to people who are on a budget, don't like One Drive, or already have a Google Account (15GB of storage, free as long as you have an account). I've been using Drive since I was a teen, and I'm only 6.4 GB of my 15 GB limit.

Pros

Google Drive is an easy to use application which provides a ridiculous amount of space for free. I've been using it for nearly 8 years, and I've yet to be disappointed. I've written hundreds of documents, shared projects with people, and uploaded video or audio for sharing. I've used it as my primary storage for a long time, and I've elected to use it instead of One Drive (Microsoft) due to Google Drive's viability. I have memories in my Google Drive going back to when I was a teenager, and I've got work projects from two days ago. I'm able to set up folders for easy access between personal, business, and creative works. I can navigate to these places easily, and because of the "recent documents" section, I can navigate to something I was working on in a matter of seconds. If I want to go to that folder, but it's buried deep in other folders, then I can right click on that document and go to the folder. The navigation, project management, and products attached to Drive make it an excellent choice for people on a budget or who want easy access to their projects.

Cons

I've experienced a few security issues with Drive. The most noticeable of which was when someone shared their link to a group of people and the folder was violated by unwanted eyes. I was able to remove the link and access, but the privacy was gone by that point. Occasionally I have trouble searching through Drive to find the file I'm looking for, especially if I can't remember the name of the file for the search function. These are minor issues that hardly impact my decision of using the software, however.

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Google drive is an indispensable part of my personal and professional everyday life.

Pros

It's absolutely perfect. I use it everyday be it the drive itself or gmail. My whole work pieces and personal files are on it as it allows me to access them everywhere and anytime. It gives you a full 15 GB free storage. It's very very easy to use with very simple and practical design; not too much complexes or colors. It identifies the uploaded files types and allows you to preview them online if you don't plan to download them. It has multiple options for sharing and privacy.
And gmail doesn't just let you send and recieve mails, it's build to make your life easier; it notifies you if you write in the mail body for example "find attached" and you forgot to attach a file which saved me countless times before sending an empty mail.
It's very well integrated with almost all online platforms and websites that you can always just sign up with your gmail account anywhere and lets you upload files from your drive to any online platform.

The drive lets you upload any type of files you want even if it's not recognized by it or upload whole folders, it also has the availability to create folders to better organize your uploaded files.
It's quite fast either to upload files to it or download from it and preserves the files quality and size.

Cons

Because it has many options and features, like privacy and sharing options, i just get confused and forget where i can find each option as well as where the file properties are but with time you get used to it and you remember where to find each.

After you finish storing files in your 15 GB space you'll be required to pay to use more storage space, it's fair enough though in my opinion.

Some known file extensions are not recognized by it therefore it doesn't create a preview for these files and asks you to download them instead if you want to view them.

Ochirukh

Reviewed on 16/4/2023

My review of using google drive

One of the things that I like most about Google Drive is the ease of use and accessibility. It is straightforward to navigate, and the integration with other Google services, such as Docs and Sheets, makes it seamless to work on collaborative documents with others. The real-time editing and commenting features have been particularly helpful for me when working on group projects or sharing feedback on a document.Another benefit of using Google Drive is that it offers a generous amount of free storage space, which has been helpful for me to keep my files organized and accessible from anywhere. Additionally, the ability to access my files from any device with an internet connection has been a game-changer for me, as it allows me to work remotely and stay productive on the go.However, there have been some limitations and potential downsides to using Google Drive. For instance, I have found that the offline access can be somewhat limited and unreliable, which can be frustrating when I need to access a file quickly. Additionally, there have been some privacy concerns surrounding the platform, which has made me cautious about storing sensitive or confidential information on the platform.Overall, despite some limitations, I would recommend Google Drive to anyone looking for a reliable and convenient cloud-based storage and collaboration platform. It has been a valuable tool for me to stay organized, collaborate with others, and access my files from anywhere.

Pros

Accessibility: I really appreciate that I can access my files and documents from anywhere with an internet connection. This means that I can work on my projects and access my files from my laptop, tablet, or smartphone, no matter where I am.Collaboration: I love that I can easily collaborate on documents and projects with others in real-time. This feature is particularly useful when working on group projects or when I need to get feedback from my colleagues or clients.Integration: It's great that Google Drive integrates seamlessly with other Google products, like Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides. This makes it easy to share files and collaborate on documents, even if I'm not physically in the same location as my collaborators.Customization: I really appreciate that I can organize my files and folders in a way that works best for me. I can create folders and subfolders, rename files, and even color-code my folders to help me stay organized and find my files more quickly.Security: I feel confident that my files and data are safe and secure on Google Drive. The platform uses industry-standard encryption and security protocols to protect my information from unauthorized access or theft.Free storage: Finally, I really like that Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage for every user. This is a generous amount of storage and allows me to store and access all of my important files and documents without having to worry about running out of space. If I ever need more storage

Cons

Limited offline access: While I appreciate the convenience of having my files stored in the cloud, I sometimes find it frustrating that I need an internet connection to access them. Although Google Drive does offer some offline access, it can be limited and doesn't always work smoothly.Privacy concerns: While I trust that Google takes the security of my data seriously, I am sometimes worried about the privacy of my files, especially if they contain sensitive or confidential information. It would be helpful if Google could provide more detailed information about how they secure user data.Learning curve: While I have been using Google Drive for some time, I still find it to be a complex platform with many features that I haven't fully explored. I think that it could be made more user-friendly and intuitive for new users.File format compatibility: Although Google Drive supports a wide range of file formats, I have sometimes run into compatibility issues when trying to work with certain types of files. It can be frustrating when I have to convert files or use other software applications to work with them.Limited customer support: While I haven't had any major issues with Google Drive, I do think that their customer support options could be improved. It can be difficult to find answers to specific questions or to get help when something goes wrong.