About Sibme

Sibme is a web-based learning management solution that helps organizations streamline process related to content sharing, collaboration, goal-setting and more on a centralized platform. The huddles module enables tutors to share...

4.7

Browse Sibme Reviews

Anique
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Clinical Practice Usage

I think this platform is excellent for clinical practice student teaching and an inductiom program.

Pros

SIBME is very easy to use and the application is user friendly. I love the ease of uploading my videos whether it's recordings from my phone, ipad/tablet or laptop, and share and/or transfer files. I do not use up any data on my personal devices for uploading videos to the SIBME app. This is a big plus for me because I can record a video that's longer than 45 mins AND the quality of my video is not compromised.

SIBME offers a variety of ways to store your work in case you run out of data space you're allotted but the data space is already very large to begin with so this is the least of your worries.

SIBME is an efficient means for working on a collaborative assignment and users can provide and receive instant feedback. Excellent!! My professor can provide specific feedback at time markers on the video so I don't have to spend time scrolling through my video to find exactly what he/she was referencing.

I also love the privacy feature where I can belong to a cohort, but only my coach can see the work I've shared with her and provide feedback only to me.

Cons

Initially, it was a little difficult navigating the system as this learning platform was new to me. However, my university provided step by step protocols of how I should document and share files that is unique to their expectations and I was able to move forward from there.

Viveca

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Great Tool!

The added value from Sibme to our Educator Preparation of our Teacher Candidates.

Pros

Sibme has been extremely helpful in preparing our Teacher Candidates for the classroom. It was very easy to implement and give constructive feedback to our Teacher Candidates. It was so valuable during COVID which no one could have imagined. We were so excited that we had Sibme in place prior to COVID.
The support from Sibme is excellent, professional, the leader and staff are always willing to support with any questions we may have.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say as it relates to Sibme.

Abbie
  • Used for 1+ year

Reality Check

Overall I am please but I need it to function in another capacity so that it becomes more streamlined for teacher use. I would like it to be easier to access and to place videos in the library and share with others.

Pros

Provides a safe environment for teachers and plcs to get a reality check of what their students are doing and how their instructional delivery is impacting student learning.

Cons

It is hard to get videos that capture the room. I have bought Swivl’s but the integration is not the best. I also think it can be confusing on the set-up

Top Sibme Alternatives

Janet

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Excellent choice for our needs

Pros

Sibme is easy to use and works very well for our needs. We have a constant flow of new users into our trainings, so need a platform that is intuitive such that people can get going quickly. Our work is not typical among Sibme users, so we have uncovered some bugs. Technical support from Sibme has been very good at addressing these.

Cons

Data exporting functionality is not that great. Additionally, there should be a 10 second backup/10 second forward option on the scrub bar. The backup feature works too slowly.There should be some way to zoom in on the scrub bar or some other way to address the problem of overcrowding when there are a lot of comments on a video.

Kimberly

Excellent Support

Sibme is a wonderful platform for our Educational Service District to use with coaching elementary teachers around early literacy practices. The support Sibme offers is fantastic. The response time is great and the willingness to explain and problem-solve is extremely helpful.

Pros

The Sibme software makes virtual coaching organized and efficient. I love the ability to review the video clips the teachers send with their time-stamped reflective comments. I can then add my own responses and time-stamped comments. This is a great way to collaborate asynchronously.

Cons

Because Sibme can do so many things, it can be a little challenging to use at first. The more you use it, however, the easier it becomes.

Parisa

Bridging the Gap for Video Observations

Pros

When I can only observe my teachers via video recording, Sibme solves two common logistical problems: 1) not enough storage space or bandwidth to store or upload large video files, and 2) having notes about an observation but losing the spot in a video they’re connected to. When I or a teacher record with Sibme, it uploads to their cloud without using storage or taking a long time to upload or process like on Google Drive. When I comment on the video while observing, it ties my comment to the time stamp on the video. This allows teachers to immediately get my feedback and see for themselves what I’m referring to.

Cons

Using Sibme when most of my teachers are teaching on Zoom has been difficult, but when my teachers go back in person and I can’t be in the classroom with them for safety reasons, it’s a life saver. Navigating the huddles and library can be confusing at first, but once you understand how the folders are organized it’s not an issue.

Lana

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Best platform for virtual instructional coaching

Amazing. They have offered free trials. Stayed connected and been patient and kind as we worked together to form this partnership. I would recommend this company and product to anyone who asks.

Pros

We chose this amazing product because of its ease of use. We loved how it enables collaboration not only one on one but also collaborative teams. The ability to curate our own library of exemplars to share was also a very big plus. The SIBME on boarding was one of the best online trainings I have taken to this date. The teams sequence of teaching allowed us to quickly feel adept at navigating the platform. Customer service is second to none. Very responsive, knowledgeable and kind. We are excited to try the new scheduling integrations. SIBME is in touch with current practice and stays ahead of the innovation curve to provide useful products and services.

Cons

I have not experienced anything to dislike about the product or services that I have received this far.

Cazilda
  • Used for 2+ years

Value Added Coaching

We have been using SIBME for the last 4 years. It is a pleasure working with the SIBME TEAM. They are responsive and take care of issues immediately. Coaches that have found value in video coaching really like using SIBME.

Pros

The software was our answer to saving and learning from video. It gave us a platform to give feedback on line and within the video. We also liked the huddle feature where several folks can join in the conversation to review and give feedback.

Cons

We quickly learned that it was not going to work if we were not all using the same video equipment. Once we knew that, we quickly bought a backpack and all technology for our coaches so they would have the ease of using SIBME.

Diane

Great Customer Service!

My experience has been great especially in the era of long distance learning. The opportunity to be able to view classrooms via video and chat with my students has been an amazing tool.

Pros

The help desk is fantastic and usually responds within minutes of asking a question. Some of the uploads and various huddles may be confusing for both students and administrators. I appreciate the immediate response from Customer Service to offer advice, articles and a solution to any difficulties we have encountered.

Cons

My students struggle a bit with uploading to a huddle and then being able to upload again to the same huddle. Perhaps some more information or an easier format would help.

Michelle
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Must Have!

Overall, I am pleased with the product. If support is needed then the Sibme team is there.

Pros

I love that the software has all of the "bells and whistles" that support my role as a coach to pre-k educators. The program is reasonably priced and the customer service team is dynamic! I look forward to becoming more familiar with the software and onboarding my teaching teams.

Cons

The system is a bit complex and it would be great if there were information icons above some of the features to guide or provide information about the feature. The zoom integration feature has been a challenge to adjust to and is a bit complicated to use. The software may be a bit challenging for those who are not as tech savvy so time will need to be taken during setup and onboarding of teachers and teams. More tutorial videos on YouTube with concrete exampled of how to set up the system would be helpful.

Patricia

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Great Coaching Product

When our administration meets, we spend some of our time discussion instruction and instructional practices. It's one thing to talk about what I have seen in classes as I visit, it's another to show video of the same.
We are also using Sibme as a way to norm our work of observations.

Pros

Sibme is useful when I meet to debrief with teachers about their lessons. I can mark sections of the video that I want to discuss with the teachers and go right to them. Simbe has also become a great library of video artifacts that I can use for professional development.

Cons

Sometimes Sibme won't open on any browser. Not often, but it has happened enough that its a bit of a bother. Closing and reopening the browser usually resolves it, but, bothersome, still.

Jim
  • Used for 2+ years

Timely Solution

Pros

The Sibme platform has allowed our university to quickly adapt to restrictions placed on teacher education programs due to the pandemic. Being able to observe virtually and provide effective feedback remotely has been essential in keeping our teacher education program at a high level. We expect to continue to use the platform once we are past the pandemic as it offers an effective way to coach field students and student teachers that the traditional supervision model does not allow.

Cons

The software has not been difficult to use. Not all schools permit video in the classroom setting and that has been the only roadblock.

Dr. Laura

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Sibme for Video and Data Collection

My overall experience with Sibme for the past years has been very positive. They are a company of integrity and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

We need a secure place for our teacher candidates to easily upload videos, lesson plans, and zoom links. Sibme has been the best option we have used. Not only do they provide a quality product, but their customer service and innovation teams are unmatched.

Cons

Some of candidates have difficulty uploading their video. Usually this is because they are not using the app to record.

Katie
  • Used for 6-12 months

Perfect for Teachers to Lead their own reflections

Pros

The best thing about this is where the videos are stored and how user friendly the platform is. The customer support is very easily accessible. I loved that teachers could record and reflect on their own teaching with tags using a rubric. It was awesome to be able to "see" lessons that were simultaneously happening. In traditional observation formats, you can only "see" one at a time.

Cons

I needed to learn more about how to best utilize it with virtual/distance learning in conjunction with zoom. Maybe this technology exists but it would be great to create a video library for students to access in order to review lessons and/or watch those they missed. It could also help students learn from other teachers who teach the same subject but are not their official teacher for re-looping purposes.

Megan

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Sibme was a lifesaver

Excellent and customer service was outstanding for me

Pros

Time stamp feature and ability to upload other files

Cons

Students using Macbooks had difficulty uploading videos

Suggestions would be:
1. to be able to have a picture in picture opening an attachment while watching a video
2. Better intro and details for student when they being using the program on how to upload videos and use it
3. an email sent to me when a student sent me an email so I know

Alexandria
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Seeing Is Truly Believing

Pros

Sibme has been an invaluable tool for intentional coaching and support! The platform has limited the physical and emotional barriers that sometimes come with conducting classroom observations. Using the video provides users an opportunity to slow the observation down and the time stamped commentary builds a bridge for two way communication and reflection. This technological software has humanized the observation process for the betterment of both our students and teachers.

Cons

Maybe a next level suggestion could be to have a timeline graphic feature for individual huddles that illustrates the activity within the huddle.
It would also be nice to track growth with action steps when using checklists.

Taking Observation and Feedback to the Next Level

My experience with Sibme has been excellent. All members of the organization are professional and customer focused.

Pros

Sibme has helped take our system for observation and feedback to the next level. This tool allows administrators and teachers to see instruction and take actionable next steps to improve outcomes for all students.

Cons

It is difficult to upload observation rubrics from our statewide system (TKES).

Taylor

Great Tool for Teacher Coaching and Building Reflective Practice

Our overall experience with Sibme has bee very positive. Using video observation has helped foster reflective practice in our teaching staff and helped coaches and administrators to collaborate and calibrate even when we can't all be in the same place at the same time.

Pros

Sibme is an easy to use platform that helps teachers and administrators work together to reflect on lessons and improve practice. I love that teachers and admin are able to upload videos and that you can create collaboration groups and a video library of best practices aligned to whatever teacher effectiveness framework you use.

Cons

The usage reports on the admin end can be a little misleading as there is no catch for videos that are uploaded multiple times, so sometimes at first glance it may look like usage is high when in fact it was one video counted 2 or 3 times. That being said, it is pretty easy to go in and run a report to see where there are repeats.

Tia

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review by TB

Pretty good. Easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to put all things in one place.

Cons

Until recently we could not screen capture and this made it very difficult to put items in that we needed to coach and view.
Also, the tab to write tasks on does not order them correctly. Each time you go in you have to reorder them. That is a time waster.

Keri

Amazing Customer Support

Pros

Sibme has made it easy to record, review, reflect, tag, and collaborate on videos of classroom instruction. The app makes uploading, sharing, and getting feedback on videos quick and easy while being FERPA compliant. The customer support and service has been amazing with questions being addressed within minutes. Additionally, the support team takes suggestions and ideas from customers to the development team for improvements to their product.

Cons

Sibme has an option to connect other resources into huddles and goals - but the process is not super user-friendly for connecting resources held within Google apps. They have made some changes to increase ease of use, so hoping more changes in this area are coming.

Tracy

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

SIBME to the Rescue

This software allowed our student teachers to view themselves and offered opportunities for collaboration and reflection.

Pros

When supervisors were restricted from visiting schools due to COVID concerns we needed software that we could use for remote supervision. We had very little time for training and to shift from face to face supervision to remote. SIBME's 101 training was easy to use, the customer service support is amazing, and overall the product does exactly what we needed.

Cons

I wish we had started using this sooner.

Dana

Use Sibme With Easaea

My overall experience with Sibme has been positive. It has allowed me to work with others in a productive and dynamic workspace.

Pros

I most like the video recording and annotating ability.

Cons

I least like the difficulty logging in sometimes. It may take up to 5 attempts.

Melanie
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Sibme has helped our teachers share ideas!

We love it. It's expensive but worth the investment.

Pros

Our admin team was introduced to Sibme at a summer conference, and we thought it would be a great software for our teachers to collaborate and share ideas virtually. They've used it to demonstrate strategies from book studies, and in the place of "Learning Walks" because class coverage can be difficult. It's even more valuable now during the pandemic! Sibme has been a great tool for teachers to invite others into their classrooms and "show" rather than tell.

Cons

There are some pieces of the software that could be more user friendly. The mobile app doesn't have the same capabilities as the website. Always looking for ways to make the process easier on teachers.

Monica
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Able to self-assess

Pros

I like the ability to review my lesson and see what is going on around my classroom when I am not able to see everything that goes on. Such as engagement. I may think that students are engaged or not engaged but their body language tells me otherwise. Then, when reviewing the video I can actually take time to notice how different learners are engaged and processing information differently. I also like the ability to pause and make notes in the videos for self reflection.

Cons

I have not had any problems or dislikes with the software.

Cheryl
  • Used for 1+ year

Review of Sibme

Our overall experience with Sibme has been wonderful. The support has declined a bit since the outset. (Perhaps this is Covid related?)

Pros

I love the training we received to deploy Sibme initially. I also like the reports we receive on a regular basis.

Cons

We have had a bit of trouble with huddles; I receive the highest number of "issues" from faculty regarding huddles.