Forma LMS Reviews

About Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open-source learning management system designed to help businesses provide corporate training to employees based on company needs and processes. Key features include online courses, video conferencing, certificatio...

Browse Forma LMS Reviews

Vito
Vito

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

The best managed Open Source Ever

Pros

User Experience, Support, Administration, Scorm compliance

Cons

Maybe the curve of learning the administration functionalities

Response from FormaLms

Wow, thank you very much Vito for this wonderful review.
We'll to our best to soften the learning curve for the administration functionalities,

Thanks again!

Replied 22/2/2022
Raj
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 1/9/2022

Best-in-Class learning management system for delivering online training courses !

We all like Forma LMS a lot as it helped our organization in biggest way possible in post pandemic era. It helped us in streaming of our reading content in various languages at desired sink effortlessly. Also, it is accepted by everyone due to its high cost effectiveness and increased operational efficiency while working and operating . We never face any lagging and no complaints received from users also. The performance is good and it never hangs or slows down.

Pros

Robust online learning management system for onwards and upwards learning curve in post pandemic age.
It helped to reach out to larger gathering and audiences remotely within shortest span possible.
It's an open source LMS software and is absolutely free for use by small, medium and large enterprises.
Likeable by all and accepted by all kinds of audiences due to its ease if use and usability

Cons

We want more and more speedy and hi tech live streaming features with advanced recording facility and its later accessibility for use. The quality of sound and video recording can be further enriched and be more conspicuous. It would add more value and amazing customer experience.

Oasis LMS, WizIQ LMS, Accord LMS and Easy LMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Forma LMS was chosen by our tech and business team members jointly as we sat together and understood on our requirements and scope for customizations and flexibility for us. As a business user, we can confidently say that they are one of the highly professional organizations with high moral and ethical values which is highly acceptable and desirable by our organization and people. Their onboarding process was smooth and no cumbersome experience at all.

Response from FormaLms

Thanks for your review!

Replied 8/9/2022
Felipe
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

I couldnt make it work

I tried the free version, and it seems that only with the paid version I was going to be able to do the things I wanted, but no... I couldnt make it work. I tried getting a special server just for Forma.lms but I still couldn't get it to work.
I tried to find support and couldn't find it either, so... I just paid for something I couldn't use.

Pros

the pricing looked great, also the capability of handling different customers in one place is amazing.

Cons

I couldnt install it. I rented a different server just for the software because of the different requiremts, but still it didnt worked. I couldnt get any support or help.

Moodle and Chamilo

Response from FormaLms

Hello Felipe,

thank you for your review, yet I think you are making some unfair statements.

First of all, the LMS is open source like Moodle and Chamilo and there is no such thing as a free or paid version.

The latest version is reserved to association members, but even the previous versions work greatly. We appreciate you decided to become a member.

You don't need a special server for Forma more than for Moodle or for a CRM or any enterprise level application: you just need a server that complies with the installation requirements.

Concerning the search for support: when exactly did you contact us for support?

If we can help you in any way, feel free to get in touch with us.

Replied 15/2/2022

Top Forma LMS Alternatives

Shazia
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

The only LMS providing unlimited customizability and smooth integration with awe-inspiring...

We tried various LMS solutions before but Forma LMS was the best match for our institution as it was the most customizable and intuitive solution for providing training. We first used it for educational purposes for educating my students during the COVID era. However, we felt that this software has a big scope for employee training so we started to use it to provide induction training to new employees and weekly training to existing employees.

Pros

The most favourable feature of this platform is its enhanced user interface through which we can navigate and find all the features easily. There is no learning curve when the product is first installed. Forma provides various features like organising users, providing certificates on completion of courses, organizing courses and taking tests and assessments. It is a great tool with a wide variety of integration options and plugins. A mobile app is also available so you can learn on the go!

Cons

There's nothing much that I dislike about this software. However, the user interface for learners could be improved by using modern elements.

TalentLMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Due to its additional features and integrations.
Maximiliano
Maximiliano

Reviewed on 26/3/2023

Revolutionize Your Online Training with FormaLMS: A Flexible and Customizable Learning...

I have had a generally positive experience with the platform. The software offers a robust set of features and functionality for managing online learning and training programs. I appreciate the flexibility and customization options available, allowing me to tailor the system to meet the specific needs of my organization.One of the things that I like about FormaLMS is the ease of creating and managing courses, as well as the ability to track and analyze learner progress and performance. The platform also supports a variety of different learning activities and resources, including quizzes, surveys, and multimedia content.In addition, I appreciate the level of control and oversight that FormaLMS offers to administrators and instructors. The platform provides detailed analytics and reporting capabilities, as well as features for managing user accounts, permissions, and access.While there are some areas where I feel the platform could be improved (such as the initial setup process and documentation), overall I have been satisfied with my experience using FormaLMS.

Pros

As a user of FormaLMS, what I really appreciate about the platform is its flexibility and customization options. Since it's open-source software, I have the freedom to make modifications and adjustments to tailor the platform to my specific needs.Another great feature that I find very useful is the ability to create and manage user groups. This makes it easy to assign courses and track the progress of learners. The reporting and analytics tools are also quite comprehensive, allowing me to keep a close eye on learner progress and evaluate the effectiveness of my courses.

Cons

There are a few areas where I feel the platform could be improved. One of the things that I find challenging is the initial setup process. It can take some time to get the system configured and fully operational, especially if you're not familiar with learning management systems.Another area that could be improved is the documentation and support resources. While there is a user manual and community forum available, I have found that some of the information is not always up-to-date or comprehensive enough to fully address my questions or concerns.Finally, while the platform is highly customizable, some of the customization options require advanced technical skills and knowledge. For someone without a strong technical background, it can be challenging to make certain modifications or adjustments to the system.

shiva
shiva
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Forma LMS: Empower Your eLearning with Powerful Training Programs

As a user of Forma LMS, I find it to be a comprehensive and powerful tool for online learning and course authoring. The platform is easy to use with a user-friendly interface, allowing me to create and manage courses efficiently. I appreciate the flexibility and customization options available, which allow me to tailor the system to meet the specific needs of my organization.It has far exceeded my expectations, and I am grateful that I chose Forma LMS for my clientele.

Pros

As a Forma LMS user, I value various facets of the software. To begin, the course creation function is simple to use and allows for the uploading of numerous sorts of content like as videos, documents, and quizzes, making it simple to construct compelling courses. The learning paths feature also aids in the organisation of students' learning experiences.Second, social learning technologies such as forums, chats, and online conferences encourage student involvement and cooperation, resulting in a more engaging learning environment.Third, the reporting and analytics tools provide precise insights into student progress and programme effectiveness, enabling e-learning programme continual development.Furthermore, as an open-source platform, Forma LMS provides flexibility and customization options, allowing customers to make changes to meet their individual requirements. The ability to create and administer user groups makes it simple to assign courses and effectively track learner progress.

Cons

As a Forma LMS user, there are a few aspects that I found difficult or would like to see better. To begin, the initial setup procedure can be time-consuming and difficult, particularly for individuals unfamiliar with learning management systems. This might be modified to make it easier for users to configure and fully operationalize the system.Second, the documentation and support resources, such as the user manual and community forum, are not always up to date or thorough enough to address users' inquiries or issues. Improving the availability and accuracy of support resources has the potential to improve the user experience. .

Rahul
Rahul
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 6/5/2023

A tool that can help to schedule events and manage inventories with a lot of learning

After using the software for a while we have noticed a significant increase in the sales of our services and even the rate of customer retention has also been better than before. The managers of our company are now able to take better-calculated decisions all became possible because of formula LMS.

Pros

The software is one of best in its domain which has provided us smooth and automated workflow for our organization. Formula LMS also helped us in saving a lot of time and reduce minute errors like billing errors, meetings schedulings, inventory management etc. It also helps our customers in booking appointments with the proper reminder.

Cons

The software is great for our organization and there is not much that I felt can be improved about the software, but I would like to mention that the pricing of maintaining the software can be a little costly for small companies like us and server crashes can hamper the working of the firm badly.

Emmylou
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/4/2023

FInest web-based e-learning platform

Pros

I can confidently say that this is the finest web-based e-learning platform and software  since it currently has one of the best collaborative tools for professionals and organizations and all training and orientation of the staff may be completed with ease, thanks to Forma.  Taking an online course has never been simpler, it is simple and secure to create online content for the intended audience.

Cons

It's hard to pinpoint anything that I would dislike about Forma LMS. I can definitely say it was great and it will continue to be great!

Regina
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Powerful and Flexible Learning Management System

Pros

Branding, workflows, and connectors with other business tools can all be changed on the platform to suit the particular requirements of various enterprises. Business Development Experts can design training courses that complement the goals, values, and culture of their company because of its versatility.

Cons

might need assistance with technical experts as it's a bit complex specially for firs time users.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

Valuable tool for training employees

I have used Forma LMS to create and deliver courses on a variety of topics, including customer service, sales, and technical training. Course creation tools to be easy to use, and I have been able to create engaging and interactive courses. I've also used Forma LMS to track learner progress and generate reports. The reporting tools to be very helpful in identifying areas where learners need additional training.

Pros

Open Source. Forma LMS is scalable and flexible, and it can be customized to meet the needs of any organization. It's easy to add new users and courses. Allows to change the look and feel of the platform to match branding. Integrates with a wide range of third-party applications, including CRM systems. This makes it easy to keep your data in sync and to automate tasks. Meets all industry standards, and the data is safe and secure. This is important to me because I need to be sure that data is protected.

Cons

Mobile app is a good option for learners who want to access their courses on the go. However, it is not as polished or feature-rich as the desktop version. I hope that the developers will continue to improve the mobile app in the future.

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

Best tool to set up an LMS in a short time

I really liked using Forma LMS. It is very simple to use, and is efficient in its features of providing courses and a platform for users to learn. Courses can be tracked easily, and the learning path progress information makes sure you continue learning. Overall, a very pleasant software that does what it promises, at a good price!

Pros

It is pretty easy to set up on your website. It integrates very well with third-party apps and doesn't have too many initial setup hassle like some other LMS. Learning on the platform is also simple. It keeps track of your progress and lets you complete goals efficiently. The UI looks nice, better than other software like Moodle. Also, it is open-source and gets updates frequently if we report any problem.

Cons

The exam/test modules are a bit difficult to navigate. Even the entire dashboard has poor UX due to navigation issues. Getting support can be time-consuming since the development team seems to be quite small.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Excellent solution for remote learning

I enjoy using Forma LMS. With its modern design and responsive features, employees are eager to learn. It is efficient and saves time with its automation capabilities. It is capable of supporting the complete learning management system and maintains reliable records for auditing purposes.

Pros

Forma LMS is responsive, well designed, intuitive and modern. It supports core features of a learning management system and is easy to navigate. Persons new to this solution will require minimal time to learn how it works.The employee's roles and skills can be mapped to identify any learning and development gaps. This information is converted to fit for purpose reports that is instrumental in highlighting areas of focus. I also love that Forma LMS is compatible with Portable devices so users can learn when they are on the go.

Cons

I have been using this solution for quite some time now. It is well received by employees and garners positive feedback. The interface is engaging and encourages employees to learn. I have not encountered any downsides to this product while I have been using it

Shirley

Reviewed on 11/9/2022

Impactful LMS

Overall explereience is great. The software is open source and meets all the needs of our organization for training staff.

Pros

You can watch, save or share the content from Forma LMS. It has enough training tools to improve how you train your workforce.

Cons

It's complex to understsand how onboarding students to your course works.

Cornerstone LMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open source LMS.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

Nice product and not complex.

Overall is a good experience if you don't expect too much.

Pros

Is very easy to use and the there is a lot of documentation.

Cons

Some features was missing when i was using this lms, but i see that is a lot improved from my last check.

Moodle

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

At the time was the best solution for us.

Reviewed on 16/2/2022

Best LMS I’ve tried

Pros

FormaLMS has a power user management system, has multi template feature and can attach different template to different domain.

Cons

it would be interesting to receive more software updates

Response from FormaLms

Well, wow! Thank you for your review and for your comments.
We will try to accelerate the deployment of new releases.

Replied 17/2/2022
Bernado
Bernado
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 28/6/2022

My Thoughts on Forma LMS Usage

In-house course training in our organization and management of learning materials.

Pros

It was simple to implement this solution without third-party service providers intervention.
Managing classroom courses, locations and calendars.

Cons

Were it not for the effectiveness in ticket response from vendor success team I would be having tons of issues.

• Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/7/2022

Strong learning platform, easy to set up, with potential on UX improvement

Pros

- We were mostly looking for a content hub where we can store and manage all training content for new colleagues and colleagues with development plans. Forma does a great job here.
- Getting PDF certificates adds a nice incentive for our employees to improve their skills.
- Forma integrates well with other software/apps we are using in the HR space.

Cons

- The mobile experience could be improved, both for admin and especially users.
- Tests could be more pleasant to take UX-wise, I have seen stronger solutions on that side.

Chamilo and Teachlr Organizations
Naveed
Naveed

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Best learning management tool Ever

I used it for my online courses the best tool ever I use I have a great experience with this tool.

Pros

It is very easy to setup on mobile devices. The UI is very easy to understand for every user. The assignments features are very great and helpful

Cons

The exam module are little bit difficult to find need to improve this section otherwise It is great learning tool .

Alesia
Alesia
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Corporate Training at Top Notch with Forma LMS

Manages training and training materials in cloud.

Pros

Internal training in our organization for our employees has been streamlined by Forma LMS.
It manages training tools such as scorm multimedia and html pages on one place.

Cons

It can take long to customize all functions but there are tons of tutorials online.

Susang
Susang

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Most Easy to use LMS tool

My Overall experience with Forma LMS has been nothing short of exceptional. The learning that I am able to achieve with it is quite extraordinary and for the price it comes in, it is definitely a steal.

Pros

The most impact feature for us with this software is the ability to do open-source learning. Also, the support team is quite good and is very much approachable

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any dislike for this software. It is quite handy and satisfies all my needs

Sushruth
Sushruth

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Best LMS software that I have used

Overall, my experience with Forma LMS is awesome. This is a great solution for learning management and the reporting feature is very useful

Pros

The built in LMS tool is quite useful for us. In addition to this, the learning management feature is our most used one and gives the best value

Cons

All the features that we use with Forma LMS is quite handy and there is no dissatisfaction for us.

Wenqiu
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

Cloud-based LMS System

Selling courses help generate income.

Online course management.

Pros

Forma LMS enhances online training, managing learning materials and automating real-time reports.
Has customizable graphic templates which makes it easy to generate certificates upon course completion.

Cons

I don’t have any definite aspect that I can describe as a flaw.

Enaan
Enaan
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

Best Open Source Solution for LMS

It is the perfect open source eLearning solution for businesses of all sizes. Sso you can customize it to fit as I needs. And it is easy to use.

Pros

It is totally responsive design so it easily fit into any device. The flexibility of this product and automatically generate pdf certificates are amazing.

Cons

A littlbe bit difficult to integrate different languages.

Response from FormaLms

Dear Enaan,
thank you for your review! In the latest version we made it much easier to add languages, and we added a new one.

Replied 7/4/2022
Gregorio
Gregorio

Reviewed on 9/4/2022

A competitive LMS with good overall qualities

Pros

It has an intuitive interface, with good players for scorm courses and also a lot of functionality

Cons

Sometime errors are not explained very well.

Response from FormaLms

Hello Gregorio,

thank you for your review!

Replied 14/4/2022
Ishan
Ishan

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Corporate Training and education platform

My experience has been very good and satisfying till now. All the trainings and learnings are recorded. This has made it very convenient to manage.

Pros

1. Good management tool to track your training progress.
2. Certificate is distributed after successful completion of course.

Cons

1. A more customized feature according to our need catering to all sectors is needed