About UKG Pro

UKG Pro is a powerful, global HCM solution. Transform your business with a truly connected global workforce experience delivered through resilient and mindful HR technology. From payroll to talent, to service delivery, to...

Browse UKG Pro Reviews

Jacob P. Jacob P.

Good, but not perfect

UKG is beneficial to our organization and if you are able to put in the time up front, you can make things work to your advantage. Once you understand the system, it is easy to use. However, it does take work up front.

Pros

The time management program, as well as the ability to manage employee information and benefits.

Cons

The reporting function could be improved. At the very least, more training sources could be beneficial for the BI functionality.

Anita J. Anita J.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

Overall, am satisfied.

Pros

Visual appeal
Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7!
Highly customizable

Cons

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par.

There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Manual integration between talentReef and Paychex was error-prone and not sustainable for our growth.

talentReef
Leah G. Leah G.

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

UKG Pro Review

UKG pro allows you to clock into work form remote locations, check your time sheet and schedule from home and even request time of at anytime of the day. this really brings your workforce into the 21st century!

Pros

UKG Pro is very versatile, easy to access, and even easier to use as a daily tool in the workplace for both employers and employees.

Cons

there really isn't much to not like about UKG Pro, as an user and not an administrator I am sure there's many more tools and option I don't know of but it has always worked correctly for me.

Top UKG Pro Alternatives

Chris T. Chris T.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Solid, robust application

We are able to centrally manage almost all aspects of employees through this powerful application, virtually eliminating the need for spreadsheets and other documents used to track employees.

Pros

The true value in UltiPro is in the powerful IBM Cognos Business Intelligence reporting system which provides powerful reporting metrics on almost anything you could imagine. There are many out of the box reports pre-configured and you can build your own to meet your individual customized business needs. It's highly reliable and customer support is great.

Cons

The application has limited flexibility in some areas which makes going 100% paperless difficult. It lacks some if this then that type situations which would greatly improve functionality.

Anthony M. Anthony M.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

From standard to high performing

Excellent, the best thing was the merger with Kronos, it catapulted UKG in a higher performance bracket with Workday .

Pros

The constant improvement making it more user friendly, ease for HR Core, set up, work flows
the world evolves with technology advancing every year, UKG must constantly update keeping up with the changes in modern working, technology updates.

Cons

The BI reporting is not user friendly, getting in touch with a BI specialist is not easy,
there is just some functions that a client is not certain about that makes decision making a bit difficult
it is easy to read up on a basic function but some need more detail

Ashley T. Ashley T.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Paperless system

UltiPro has completely changed to the way we as a company perform. Everything is more streamlined and allows us to track the progress electronically versus attempting to reach out via phone. The system has allowed us a company to move forward with a paperless movement.

Pros

We converted to this system in January 2016 and were 100% paper. Two years later and we are almost 100% paperless. This system has a number of resources that allow you to structure your organization.

Cons

The overall conversion process was confusing because we were coming into a system that was already setup. The integration team assumed that we knew everything about the system and several functions were setup incorrectly. However, after they were found it was fairly simple to fix.

Jazmine F. Jazmine F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

UltiPro has been amazing!

I really enjoy using UltiPro! It is easy to use, if I need help I get it fast, and all my information is in one place!

Pros

UltiPro makes it easy to track your employment, employee information, income, T4, and a whole lot more. This makes it easy to do most things yourself like printing your payslips, changing your address, etc.

This software is secure and navigation around the site is extremely user friendly. I have never had such access to my employment records before it has been so beneficial.

Another thing that has been amazing is the customer service. It is always fast and efficient.

Cons

having to put in a code every time you log in can be a little annoying but I know it is for the safety of my information. There is an option to pause the codes on the device you are using for 30 days which is helpful!

Travis T. Travis T.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/4/2017

Best HR solution I have used

Having used several competitors in this space, Ultipro provided a clear advantage in terms of simplicity, functionality & overall value. I (hopefully) will never have to use another.

Pros

elegant design; tasks are easy to complete and due to minimal unnecessary steps. Customer service to this point has been impeccable, especially for such a big player in the space

Cons

same complaint I have with all solutions of this kind: too many unnecessary steps. Ultipro (like all others) could be simplified and streamlined.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Travis, Thank you for providing us with feedback. We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. We appreciate the kind words you shared. Have a great day!

Micole Kaye, Ultimate Software

Replied 27/4/2017
Tom K. Tom K.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Lots of info available and flexible.

My experience is as a generic user. I don't need all that this software is capable of, and don't use every feature. I believe some features were not implemented, so clicking on certain things doesn't do anything, which is frustrating when trying to do a simple thing like see your vacation totals. MOST annoying is having to change my password every couple of months. Why? And you can't reuse any passwords. Maybe these things are customized.

Pros

Lots of info at my fingertips. Can make changes to my personal info without bothering HR staff. Able to see current paystubs, past, and vacation info at any time of day, and it's updated at least every week. A very complex, but complete application as far as I can see. But that doesn't always make it easy to use.

Cons

Slow to use. Hard to navigate and find what I want. Things are not laid out logically. Abbreviations and terms are cryptic and illogical. They may make sense to the designer, but not to the rest of us. I suppose most of these function are custom, so perhaps the software company should not be blamed. Clicking on some tabs or buttons opens a blank page or folder. Overall, it takes way too long to find things and use the software. It takes 4 or 5 mouse clicks just to print a paystub, for instance. And there's no way to print a range of them. If there are shortcuts to these types of things, they are not obvious or shown.

Jeremie G. Jeremie G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 26/1/2019

Gets the job done

I used it every day for four years and I got used to it. Despite how used to it I was, it still gave me issues with small things like PTO requests. That being said, they also made some helpful updates that made life easier. Before the updates, it would allow me to clock on or off twice by mistake, but after the updates it gave a warning saying "you've already clocked on" if you tried to clock on again. Nifty.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and I can favorite certain items to keep on my dashboard for easy clicking.

Cons

Submitting Paid Time Off requests was a nightmare. It often times messed up what I was trying to do, and it almost always gave some sort of error.

Kayla J. Kayla J.

Pretty Good Software

Pros

I like how easy it is to use as an admin and user.

Cons

There are some issue I encounter that get passed around a lot and still aren't solved. Some feature can be more user0friendly like the time and attendance side.

Felicia D. Felicia D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Ultipro is a great Platform!

Ultipro is an awesome product and Ultimate software is a great company. They want to provide a great customer experience. It is nice they also have so many partners you can work with to ensure all your systems are integrated.

Pros

Ultipro offers a comprehensive range of products. They stay are constantly working to improve or change their system as needed with changes in laws or customer needs. It is easy to use. You can customize it.

Cons

The Business Intelligence is good but you have to be knowledgeable to really use it other than running basic reports.

Allison C. Allison C.

Recruiting & Onboarding

The Recruiting process has been much smoother compared to the former Recruitment product. Onboarding has become much easier, especially having the documents upload.

Pros

We've been using Recruiting & Onboarding for a little over 2 years now. Overall, it's a good product.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to share candidate pools, modify the automated email which is sent with Offers , and make it possible to add application questions and keep them in a fixed position so that the list doesn't move around each time an edit is made.

Ethan G. Ethan G.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

Decent Employee Management Software

I use Ultipro as an employee to manage my personal info and view compensation for which it works well. Some tasks take more steps than they could and sometimes contain important buttons that are not immediately obvious, the functionality is overall intuitive for most individuals.

Pros

Ultipro packs in a lot of useful information into a relatively simple design that allows access to many features from a small webpage footprint. Virtually all information can be accessed from the main menu which makes navigation very concise. Additionally access to the recently visited menu makes viewing commonly used pages easy to find.

Cons

When using Ultipro for the first time, it takes a bit of orienting to find the tabs the user is looking for. Most links are found in the main menu which requires opening and moving past the default favorites tab to access the links. While making the favorites tab the first may seem intuitive, the relatively small amount of links in the "myself" menu makes it confusing to users at first. Ultipro also seems to allow quite a lot of customization from the company operating the application which can leave it feeling barren or overly simple but still functional.

Kerron M. Kerron M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Lots of Options Available, Including Employee Personalization

I like its versatility, but the app is clunky. The way we use it is simple, and I wish we could implement more features that Ultipro offers. It's also widely enough used that occasionally new hires will have used it previously.

Pros

When you first log in, you can go to your own, personalized dashboard. To set this up, the employee "favorites" the categories they want to show on their dashboard. I work where we only use this for time entry, and it's set up the way we like to report time. There are options for a "clock-in/clock-out" timesheet as well. We simply enter the hours and pick a category to which our time gets allotted. (jobs, projects, pay type such as PTO, Work from Home, Company Meetings, etc). This way, the company can track the way each employee's time is being used.

Cons

There are many options we don't use and they still show in the menu, making it a little confusing for onboarding. Although clocking time away from a computer is convenient, the app is a little clunky when it comes to this. It's much easier on the computer. I wish the app were more intuitive and fluid.

Lori H. Lori H.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

User friendly, integrated system

Many - ease of use, access to consolidated info.

Pros

integration between platforms; user friendly/intuitive; invest back in customer development through workshops, etc. Good training.

Cons

Some limitations requiring expensive custom fixes. It is not cheap, but it is also a quality product

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience with us. I just wanted to let you know I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a great day!

Replied 9/11/2017
Jason M. Jason M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Ultipro Review

Other than no autosave in certain situations, I have no issues.

Pros

Ultipro is relatively easy to go to one selection to another. The programs allows me to view my pay to the amount of hours I have of PTO. Its great to have everything together in program.

Cons

When writing reviews and leaving the program idle for a certain period of time, the program will close and you will lose any data that wasn't saved.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Basic HR database that isn't very user friendly, robust or customizable.

It works well as a database when your enter data into it and it doesn't do much more.

Pros

There is some interesting core functionality but, overall, the product isn't very user-friendly or intuitive, compared to social media tools and enterprise level software like Workday. There are a lot of software limitations as it appears that the tool has multiple separate modules that don't necessarily communicate well with each other, nor is the implementation team familiar with how to best optimize each tool. If you're looking for a basic HR database, where folks input or enter data manually, this might be for you. If you're looking for a robust and intelligent system that can be customized to adapt to employees' needs, this likely isn't the right fit.

Cons

The implementation team and support is poor to say the least. Rather than taking a solution-focused approach, where they could help you best utilize the tool and maximize its impact, they simply have you answer a laundry list of questions and they program the tool based on your answers. In my experience, the tool is not incredibly easy to use, not very flexible and, should you need to make modifications, you'll be struggling to do so with the implementation/service team.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to work with you to see if we can improve your experience with us. If you're interested in my assistance, please email [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Replied 1/5/2018

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

I used UltiPro as an HR Generalist, and the software is great!

Pros

Online portal is easy to navigate and use for self service, and the reporting capabilities are phenomenal. Excel based customizable reports for almost anything.

Cons

Back office is a little bit clunky to use when first learning, but after getting used to it, it's not an issue.

Response from Ultimate Software

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed leveraging UltiPro. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Replied 20/4/2018

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Great application that handles all HR needs!

Pros

Great application that can handle payroll, documents, review processing, and benefits selection. Easy to use and can handle any number of users across any size business.

Cons

Difficulty to find things sometimes. Could be the way it is set up for my company. Wish I could set up my dashboard the way I want it to look instead of a single dashboard view for the entire company.

Jaculin T. Jaculin T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Even A Non-Techy Person Benefits From UKG

Benefits: Ability to easily track and manage WC injuries. We are still working on our LOA offering, and I look forward to that being available soon.

Pros

Easy to use once the bugs were worked out of it. Our contact person was great in explaining things.

Cons

Not as "instant user friendly" as it could be. A fair amount of training is taking place to introduce employees to benefits of program.

Jan F. Jan F.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

Keeps Track of EVERYTHING

Pros

I love that fact that this is a one-stop software that can keep track of everything I need for myself for work (Ex: Time cards, Reviews, PTO and Pay Stubs). I can access it on a daily basis and it's up-to-date.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that I can't use it for my personal use. I would love this to hold all my important documents from home.

Terria S. Terria S.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/6/2020

Payroll

It software did not do the best job in my opinion concerning all of the aspects that a payroll company should offer its clients.

Pros

I liked the fact that I was able to access my payroll statements, request time off, and view my W2.

Cons

This software at times displayed the incorrect number of days off. I have known coworkers to be paid the incorrect wage. I also did not like when we first began using the software it was very easy to be get locked out of the program and difficult in the beginning to access the account if you where locked out.

Timothy G. Timothy G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Great Payroll and PTO Tracker

Great for tracking my employee hours and my own PTO/ pay.

Pros

You can access your payroll info, attendance/ hours, and request or view PTO all within this application.

Cons

Some of the benefits are hidden under a couple of drop downs and I would like a prominent button on the homepage for them.

Robert O. Robert O.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Ultipro review

I use it everyday to administer payroll and timesheets

Pros

I like the ease of access and that it connects to TurboTax which makes it easier for my employees to do theirs

Cons

Password reset it seems to not allow employees to reset their password which can be frustrating for admins