Kartra Reviews

About Kartra

Are you an experienced creator, coach, or expert looking to grow your business online? Kartra is the solution for you! This all-in-one business platform was specifically created to help you monetize your knowledge and services. W...

4.1

Browse Kartra Reviews

Mike
Mike

KARTRA - a No-Brainer MUST Have for any online business

I love almost everything about Kartra except it is not user friendly. It takes time to learn all of the hidden complicated steps you must take to make things work. I wish they would get a good business customer who is not tech savvy, and watch them try to use and navigate the software. This would help the propeller heads get exposed to how we think and operate.

Pros

1. Done for You Stuff - boatload of "Flip a Switch" to turn on new products, campaigns, launches, web forms, sales pages, order pages, thank you pages with follow up sequences already built for you. Simple, fill-in-blank stuff and it creates all of the Sharp Looking Web Pages (yes, boatload of templates or create you own) Kartra is the missing link for KornFewshunsoft. (Kornfewshunsoft user since 2004) Time Saver, Money Maker

Cons

1. Cannot do OneZee TwoZee sales with a discounted price - if you have Sales people on phone
2. Cannot do "Quotes" (Infusionsoft feature) for customers, unique discounted bundle of products, bonuses
3. Cannot push a button to see all of your customers - you must go thru a 7 step process that is painful
4. No folders to categorize uploaded photos and images - All into one huge bucket - time eater to find

Rocco

Kartra is Real Online Business Software

Love it. Sometimes I would rather get someone on the phone for support because I think it would be easier to get stuff done but Kartra's support desk is pretty quick.

Pros

There are too many features to list but my favorite is the Memberships, the ease of making a Portal with many courses, all the Done for you campaigns, the all in one ability of email, forms, integrations, the ability to interact with Zapier and other workflow products, drag and drop page building, I can go on but I only have so much space. Genisis Digital really understands how an online business should operate when they built this software.

Cons

I only have one. They need to figure out how to create the ability to add more than 4 levels of membership in their membership platform.

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

I needed a more robust platform for what we were creating.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

The ability to use several payment gateways, ease of use and ability to sell physical products and integration with Zapier.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 16/5/2019

Good for some uses but has some ballbreaker shortcomings for me.

kartra saves me time. Once I have built some sales funnels they are repeatable and their success (or not) is measurable. Kartra provides me with actionable data that is easily and quickly accessible so I'm basing my decisions on real time accurate data. And I can set it up so that I am making money while I sleep

Pros

Has many functions on the one platform. I could use my own domains and favicons. There were some templates to use and the webinar help sessions we useful. It provides realtime actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons

Customers cannot select multiple items of a product in one purchase transaction on a specific date when they want to join one session once that already has others in that session. For a tourist who has a family of 4 people they cant buy 4 tickets and they cant specify that they want to go on a tour that already has people booked on it but there is available space for them. And they cant book for the one tour once.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, GetResponse and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

The test period offered, the pricing was better and there were some templates to use. It was a more turnkey solution than hubspot.

Top Kartra Alternatives

Heidi

Kartra ~ Powerful, Robust, Do-It-All ~ All-in-One Software

I have been able to get an idea about a product that my market may want and throw a page up on the web and pitch it out there and get responses. Sign ups or even payments. Now that I have learned my way around, it is relatively easy to do that!

Pros

After running a full-time ministry/business online for a couple of years, I had all kinds of programs and platforms that I was paying for monthly or yearly. When it came time to streamline it all, I narrowed it down to just Kartra. Everything is right there in one place, integrating well with WebinarJam and EverWebinar.

Cons

Two things...1.) the email component (CRM?). There is no easy way of taking the leads from Kartra and pulling them in to another CRM platform. It would be awesome if this part of Kartra was as robust as its page builder, portal builder, and membership builder! 2.) a way to set up a store of all the products or services I offer all in one "place"

Teachable, ActiveCampaign, Kajabi, Mailchimp, AWeber and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Kajabi was having trouble doing what my tech team asked it to do. Kartra came out at a time when I wasn't terribly happy with some customer service responses to my questions about Kajabi.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Function...Kartra can do everything I want to do better than anything else. The way my choice worked out, I had already put money out for all of the products I mention above, When I was trying to cut costs, I eliminated everything BUT Kartra and Active Campaign. Active Campaign will be eliminated at some point, too.
Maciej

Reviewed on 23/2/2023

Impressive All-in-One Online Platform

Overall, I'm really happy with my experience using Kartra. It's been a great tool for me to build my business and create successful campaigns. It's easy to use and provides great customer service if needed. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an all-in-one online platform.

Pros

Kartra is a great all-in-one online platform that allows me to create beautiful webpages and forms, manage my contacts, and track conversions. I love how easy it is to use and how quickly I can get things up and running. I'm also impressed with the customer service, which is always available if I have any questions.

Cons

The only downside to Kartra is that it can be a bit expensive compared to some of its competitors. However, the features you get for the price are well worth it.

Outstanding

I am very satisfied with KARTRA software! I think it is the best on the market.

Pros

Usability. KARTRA is extremely easy to use and learn. The training for how to use it is very good as well. As compared to other software programs, KARTRA has them beat HANDS-DOWN! In cost and ease of use.

Cons

I think that KARTRA can take a lesson from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the education and promotion of KARTRA. He did a "1 Funnell Away" and "30-Days" challenge program that was wildly successful in both teaching Funnel marketers how to be successful and selling his [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] software. I went through the training and was quite willing to pay the $100 to do so. I know KARTRA did a three-day event - Wrong way to approach it. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] content was broken down into pieces and easy to consume and re-watch. KARTRA's 3-day program was difficult to watch and impossible to find the pieces I was looking for.
Promotion is the biggest con - The KARTRA product is the best on the market! It's just not promoted well.

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

I tried several different products before settling on KARTRA. The fact that KARTRA had everything all in one place was terrific!

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Price, Ease of Use, Overall completeness of what I need to run a business online.
Joane

Reviewed on 7/9/2023

Not for me!

I did not have the greatest experience with Kartra at all... their system was backwards and cluncky and their customer support was non existent. I had reached out to them for weeks without a response and then after I disputed their charges on my credit card, then finally someone reached out to ask me ask me to drop the dispute as they were going to offer me a full refund. I found it super expensive for what you get and the lack of customer support.

Pros

I like the "all-in-one" solution so that I didn't have to try to piece a bunch of other tools together through Zapier.

Cons

Initially, I was so excited about Kartra, and then the more I used it the more I disliked it. It was super clunky to design in. Funnels were difficult to create as everything worked backwards. And the customer support was horrible!

Response from Genesis Digital

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered with Kartra. Your feedback is important, and we appreciate your honesty. Please know that we are actively listening and are committed to making improvements based on your insights.

Replied 12/12/2023
Dawn

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Kartra is the best bang for your buck - for the most part

Even with my grumblings above, I am very satisfied with Kartra, especially considering its competition. I truly believe it's the best value with regard to functionality and ease of use, hands down.

Pros

The fact that I have the functionality of a shopping cart, email CRM, membership site, video hosting (with all the analytics), and an affiliate program.

Cons

There are some features that are still not available (it's a fairly new platform), like the ability to purchase multiple quantities of a product. Also, the lowest plan only allows for 5 products, which is ridiculously low.

Dr Paul O
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

Best choice ever :)

Came to Kartra from one of the traditional mail services that did only static funnels, but I'm not in a numbers game and needed a CRM type system where I can start sales conversations and then follow up on a 1:1 basis. Kartra does everything I could hope for and more. Very impressed.

Pros

Solid programming despite abundance of functions (nothing is as bad as waiting for fixes). Created an awesome product :) Kartra is now my CRM engine and integrates with both WebinarJam and Kajabi. Have segmentation, tags, Onboarding sequences, campaigns (Ryan Deiss Machine type) and can do targeted sales campaigns using broadcasting. Can then follow up 1:1 easily. Exactly what I needed to upgrade from solopreneur to consultancy with a global sales force.

Cons

If you want an easy life, take it in steps. It's easy to be carried away with everything :) Own experience that we needed to re-do lists and tags...not really a software problem, though :) but cannot think of anything else.

Kajabi and Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Could have stayed with Kajabi only, but added Kartra for CRM as CMS is not enough. Combined the two = best of the best.
Shirley
Shirley
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Kartra Has Enormous Potential!...It's Great Platform for Business But There is Room for...

My experience has been pretty good in spite of some of the shortcomings of the Kartra platform. I think it's just "growing pains" and should hopefully improve over time. You may see a lot of videos on YouTube, blog posts and articles around the web raving about Kartra.

You have to consider the source. Many of these "rave reviews" are affiliates trying to make some money.(More power to them!) I mention that because the average person will look all of those reviews and think it's simple and easy to use. While it's a nice platform, it will be a bit of a challenge if you've never used anything like it before. In my opinion, it could be a lot more user friendly. It's easy to find yourself "stuck" trying to figure out what to do next.

While Kartra does have some "training" videos and blog posts. I found myself searching on YouTube for clearer explanations and examples.

Overall, if you're looking for an alternative to Clickfunnels or Infusionsoft (Now known as Keap), Kartra is one to consider. I suggest signing up for the trial and really put Kartra through it's paces. Build pages, automations etc. That's the only way that you're going to see if it's the right solution for you and your business.

Pros

What I like most about Kartra are the features. It has EVERYTHING you need to set up sales and marketing funnels, landing pages, email marketing and a lot more.

Plus if you later decide to sell online courses or need a member's site etc...Kartra has it all.

Cons

Kartra is a bit clunky. It also seems to run a bit slow when updating a page. That being said, it is software and we all know that technology can sometimes have a mind of it's own literally. I believe it will get better over time.
I also have a small bone to pick with Kartra with their decision to use em vs px. While, I get that em is better in terms of accuracy. The developers of Kartra need to understand that their average customers aren't graphic artists or developers. We know, use and understand px (pixels). So why not give us the option to use px instead of em?

Brittany

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Kartra is a life saver!!

Pros

I absolutely love the fact that almost everything is in one place. I moved from 5 different software tools into Kartra and was able to save myself $250 per month in software but then probably another 20 hours of time trying to connect all the tools together to work. Now I have 1 place to go and I can build the tech pieces of a simple funnel in under an hour!!

Cons

The builders within the software are not the greatest. I feel that they are slow and clunky. There needs to be a way to save your brand/style guidelines so that you do not have to change the font and color on EVERY SINGLE thing. When you copy and paste text into the page or email builder, it should use the same font that was saved in the template. The Course/membership builder is the same.

I would also love it if the CRM function had a place to create follow up tasks that created a task list. I do online marketing but I also do consulting and I have to use another CRM to track those leads because there is not a way for me to set a follow up with a lead in Kartra.

Overall I absolutely love Kartra and I am hoping that these things are updated as soon as possible so that I can love it even more!

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

I was using Ontraport, Thinkific, Vimeo, Acuity and Zendesk. I was spending over $400 per month on everything. Now I pay $200 per month on Kartra and actually saved even more by doing the annual plan!

Ontraport

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

I felt that it included the most features for the value and was the easiest to use. Kajabi felt clunky and hard to use and Kartra felt seamless (other than the outdated builder)
Angela

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

I am hoping I will fall in love with Kartra! Right now our relationship is "complicated."

I think this will be a great tool for me that will help to generate income in time, however, right now it is not.
I am still using all of my other Softwares until I can figure out a way to make this the easiest for me.

Pros

This product has everything I need! So originally we purchased it in order to get rid of the other software we are using.

Cons

It is not nearly as user friendly as Squarespace, Mailchimp and many of the other low-cost options.
Also, there is no customer service line to call. I understand why this is, but it has been an issue for me multiple times and I resort to calling off other important work during my day in order to troubleshoot myself or get my assistant on it instead of trusting I will be able to resolve an issue quickly.

Acuity Scheduling, WordPress, Squarespace and Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Well, actually I am just still using both to make sure all of my clients can have easily usable software until I can create all of the video tutorials answering the common questions I get for Kartra calendars and others features.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Because I am tired of using so many different products. I was hoping it would be as easy as I had heard.

Response from Genesis Digital

We appreciate your honest feedback and understand the challenges you're facing. Rest assured, we're continuously working to enhance user-friendliness and provide comprehensive support. We're here to assist you every step of the way, whether it's through tutorials, troubleshooting guides, or direct assistance from our team. Your success is our priority, and we're committed to ensuring a seamless experience with Kartra. If there's anything specific you need assistance with or features you'd like to see improved, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help make your transition to Kartra as smooth as possible!

Replied 15/3/2024
Robert

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Great product - which appears to have lost customer focus and eroded its support function.

We came into this product with enormous goodwill for the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and what he was committed to. Since his passing - it appears as if things have changed radically - in a direction that is not good. We're actively considering whether Kartra deserves our continued business.

We have noticed that other leaders in digital marketing, who were early and enthusiastic Kartra advocates are now using other platforms. At least one such has told us that his experience with the decline in customer service is a reason why he's moving on. Now, today Kartra has informed us that they are going to start charging us more. That's the straw...

Pros

We love the fact that e-mail, webpages, shopping cart, video hosting & membership are all tightly integrated. No one has done a better job of this - but some are trying.

Cons

No problem with the software - but a very big problem with the customer support function which has recently deteriorated very significantly.

Previously, we got quick, useful replies where the support provider actually went to the account, looked at the problem, verified it and provided video showing how to fix it. Now - numerous tickets on the same issue go unheeded because the responses are posted to an account that is not ours.

Responses appear to have mis-understood the problem. Repeated pleas for help go unacknowledged. Even tried reaching out to Genesis Digital execs via phone & LinkedIn. No response.

To make it worse, recently they have taken down all the instructional videos and written tutorials for Webinar Jam. Replaced them with an API document which is useless to us. One of Kartra's main selling points is "ease of use." Likewise with Webinar Jam. It's supposed to be easy to use WJ to integrate webinars into the Kartra ecosystem.

We don't expect anyone to do it for us, but we're not software engineers. We have other things we need to do. So we do need easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and support when we get it wrong.

Because the tutorials are gone and the customer support is weak, we're now paying for a webinar platform which we cannot connect to Kartra and which we can't use with confidence. This affects the heart of our business at a very bad time.

Alexandre

Good!

It's a great tool, definitely, made by marketers for marketers.

The all in one is great but it has the defauts of its qualities:
overall the whole machine may tend to be slow and many operations and clicks and options are mandatory to do s single task.

Pros

The all in one thing.
Not easy to get used to the tool but the more I practice and discover new features, the more I like it.

The support is very good, although sometimes answers may be a bit generic (copy/paste templates).

Cons

Something that is really annoying:
you cannot jump from one section to another. Instead, you have to go through every section in order to reach one you want.

i.e: I'm into a product creation. I'm at the first section and I want to only configure the Affiliates section. Icannot reach it by clicking on it. I have to go through each section and click save and next every time.

This is the same for emails, or forms…

That's a waste of time.
Can you do something about it?!

Anja

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Marketing Is Finally EASY!

I love how easy it is to set up sales pages and start selling straight away. Before Kartra I would battle with my wordpress pages and setting up forms, but with Kartra I started to sell products and services almost instantly. It also manages my database with ease and I can send follow up email sequences with ease. It's made my marketing so easy and follow up sales are set on auto-pilot.

Pros

I love that this is an all-in-one marketing system. I can manage my customer database, run promotions, segment my customers, send emails, and set up all of my sales pages and forms ALL from the one program. It also has a whole affiliate management system and so much customization.

Cons

I use a lot of video content, so the only frustrating thing is the high charges for bandwidth. All the other aspects are well within the limits, but I get charged extra because my bandwidth usage goes over. I've had to set up a vimeo account to help with this issue, but that's frustrating because it's another service I have to subscribe to. I would rather have it all in the one place, but the bandwidth fees are so excessive.

Twanna

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Perfect resource for online business

I enjoy using the platform. The more that I use it and plays around with all the features.

Pros

After trying several CRM and course platforms Kartra quickly became my choice because of all the functionality it offers. All in one!

Cons

It is certainly a learning curve. I eventually had to hire one of their experts in order to implement my course on the platform.

Easier to use.

Teachable

Affordable
Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 20/4/2023

A great ability to follow up the shopping operations effectively on our website

We've seen positive results with Kartra's ability to follow up on shopping operations on our website. The platform's ability to direct customers and send reminders has helped us effectively improve our sales levels.

Pros

Kartra is a versatile digital marketing platform that offers a wide range of features for building landing pages and email campaigns. Its segmentation tools make it easy to organize contact lists, while its powerful automation enables follow-up emails to be sent automatically to customers who haven't completed their shopping. Additionally, Kartra provides a heatmap and tracking system that offers valuable insights into customer behavior, such as which links are clicked and by whom, allowing businesses to effectively target new customers.

Cons

I have only encountered positive aspects of Kartra , including its modern interface and easy-to-use tools. It's great that they have a customer service team that is always available to help.

Response from Genesis Digital

Thank you for your positive feedback! Delighted to hear you're enjoying Kartra's versatility and user-friendly interface. Our aim to support you every step of the way!

Replied 18/1/2024
Dean
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Best holistic solution

It has been easy to learn, it has great training support with articles and videos, the support community is extremely active and answers to questions are very timely. The team is extremely pleasant to work with and executive rarely disappoints as he understands what digital marketing is all about. Every month brings new enhancements and features that make it better. This is one-stop shopping when it comes to digital marketing.

Pros

Kartra keeps everything under one roof eliminating the need and expense of multiple apps. It has drag and drop simplicity and deep funnel complexity. The best thing is the features keep getting better and the community is super supportive. After having used many programs with multiple clients such as Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Pipedrive, VTiger, CF, Leadpages... this is the cleanest and easiest interface to optimal functionality.

Cons

Video bandwidth can cost you money so only marketing videos requiring analytics and funnel tagging should be housed on the platform. Still need Vimeo Business for everything else like training videos. Need a HIPAA compliant version for some clients as healthcare arena is exploding.

Olivia
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/3/2023

All-in-One Solution for Online Business

Pros

Kartra is a comprehensive platform with a variety of tools for online marketing and sales. It's user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it perfect for non-techy users. The built-in automation and analytics are a big plus.

Cons

The pricing can be a bit steep for smaller businesses, and some of the more advanced features may require additional support to set up and use effectively. The design options for website templates are also limited.

Response from Genesis Digital

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you find Kartra comprehensive and user-friendly, with valuable automation and analytics. We hope that the all-in-one platform allows you to cancel other subscriptions, saving you hundreds of dollars each month!

Replied 14/3/2024
Richard
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Time Saving Software Platform

Having the ability to have videos hosted within the monthly charge, a powerful auto responder with sequences and campaigns along with little touches like the calendar function provides a massive advantage to me when offering these services as well as running my own business.

Pros

The speed at which I can put a landing pages together is unbelievable with the Kartra platform. Once the content has been agreed with the hook and calls to action etc, I can put an example in front of a client real easy. It's quick, but I don't let my client know how quick otherwise putting something together in an hour would be the expectation every time and my fee rate would be called into question. Primarily for landing pages, I've also built complete websites with the Kartra platform and just about to build my first membership site. I'm still discovering the power of this platform, it has a lot to offer.

Cons

Whilst you can build an online store with Kartra, I wish it was a little more advanced in this area. I know it's not the primary function, but combining the ease of building landing pages with the ability to have a powerful online store as well would be awesome.

Reviewed on 18/5/2019

The Last Piece Of Marketing Software You'll EVER Need

Pros

Kartra does literally everything better than anything else.

The Landing Page and Sales Page builder software crushes anything else out there in terms of aesthetics and how much you can customize it.

The email follow-up options and campaigns that you can create are super intelligent - and much more user-friendly than Infusionsoft or AWeber.

CSR and the Kartra team have literally solved the problem of 'what software should I use for this aspect of my online business?' - and it integrates and works with the different parts of your marketing campaigns so well.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn, which is to be expected because it has so many things you can do. Small price to pay, though.

Chad
Chad

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

By far my favorite clickfunnel like product

overall kartra is amazing, it has some flaws in the software but it is amazing for the price and very easy to work around!

Pros

has so many features included at the base price, where other products have them behind expensive pay walls

Cons

there aren't many bad aspects of this software, the only thing I don't like is they have specific viewing profiles for pages for computers, tablets, and phones which don't always effectively translate between one another. IE it looks amazing on desktop but terrible on phones

Liliane
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/9/2023

Kartra review

Pros

I like this software because it's easy to use and configure. I particularly like the way it lets me create destination pages.

Cons

I find its price rather high for this kind of software

Response from Genesis Digital

We're glad to hear you find Kartra easy to use and configure. We understand your pricing concern and appreciate your feedback. We hope that our dedication to innovation and continuous addition of new features ensures that the value exceeds the cost. Thanks again for your feedback, we value every voice.

Replied 18/1/2024
Laura

Reviewed on 19/5/2019

One tool for almost everything in your online business

I love Kartra and how much easier it has made running my business with everything in the one tool. They are constantly rolling out updates so while there are some features that currently don't work as well as it could I am confident over time they will improve the tool even more.

Pros

I love how much I can do all within the one tool. Email marketing, landing pages, online membership portals, selling digital products and so much more.

Cons

There are lots of inconsistencies across the different areas of the product - what works in the pages builder is different in the email marketing side of things. The user interface is also a little clunky and can be slow at times. My biggest frustration is that the tool runs of EST time zone, which for someone based in NZ makes it really confusing when scheduling emails etc to be sent at a certain time.

Claudia

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

Great online course platform

It has beautiful designs and the user interface is very easy to understand and use. It was very easy to start using it but since I had to change to a bigger plan and my business is not that big yet, I'm considering to move to another platform.

Pros

It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a lot of features in the same place, so I can do everything inside the platform: landing pages, sales pages, email marketing, online sales, etc.

Cons

I think they should be more clear about its bandwidth limits. In the Starter Plan, the bandwidth has nothing to do with the number of users and courses you can have. I mean that is very easy to reach the account limits which leads to overcharges. So, in my first month I had to upgrade to the next plan which doubles the price.

Teachable and Thinkific