Mailchimp Reviews

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a web-based marketing automation service with millions of users worldwide. The application allows users to share newsletters on various social networks and track customer engagements. The application provides tools...

4.2

Browse Mailchimp Reviews

16,879 of 16,879 reviews
Avash
Avash
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it.

I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pros

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp.

Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy.

While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Cons

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does.

I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved.

Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.
Rachael
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/3/2024

Strictly straightforward email marketing tool

Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool for managing and analyzing your customers data. It is helpful to see trends and target audiences based on your needs. Its fairly straightforward and easy to use and aims to make your business more effective when it comes to marketing.

Pros

Mostly i liked how Mailchimp was easy to start-up and begin using. I learned as I went along and I never got too over my head in features because this platcform basically sticks to e mail marketing and customizing.

Cons

I thought Mailchimp could have offered more templates for email design and maybe could have included a indepth tutorial to determine if this platform is appropriate for your type of business.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp to basically give it a try and see how it fit the needs of our business.
WENDY
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Not for a Beginner

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content.
Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan.
Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms.
I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times.
For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated.

It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake.

As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Top Mailchimp Alternatives

Lamia
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Very good but expensive and has poor support

Loved the tool and its many add ons, but the support contacts know less than the customers, so not worth the money for the monthly subscriptions. With my last enquiry I was passed to about 9 different people none of whom could help me.

Pros

The tools are very evolved and useful for campaigns with frequent activities and reporting. The AI is put to good use to anticipate response and tailor presentation. There are new tools launched on a regular basis to make this an exciting suite of products and potentially a market leader.

Cons

The price has more than doubled in less than one year which is inexplicable, and the support has become deplorably poor, so much so that I have paused my account after 7+ years as a customer.

Reviewed on 15/3/2024

Good for small businesses, too costly for Premium

Pros

Mailchimp is a quite simple to learn and use. It has a friendly UI and some built-in tutorials. It's good that it allows you to import xls files with some mail database.
It also integrates with self-made websites on HTML or WordPress.

Cons

It becomes costly when you actually need it. Shifting to an all-in-one CRM may be the better choice in this case.

Reviewed on 2/3/2024

was suggested by my teacher once, Would definitely use it again

Overall, the app is good to go for everyone, We should just know how to write emails gracefully; otherwise, the app does its job perfectly, excluding the emails that end up in spam

Pros

I can always ask my doubts anytime; the help desk is very helpful in these cases. I don't have to wait 3-5 days for a response. The functionality to edit and create my template at any time is so good. It has an easy interface, and I can easily clean the data.

Cons

I didn't like that sometimes my emails end up in spam folders or are considered promotions, which downgrades the app, and I believe that can be improved.

Riccardo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/3/2024

The best in class email marketing solution

Pros

Super intuitive and with tons of options, you can really scale up your email marketing performances

Cons

Plans are not so cheap, but they are worth every penny

Stefania
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/3/2024

an easy way to do email marketing

Pros

Mailchimp is an exceptional application for sending mass emails, making email marketing effective and straightforward. Very intuitive even for beginners and complete with analytics to visualize the total email openings.

Cons

The free plan has some limitations on the number of contacts and emails you can send, and you may need to upgrade to a paid plan to access advanced features

Joy
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

Best email marketing tool

Pros

Mail chimp is so easy to use, it has all the best tools to help you succeed in every way

Cons

I have no cons for using mail chimp, it’s easy to use and helped me easily send out adverts

Angela
Angela
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Mail Chimp for the Affiliate

MailChimp is a God send it helped me get everything done in a fraction of the time.

Pros

I liked that Mailchimp takes all the stress off of me and works had to ensure everything is done to standard and beyond!

Cons

Customer service can be very poor at time.

Lisandro
Lisandro
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Mailchimp is behind the competition

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pros

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Cons

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

SendPulse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Adestra

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mostly convenience, ease of use, and price. Also because I had a lot of experience using the product at a previous job.
Jonathan

Reviewed on 24/8/2020

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold and Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.
Stephanie

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched.

As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems.

They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Constant Contact, ClickFunnels, Keap, Mad Mimi and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.
Pedro
Pedro

Reviewed on 6/8/2021

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed.

Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential.

But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool.

I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up.

I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales.

Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

Pros

MailChimp appeared to me by chance,

And I chose to use it for my work.

A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers.

Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout.

It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free.

Totally accurate and timely email sequence.

Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much.

The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service.

In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce.

Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive.

intuitive tool;

excellent usability;

great cost / benefit;

very good delivery rate;

lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations)

good educational content.

Cons

It really is great marketing software though, even
there is automation,

The features are basic;

tool all in English and
it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return.

You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer.

However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 24/4/2022

Best Email Marketing Software Available

The customer service is outstanding. I was having some trouble developing a campaign and reached out to customer support and got a reply within 10 hours. I was able to resolve my issue quickly. Mailchimp has really become my Go To tool for all things email marketing related and it has touched on other applications, such as developing a killer landing page which actually gets conversions. I also feel that the free version really does give you a lot to start with, but it is easy to outgrow that really fast.

Pros

Mailchimp makes running an email campaign easy and simple. Don't get me wrong, there are super deep functions like multivariate campaigns and killer landing pages that integrate with your .com. I cannot say enough good things about Mailchimp. I have found that this software is simply the best available option out there for the money. I have been able to grow my mailing list and find what works with my audience.

Cons

I don't like how the Pro features are left out of the basic starter package. I understand that is how they make their money, however, those extra tools could be quite useful to new start up businesses, like myself that simply do not have it in the advertising budget to go to the pro level. I also struggled with making my emails 100% compliant because nowadays everyone is blocking or reporting spam mail. It isn't Mailchimps fault for that, it just makes it hard to get past the red tape of email marketing in general. However, they make it as easy as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp combines so many of the features that I was using from other software and just blows it away. I was not able to find anything that came close to Mailchimps features on the other software I was using. I always felt like I was piecing together different elements. Mailchimp solves that problem for me and makes running my campaigns a breeze, which fuels my small business.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp had all the features I was looking for and more. I started with the free version and quickly rose to the Standard package. I have been constantly developing and honing in my email list for many years, using many different softwares. I finally landed with Mailchimp because it beats out all the rest of the software by far. Look no further for email marketing!
Dylan
Dylan
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Solid program, but cost and introduction of subscription pricing made it unviable for us

We still have a positive perception of Mailchimp. It served us well over a long period and was low-stress and reasonably priced. However, as they changed direction with the software (and pricing) it no longer became appropriate for email newsletters only. There is probably tremendous value for those who want to take advantage of segments and the more CRM like features!

Pros

Mailchimp is incredibly solid, the UI is familiar to many staff (so learning curve was slight), and they seemed to maintain high quality sending ip integrity (so open rates remained high). Other competitors we have tested over the years seemed more flexible with their sending quality, so we noticed sharp open-rate drops (even after warming up the list).

Campaigns were easy to setup and it was relatively easy to set up attractive emails (or pull in templates from elsewhere). Reporting made sense, and it was useful to be able to track client engagement over time.

Cons

We were very committed to Mailchimp over a long period (10+ years) but primarily for email newsletters. As the software developed, they continued to introduce more and more features, but in some ways this just complicated things for us. We used Mailchimp for infrequent mailouts to large mailing lists, and this worked well when they allowed you to buy adhoc credits. However, when they introduced subscription pricing only (arguably fair enough given all their new features) it made it entirely unviable to continue.

Amazon SES and Moosend

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We switched because it was a much more robust solution, and easier to delegate email newsletters to staff (who don't necessarily have the tech background). Since Mailchimp we switched to Amazon SES with a front-end.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

At the point we made the switch, Mailchimp represented the ideal value between value for money and ease of use (Amazon SES in particular had a much higher tech curve than we had the capability to deal with initially)
Maurice
Maurice
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 3/5/2023

Mailchimp, a good but basic email marketing platform for online marketeers.

Overall, Mailchimp is a great tool to get started in the online marketing world. Also, once you get used to the workings of Mailchimp in general, switching to the paid version can be a good choice.

Pros

The free tier in Mailchimp is packed with valuable features. You can set up a solid online marketing campaign, with good email templates, and get great results in no time.Adding sign-up forms to your website and/or create landing pages is added in the free tier, and you can even create your own website!

Cons

Mailchimp feels a bit off. It is difficult to explain, but it feels old. Doing simple tasks in Mailchimp, like editing a landing page or email, should be simple, but it feels difficult.This has to do with the fact that the logic behind the settings and where they are located, sometimes is not intuitive.

MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

At the time, Convertkit had a different free tier, where you could only add a couple of hundred email subscribers. Mailchimp offered (at the time) a lot more, up towards 2000. Also, the addition of hosting a website on Mailchimp made it even better.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I did end up choosing for both. Now, I use Mailchimp with a couple of my clients, and use Mailerlite for my personal campaigns.It really differs from person to person, it seems. Some like Mailchimp and some like Mailerlite. Both have great free tiers, so I usually let them decide.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Great quality for the investment

Overall our experience with MailChimp was a good one. I think it is a perfect platform to get going on to build your audiences and find your groove. Just know that you will outgrow this platform and your need for more advanced features will push you to a different service. If you want to use some semi-advanced features of most enterprise ESP's, you will ned to utilize additional middleware to accomplish this. But MailChimp is a great return for the investment.

Pros

MailChimp continues to improve and add enterprise type features that you would normally pay much more for with other ESP's. Features that we get the most out of are the automations, transactional service (Mandrill), and store syncing to pull customer data and purchase behaviors into MailChimp for segmentation and triggers. We have been with MC for years and each year it continues to get better. The custom short codes we can use for personalization are very helpful in creating campaigns that are unique to the individuals that are receiving them.

Cons

While they continue to advance, this ESP is still along way from an enterprise solution. The syncing is great, when is works properly. MailChimp does not actually provide the connection with different shopping carts and instead relies on third-party app developers to provide this. This leads to a bunch of issues trying to get support because each wants to point the finger at the other.

Mandrill is a great service for transaction sends, but it was combined with paid MailChimp accounts awhile ago instead of a standalone service. Wish they would have kept it separate because there is much more potential on its own.

I don't like that you can not combine template types when creating a new campaign/automation. You have to either select a pre-made template or code your own. I wish it had the ability to do both.
While the automations are a must have in today's world, and they are continuing to improve them, there is still a long way to go with these in my opinion to catch up to other ESP's.

Amy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Pros

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

Shayne
Shayne
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/2/2019

Expensive but Effective! The first Newsletter tool that comes to mind.

MailChimp is quite a popular tool that is frequently used by budding enterprises because of it's generous Freemium model. I started using MailChimp around 3 years ago and I've never been happier. This tool helped me understand where I went wrong with my campaigns, improve them and made me save a LOT of money by deciding not to hire a separate design team. After using it for a few months, I realized that switching to one of MailChimp's paid models would benefit me way more.

Pros

1) Template Compatibility: The templates that you choose in MailChimp are optimized to fit on all screen sizes. Whether the recipient has a smartphone, a desktop, a laptop or even a tablet, your content will be delivered to him/her the way you want it to be.
2) Scope for better future campaigns: What I mean by this is - MailChimp gives you an edge or an insight into how your campaigns are doing. Based on the statistic report, you can refine and optimize your campaigns and make them more effective.
3) Engendering Interaction: Creating a Survey or a User Form has never been easier.
4) No HTML knowledge required: As I mentioned earlier, MailChimp has a myriad of optimized templates to choose from which helps you become much more creative with your campaigns. There is no need for a separate Design Team unless you don't already like the templates that are available.

Cons

1) User Interface: MailChimp does have a user-friendly interface(s). However, the problem is that they change the User Interface every time they roll in a new update. Yes, this will be easy to master in a short while, but that still requires a NewsLetter team to get accustomed to the new interface. This wastes a lot of time.
2) Zero Tolerance to Affiliate Marketers: If you're an affiliate marketer and you've just stumbled upon MailChimp, turn the other way. I'm not sure what the penalties are but I know they're quite severe.
3) Expensive: Though the Freemium version of MailChimp is rather generous, the paid subscriptions can surely burn a hole in your pocket when you find yourself wanting to send more emails and build your subscription list.

Emeka
Emeka
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

MailChimp made email marketing very easy and cheap

I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's been so amazing. It's so amazing that I've adopted it as the email marketing software of choice even when I'm teaching my digital marketing students.

Being very easy to learn, easy to use, and also free to start, I've kept recommending it to people. It's such an awesome software.

Pros

MailChimp is an email marketing software. I so much love this software for so many reasons. These reasons include:

1. Easy to learn: MailChimp was the very first email marketing software I used. Even though I was only a newbie in email marketing when I started using it, it was so easy for me to learn.

2. Easy to use: Using MailChimp for email marketing is very easy. It has templates that only need to be edited to give beautiful email outlook. There's no need to do html coding of the email - this could have needed some technical know-how.

3. Landing Page Builder: With MailChimp I'm able to build landing pages for products. I didn't need a website to build a landing page. I used MailChimp for that.

4. Facebook Integration: It's possible to Integrate Facebook to MailChimp. This is very easy. No programming knowledge is required. By integrating Facebook to MailChimp, it was very easy to run Facebook adverts for custom and lookalike audiences using my email subscribers list. It's also easy to run Facebook adverts with lead generation objective right from MailChimp.

5. Free to start: Something very beautiful about MailChimp is that it can allow a user to have up to 2,000 subscribers, and be able to send up to 12,000 emails per month on the free mode. This was very helpful as I never had to spend any money on email marketing for my startup. MailChimp helped me save cost.

6. Analytics: MailChimp have provision for email analytics. This helped me measure some metrics.

Cons

Not withstanding all those benefits, I have some things I don't like about MailChimp.

1. Affiliate marketing: I'm also an affiliate marketer. I've read that MailChimp is not very kind to affiliate marketers. They imposed a very strict measure on the type of product to be marketed. This has made me not to consider it in my affiliate marketing venture.

2. Cost on the long run: Another thing is that after a business has exceeded the 2,000 subscribers, or 12,000 emails per month benchmark on the free mode, one will have to purchase a package to keep using the software.

Apart from those two cons, MailChimp is generally an awesome email marketing software.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple...

Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool.

Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost.

Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete.

Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting.

API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage.

They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair.

Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Pros

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing.

What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software.

The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from.

There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers.

What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons

MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other.

Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them.

A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this.

Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 8/1/2022

Simple, Customizable & Cost Effective

Pros

When we first started looking for mass-mailing software about 8 years ago, there were very few 'cloud' solutions - with many sending hundreds of emails from our home/small-business connection. Aside from the lacklustre options provided by those programs - it also wasn't ideal to be sent from an IP address we had little control over at the time (now we've moved to an enterprise-grade static fibre line this is less of an issue). However, before we landed on Mailchimp we'd first use a program to design the newsletter and then copy the static HTML into our 'send' program to mass deliver - this left a lot to be desired, and with Mailchimp being one of the first to streamline this process meant we could offer personalised emails - and also offload a huge amount of work on our end.

Cons

There are very few negatives that I'd have about Mailchimp, I think most of mine are to do with integrations - and all of those issues have been on the integrators side rather than Mailchimps. Very occasionally I've had issues with the web editor, but its auto-saving and normal stability have more than made up for those issues.