About AdvancedMD Billing Services

AdvancedMD is a medical office software suite with cloud-based, integrated physician-patient workflow solutions including: practice management/medical billing, electronic health records, telemedicine, patient engagement, practice...

Browse AdvancedMD Billing Services Reviews

Maryellen H. Maryellen H.

Reviewed on 17/7/2017

I am completely a new-beeeee!! It has been a short learning curve type of system -

Pros

Most of it makes sense in a synopsis = I have not been a computer user overall and to actually begin with this system on a daily basis was a definite concern to me ,sleepless nights, that kind of thing. However, there was nothing to be concerned with. Its too easy!

Cons

Little to least like because it is well thought out. The questions can easily be answered by the tech support or our billing service. They interface with us and I can go directly to them if I get confused on any new topics. I have had difficulty with tech support realizing I am a contact person for our office, they seem to not have that on file although I have had our billing service address listing me numerous times and if any complaint - the tech support level one tries hard to address questions but it did take me far too many times w/level one techs to finally send me to have a repeated issue resolved by a higher tech dept. in your system.

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Is it worth it?

I can't say that I love AdvancedBilling. For how much it costs I feel like the interface needs to be easier and my questions should be answered by customer service much faster. I am still learning how everything works after 6 months. The training they provided from the billing side of things was lacking.

Pros

- Does a good job of scrubbing claims before submission to check for errors
- Has a robust number of features and reports
- Customer service can help answer routine questions fairly quickly

Cons

- Some of the errors the claim checker finds do not seem tailored to ophthalmology (my field)
- Not a very intuitive interface and lots of features are hard to find
- Larger issues have been somewhat difficult to get answers from customer service
- The monthly subscription fee is pretty high

Danica N. Danica N.

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Advanced Md Billing

Pros

Entering, editing, and submitting claims is easy to do, a step by step guide assist you. Patient billing has ticker system which makes it easy to keep up with who is paying, making monthly payment arrangement payments, and who is not paying.

Cons

Some of the steps, while easy to get to, have some cumbersome spots, such as finding old claims submissions and having to look for reports of previous submissions.

Erin C. Erin C.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

AMD for Billing

Generally good, but there are frustrating features.

Pros

The reports are great and the option to export is life-saving. Running patient payments is a breeze.

Cons

There are too many different screens to go to for information and the notes aren't separated by DOS.

Heather K. Heather K.

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Good features for front office staff, lacks ease of use for back office staff

set up and installation was easy and quick, the tutorials are great and very helpful - the main issue for us is how the copay applies to the date of service and the billing department can not post a payment to the line unless the balance is in the correct column so there's a lot of back and forth just to get a payment posted.

Pros

secondary payments post themselves when balance exactly matches, color coded schedules, most of the time the ERA's post automatically

Cons

having to switch back into an account to un-apply a copay or change the balance back to insurance when trying to post incoming payments - time consuming

Kevin M. Kevin M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Very Happy

We have used Adv Md for over 9 years and have been happy with the system and the support they have given us in those years.
Love that we have a person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that we can call or email with questions and not just be a number on hold if we need support.

Pros

The integration of the system with there EHR and other programs we use.

Cons

Wish they had 1 price for the whole system.

Buffy S. Buffy S.

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

The only billing software that we use

I am happy with AMD, I have no reason to change.

Pros

AMD is very easy to use, customer service is top notch. I always try to move new clients over to Advanced MD.

Cons

At times, getting EDI agreements approved can be a little cumbersome, in dealing with this dept.

Kathyrine J. Kathyrine J.

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Customer service is fabulous.

Pros

Love the scrubbing feature. The HELP feature is very detailed. The "Demand Claim" update feature makes this process much faster/easier.

Cons

Doesn't print the back of the claim. Not being able to to EDIT a UB04. When patient's insurance has been updated the information is not updated in the claim line.

Kerry G. Kerry G.

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Billing opinion

I use AMD for billing and for scheduling. The eligibility feature is very nice for insurance and we use that all the time. I do wish the patient date of birth was on the insurance screen. I contact support through Chat most of the time and they are very helpful.

Pros

the eligibility and the ease of submitting claims

Cons

Changing the payer ID to the Relay health ID can be difficult.
Date of Birth not on insurance screen.

Kelly M. Kelly M.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Very functional

Could not have implemented ICD10 without this software. Has improved our claims efficiency with the ability to set custom inspector rules unique to our practice. Reporting system upgrade has been successful.

Pros

Ease of use, integrated features such as patient portal, advancedpatient suite

Cons

AdvancedInsights reporting structure not as intuitive, learning curve!

Gwen S. Gwen S.

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Every day user

System lacks some of the common function to use cpt cross walks and payment adjustments do not post correctly

Pros

easy to use. Reports are functional

Cons

payment adjustment are not interfaced correctly. no cpt crosswalk

Carin M. Carin M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Billing Made Easy

Compared to other medical billing programs we've used, Advanced MD is the easiest system for sending electronic claims and printing paper claims. The eligibility tool is very helpful to ensure clients have active coverage. It would be nice it if would automatically check eligibility before every visit though.

Pros

Ease of submitting claims, the claim center is great, checking eligibility automatically is very nice.

Cons

Tracking authorization/referrals could use some improvement. If it could be more detailed and tag/count sessions automatically, it would be nice.

Laura H. Laura H.

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

Almost ten years...

I have been using AdvancedMD since 2007, and it is a fantastic platform for medical billing. Intuitive, powerful, easy to learn, and pro-active about staying current with the constant changes in the industry. I highly recommend it.

Cheang K. Cheang K.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017

Yaima O. Yaima O.

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

AdvancedMD EHR PM review

Excellent experience with Advanced MD. They take suggestions and ideas and implement some of them.

Pros

AdvancedMD is a system that you can trust to do your billing. We can bill, track claims, verify insurance coverage and post payments easily.

Cons

I feel that medications on the EHR side needs to improve and more billing reports.

eClinicalWorks and Kareo Clinical

Reasons for Switching to AdvancedMD Billing Services

Pm side with ECW was not accurate and couldn't control Aging Report. Reports where not matching numbers and contacted support without resolution (I had one provider testing the software) Support for ECW is located in India and Advanced MD is US based. Support with ECW was not easy and very time consuming. Very hard to get anything resolved.

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

NOT actually Mac compatible and they don't care that it's not even though advertised as such.

Terrible. Our trainer was great. Occasionally we will get a decent support person but overall this isn't really a very functional EHR and it does NOT work for Mac users no matter what their advertising says.

Pros

It's highly customizable which, if it worked well, would be amazing. The best part of this software for our practice is the ability (mostly) for patients to "self serve" when they need copies of their records. If it's all saved into a PDF properly and marked viewable and signed, then patients can print them from their portal page.

Cons

Despite their advertising it's not actually Mac compatible. Safari never worked for printing a variety of things including paper claims. They took 10 weeks to acknowledge this & they aren't fixing it. Now, as of June, Chrome for Mac users also won't print paper claims. Despite it being a VITAL part of running a practice for anyone submitting for auto or WC insurances, they don't seem to care. It's now been nearly 6 weeks since this was identified & they don't have any ETA for a fix & no indication they ever will. Not sure what we will have to do since this practice has a number of auto/WC patients where the electronic billing doesn't work well since they then deny having received the medical records needed to process claims. You cannot attach medical records to the electronic claims for AdvancedMD.

They also don't have enough support. It's now common to wait over 30 minutes to connect with a support professional if you call in the afternoon. Given how many things are glitchy and either don't work or stop working, this becomes a common practice of contacting support. When they have updates, the information in the carrier files has been known to just drop off & it has to be re-entered into the master files in order to submit claims.

Lois E. Lois E.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Review of AdvancedMD

We have been very pleased with AdvancedMD. The support contacts are easily accessible and provide assistance until the issue is resolved. The support team have always been courteous and professional. I am happy that AdvancedMD was chosen and it has proven to be a wonderful system for both practice management and EHR.

Pros

When our office began the process of implementing EHR, we reviewed multiple systems, narrowed it down to the top three, and then had demonstrations. AdvancedMD came out on the top due to the ability to customize documents for the chart and also text documents. We are able to run reports from the information that we have "customized" into the chart notes, which has been extremely valuable. The AdvancedInsight feature has also been very helpful in generating reports customized to specific needs that we have.

Cons

The prescription feature could be improved upon. Providers would like to select multiple prescriptions and send refill with one click. Our clinic has multiple services offered and we would love to see additional options with the scheduling feature so that a "block" of different services could be scheduled at one time.

Manik C. Manik C.

Reviewed on 18/5/2020

Great Product with One stop Solution ( EMR/PM/Reports/Interfaces/Integration/Open Edge)

I am using this system for 18 years now. All our clients using AdvancedMD and they simply love it. One word to make the client happy - Choose "AdvancedMD" .

Pros

One stop solution helped us tremendously to improve our work flow. Reporting is phenomenal - You can do whatever you wanted to to build your customized reports. Easy to learn and easy to implement.

Cons

Add on modules shouldn't cost separate. You should have one module which should have A-Z features.

Mike D. Mike D.

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Always Happy with My Decision

I have been a using the AdvancedMD software for almost 4 years now. I have been very pleased from the start. I am a medical billing client so I have brought on several new clients and the onboarding process is made very easy with all of the support that is provided.

Pros

The software has all of the features necessary to process clean claims as well as keeping follow up in order when the insurance companies deny some of the claims.

Cons

The biggest drawback for me is the limited platform that the software can be used with.

Linda W. Linda W.

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

The service would be good if they could make it faster

I am planning on changing but put it off for 2020 and 2021.

Pros

This PM system is easy to use. There are some good features like eligibility check and the layout of the daily schedule. When you do get a support person they are usually good and not outsourced.

Cons

The system is so very slow. On the weekends it is impossible to work at all as they must slow down the servers even more. There is no function to auto send an email as a bill directly to the patient. You have to use their credit card company and machine to use the patient portal for payments. The PM does not directly connect to Fl Shots. Every extra module is an extra cost. Most of the hold time for support is very long.

Cathy H. Cathy H.

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Great product. Very user friendly.

Better productivity

Pros

The Claims Center is an awesome feature. Scrubbing for various errors before claims are sent out. Also, easily determining if a claims batch failed during transmission.

Cons

I have no dislikes with this software. Perhaps there are some things which could be simplified; however no product is 100% perfect and AdvancedMD is constantly doing updates with improvements.

Amanda N. Amanda N.

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

We have a great partnership spanning over 8 years.

Pros

We love the fact that everything is integrated into Practice Management. We don't have to use a bunch of other programs or separate clearinghouses.

Cons

Some of the reporting features confuse our clients. It would be helpful to have more reports that are sorted by deposit date.

Rhonda R. Rhonda R.

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

Not Satisfied

Livid

Pros

It seems to work very well Monday - Friday.

Cons

I work every weekend (Saturday & Sunday) posting charges for 5 Physicians. AdvancedMD Billing software is almost impossible to use on the weekends. It is slow, dragging, freezes up and kicks me out, so that I have to log back in. I have to give up trying to work every weekend (which REALLY throws me behind)! The Tech team is "working on" the problem, however it has gone on for over 2 years now. They are trying to say it is a problem with my computer, but if that were true, I would have those problems all of the time. It's just Saturday and Sunday, which says to me that AdvancedMD's system is running some sort of back-ups, and/or Maintenance that is causing the system to be virtually unusable on the weekends, but they will never admit that. Had we known in advance that this would be a problem, we never would have signed up to use AdvancedMD software.