Freshdesk Reviews

Visit Website

About Freshdesk

Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer service software that helps businesses provide effortless service across every customer touchpoint. Freshdesk empowers businesses to monitor customer conversations across email, phone, chat,...

Browse Freshdesk Reviews

3,290 of 3,290 reviews
Juan Pablo
Juan Pablo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Great ticket management software

I would gladly recommend FreshDesk as a very competitive option if you are evaluating ticket management software. The whole implementation could be done by us in a manner of hours and they have an academy where you can get a certification and learn how to deploy it.

Pros

FreshDesk is one of the greatest ticket management software. It has a marketplace with addins that can expand it's features and possibilities and is easy to use. We deployed FreshDesk looking to upgrade how we managed out customers.They are now impproving with AI features.

Cons

The customer portal is a little bit dissapointing and can't be customized for every client. The contact management and arcade (gamification) features could be better, although they work.

Jira , Zoho Desk and Help Sumo

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We needed a better way to support our clients and SLAs and time tracking where urgent.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Cost +features and it should cover the most important requirements we had at the time.
Kendall
Kendall
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 18/6/2023

Improve Your Customer Service Using Freshdesk

One of my favorite features of Freshdesk is the wide variety of tools available for providing excellent customer service. The ticketing system is one of many notable features since it efficiently organizes consumer inquiries and guarantees that none are overlooked.

Pros

Our support staff can now respond to client questions quickly and effectively. The user-friendliness of the interface facilitates quick responses from agents to consumers. Our customer service processes are now more streamlined, our response times are faster, and our customers are happier as a result.

Cons

Freshdesk has many features, however it might be better in a few key areas. The intricate nature of pricing structures is one such factor. Freshdesk's price structure can be confusing, especially for new enterprises with limited resources.

Jeff
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Lacking rudimentary filter/show by date range feature, terrible for recordkeeping

Mediocre at best - it does what every other support desk system does - assign & distribute tickets, some automation etc. etc. I've submitted the above feature request for very basic date based filter & displays that any email system should have and what is supposed to be an advanced business management tool completely lacks this.

Pros

For years I've been asking for date filters - something as simple as "see all emails sent by this client between 2020-04-10 to 2020-04-15" - NOTHING.

To make matters worse, when looking at older emails in a list, it doesn't even show the date - it will show some ambiguous phrase like "About a year ago" which lumps in a 6 month period.

If you want accurate tracking of communication, forget it. If you have one off emails that you'll never need to see again once resolved, maybe.

If it weren't for the fact we have so many existing records with this company we'd switch but we are stuck, and years of asking them for a simple feature to either allow date based searches OR at least display actual date of email, has been futile. Regret having chose this as our support desk provider for our team of 8!

Cons

The lack of basic and very simple features such as filtering emails/communication by date, or even displaying an accurate date. What business runs on emails that show the date on a list as "About A Year Ago"?

Absolutely horrible for business management or record keeping. If you want to manage long term relationship with clients and be able to look up conversations quickly, DO NOT USE FRESHBOOKS.

Top Freshdesk Alternatives

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

HappyFox Help Desk

Allan

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Great entry level ticketing system

It was pretty good, we did move to a tool integrated to our PSA

Pros

It was relatively simple out of the box and required little consulting time

Cons

It doesn't have as many out of the box features as some mature systems

Sofiya
Sofiya

Reviewed on 25/9/2023

HelpDesk Support Specialist

Overall, I am quite happy as a user when it comes to Freshdesk. It is easy to grasp, and it notifies you promptly when new tasks are popping up. The Call Centre function is very reliable and easy to use, especially since the phone app is well maintained, meaning no calls are missed. It is very easy to log cases and to also search for said cases.

Pros

Fresh Desk is very easy to use and to understand basically from day one. I also like the fact that it is very light which makes it run very fast, making our work very quick and reliable. Once you get the hang of it, you can practically solve all cases using just a few buttons on the keyboard.

Cons

When there is a maintenance issue, causing Freshdesk to crash, there is no notification as to why this is happening and how long it will be down for. The Fresh Chat mobile app keeps crashing without any reason, and it does not provide an error code, making it difficult to figure out how to fix the problem. The tech support for the app is also abysmal - they are extremely slow to respond or they just don't respond; when they do respond - they reply back with bot-generated problem "solutions" that basically end with "please contact support".

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 2/5/2024

Build trust with Freshdesk: Improve customer service by email and phone

Pros

Fresdesck is a reference platform that has enabled us to provide our customer service by email and by call. With the freesdeck call system in particular, we have built up a great deal of trust between our company and our customers

Cons

The only thing you can criticise them for is their customer service, which needs improving.

Reviewed on 3/5/2024

A complete repository for all knowledge base

Pros

1. Excellent interface which works along with your daily tool
2. Can be used widely beyond geo boundaries

Cons

1. API integration is a bit problematic work

Alvaro
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/4/2024

Good platform for customer management

Pros

Easy use for both the operator and the user. High security and availability. its ability to integrate through APIs and Apps.

Cons

It has a high price range, especially for chatbots. It is not suitable for companies with high volumes of customer service inquiries.

Desiree
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 1/6/2024

Freshdesk is the best

Pros

I liked how efficient it was for the ease of use

Cons

There was not anything i did not like about freshdesk

rachid
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/5/2024

good experience

Pros

Credibility and quality in performance and smooth dealing with others

Cons

There is nothing negative to mention in my opinion

Angel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Easy to Use, Easy to Setup

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the knowledge base. This has helped us immensely on our team. Certain parts of the knowledge base show up based on the company the user is associated with. This allows us to set up public tutorials, internal tutorials for our staff, then another section that just our internal help desk can use. It is also very user-friendly, our students and staff can easily create tickets and we are able to customize the fields for tickets. I don't use a lot of the features with phone and automated ticket assignment, but I can see how this would be useful for a larger organization. I honestly have no complaints and whenever I have a question or issue, support has responded and solved my issue quickly!

Cons

There was an issue with spam, but this seems to be prominent amongst other companies as well. They have just implemented a resolve with this and I have seen a decline, but it is not completely blocked yet.

Zoho Desk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

I was unhappy with them and I would talk to customer service and they were less than helpful and did not seem to want to work with me on getting my issues resolved. I switched to Freshdesk immediately out of constant frustration with support and I have never regretted my decision. There is much more flexibility and customization with Freshdesk.

HappyFox Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

I had experience with Freshdesk as a user with a vendor that I work with. I like the ticketing interface and usability. I set up Freshdesk to try and really liked the options and features. Specifically the knowledge base setup.
Michelle

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Best Email Ticketing System out there

We have been able to be more responsive to our customers while maintaining high data integrity across our whole business. The team is able to 'chat' in real time with each other about an individual ticket without confusion and the ability for us all to be 'in' the ticket at the same time to see what is going on. The transparency of our interaction with our customers also mean we can address team training needs and discover any shortfalls of our customer service quickly, confidently and positively.

Pros

The ease of use and the overall look and feel of the experience for the team and our customers.

Cons

We are sometimes limited with our ability to search however this is more about how we use it and not the software itself. We are heavily reliant on our customers sending queries with quality subjects in their emails and due to how generic they are, the amount of queries we receive and the limitations we put on the team to tag/identify can give us high numbers of returns during a search.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We lost access to the system during a company buy out. We were also changing our team structure so needed something more flexible and robust.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Better features including customisation. The team at FreshDesk were also amazing to work with - addressing all of our queries and even working on our needs to ensure they could be addressed before we signed.
Patricia Brigid
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Superb Experience

We needed an efficient CRM system, easy to set up an with easy access to analytics to manage our tickets and Freshdesk was able to give us that and more. We love that its features are based on time; we are able to measure agent and team performance on this.

Pros

Freshdesk is built on ITIL framework and very easy to use. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, find all the metrics that we needed and set up. The support and software team are readily available on chat, email and conference call - regardless of need.

Lately I see lots of improvements in the software (like the Field Service Management, Proactive Reach and advance ticketing). Some of the new features have helped us tremendously while others (FSM) has got us thinking on efficiency in our field work.

Cons

In improving the system, a few of our favored features are taken off. For instance, with Linked Tickets we are unable to send bulk emails from the Tracker. The alternative is to send bulk emails from the Tickets view or filtered view; this is tedious if one has to select individual tickets which notice is meant for or when there are multiple linked tickets to different trackers.

Also, Email Outreach should have the alternative of selecting contact from Freshdesk instead of uploading a CSV file

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

It was difficult generating reports from Kayako. We were yet t transfer to their new version. With years of use, we needed something new which met our needs - in line with our ITIL-based structure.

Kayako

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Ease of use and support response rate. Freshdesk team were proactive to set up an online meeting with us where sales, IT and other relevant stakeholders were available to answer our questions and understand our needs before paying for the service. While on trial, we had set up 80% of the things we needed while waiting for feedback on the remaining things so this helped us decide quickly.
Nikos
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 17/1/2020

Why we chose Freshdesk

Their support is probably the best support out there, a real 5-star experience, plus they are continuously implementing new features and create new products.
As an administrator In my company, I really don't have to do a lot and I can easily do my job. There is almost no complaints from users.

Pros

Software is very clear and easy to use. A new user would require minimal training.
All latest ticketing ideas and features are already implemented.
There is constant development and you can see the changes every day without affecting the existing functionality though.
Great staff mentality and customer approach.

Cons

Some times users are a bit confused, but I guess this is normal when someone enters a new platform.
There are some hidden features that should be available on the administrator menu in my opinion.
The parent-child feature should be more flexible.

Teamwork Desk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We wanted to migrate to a fresh environment with all the latest features and new technologies. Previous platform was as if it was written back in the 90s'.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Two reasons were the decision-makers. The ability to send normal emails with attachments that are not links to the cloud and the value for money quality.
Carly

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Freshdesk is simple to setup and makes bug-tracking a cinch!

Personally, this was the best platform that ever happened to our team. We reviewed some pay-for feature models, as well as the free bug tracker in Spiceworks (which had a ton of adware), and Freshdesk was the simplest to use and track our bugs even with the non-ability to drill down further with the tier we were using for our staff. The only other thing I would mention, is that it is not HIPAA compliant, so you want to make sure anything users are posting in there is not anything related to proprietary software. Otherwise it worked like a charm for our team, and our users seemed to like it. You do need to make sure that your teams using it have their emails alerting them, otherwise a ticket can just sit there. I found that I was reminding folks to check the freshdesk--from an IT standpoint, we were in there every day fielding tickets and this really helped us to schedule out our day/week and prioritize.

Pros

I set up and administered Freshdesk for a 200+ non-profit agency. There were three departments tracking bugs through it, and we were able to deploy it and announce its use with ease. It was easy to explain to our staff who didn't want to take time to learn something overly complex. As a non-profit, it was important to find a solution that could assist us day-to-day without breaking the bank. We were able to use the first-level with support for our use. The Freshdesk support was highly responsive and helpful if we had questions. Using this platform cut down on time spent fielding immediate requests that were not a high priority. It allowed us to really prioritize, track and automate repeat issues, and cut down on 'putting out little fires everywhere mentality.'

Cons

The automation was helpful, but I think it could have used a bit more complexity. We were able to implement an automated routing for email subjects and user emails so that certain requests or bugs/issues would go to a specific department. We used the platform in Communications, IT, and Facilities for all requests. We didn't have a bug or issue tracker prior to this platform. The Frequently Asked Questions portion of the portal really didn't end up being used, although we did use it when we first started the platform. Higher ups really liked the ability to see numbers in what we were fielding, but there was not enough drill-down in the pay/point we were using--that may have been available within higher paid levels. The automation has a lot of options for sending alerts when a new ticket is created. It can become cumbersome and send A LOT of emails. I'm not sure if there is a better way to automate/cut that down w/o losing that function. Also, the 'archive' user feature was a bit weird. We had a lot of employees that would leave and come back, and if you archived the user, it was a bit of an odd way to get them back into the platform, it's doable, just awkward.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

We could literally open the account and begin working with it and their support was super on it with Helpdesk requests and questions. Even on the free-model with limited features, this was a great product that got us up and running with ease and it didn't take a rocket scientist to explain the procedure for creating tickets. We actually created a launch campaign to make our staff aware that we would no longer be taking ticket requests (unless it was an emergency) without a pre-written ticket in the portal. It really helped our team with everything from IT requests to phone problems and replacements, to concerns about how other programs worked or how to access a printer.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/5/2021

Nightmare product

If I could go back in time, with the information I have now, I would select Zendesk. That is software written by and for adults.

I would also say: the support provided by Freshdesk is eager and well-meaning, however the quality has been very poor. The support team will generally ignore obvious bugs in the software and waste time with a series of questions. Core bugs go months and months without correction. Escalations to management are ignored. The CSM team makes big promises and then vanishes for weeks or months at a time, without so much as email response. Generally, it is a very poor showing.

Pros

Freshdesk is inexpensive. Provided you are playing a numbers game – you want to save money on inexpensive software, and do not value your own customers highly enough to purchase Zendesk – then Freshdesk may be the way to go.

Cons

Freshdesk is full of poor product design and poor engineering implementation. Features are shipped half-finished and then advertised and demonstrated to prospects. Bugs are everywhere. Features are difficult to use. The product is difficult to administer – even basic administration like user management is not intuitive.

It is the most disappointing software I have ever purchased.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Jira Service Desk lacked features we required.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

The Freshdesk sales team were dishonest in completing an RFI. The demonstrated the product well, and hid the rough edges and dark corners from us during the proof of concept. By the time we starting running into issues – and we have, nonstop, run into issue after issue – it was too late. We will switch to Zendesk as soon as we can find the cycles.
Nitin
Nitin
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

Great ticket management software for first time customer service manager

Freshdesk is a highly useful help desk or customer complaint management platform. Its social media integration is perfect with support for Facebook pages which helped me have a sync with my daily Facebook complaints.

Pros

What I like about Freshdesk is that we can manage all our support channels from one place, the automated reporting features are excellent and also useful to customize it according to our requirements. They also have the best support team who helps you at every stage.
Reasonable price makes it affordable for first time customer service agencies or startups. We can create our own knowledge base or faq onsite in a free plan.

Cons

The first thing I realized while using the ticket management system is that it confuses and doesn't always display the exact team member name who gave the response when multiple customers are involved in a support ticket.

Zoho Desk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

My team needs a much better and smooth way to serve customers online. Zoho have some complexities in dashboard and monthly report insights. Freshdesk provides more features along with quick review of customers on the dashboard that helps the team have daily or monthly insights about complaint status.

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Other softwares aimed at enterprises which help desks serving internal customers. That makes them much more costly with the same features in freshdesk. Freshdesk is focused on processing service tickets from external customers which makes me choose freshdesk over zoho desk.
Oluwadamilola

Reviewed on 28/1/2023

An All-Round Excellent Experience with Freshdesk

Overall, our experience with Freshdesk has been extremely positive. We have been able to quickly and efficiently manage customer service requests. The customer service team has been extremely helpful in resolving any issues we have had. The only downside is the higher price of the premium plans.

Pros

Freshdesk is an amazing platform for customer service. It has allowed us to manage customer service requests quickly and efficiently. We have been able to easily customize the platform to meet our specific needs. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the customer service team has been very responsive in resolving any issues we have had.

Cons

The one downside we have experienced is the price of the premium plans. While Freshdesk is an amazing platform, the price is a bit on the higher side.

Leonardo

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Cheap, simple and something you want to use within your organization!

I have been using Freshdesk at my past work and implemented it also at one of my previous jobs. They went from TopDesk to this brand new product without any problems. The migration process we have done was manually, but we had no problems at all switching to the new system.

Pros

Federated Access, The UI design and simplicity, the dashboard is fairly easy understandable and requires little to none effort to understand the product.

Cons

Some things are limited in the free and first paid tier. But most of the important features are available in the free tier. So you basically get a free ticketing service in your hands!

Costs and functionality

TOPdesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Because it was cheap, and did offer us what we needed. It was the best choice based upon our requirements.
Alex
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 3/11/2018

Great tool, even at the lower price tiers

Overall, my gripes are relatively minor, and for the most part have usable workarounds. FreshDesk has proven an invaluable tool for our small team, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a solid ticketing system. In fact, I already have!

Pros

The interface clear and navigable, making it simple to switch from our old ticketing system. It's easy to work together on a single ticket, especially with the ability to create Private Notes visible only to agents. Email templates help speed things up, and time-based rules ensure that tickets don't sit idle too often. Also handy are the apps that allow you to expand some of the functionality or customize features.

While the ticketing features are handy, I've recently started delving into the "Solutions", aka knowledgebase. It's easy to format, and gives you some flexibility with HTML. I think we'll be able to leverage it for some very useful tutorials. In the meantime, we have a single page with a picture from The IT Crowd captioned "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Finally, I'd like to give kudos to FreshDesk support. They are very responsive, usually replying within a couple of hours. I don't think we've had a single ticket stay open (waiting for reply) for more than a day. As an example, another organization we support had difficulty getting outgoing email working. FreshDesk's DKIM service wasn't functioning properly, making it impossible for them to send mail from the tool. They identified the issue quickly, and were able to address the underlying technical issues in a satisfactory timeframe. Overall we haven't had many problems, but where we've had them, they got fixed or explained to our satisfaction.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the explanations from support have been "That's available in a higher price bracket." We're on the "Blossom" level, the first paid tier, and some features that we'd find useful are only available in higher tiers that are cost-prohibitive for our two-person team. It'd be nice to have an a la carte menu to be able to add a few features for a few dollars, rather than nearly doubling our cost. Still, those features are "nice to have", not necessary, and we are functioning quite well despite their absence. I can definitely see how larger teams would benefit from them though, so I don't begrudge the tiers' mere existence.

There are a couple of weird things about the Solutions builder. I wish it was more of a "what you see is what you get" tool, though you do have the ability to preview your drafts before publishing the page. For example, I wanted include some footnotes, using superscript numbers in the text for indexing. This wasn't in the available formatting options, so I used the [much-appreciated] HTML editor. The problem is, the numbers continue to appear as plain text in the standard editor, and only appear as superscript in the preview (and of course the published page). This makes proofing cumbersome.

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/3/2019

Extremely helpful online ticketing system-Takes care of all HR related and other queries

Overall experience has been amazing so far as it is able to cater our day to day needs. Great platform to provide internal/external support.

Pros

We have been using this software for more than 2.5 years now in our company to assist our consultants, vendors and clients.
Freshdesk is a cloud based helpdesk system, which allows its users to resolve all day-to-day queries by generating tickets. This ticketing system works well internally and externally. Being a part of the HR Team, we receive approximately 20-30 tickets per day from our employees/Clients and other companies for assistance regarding pay, employment verification, employment letters, leaves etc. The employees send their queries to a common HR Group ID and then we allocate it to the concerned person within the team.
The Fresh desk support is implemented by the technical department of our company as well where the internal employees raise tickets in case of any technical issues.
The interface is easy to use and simple. It also provides guidelines and prompts for a new user, making it extremely easy to learn and start without much assistance. It provides the option to add a note to every ticket before closing it making it easier to know for the entire team that a ticket is closed. It also keeps a clear and manageable history of all the recently closed tickets. It also provides a feature to export a complete summary of the tickets group wise with categories and subjects, date of receipt and closure.
Freshdesk has an in-built contact directory for all internal employees making it easier to allocate copy or forward the tickets.

Cons

As per our existing needs, I do not see any cons. I am sure it offers more flexibility at higher prices but so far, it works well for us.

• Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

Freshdesk proving their worth on the CRM market

We have moved from Desk.com half a year ago. The decision was made based on our comparison. We have selected Freshdesk as it seemed to give the best value for the price and people also seem really satisfied in general.
To me Freshdesk is a developing underdog on the CRM market with some huge advantages and opportunities. We selected them because we can have some top notch solutions just like we had Freshdesk or Zendesk, but we do not have to leave a fortune there. They still need to spend a lot to improve the software as the market is really competitive with other companies like Salesforce, Zendesk but it seems they have the ambition to be the best.

Moving to Freshdesk still seems a great decision.

Pros

Learning the software was quite easy for the agents as well which is a huge advantage. This is partially because of their support team as we have always been able to contact then and ask any type of questions regarding their software. The CS Team is always helpful and pretty professional. They did not forger us even after we started using their software (which happens with many companies).

Ticket handling is really efficient and the agent portal has a nice design from a practical viewpoint as well. We like canned responses. A nice little feature is to add support page article links / contents to reply messages just like canned responses. Another huge advantage is the knowledge base / support page which is highly customizable. In general we like ticket automation rules as well and it helped to solve some of our special requests.

Cons

At this point we are not able to use our own SSL and we cannot afford to have extra expenses to rent an SSL from Freshdesk (probably third party) or buy their top plan to have their SSL. This is a good indicator that some essential functions are only available if you are using their top plan. It is good that you are able to customize your portal URL, but if you do you are not going to have HTTPS until you pay more. This makes this whole function questionable. I am hoping the development team will solve this soon.
Apparently there are some minor function that we have to solve with a workaround but it is straightforward available for competition.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

sleek web based ITSM portal

Overall, Freshdesk has helped our businesses provide better customer support, improve efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction. It has an easy to use sleek web portal.

Pros

Centralized communication: Freshdesk allows businesses to centralize their communication channels, including email, phone, social media, and chat. This can help to improve response times, reduce confusion and improve the customer experience.Ticket management: Freshdesk provides businesses with a powerful ticket management system that can help to streamline workflows, automate routine tasks, and prioritize support requests.Multi-channel support: Freshdesk allows businesses to offer support to their customers across a range of channels, including email, phone, social media, chat, and more. This can help to improve accessibility and convenience for customers.Automation: Freshdesk allows businesses to automate routine tasks such as ticket routing, canned responses, and follow-up messages. This can help to free up time for support agents and improve efficiency.Reporting and analytics: Freshdesk provides businesses with a range of reporting and analytics tools that can help them to track key performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions.Collaboration: Freshdesk provides support agents with a range of collaboration tools that can help them to work together more effectively and provide better support to customers.

Cons

Cost: Freshdesk can be expensive, especially for small businesses with limited budgets. While there is a free version available, it has limited functionality, and more advanced features require a paid subscription.Complexity: Freshdesk is a complex platform with a lot of features and options, which can make it overwhelming for new users. It may take some time to get familiar with the software and set up workflows that work well for your business.Customization: While Freshdesk is highly customizable, it can be difficult to configure and customize the software to meet your specific business needs. This can require technical expertise, which may be a challenge for some businesses.Integration: Freshdesk offers integrations with a range of third-party tools, but it may not integrate with all the tools your business uses. This can create additional work to manage multiple systems and workflows.Limited automation: While Freshdesk does offer some automation capabilities, it may not be enough for businesses with complex support processes. Some tasks may still require manual intervention, which can slow down support workflows.

Nicholas
Nicholas

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Efficient and User-Friendly Customer Support with Freshdesk - A Review

Despite the pricing and reporting drawbacks, I found Freshdesk to be a valuable tool for improving customer support and increasing efficiency. The platform's robust features and integrations, including with Salesforce and Slack, make it a top choice for businesses looking to streamline their customer support operations.

Pros

Freshdesk is a powerful and intuitive customer support software that offers a wide range of features, including ticketing, automation, collaboration, and reporting. The platform's easy-to-use interface and customization options make it ideal for businesses of all sizes and industries. The mobile app is also a helpful feature for on-the-go customer support.

Cons

One downside I experienced with Freshdesk is that the pricing can be on the higher side for some businesses, particularly those with a large customer base or high volume of tickets. Additionally, some users have reported that the reporting and analytics features could be more robust.

Help Scout and Zoho Desk

Sebastien
Sebastien

Reviewed on 22/7/2018

Really good & well designed helpdesk software - I checked almost all of them and chose...

Much more speed and efficiency in our support work flow : Automation, assignements, grouping, tagging, SLA, Monitoring, Canned Responses, Integrated Widget, Email Forwarding, Facebook integration, etc. Looking forward to integrate the telephony also :-)

Pros

I'm tech manager in a growing online business and our support team is currently 3 agents. We needed to transition our support flow from mostly shared email support to something more efficient and I was the one to explore and choose the tech solution that we would implement - I chose Freshdesk. Here is why:

The User Experience is very very well designed. I looked into ZenDesk, ZohoDesk, Desk.com, Kayako, Cayzu and others and they were all about the same price however Freshdesk stands out for the ease of use by far. Desk.com was the second-best design however it was quite bland. Freshdesk was surprisingly easy to understand for the less technically inclined people in my team and that is a win.

Freshdesk is full of features and while there are many we won't use in the foreseeable future there were enough really useful ones in the first paid plan [Blossom] that we felt comfortable justifying this expense for 3 agents and eventually 4.

The ease of use of these features especially compared to shared mail made us buy into Freshesk:

'Group', 'assigned to', 'Tags', ' Dispatcher' , ' Observer'. We found how to automate all of them.

I had EXCELLENT tech support to customize the ticket fields and widgets; we needed API calls and Webhooks used to fit the workflow to our preferred implementation and really the tech person knew his job, was always patient and knew what to suggest and how to help me configure Freshdesk above and beyond what I expected.

Cons

The time before we became paying Freshdesk customers is the one place where I feel there is a need for more care. Once we are paying clients however the service is really good. Here are my main points for them to work on:

1. Please, we don't want to feel even the slightest pressure to buy into Freshdesk: we are a slow-moving company tech-wise and we needed more time to try all the features without having our trial deleted.

The free trial is 21 days. We did receive one full extension and part of another and our assigned agent was as patient as she could about our slow pace; however I had the impression that behind her she maybe was pressured to ' close the sale ' . I felt pressured to go faster than our time budget was allowing to fully explore in depth Freshdesk.

2. That agent was also somewhat slow at first to answer to some questions I had before committing to a paid plan.

3. While I was exploring the whole feature set of Freskdesk I felt that she was not sufficiently able to help me understand why the first paid plan would be better for us than the free plan. I had made a list of features I wanted more info about and even on a live call I would have liked for her to be able to go deeper with me in my understanding of Freshdesk at that time. I felt she was mostly reading the same feature-sheet as me.

4. So we committed to Freshdesk a bit before being fully ready however by then I knew that there were more than enough paid features for us to make the jump.