PayKickstart Reviews

About PayKickstart

PayKickstart is a web-based shopping cart and subscription management software designed to help e-commerce businesses accept payments, convert leads, track affiliate partners, handle taxes and more. Key features include shipping...

Browse PayKickstart Reviews

Krzysztof
Krzysztof

Start with a good kick

Customer support and communication

Pros

Helps to qualify my leads automatically

Cons

There is nothing I would say I don't like or consider as cons

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

PayKickstart is the engine of my business

I started out with Kartra (I love those guys), but they couldn't handle VAT properly. I see this a lot with American software developers. They generally don't understand how the EU works. Then switched to PayKickstart and helped them get this VAT thing right. Which they did. And fast.

I love that they listen to their customers and actually implement the suggestions. I know there's always more ideas and requests than the development team can handle, but they make good progress.

So I'm glad I switched and I look forward to all the improvements that are on the roadmap.

If you want to set up elaborate funnels and upsell sequences, it's a lot of work. Also to get it right in PK. But, once you find your way in the UI and understand how things work, you get faster and faster at it.

Did I say the support is excellent? If not, I'll say it again: their support is excellent :-)

Pros

- GDPR compliant
- Built in VAT processing (important for EU customers and vendors)
- One-click upsells
- Lot's of checkout templates both hosted and embeddable
- Multilingual checkout and email notifications
- Automated retries for failed payments
- API / IPN
- Excellent support
- Friendly people
- Actual implementation of most feature requests

Cons

It's a work in progress, so there are always things users would wish were already in the software. For me, I would like to see the VAT on the invoices (they're already working on that). I would like to see an option for duplicating funnels and campaigns. And more branding options for the affiliate signup. Now what are supposed to be 'my' affiliates become a PK affiliate and may choose to promote my offers (as well as other companies' offers). I would like to see this more brandable.

But no showstoppers here.

russell
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

PayKickStart

I had hoped to make additional revenue through Affiliate Commissions. However, I had a bad experience with the very first company which I made a sale for. The Sale was NOT tracked, and I receive no commissions. I was told that I had to deal with the Vendor, not Paykickstart, but the Vendor never responded to my messages, even though I could prove who the customer was. I was left with the feeling that Paykickstart had no interest in making sure that their customers got paid. I don't think they should be liable for commissions, but I would have liked to have felt that they would take a more active interest in resolving the matter, rather than a totally hands-off approach

Pros

Great idea, and great opportunity for legitimate business people who want an affiliate system, without being exploited.

Cons

Short supply of products which I would want to promote, and I did not get paid a commission which I earned.

Top PayKickstart Alternatives

Keith

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Best bang for the buck - full featured and a powerhouse

Pros

Price point beats most competitor platforms.

Offers many options to override settings on an affiliate and product basis - This is very important for my business.

Custom affiliate link creation feature - also important to my business.

Easy to use sales funnel builder with a robust array of settings.

Customizable checkout pages - easy to use builder with pro templates.

Constant improvement on existing features, most importantly the Reports feature.

Cons

Some of the user flows on certain features can be a little confusing, but not a show stopper. They offer a decent knowledge base and support is solid.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Excellent experience so far (~1 year)

We're very demanding with cart software. We've tested everything (clickfunnels, infusionsoft, clickbank, samcart, and several others). We run a high volume of transactions (and pretty high in $$). Plus, we need to be able to customize the cart significantly.

So far, we haven't found anything that works nearly as well as Paykickstart. If you're not as demanding of your cart, it might not be as big of a difference, but outside of enterprise software, Paykickstart does everything we could ask.

Pros

Great support; very easy to implement and customize. We've been able to match or exceed cart conversion rates on every other platform (Shopify, etc.).

Cons

No built-in integration for google analytics enhanced e-commerce (having an automatically populated data layer would be awesome). No IPv6 tracking.

Stefan

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

The Best Payment Platform Ive Used

10/10 nothing short of pure awesomeness. Some of the best customer support I’ve experienced. A platform designed by people who actually know what they are doing, what the market needs. Can’t wait to see what they have coming!

Pros

It has all the features and advanced features a vendor can possibly wish for. I like checkout forms, the 1clickupsells, and everything is highly customizeable! Ill be running with PK for the next years for sure!

Cons

UX wise it can have a few optimizations. Some actions could probably be done in less clicks. That’s my only concern. Previously it was also the Reporting feature - but they pushed out massive update. VAT feature also needed updating, and that is in development right now. Amazing team and awesome customer support!

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

I most say that PK designers knew exactly what they 're doing what's been needed by the market. It has some of the best customer supports services have ever experienced. It's free trials would definitely make you think of using PK for your business.

Pros

It has a lot of embedded and hosted checkout templates.
It has an email notification feature that supports multi-lingual checkouts.
It has a great support features.

Cons

It doesn't have VAT on it's invoices.
It have integration issues with third-party systems.
It's cost would really affect small and start-up businesses, because of the expensive nature of PK.

Response from PayKickstart

Hi Daniel,

I just wanted to let you know that we do now display VAT on our invoices.

Cheers

Replied 11/4/2019
O.
O.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Outstanding

the drag and drop funnel maker is really interesting, and also the fact that you can make changes while the product is live (like include an upsell)

Pros

You have everything you need to sell online products in one place. Is really intuitive, even a beginner can start using this tool

Cons

The options are a bit overwhelming. You may need some time to set up your first product campaign

Renee
Renee
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Great service depending on your needs

Pros

I liked the onboarding process and how their focus is on helping on marketers success in making money online.

Cons

For the time I've used it, there isn't much I don't like. But maybe the terms used aren't consistent or standardized to other brands. That just means it takes a bit of time to get use to their terms and where things are.

• Used for 1+ year

it integrates with Apps I already use

Pros

Really love how it integrates with Apps I already use, like mailchimp, paypal and stripe, aas well as optimisemember.

Cons

Just a bit on the marketplace, it took me a while to get used to how to get affiliate links

Steven

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

After 4 years and $1.25 Million in Sales Online... this is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR.

Pros

This payment and checkout solution is a leagues above anything else out there. I've used JVZoo and other platforms for years and they are not terrible, but the 5% fees add up and there are a lot of frustrating aspects. PayKickStart is a breath of fresh air. Zero transaction fees gorgeous checkouts, great ease of use and wonderful experience for us AND our customers. Easy as pie to take orders manually and set up custom down-payments and payment plans on an individual basis (which means you get deals you otherwise wouldn't have closed!!) Closed around $21,000 in deals in just one week with awesome checkout conversion rates and ZERO issues. Moreover... their chat support is out of this world. Their reps answer very quickly and it's clear they know the product like the back of their hand. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team have created something truly game-changing here and I think EVERY online business owner needs to be using this.

Cons

Checkouts are VERY customizable, but I would like to see even more customizability in the future.

MIchelle
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 30/4/2020

Powerful! Instantly tripled my income! Highly recommend!

Pros

This one piece of software has exponentially increased the revenue from my online courses by 3 times! I love how professionally it handles my affiliates, creates user friendly payment pages for my buyers and connects automatically to my website and email autoresponder. This software does so much! I am very thankful for the team at PayKickstart who always answer support questions for me right inside my own dashboard area... they are so helpful! I hadn't heard of PayKickstart before, it was originally recommended to me by one my ecommerce gurus and mentor, and I'm so glad they told me about it - I'm living proof that if you want to grow your online business you should add this program now - I highly recommend it!

Cons

Everything just took time to set up, but it was worth it!

Reviewed on 12/8/2020

Excellent Service and Support

Pros

I've been with PayKickstart since the initial launch. What I love most is that they are continuously improving their service offering and ALWAYS provide excellent customer service. Plus, they have a built-in affiliate management system. No one else offers this feature in combination with the checkout functionality (that I'm aware of.)

Cons

In the beginning the checkout page editor was a bit clunky, but they continue to make improvements.

Joshua

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

PayKickstart is heaven

The manual processes we had before are slowly going away 1 by 1 with the automation we are able to tie into PK. Thanks to the api, IPN integration on products, and a flexible carting system that can insure we are capturing everything we need.

Pros

This is hard to pinpoint... I guess my absolute favorite is the combination of product, cart, and affiliate management. Everything has been SO much easier

Cons

Can't really knock it for this, but it would be nice if manual payouts to affiliates could hook into the paypal payout api to make things every more simple than PK already does.

The only other thing would be expanding the PK api even further for updating custom data that's only available to be changed from the portal.

Mina

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Easy to use and profitable

Pros

Paykickstart is a straight forward platform to accept payments and make money through affiliates. I mainly use if for the affiliate section for now but I have plans to launch my own SAAS and accept payments through it. It's user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

It needs more publishers on the marketplace to make it more profitable to affiliates. Also, it takes quite some time for some publishers to approve affiliate request, although this isn't related directly to paykickstart, it can be avoided by applying new rules to encourage publishers to approve more affiliates.

Scott
  • Industry: Photography

Great!

Pros

easy to use! you should buy it. i just love it.

Cons

nothing is currently wrong with it. but i would change it design and ui.

Vasco
  • Industry: Information Services

Awesome product

Pros

Paykickstart is an easy to use Powerful Payment Gateway & Affiliate Solution with first class customer support.
It's a must-have cart.

Cons

Paykickstart should have a larger trial period. Just 15 days are not enough.

Joseph

Grat service

commission payments on time to keep everything in my business flowing and very well organized

Pros

Face payments and always on time, easy support

Cons

nothing, all is great with this software

Vlad
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Good platform with potential

Pros

Easy to use interface, availability of customer support, functionality, affiliate system.

Cons

Not easy to get started, take time to learn and discover features.

Darla
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Fast and Easy

Great platform to run my products on and easy for customers to pay and commissions dispersed.

Pros

PayKickstart was easy to set-up my account and checked all the bells and whistles for security and features.
Whether I am on the buying or selling side of this platform, it is easy to do my business with simple forms and clicks.

Cons

No cons to this point. Had to wait for a short maintenance update once and then right back to work.

Lorenz

PayKickstart

Pros

The ease of creating new campaigns either for our company or affiliates.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues so far so I think "Cons" won't be necessary.

Unesh

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

A good Cart systme for buiness with Affiliate sysytem deeply integrated.

my overall experience is good an di love its simplicity.

Pros

What i like most in Paykickstart is Stats and details for affiliates and also marketplace to recruit affiliates.

Cons

What i like least is Unique url and affiliate permission for each product, and vendors having power to stop commissions. (its not like affiliate networks)

Vikrant

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

You are missing out if you are not using this

centralized location for everything and extreamly easy UI you don't have to be a techy but still can get everything done in minutes

Pros

extremely user-friendly
customer support is very responsive and quick to resolve any issue
trustworthy platform

Cons

not any that I can think of. It work perfect for me. Kudos to the team

jj janetjosie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

great system

Pros

it works ! is easy to understand for our teams who speak a variety of languages - intuitive - great customer support

Cons

I havent come across any yet - a buddy (referred them) wished the trial period was a bit longer

Suzanne
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used for 1+ year

A User's Perspective

Pros

I use PayKickstart as an affiliate, and I find it easy to navigate and to use. The user interface is clean and uncluttered.

Cons

As an affiliate, I would prefer to be able to find affiliate links for the funnels a bit more easily.