Lightyear Reviews

Visit Website

About Lightyear

Lightyear is an industry-leading cloud platform providing intelligent automation solutions for large SMEs & Enterprise level Purchasing & Accounts Payables processes. Designed to work across all industries, our end-to-end...

4.8
4.8

Browse Lightyear Reviews

Reviewed on 24/3/2021

Terrific Service and a Continually Improving Product

Overall, it's been fantastic. There is no such thing as a perfect system, but it is the people behind the software which really impress me. The fact that when things go awry, it is so easy to open the instant chat and speak to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a great touch. The service is paramount. I've had issues which were solved overnight which comes to show they really do listen.

Pros

Lightyear is visually pleasing-it's quite simple to use and understand. From the user perspective who inputs data on invoices and approves them, it's straightforward and the layout of the software does not show you more than what you need to see, however, underneath the simple processes there is complexity. Lightyear makes supplier creation, GL code settings linked to export files such as Excel, and GST codes etc are somehow made simple to set up. One thing I find particularly great is whenever I input an ABN number during the Supplier Creation process, it autofills the Supplier Name field. Additionally, this is a drop down menu, so i am able to choose ANY of the Business Names linked to this ABN.

Cons

Sometimes, there have been system bugs and I'm unable to export data for a brief amount of time, or when we top up credits to use the system, the old credits are not rolled over their expiry date. It would be great if there was a notification in place to let us know that our credits are expiring soon or we are running low. Also, there are some things which cannot be customised. For example, the Export to File which is a function that exports invoice data into a spreadsheet, cannot be modified from my end. Lightyear do add features from time to time, but I'm not sure if consumer recommendations are actually involved in the process.

Lloyd

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

Great Support

We've been using Light Year for a little while now. It's been a little up and down with the uptake from our clients as some are of a more traditional mindset and do not want to convert to paperless. Some clients also take a little longer to acclimate to the system then others, but once setup and working, each client on light year improves efficiency by about 20%.

More over, the support and continued patience of the team at Light Year, especially Tom, has been astounding. Due to job changes, they've helped train any and all staff as we've seen fit. Have listened to ideas, and implemented workarounds where possible, truly making this a system we can use above other similar products.

They also offer that support to our clients who may otherwise be struggling and are always on hand 24/7 to call, video conference or chat online to anyone who needs assistance.

Pros

The support from the team is fantastic and are always on hand to help and assist.
Feedback and suggestions on the system are welcomed and implemented if possible and useful.
Invoices no longer need manually entering!
Option to automate the process of receiving invoices entirely, doing away with any need to upload - instead just get them emailed directly into Light Year.

Cons

A few of the options appear to be placed on pages I wouldn't expect, but nothing particularly bad.

EzzyBills , Dext Prepare and AutoEntry

Reasons for Switching to Lightyear

The other options were either underdeveloped, or offered no a very strict, uncompromising service that did not fit within our company. They also relied too heavily on OCR. Light Year while newer than some of it's competitors, chose a different approach and worked with us to see if their solution could help, and even added and updated features to make it fit more into our company.

Response from Lightyear

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Great to hear how that the support team has been fantastic. We will pass this along to them.

Rachael

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

Time Saver

Charlie has been great and customer service has been very quick in replying and solving questions. Approval processing is working well, overall happy.

Pros

The Manager function has worked well for us as we have offices in different locations which has made the approval of invoices more efficient.
Easy to see where the approval process is up to.
Exporting invoices to our accounting system is great.
Also like the audit trail feature.

Cons

We haven't used the PO system yet but looking forward to the enhancements that will suit the way we use them. Yes they have listened to us and adding options to suit our business.

Top Lightyear Alternatives

Manuel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 15/3/2024

Great service

Pros

“Great experience with Lightyear so far, extremely helpful software that saved me heaps of time and paper.

Very user friendly and easy to communicate with the rest of out team.

Support is very knowledgeable and quick in reply.

Highly recommended to all business.”

Cons

“There is not downside with the software. Surely there will constant updates and look forward for it”

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Lightyear works as promised

Lightyear provided more accurate invoices from different kinds of suppliers and minimised the need for manual input, provides transparency as all the history is included with the bill and allow for Approvers to view the invoices for their area so provides confidentiality and saves them time.
Staff skills and time can be used more productively on more than inputting invoices.

Pros

Every step of the process has been excellent and the ongoing support has continued to be excellent.
The initial contact was responsive and guided through the set up to allow us start processing quickly.
The product is logical to follow and easy to view and provides options every step of the way.
The data extraction is very accurate and adaptable to different supplier invoices and the mapping team is very quick. This is more accurate than our previous software.
To email queries from within Lightyear saves so much time and hassle looking for emails and provides great transparency.
Separation of users to their department only
Choosing where we export to Xero has been essential to facilitate approval levels
Lightyear continues to improve their
Service to queries has been responsive and solutions are specific to our company using information and not a regurgitating the help function.

Cons

There is a lot of functionality and detail so can be a little overwhelming.
Support videos and notes focus on administrators but could find information on guiding from the other user roles perceptive after initial guide when first login

Response from Lightyear

Many thanks for the review. Great to hear that you are finding the data-extraction to be more accurate and quicker than your previous supplier.

Justin

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Efficient, intelligent and easy-to-use

The team at Lightyear are hospitality-experienced and so empathise and comprehend my business and the daily problems I need to resolve. They are fantastic to deal with - grounded, patient (I test them on this), understanding and always willing to help and train. They are more than a supplier - they are a true business partner, with the best interests of my business as their main concern (even if it means cutting themselves short a few dollars here and there). A great company to have on your side, and an inspirational team to work with.

Pros

Once set up, it's a one-stop-shop for invoice receipt, accounts payable and receivable reconciliation, cost management, and business information. It is intuitive and simple to use, extremely cost-effective and takes out some of the most mundane and laborious tasks so I have more time to work on improving my business and keeping front-of-house. I could not recommend it more highly.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about this product - I am overly happy to have it as part of my suite of tools.

Response from Lightyear

Many thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that you are taking full advantage of Lightyear.

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

Accounts Payable Perfection

Extremely happy.

Pros

Lightyear allows us to easily manage the accounts payable process across our entire client base. It's unqiue mapping extraction process as well as logical flow of information, clean user interface, filing cabinet, approval process, inventory and duplicate recognition make it in my opinion the best accounts payable solution on the market. There support team is second to none.

Cons

Integrations with more POS programs or even job management programs would only increase Lightyears potential.

Hubdoc , Dext Prepare and Datamolino

Reasons for Switching to Lightyear

The additional functionality and accuracy of the extraction process/technology.

Response from Lightyear

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear that you are taking full advantage of LIghtyear. We are always working on new integrations and more are coming soon.

Debra

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Game Changer

Simplifying the approval process

Pros

Having data extraction & approval within one system is a game changer for us.
The approval process is simple to use once you spend the time to set it up.
The Keyword feature works really well when working with multiple locations.
The mobile phone app is easy to use and easy to switch between companies.

Cons

No ability on the mobile app to add a note to the receipt/invoice and no feature for multiple page or long receipts / invoices.

EzzyBills

Reasons for Choosing Lightyear

Needed an all in one app for bill approval & accounts payable automation

Hubdoc and Dext Prepare

Reasons for Switching to Lightyear

Single e-mail address for incoming bills Mobile phone app easier to use Approval process easier to set up
Kamil
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 21/6/2021

A great product that's getting even better with every update

Pros

First of all, Lightyear is a standalone application that you can, but don't have to integrate with your accounting software. Second of all, strightaway you know the costs of adding it to your business. The price list is on their website and it's fair.
The setup did require some thinking about workflows and user experience, so I took my time there.
But once the suppliers and maps are set up and automation rules kick in, the whole AP process becomes much less painful. I almost enjoy it now ;). The most important features like reading the invoices, accurately mapping them, and assigning them to correct approvers work very well. It saves time, effort and annoyances. The Lightear support team is a very helpful and friendly bunch. I even did a small survey among colleagues and asked what they thought of Lightyear. No surprise - everyone likes it. I highly recommend this product!

Cons

No option to add multiple attachments to invoice at once.

Adobe Acrobat Sign

Reasons for Switching to Lightyear

It's standalone and doesn't need costly integrations with accounting software or involving IT support.
Patrick
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Extremley Powerfull and Efficient Accounts Payable System

The experience with Lightyear to date has been exceptional. From initial engagement, implementation, and ongoing support has been flawless. Guidance and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Lightyear have been brilliant and I look forward to continuing working with Lightyear and the team on implementing other workstreams coming up (i.e., P/O Processing).

Pros

- Invoice Processing: Significant amount of time saved for me to focus on other aspects of the business, with confidence, knowing that I have accurately captured and processed all invoices.- Security: bank fraud detection is a very powerful feature of the lightyear system as well as its ability to flag duplicate invoices.- Support: the Lightyear team are incredible. From implementation to processing/mapping support, Lightyear are unreal.

Cons

N/A: We have currently used Lightyear for < 6 months but have explored a significant amount of its functionality and capability, which has been an incredibly positive experience for myself and the business.

Tipalti

Reasons for Switching to Lightyear

Far superior invoice processing functionality and advanced P/O system that could not be matched on quality and price.

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Lightyear - great product, easy implementation, great value and top notch customer support!

AP Automation was long overdue within our organisation. Lightyear ticks the boxes for us in terms of automation and improving our processes, particularly in an international organisation working in multiple timezones.

Would thoroughly recommend you are least trial the product - no cost if you don't like, but I'll be surprised if you turn back!

Pros

Not much not to like! The fact that you can have a month's free trial to test it out and set everything up is brilliant. It meant we could trial the product at no cost (including excellent support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] ). Although there was paid implementation assistance (cheap!) available I was able to set the whole thing up without having to resort to that (the customer support team is on hand 24/7 to help with any issues).

The product is not that mature - which could be seen as a downside. However, the Lightyear team is so responsive that it doesn't actually come across that way. Most of the niggles that I had at the beginning (just over 6 months ago) have already been resolved through the regular product updates, and I have confidence that the remainder will be resolved in due course.

The product is very easy to set-up and use (as evidenced by being self-implemented). We have implemented in four locations, and once you understand how things work, it only really takes a couple of hours of setup to do each new location.

Cons

Given the nature of the rapid development of the product, there is still some work to be done to rationalise all the features (e.g. 'Edit Bill' permissions were add retrospectively to the 'Task Approver' role, so they don't integrate in a completely cohesive manner with the interface). However, I understand that the team are proactively working on that aspect.

Merran

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

Accounts Payable Game Changer

Kudos to Team Lightyear for delivering a full range Accounts Payable solution in a simple and effective package. After researching a number of similar products, we implemented Lightyear over a year ago and it has transformed the way we manage our suppliers across all business divisions. Automation ensures integrity of data flows and authorisations through all our core systems and provides a comprehensive audit trail for every document - from when it was received from the supplier, across every interaction and through to our accounting system. Data processing time has halved and all users can source information directly through the simple online document storage feature.

Implementation was seamless and the team managed to deliver the entire product remotely and in record time. Support is strong and fast, and I love seeing continued enhancements and new features in the software. I recommend Lighyear to my peers often - a great solution for any business.

Pros

Simplicity - easy for non-finance users to navigate
Clear audit trail on all interactions with documentation
Very cost efficient

Cons

I would like to see a bounced email feature when a supplier directs their invoice to a slightly incorrect email address - as far as I can see, if the Lightyear email address is incorrect, neither the supplier or the receiving entity is aware

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

A really good accounts payable software.

I really like how user friendly this software is. It helps me be more productive and I understand it enough now that I can easily introduce interns to it. Being able to integrate with different accounting software is a bonus and a real time saver. I also really enjoy going paperless so my work is accurate and there are no lost documents. I would like for Lightyear to work on the lag when integrating but other than that I would definitely recommend this software.

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is and if I am ever stuck then support is always available. I have been able to save a lot of time and train a few interns with Lightyear. Being able to access old invoices in the online archive is great too. The statement reconciliation process has finally allowed me to go completely paperless which makes my work more accurate.

Cons

At times syncing with Netsuite lags so it takes a bit longer to sync.

Sharon

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Lightyear

It's saved a lot of time for my business and it works for all of my clients. I have some interstate clients and it's a speedy way to agree and make payments on daily invoices coming through for approval etc. We can all view the same invoice at the same time if there is an issue and easily resolve then and there.

Pros

I love that all my actions can be taken out in one place - it's stores/archives all information received and is easily searched upon.

Cons

I would like to see an option to archive 'Service Reports' - it's not always just invoices and statements that come through but often a 'supporting' document that I don't like to delete.

Erin

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Lightyears Ahead!

Very happy with Lightyear and the efficiencies in processing up to 500 invoices per week in our various businesses. Even when we switched to Microsoft Dynamics (ERP system) Because it is so user friendly I was able to customise the export format with little fuss.
Support have always been very helpful, from our migration (Invitbox to Lightyear) and any queries that our team have. We have developed a really good relationship with the team.
It continues to work very well for our operations, I wouldn't consider changing and have no hesitations in recommending the product.

Pros

The ease of use. We have varying levels of computer literacy across the group, and I haven't had any complaints or confusion about the product.

Cons

some times the mapping/mapping requests can cause delays in processing.
though this would be a problem in any like system.

Melanie

Reviewed on 24/9/2021

Lightyear -very easy to use and saves time and printing . User friendly .

Pros

Software is very easy to use and to understand. Screens provide relevant invoice information.
Corrections on invoices can be made easily if required by the user.
Adding notes to invoices is very helpful for future reference.
Looking up archived invoices is also very useful. Creditors statements can also be stored so no need to print them.
Setting up new users is very easy and quick.
Invoices that need to be mapped by Lightyear are mapped in a timely manner .
There are regular improvements and updates on Lightyear which benefit the user.

Cons

Hard code description against suppliers when it is always the same description that needs to be entered

Kathleen
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

Lightyear saves you time for sure

We've been using Lightyear since it started. We find it very helpful and easy to use. It keeps a tax record of all our supplier bills in one location and sends a copy of the bill to Xero so that the process owner can see it when reviewing it to approve for payment.

Pros

Having Lightyear enables us to do in minutes what used to take hours of manual data entry to enter suppliers bills into our accounting software.

Cons

I find it annoying that I have to set up a supplier in Xero, raise a test bill, then pull that back into Lightyear to set up a supplier in Lightyear.

Response from Lightyear

Hello Kathleen, Many thanks for your excellent review. There should be an easier way to setup new suppliers between us and Xero. One of the team will reach out.

Tamara

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Life is easier with Lightyear!

Pros

The integration was seamless - around the clock support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team meant that we were up and running immediately. Our invoice storage and processes pre-lighyear were quite complex and very time consuming. Since we started Lightyear, I have saved atleast 4 hours a week in wages.

I like that our bookkeepers have instant access and can export invoices within seconds. We run two entities and I was able to create a sister company at no extra cost.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. If I could add one function, it would be to add the ability to mark an invoice as paid. As we don't have direct access to our companies MYOB account, this would be handy but I realize this is not the case for majority of users.

Matt

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Accounts Payable - sorted

Been using Lightyear since it launched, and their previous product invitbox before that. Can't believe we processed paper bills for so long.

Pros

This is the simplest software we know. It just works. Chefs approve food bills, Marketing Managers approve marketing bills etc. Data extraction and approvals workflow in one. Plus the price-checker means we don't get overcharged. Love it. Local support. Easy setup. Would highly recommend.

Cons

none to be honest. This does more than anything in market, at a similar price.

Response from Lightyear

Hi Matt. Thank you for the review and great to hear you are enjoying Lightyear

Replied 8/1/2020
Alistair

Reviewed on 15/1/2020

Fantastic Product

Pros

Have always found Lightyear to be a terrific and easy to use product. Dual authorisation of bills is something that many products do not have and the data extraction is very fast and accurate.

Cons

It can sometimes have speed issues and lag.

Response from Lightyear

Hi Alistair, Many thanks for your review. We are delighted that you are finding the combination of data-extraction and authorisation of bills to be a game changed for your organisation.

We are continuing to work on the speed issues that some users are experiencing and we have major updates for this planned over the next month. Stay tuned.

Thanks, Eoin

Replied 16/1/2020
DONNA
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Time Saving

Purchase invoices, time saving

Pros

This is so beneficial for our purchase invoices. Saves so much entry work. Customer service is fast on chat and if need be the issue can be discussed over the phone. Which I find most useful. Customer service always helpful and will fix up the problem via joining your screen if needed

Cons

Credit expiry is not warned when it is coming to an expiry point.

Nance

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

Fantastic Product

Lightyear saves hours of data entry, allows for multi-level approvals throughout a company and exports seamlessly with Xero.

Pros

The ease of set up and use and ability to export automatically to Xero.

Cons

Very little. Initially in the change from Invitbox to Lightyear there were some issues but they have been quickly resolved and in fact Lightyear just gets better and better.

Response from Lightyear

Many thanks for the review Nance. Great to hear how much you are loving Lightyear!!

Replied 12/5/2020
Janelle

Reviewed on 15/2/2024

Lightyear is Great

Pros

Lightyear allows for excellent reporting and intelligence

Cons

The delay in mapping new suppliers, although there is an option to speedily approve.

Lisa

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Lightyear review

Pros

1) End user friendly.
2)The integrity of the data being exported to the accounting software is great.
3) Very helpful support team, always answer queries quickly.

Cons

Feature enhancement - any supplier cards created in lightyear can be automatically created in the accounting systems.

Kenneth

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Excellent Accounts Payable Invoice Processing and Approval Software

Excellent support from their support team
Very user friendly

Pros

Layered and tiered approval process
Simple and easy to use, very user friendly
PDF recognition
Progressive software company that looks to continue to develop its product

Cons

Speed of software can be improved
Can improve on recognition of other file formats