About monday.com

monday.com is an award-winning work and project management platform that helps teams of all sizes plan, prioritize, manage, and execute their work more effectively. The platform offers solutions for a wide range of use-cases...

Browse monday.com Reviews

3,458 of 3,457 reviews
Nadeem
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Is Monday.com the Perfect Solution for Collaboration and Productivity?

Monday.com is a powerful and user-friendly project management & collaboration platform that offers a wide range of features and capabilities. Some of the features that I have used so far have had a very positive impact on increasing the efficiency of managing small-mid size projects.One of the best options that I use extensively is to create custom dashboards with a variety of widgets, such as charts and maps, and to track the progress and analyze data in real-time.Internal communication within teams is another feature that can help large teams spend less time using other modes of communication. Integration with other tools is a feature which I did not yet utilize, but it has a large library of data connectors that allow users to integrate the platform with other tools. Another fantastic option available is to use the mobile app that allows users to access the platform and collaborate with their team on the go.Overall, Monday.com is a comprehensive and user-friendly platform that can greatly improve the efficiency and productivity of teams and organizations.

Pros

One of the stand-out features of Monday.com is the customization options that it allows its users. There are a variety of customization options, including the ability to create custom fields and tags, to tailor the platform to the specific needs of the user.

Cons

Although Monday.com is one of the best tools in its category, the two drawbacks that I consider are that it may have a steep learning curve for some users, particularly for those who are new to project management or collaboration platforms. The second cause of concern about it is that it may not be the most cost-effective option for all users, particularly for those on a tight budget. While Monday.com offers a free version of its platform, the paid plans can be expensive, especially for larger teams.

Amit

Reviewed on 3/12/2022

Best tool for project management needs

It is easy to navigate, and the interface is straightforward and visually appealing. I have never experienced any issues with the platform, and customer service has always been responsive and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with monday.com and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I use Monday.com for the last two years and it has been a valuable piece of my Project management and Operations processes. I have used many online tools over the years, but none of them compare to the productivity and efficiency of Monday.com. It is easy to use and it keeps me organized. It really helps me manage my projects and tasks. I also like the reporting feature because it helps me determine which projects I'm working on are the most profitable and which ones I should prioritize over the others. This tool is great for small businesses and enterprises alike.

Cons

One potential difficulty with Monday.com is the initial setup of your boards and automation. If you are not familiar with the tool.

Teamwork, BasicOps, ClickUp and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose monday.com over the alternatives.First, monday.com is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.Second, monday.com offers a lot of features and customization options. And third, monday.com has great customer support.Overall, I think monday.com is the best option for project management.
Jeremy

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

It's Just Okay

Pros

The system does help you organize projects and tasks. I loved all the integration options.

Cons

My biggest complaint has been downtime. It seems like the system goes down often. I have numerous complaints from the field regarding uptime or integrations/automations just not working.

Top monday.com Alternatives

Lauren
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Good Tracking System

At first it was a great tool to play around with to figure out the best way to track our event and who was working on what portion. The quick look at the colors to see the progress was great. There was a place to put notes and mention people in posts to let them know there are tasks waiting for them. However, the customization was not the best. If you added one column to a section, it added it in for all sections. I did not have the time to take a deep dive but maybe if we got a higher package we would have more functions to organize. It was encouraging/discouraging to see the progress of the event and held people to be accountable for their portion. However, having to update this daily as we got closer to our event got too laborious to do. In concept, it's a good tool, but was not the right fit for my company and I.

Pros

That I was able to see what my co-workers were working on and their progress with the task. They used easy-to-view color-coded options.

Cons

You are able to clearly see the progress of your co-workers, however, it is hard to make updates or edits to the task. There is an area to make notes, however, it is not in the front for people to see right away. You need to click in to the whole task. Also, when you make a column for one section it creates it for all. Some columns are not necessary for each section and can be confusing when updating.

Reviewed on 25/12/2022

Monday.Com for advice tasks

Very positive experience and we have deployed it throughout our Organisation

Pros

Simple to set up and import existing lists. Easy to set up automated tasks and reminders

Cons

Slightly costly as it works on a per user basis to get the most out of the software. Would be useful to be able to have a master database to read data into - so various lists can be linked

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The Excel sheet was dead in the sense that it was not actively reminding staff of deadlines and it does not allow multi user collaboration

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Whilst a lot of products provide task management, Monday.Com was the closest to Excel with added benefits
Guy

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

I highly recommend Monday.com for result driven projects.

Overall Monday.Com is a good performance tool that help you getting structured to work on result driven projects.

Pros

Monday.com is a complete and easy to use program that helps to work result driven on projects with mid to large scaled teams. It has many easy to use features to work structured.

Cons

For some Social Media related tasks other tools are better. This for instance to plan out some posts on different social platforms.

• Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

The monday.com system that facilitates the follow-up of processes between teams.

Task and appointment scheduling;Development and execution of projects.Its mobile version is its differential, besides presenting a quick synchronization.

Pros

Very accessible system, with easy-to-view layouts, self-explanatory commands, and practicality for developing and monitoring tasks between groups.

Cons

You could have more opportunity for customization of tasks/projects in more affordable plans, not just the more expensive ones, which makes implementation unfeasible.

Zakariya

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

How a Software Team Lead finds Monday

Monday software has helped a lot in managing different software development project in a professional matter. It brought me back the feeling of being in control of every aspect going around me as a Software Team Lead.

Pros

The simplicity, efficiency, and the gorgeous UI/UX features are the ones I love the most about monday.

Cons

An integrated chat for broadcasting messages to all projects team members.

Jira, Zoho Projects and GitScrum

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The terrible UI/UX experience as well as the difficulty of use.

GitScrum

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

For the simplicity, efficiency, and the gorgeous UI/UX features it provides.
William

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Monday.com is a Solid Project Management solution

It is a delight and a clear winner for what I am looking for. Unfortunately, it costs too much for the cheapest plan.

Pros

It is feature-rich and much easier to learn and use than Jira Cloud.

Cons

The least appealing aspect is the Pricing. Other than the Trial Period, it is too costly for 1-2 users.

Daegil
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Good program, but not essential

Pros

It is good program to use kinds of task management. Our team are using this and it is good to arrange work-to-do list and assign some task

Cons

For me, it is a bit hard to recognize in a minute. It will be great if Monday can improve the logic visual-wise

Reviewed on 8/4/2020

Can't Live Without It

Awesome! Just overall awesome.

Pros

I honestly couldn't run my business without this at this point. Monday.com has become a vital piece of software for my business and managing my team. I work with a LOT of contractors and clients and I can base everything in Monday.com. I also love how I can customize it to fit whatever project I am working on in a great way.

Cons

1. The mobile app is hard to use in my opinion and takes a little while to navigate.
2. I do find some things I want to customize and do I can't because its not a feature offered by monday.com. Mainly to do with formulas or something like that. The formula options are pretty limiting but thats not a big deal to me.

Trello, Microsoft To Do and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I tried just about every project management software out there...I really did. Like 50 of them. And I just kept coming back to monday.com for the features, ease of use, and overall look and functionality.
Ben

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Never miss a beat!

Monday has helped us to lessen missed tasks and deadlines for projects overall. Communication amongst teams has never been easier!

Pros

The design. Monday makes assigning tasks for projects simple. The way the platform is setup is great, modern and easy to navigate for all.

Cons

The integration with Hubspot (the crm we use) could be more streamlined but overall it still accomplishes our main wants and needs

Jira, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We were using Hubspot, Slack and Trello as a combo to organize our tasks as well as simply google calendar. Tasks were being drops, some weren't even being assigned correctly with how fast pace our company is.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Easy of use as well as overall advanced functionality compared to the others.

Response from monday

Hey Ben! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We're happy to hear that the platform has been helpful in managing your team's projects. Thank you for sharing that feedback regarding our Hubspot integration -- I'll pass it along to our product team!

Replied 12/5/2020
Jake
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/3/2020

Easy and addicting!

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations
- The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit.
- The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles.
- The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Basecamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Better integrations, easier to use, more flexibility

Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Basecamp doesn't have things like gantt/timelines built in and, though it's super nice and easy to use esp with clients, it's a bit expensive for a small team and way less flexible than Monday. Write is just way overpriced and has add-on charges for every little feature. We like that Monday.com doesn't charge extra for each individual feature like Wrike does.
Melanie

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.
Sheila
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Almost perfect!

I loved using Monday.com with my own project management and when I was working on other teams. I can say it is just about perfect for larger teams and large projects. If I was to build a project management system it would be very similar to Monday. Can get over complicated as it gets deeper and deeper. Sometimes things got lost because they were so deep in the project. Having subtasks is important but they need to be managed well or they get lost.

ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday was more complicated to use and harder for new team members to get used to. ClickUp was more simple and easier to manage for larger projects.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I had already been using it with another team that I worked for. I liked how they used it, but felt lost a lot but thought I'd give it a try so I didn't have to learn a new system.
Melissa

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

Pros

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

Cons

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Kim
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I love Monday.com!

Where do I start? This software is very affordable, and really helps with small business management. I work in transportation and customs brokerage, and since we implemented Monday.com as our customer facing communication device, we have seen a huge reduction in confusion, less emails being lost, and more customer satisfaction.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage, easy to implement. Monday.com portal software has improved our communications with our customers, and is extremely intuitive. Support is there if you need it, and they are consistently improving the features. I highly recommend!

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that each time a member is mentioned, the task goes back to the inbox for review. For example, I use the inbox as a to-do list, but what I think is done may have more requirements. It would be nice if the follow ups showed back up on my inbox. It would also be nice to have a payment feature, but I think that may be a third party app we can include. I need to look into it.

Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

Monday.com - Great for 2 -3 People, Expensive for Anything Larger

Overall, If I really understood the costs upfront, I would have been more hesitant to transfer literally everything to Monday.com. I felt that it was kind of a hidden surprise and not in a good way. However, the project management for 2-3 people was incredible. I was moving at light speed, so much so that I needed to expand to more users. However, money doesn't grow on trees and I was ultimately stifled by the growing cost of each additional user. It definitely helped me organize all of my ideas into neat little boxes that could be expanded and tracked, which really gave me a birds eye view of my business.

Pros

At first, I loved Monday.com. The ease of use. The beautiful and simple design. I was enamored by every feature of this tool. Previously, I had notes jumbled on papers, in Apple Notes, and in Microsoft Excel. This was my solution to everything. I was able to transition all of my projects into one, sleek looking interface that inspired me to delve deeper into what was working about my company.

Cons

After the trial period ended, I realized the prices skyrocketed for adding multiple users. That totally sucked because I already transferred my entire digital life to Monday.com. 1 to 3 people was a do-able price for my small business. However, when I wanted to include 7 or 8 people, it was too cost prohibitive for the income that we were generating. Every penny matters when managing a business and this was the straw that broke the camels back for my utilization of Monday.com

Wix, iCloud, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The ease of use and absolutely gorgeous design. And how it perfectly mimicked the desktop version on my phone. I was blown away. None of the other tools were able to come even close to the integration that I was able to achieve on Monday.com

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com was by far the most advanced tool and gave me all the features I was looking for in one easy to use interface. I was absolutely sold on it as soon as I really delved deeper into it. I found that I was able to run my business more effectively and initially had huge success implementing it.
Jeff

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com is much more intuitive, much more visual, flexible, and has a far deeper feature set and better overall integration options.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is simply more visual in the way it manages projects, more flexible in it's setup, and has far more features that the competing products.
Dora

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Easy Project Management

Monday.com keeps my team organized. It took minimal time to set up and keeps us on track. Two thumbs up!

Pros

My team loves Monday.com as it keeps us on the same page with projects and tasks, and helps us present our overall marketing calendar. We use it on a daily basis and it helps me keep my team of 8 organized and efficient.

Cons

I wish the different boards were integrated a little easier so I could have one board for sales, one for marketing, and then one for my overall calendar I could share with my management team. I'd like to be able to see things from a high level and then be able to drill down but unfortunately, that is not offered.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Jira is more of a technical project management tool. I needed something that my creators could use with ease.

Jira

Ease of use and price.

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Simple and Easy to Set-Up and Use

Great... we needed something very simple that any staff could use, however junior. Our staff are all around the world and English is not their main language. So Monday is perfect for us.

Pros

It's just totally simple to set-up and onbaord/remove staff. The screens are super easy to review. I never have any questions from my team about how to use this platform.

Cons

Monday is just a project management tool. But doesn't have any chat or video tools inside it. Meaning that all collaboration has to be built around a specific project and users post comments on the project. There is no IM chat functionality whether around the project or in general. Meaning that we have to also rely on other tools, just as Skype which have chat and video features. It would be useful if chat and video were integrated into Monday.

Trello, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Trello, Slack and Teams have more features. But are significantly more complex to set-up and use than Monday. Asana was a close second to Monday. But overall Monday has the best UI for project management.

Response from monday

Hey Michael! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that you had an easy time onboarding. As for your feedback regarding additional functionality, specifically chat and video, we hear you and are currently exploring these ideas. By chance, have you played with our new Zoom integration? That allows for a more integrated experience between monday.com and zoom for video calls!

Replied 26/5/2020

Reviewed on 30/5/2022

Monday is flexible and great for project tracking

Our organization recently converted to monday.com, and its use has been straightforward. My favorite feature of the app is the ability to track and automate the status of tasks. Task features like due dates and priority levels assist our team remain on top of future work that must be performed each week.

Pros

When entering a task and its associated information, I like how simple it is. It's easy to keep your coworkers on track and make sure they're meeting their deadlines. Tracking is a breeze. In the absence of a specialized project manager, most individuals will just ask you for the information that they need.

Cons

Navigating between multiple boards might be a challenge. It's easy for the system to become crowded if no one updates their tasks. Forget about just receiving notifications for changes that are relevant to you.

Vance

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

One of the most robust project management platforms out there

Project management is so much better with Monday.com after we moved away from spreadsheets and emails in general. Everyone is kept up to date with the latest updates on tasks and projects, and there's a activity log, which makes it easy for everyone to know who made what changes, so there are no disputes.

Pros

Robustness of the platform in terms of project management. Our team also likes the pretty confetti animations whenever we mark a task as done. The latest Christmas-themed confetti was a very nice touch and we had a lot of fun updating Monday.com, which is the whole point of project management - keeping the team up to date with the status of tasks and projects.

Cons

There is not "mark all as read" in the notifications and inbox area, which can be annoying at times when you're back from long leave. Having that feature will significantly improve the UX and notification hygiene practices.

Trello, Basecamp and Asana
Kiara

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Monday.com Is Like Having A Personal Assistant That Remembers Everything

At Modernized Mobile (MoMo), we rely on Monday.com to keep everything organized and on track. Each morning, our team checks the Monday dashboard to see which tasks need to be completed for clients such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Monday allows us to easily delegate tasks and monitor progress, ensuring that projects are completed efficiently and accurately. Monday also helps us communicate with clients seamlessly, allowing us to provide updates and gather feedback in real time. Overall, Monday is a crucial component of MoMo's daily operations and project management process. It allows us to consistently deliver exceptional results for our clients. Thank you Monday for helping us stay on top of it all!

Pros

One of Monday.com's top features are its customizable workflows, which allow users to tailor their boards according to their specific needs and tasks. Another standout feature is its time tracking system, allowing team members to track the time they spend on each task and project. Monday.com also offers integration options with different programs such as Google Drive and Slack, making it easy for users to share and access important files and information. And last but not least, Monday.com offers mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices, so users can stay productive even when they're on the go. These top features make Monday.com a go-to tool for teams looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Monday.com is a popular project management tool that allows you to track tasks and team members' progress. While it offers a user-friendly interface and helpful features like calendar integration, there are a few drawbacks to consider before committing to Monday.com. First, the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams. Furthermore, Monday.com lacks robust support for file storage and version control, meaning that important documents may become scattered and outdated as your team continues to add new updates. Additionally, the mobile app can be glitchy and lacks some important desktop features, making it difficult for remote team members to stay on top of their tasks. Overall, Monday.com can definitely streamline your project management process, but it's worth weighing the cons before taking the plunge.

Cole
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 4/4/2020

An Interesting Web-Based Project Management Tool

Monday.com is a terrific cloud/internet based project management software that keeps our projects moving towards our deadlines. While the user interface is not very intuitive, once you take the time to learn its features and functions, you can truly build management boards that keep your tasks and projects well on track for any deadlines. The software has a treasure chest of functions and features that once learned and understood make Monday.com a novel tool.

Pros

In an entire company, Monday.com is wonderful because it truly allows each team and department to build entire boards to manage projects, deadlines, and people specific to their team. These boards can remain visible or private to the remainder of the company; controlling which information is shared and when. Additionally, the seemingly endless amount of editable features on a board allow you to make a board that is very custom and specific to you and you teams needs. For example, you are able to track progress, set deadlines, assign projects, add tags, link to other boards, and upload/link to files. Monday.com can also integrate to your email to send you notifications daily or upon being mentioned.

Cons

Unfortunately, Monday.com's greatest con is that it is not user-friendly, intuitive, or straight-forward to learn. Amongst our organization, I have taken the time to learn the software in greater depth than most and I regularly find myself having to assist and educate my colleagues on how to do what they are trying to accomplish. It does not make for a satisfy initial experience and can often discourage first time users. Similarly, when a user does come across an issue or something that they are unable to complete, their customer service and online forum is not very helpful either.