About Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open-source learning management system designed to help businesses provide corporate training to employees based on company needs and processes. Key features include online courses, video conferencing, certificatio...

Browse Forma LMS Reviews

Abhishek

Reviewed on 18/4/2022

A fabulous LMS tool

We can easily say that this is one more f the best lms tool available in the current market in this price range. Moreover this is a great platform for open-source learning for all types of businesses. Our students are having a good experience with the tool and we haven't heard any complaints regarding the tool till now.

Pros

We have a lot of things we like about the product. Being one of the most reliable tool we are using now, everyone can work on it from administrator to a normal user. Getting started with this tool was quite easy as it comes with a super clean interface so that we didn't get confuse in anything. Beside these features, their customer support team is excellent, they are always up for help.

Cons

We have a nice overall experience with the tool, but the pricing is little expensive, could be little low. Integration with other tools become difficult in certain platforms but rest of the things are good to go.

Response from FormaLms

Wow, Abhishek, thanks a lot for your flattering review!

Replied 21/4/2022
Ridwan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/4/2021

A great, professional looking, open source, option perfect for establishing a no cost LMS

Forma LMS helped me to launch a low cost, professional looking and easy to use LMS. My audience loved it too as they can dive right in without crossing a complex learning path.

Pros

I was trying out different LMS solutions in the market. I tried several paid options which are mostly out of my league just to get the taste of the current innovations in LMS. Then I came back to the real world and started test riding all the open source options. My 1st test was with Moodle as it was the go to option recommended by most websites. I didn't like Moodle's interface. It has a ton of options but doesn't have the looks of a corporate LMS where it is very inviting and easy for users to jump instantly inside a course. So, I went for the second best, "Forma LMS".
Forma amazed me because I could set it up instantly in my website. Uploading courses are also a breeze. Yes I face some hiccups as I didn't know it works well with PHP version 7.0 and lower but the basic functions were working fine. I was able to test run my LMS within hours of deployment. If you are geek like me you know how does it feel when everything works the first time. If you have softiculous support with your hosting provider then it is more convenient. You will have a working LMS within 15 minutes if you have the contents ready.
So, all the poor people who wants to role out his own easy to use and pro looking LMS, Go for Forma LMS.

Cons

Certification Module is very irritating. You have trial so many times to get your working certificate template. And it is broken if you use any PHP version later than 7.0.
Another thing is the exam module. No doubt its very powerful. But powerful doesn't mean the UI have to look complex.

Moodle LMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Because its easy to setup and professional looking and you won't have to sell your kidney just to start your LMS journey.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Ridwan, thanks for your excellent review.
Version 3 will be out in a few weeks, with added support for php 7.4

I will report your comments on the certificates and on the exam module to the UX team.

Replied 15/9/2021
Felipe
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

I couldnt make it work

I tried the free version, and it seems that only with the paid version I was going to be able to do the things I wanted, but no... I couldnt make it work. I tried getting a special server just for Forma.lms but I still couldn't get it to work.
I tried to find support and couldn't find it either, so... I just paid for something I couldn't use.

Pros

the pricing looked great, also the capability of handling different customers in one place is amazing.

Cons

I couldnt install it. I rented a different server just for the software because of the different requiremts, but still it didnt worked. I couldnt get any support or help.

Moodle LMS and Chamilo

Response from FormaLms

Hello Felipe,

thank you for your review, yet I think you are making some unfair statements.

First of all, the LMS is open source like Moodle and Chamilo and there is no such thing as a free or paid version.

The latest version is reserved to association members, but even the previous versions work greatly. We appreciate you decided to become a member.

You don't need a special server for Forma more than for Moodle or for a CRM or any enterprise level application: you just need a server that complies with the installation requirements.

Concerning the search for support: when exactly did you contact us for support?

If we can help you in any way, feel free to get in touch with us.

Replied 15/2/2022

Top Forma LMS Alternatives

Gianna

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

Highly Effective Learning Solution and Easy to start.

This learning tool has effective publishing functions of different learning content and the reports generation is faster and very easy on documentation and the access control functions are excellent.

Pros

Forma LMS provides the most effective and productive learning experience through various channels and the implementation of the platform was quite easy and smooth operation.Forma LMS coordination capabilities and easy creation of different learning content and easy to share content across various project members is helpful.

Cons

Forma LMS interface is very friendly and simple on features adjustment for quality and easy learning experience but the first training curve was not friendly.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 19/8/2022

A Great Platform for your LMS needs with High Customization Support!

Overall it has been a great experience for me , Forma LMS has helped me in creating courses for the new joiners in the team for their faster training and ramp up. Have also allowed keeping track of compliance trainings. Also helped me in creating tests to check their project readiness.

Pros

1. Easy to create and design training and learning courses.
2. Good support for plugins and integration option making it quite flexible for usage.
3. Allows you to easily keep track of your learnings
4. Users can easily setup test and assessments in the end of the trainings
5. Support for real time webinars and workshop trainings
6. Quick customer support in case of issues.

Cons

1. User interface can be more robust and dynamic to increase engagement of learners.
2. Lesser documentation available thus takes sometime to understand and design courses

Priyanshu

Reviewed on 4/7/2022

Ultimate Training management via Forma LMS..

Overall Forma LMS is highly aesthetic & scalable for corporates & key requirement for current corporate world..
IMO if Company focused on slight modifications then mass adoption definitely on the way in near future....

Pros

Well Forma LMS played a vital role in building my Working profile & Durability via its aesthetic tools & builtups for corporate training sessions..
Multi layer training sessions, well designed & structured setup , high skilled Teams & collaborations & big community behind are one of the key note of Forma LMS...

Cons

Well overall workflow & content focus for P2P & corporates is totally stable in Forma LMS but slight hindrance in mass adoption & scalability is only due to slight mid to high subscription services which need to be focused on..

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

One of the most suitable LMS for Hybrid teams' trainings

It was a pretty satisfactory experience while using FORMA LMS for online trainings and tracking mandatory certifications.

Pros

Forma LMS platform is perfect solution to all those learners and enthusiastic individuals who need 24*7 online learning experience remotely, from the comfort of their own home or from a office desk. Forma is one of the best learning platforms which provides a cost effective solution for SMEs and Large enterprises alike. With Forma LMS creating, managing learning goals and keeping track of individual progress is very smooth.It is very easy to manage certifications and keep track of course and learning progress.

Cons

From what I heard from the company Learning and Training team, it is a difficult process to create a course for the first time. Exam/Test modules can be a bit difficult to navigate. There are a few UI/UX navigation issues,which needs to be addressed.More options/API integrations needs to be provided alongside a notification/alert system.

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

super simple e-learning

Pros

a lot of functionalities but easy to configure, organize and keep the track of learnings.

Cons

lack of plugins, but it's not a true cons... the platform is already enough complete.

Vishnu

Reviewed on 26/1/2023

Useful

Pros

Best for learning online courses and learning new things.

Cons

If you include more courses like udemy then it's much better.

• Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Useful for social learning & computer training

Pros

I'm exploring the features related to social learning and computer training.

Cons

Nothing observed as of now. Will add if found anything.

BHAVIK

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

A Powerful LMS solution for Organisations of any size.

My overall experience with Forma Lms has been really satisfactory. It is a great solution for learning management and provides a lot of flexibility which enables different sections of an organisation to use and implement it.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Forma Lms is the ease it provides in creating, maintaining, managing and sharing learning objects. The reporting and Gradebook feature is also very useful. Integrated skill management also helps in tracking and enables enhanced learning.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Forma Lms is the UI part, which can be improved. Also, the onboarding experience can be improved and a manual could be provided.

Response from FormaLms

Hi Bhavik,
thanks for your review!
We're about to release version 3.0 with some major improvements on the UI. Namely, a dashboard page and a refactoring of the LO views for learners and for admins.

Concerning the manual, there is actually more than one. Please go to docs.formalms.org and you'll find reference guides and tutorials.

Replied 10/4/2021
Shirley

Reviewed on 11/9/2022

Impactful LMS

Overall explereience is great. The software is open source and meets all the needs of our organization for training staff.

Pros

You can watch, save or share the content from Forma LMS. It has enough training tools to improve how you train your workforce.

Cons

It's complex to understsand how onboarding students to your course works.

Cornerstone LMS

Reasons for Switching to Forma LMS

Forma LMS is an open source LMS.
Mario
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 3/3/2022

Excellent lms to manage courses

I have been using Forma LMS for many years and I find it much simpler and more intuitive than the various competitors. It is reliable in reporting and easy in installation and configuration

Pros

it is very intuitive and precise in reporting thanks to SCORM compatibility. Excellent support from large user base

Cons

Integration with videoconferencing systems is limited as is the interface for selling courses

LearnDash, Articulate 360 and Docebo

Response from FormaLms

Hi Mario,
thanks for your review!
We've added many more integrations for videoconferencing systems, and we also have a couple of integrations for ecommerce. You might want to check them out!

Replied 8/3/2022
Sebastiano Edoardo

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

I love this software

Pros

Intuitiveness is the key to this huge piece of software. I never stop discovering its features, it seems endless!

Cons

It slows down sometimes, but I can understand it, it's a software that offers a lot of options.

Response from FormaLms

Thank you for your excellent review. If Forma slows down, it might have more to do with your server having insufficient resources. I would recommend upgrading it.

Replied 14/4/2022
Alessandro

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

A good way to learn

A lot of fixes

Pros

I think the gradebook system and courses management interface

Cons

It is not a performing system (in 2022) as the code is poorly written and has many years with numerous developers

Response from FormaLms

Thank you Alessandro for your review.

Replied 1/3/2022
syed
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

Forma review

Pros

The forma lms which help trainings the new people and and where it keeps track off the course which are kept for learning has the best costumer support it gives instants resolution and feedback and trainings page has the best UI which i have used till now thanks to Forma LMS

Cons

There is nothing to say about this software it is the best platform

Reviewed on 23/7/2022

LMS of the Future

Forma has been our preferred LMS to carry out all internal trainings within the company. While joining Actionet, I trained using the LMS and now as a senior engineer in the company, I am creating courses and trainings for new recruits.
The basic features of the LMS are easy to use and it gets better with every new version release.

Pros

Forma has a modern design that fosters learners engagement.
Creates custom reports of the trainings and courses for accountability
Offers advanced customization of features to suit the user's needs.

Cons

The software works really well although the company should improve on new users training. There's limited information sources on how to fully explore All Forma's features.

Nikhil

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

Forma LMS is very productive

Very good experience, Forma LMS is going very well. A totally recommendable product.

Pros

. Worthy product
. Easy to use
. Very nice customer care support service
. Provides computer-based training
. Social learning platform
. Safe, secure, and reliable
. Attractive interface

Cons

I have not found any major issue to dislike this tool. I m loving this.

Alesia
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Corporate Training at Top Notch with Forma LMS

Manages training and training materials in cloud.

Pros

Internal training in our organization for our employees has been streamlined by Forma LMS.
It manages training tools such as scorm multimedia and html pages on one place.

Cons

It can take long to customize all functions but there are tons of tutorials online.

Susang

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Most Easy to use LMS tool

My Overall experience with Forma LMS has been nothing short of exceptional. The learning that I am able to achieve with it is quite extraordinary and for the price it comes in, it is definitely a steal.

Pros

The most impact feature for us with this software is the ability to do open-source learning. Also, the support team is quite good and is very much approachable

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any dislike for this software. It is quite handy and satisfies all my needs

Sushruth

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Best LMS software that I have used

Overall, my experience with Forma LMS is awesome. This is a great solution for learning management and the reporting feature is very useful

Pros

The built in LMS tool is quite useful for us. In addition to this, the learning management feature is our most used one and gives the best value

Cons

All the features that we use with Forma LMS is quite handy and there is no dissatisfaction for us.

Samuel

Reviewed on 8/6/2022

MY Overall Experience with Forma LMS

Managing learning materials and enhancing corporate training as well as certification tracking in one place.

Pros

Forma LMS offers built-in learning management system tools that accelerated implementation.

Cons

All the LMS tools are handy and easy to use without outsourcing support.

George
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 4/5/2022

" Intuititive And Incredible Online Business Training Channel "

Forma LMS is a self - equipment Web-based channel which facilitate online training sessions with maximum encryption.

Pros

I like the way it is a Self-explanatory online training software.
It enables target individuals to train while at away.
It accepts internet enabled phones instalation.

Cons

It has been providing us with all that we expected during deployment.

Response from FormaLms

Thanks George for your review!

Replied 8/9/2022
Billy
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 27/5/2022

Corporate Training at Par with Forma LMS

Managing and delivering training courses online.

Pros

Forma LMS manage corporate training, learning materials and courses.
SCORM tools makes it easy to monitor user activities.

Cons

It was slightly overwhelming to integrate with external apps, but vendor support team handled the matter rapidly.

Mohammad

Reviewed on 12/3/2022

A Good Open Source E-Learning Platform

I can't say Forma LMS is bad. It is good because it has some good features but in 2022 there are so many amazing LMS Tools are available.

Pros

Forma LMS has some advanced features which are very essential to manage a E-Learning platform. If you are trying to sell online courses with control panel Forma LMS can help you.

Cons

The user interface and user experience need huge development. This is not an user friendly tool to use at all.

Response from FormaLms

Hello Mohammad,

thanks for your review, I don't know what version you are using but we improved our usability and our interface a lot, you might want to give it a further look.

Replied 21/3/2022