About Genesys Cloud CX

Genesys Cloud CX™ cloud contact center software transforms your customer experience. It connects data across teams, tools, interactions so you have actionable insights to address customers problems with ease on any channel, at...

4.1
4.2
3.9

Browse Genesys Cloud CX Reviews

Robert

Reviewed on 10/2/2022

Best All-in-One CCaaS solution for businesses -- small or large

Genesys Cloud was easy to deploy and agents picked up the interface quickly. Integration with back-end data and systems was simple using web services and the Architect allowed call flows to be created in days.

Pros

Genesys Cloud CX has it all. Never do I have to wonder about integrations, added costs, or extra training when Genesys has all the features that a contact center of any size has all built into a single, web-based product with super reliability and ease of use unmatched in the market.

Cons

While WFM has come a long way, there are still features that Genesys needs to add and is working on those. Also, reporting needs more visualization and trending data.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

A good product that is getting better

Overall we have been pretty happy with the Genesys Cloud application. When we find things that are lacking, we are able to put in ideas for enhancements and some of those ideas have already been implemented.

Pros

We love that the Genesys system provides us with a single system for all our customer interactions. We can handle inbound and outbound calls, chats, emails, and SMS. In addition, all the call recordings and call evaluations are in the same system (or will be when we are done rolling it out).

Cons

I think Genesys has some work to do on enhancing the sorting and filtering capabilities with the various views. I also think there are some issues to work through on the workforce management side, like being able to see a forecasted service level without publishing schedules, or having time off buckets to name a few.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

A Step Up From Previous Call Center Software, But Prone To Errors

While PureCloud has had its frustrating glitches, I find that it works far better and more intuitively than previous call center software. Having access to a number of features all in one place, rather than spread out across multiple programs, truly provides ease of mind.

Pros

PureCloud allows fluid communication either across the call center floor, across town, or even across the state or country. It allows multiple utilities that previous software such as Presence did not allow for, such as callback and voicemail functionality, chat features and built in email clients. It becomes a one-stop shop for a call center looking to offer more outreach for customers. Having the ability to work from home, especially in times of crisis, is crucial and this is what PureCloud does best.

Cons

Prone to outages and glitches, though admittedly some of these could be due to network errors within the company. The email client is less than intuitive, and frequently seems to block out valuable attachments, which are important when working in a tech support role.

Top Genesys Cloud CX Alternatives

AWS CloudFormation

Avaya Experience Platform

Vijaya

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Cloud Solutions for Contact Center

The best experience is we get all in one page or in one link. Agent supervisors get agent recordings, reporting and monitoring all in one login to Genesys Cloud CX.

Pros

Genesys Cloud Contact Center routing solutions are easy and implement and use for inbound and outbound calls and also for Chat. We are in middle of the migration process and hopefully we will be migrating complete our contact center from Genesys Engage & Avaya to Genesys Cloud CX

Cons

API integrations with other 3rd party solutions

Avaya UCaaS

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

Due to limited functionality and interface in Avaya, we want to go with Genesys Cloud CX for better features and functionality and also many other important features that suite for our requirement.

Reviewed on 24/1/2021

8/10 product for now, as this product gets better will easily be a 10/10 product in the future

I'm happy to be using this product as it becomes better and will be a very strong product to beat in the future

Pros

It was easy to implement and start up. For my company as we had multiple software for our CRM, Genesys Cloud really made it easy as it is all in one software

Cons

Some areas still need to be developed, such as the reporting and the Workforce Management addon

Verint Automated Quality Management

Reasons for Choosing Genesys Cloud CX

Lisence was expiring and the technology wasnt there

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

More companies was using it at the time and the vendor was locally based
Terry

Reviewed on 27/8/2022

Breath of fresh air vs historical telephony systems

The software uptime is an industry leader, with no consistent downtime problems since starting with the service. Which is worlds away from our previous experiences with downtime being seen at least once a month with a large agent / customer detriment because of this.

Pros

Ease of use. The GUI is clear and concise on both and agent and Administrator level.

Cons

The workforce management side of the software still requires a lot of work. There is too many interweaving layers to be able to produce an easy to use schedule for our agents.

8x8 X Series, Microsoft Teams and Cisco Jabber

Reasons for Choosing Genesys Cloud CX

The historical system was clunky, unreliable with a very sub-par support channel. This was culminated with the system owners choice of decommissioning the telephony platform we had used with them shortly after our contractual obligations had ended.

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

The cost benefit analysis and uptime SLAs could not be matched against any of the other products at hand.
Pramod

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Contact Center Implementation using Genesys Cloud

After implementing Genesys Cloud solutions, we are able to get agents recordings, reporting and monitoring easily.

Pros

Contact Center Routing using Architect, Implementation of contact center components and for supervisors it is easy to use to check on agent status, reporting and analytics and recordings, integration from existing Genesys Engage & Avaya to Genesys Cloud is smooth

Cons

API integration, Custom Routing solutions, and Desktop sharing options not available

Cisco AnyConnect

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

We are already using Genesys Engage setup in our environment and decision take to use Genesys Cloud for smooth migration of our contact center
Juan David

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Next gen Cotact center solution

Its a very good product, reduce the chain technology compounds and very easy to use

Pros

Its very easy to deploy, with a high quality technology, understand the business requeirements, and its all in one solution.

Cons

A better call recording its required, like a dedicated system (NICE, Verint, RedBox).

wolkvox

support

support level in Colombia, certified partners in Colombia
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 27/4/2020

It proves its value in pandemic of COVID-19

Pros

Cloud based solution with WebRTC client works perfectly when all agents need to work from home.

Cons

Reporting needs to be improved, because it's rigid and hard to customized.

Derek
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

A lot of data

Overall it has been a learning curve without any formal training, but after a month I had a pretty good idea on what I was looking at.

Pros

We use this program at my company to make sure agents taking calls in the call center are in adherence. We also use it to see deviations in our call volume. The adherence part is color coded and is fairly easy to interpret. The call volume part is a lot of data and unless you've been formally trained in the program it can take some time to figure out what you are looking at.

Cons

It is almost overwhelming with data, I would recommend getting trained if possible to maximize your potential in the program.

Altaf

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

A Cloud like no other

The overall experience is a very positive one. We went from a basic PBX to a full-blown Contact Center Solution with all the capabilities we could ever hope for. We have lots of potential and it's just a matter of taking advantage of the aspects that make sense for our business.

Pros

I really like not having to perform maintenance. I also like that there are new features on a weekly basis, the ease of use of the UI, and how just about everything you need is already built into the platform.

Cons

A true mobile app is missing, but is on the roadmap. I also wish there was a built-in way to grab all our reporting data without needing our dev team to build their own solution using the API.

8x8 X Series and NICE CXone

Reasons for Choosing Genesys Cloud CX

It wasn't a contact center solution and there were also reliability issues.

8x8 X Series and NICE CXone

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

It offered a more well-rounded set of features. The outbound dialer was also superior on the Genesys Cloud offering.
Adrian

Reviewed on 11/3/2021

Excellent all in one product

Brilliant product and seamless integration, did not take long to get the product set up and the users onboarded

Pros

Seamless integration, great product and feature rich under continual development - all in one place resouce

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind at present, the Dev environment is a little cumbersome

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

Amazing business interaction system with mobility and flexibility

The experience with Cloud CX has been amazing. The backed end (architect) is very easy to use and if you can work a visio diagram you can create a call flow. The baked in skill based routing and time of day route decisions is setup very well.

Pros

Our ability to run our entire phone system in the cloud and connect from any device with an active internet connection kept us in business through the initial pandemic shutdown. Not being tied to a physical location while having such a complete suite of features has been paramount to our success as an organization over the past couple of years.

Cons

I really do enjoy everything about the software including the new feature releases each month.

Cisco AnyConnect and Vaspian

Reasons for Choosing Genesys Cloud CX

We wanted to move from a hosted on-premise solution to a cloud-based system.

Reasons for Switching to Genesys Cloud CX

Features, pricing and ease of deployment
Jason
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/4/2021

Genesys Cloud

Pros

It is easy to set up an IVR using Architect. User creation is simple and bulk imports are available. You can separate areas of your organization using Divisions which is beneficial. If you utilize Genesys Cloud Voice as your carrier, setting up and provisioning phones is simple. Also, this is a cloud based application, they are always updating it. Genesys has an ideas page, where you can submit changes you would like to see to the application and vote on other changes that have been suggested.

Cons

The reporting when it comes to segments of the calls and where they are transferred to could be better. It is difficult to determine where calls are going. The system does not currently record calls between users. We have several scenarios where an agent calls for assistance that we would like to be recorded.

April
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

An Honesty Review...

So far our company loves Genesys cloud. We are barely using all the modules/features in genesys cloud and plan to expand that in the near future. I cant wait to move to email queues for the various departments.

Pros

I love that it is easy to navigate for even the least technical in our company. There is a ton of information out on the web for administrators or engineers that need to build or modify flows, APIs, queue, or groups really anything you are looking for and most of it is free. There is also a paid training called beyond that has been uber beneficial to my learning.

Cons

Learning to use the flows was hard at first. Its really not hard to build them once you get your head around it. Don't think too deep its really easier than it looks at first. I also have had a hard time using voice over IP with headsets. Our company went from desk phones to utilizing USB headsets and a profile. Sometimes the software forgets the profile/headset.

Neil

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Genesys Cloud Review

Overall Genesys Cloud solution was a game changer specially during this time of pandemic crisis as we are able to work from home and provide continues support to our customers.

Pros

Features and easy user adaptability, Can use it anywhere and does not need physical hardware, Contact Center features, ie ACD and Reporting.

Cons

Telephony Features are OK but need some improvement if compared to features provided by traditional IPT vendors like Cisco and Avaya.

Reviewed on 7/4/2019

Not a bad product, but not easy

It's more powerful than our Cisco system but we've had much more administrative overhead. A phone should be a phone and software based phones aren't reliable

Pros

Great soft phone support, very tweakable, phone logs are easy to access for every call you don't have to dig for them. It's very customizable. Great for call centers.

Cons

Here are the biggest issues, unlike Cisco hard phones and soft phones are totally separate in how they integrate with the system. You can't run a hard phone and a sip phone and have them both ring. This also means that sharing lines is difficult for users like executive receptionists who deals with some executives on soft and some on hard phones. The phone tree has a few glitches to be aware of, and is difficult to learn so mistakes are inevitable if you make changes in house. Biggest issue is that the soft phone does not automatically change network adapters when connecting to a VPN. This is a big pain point for users who have to constantly switch SIP settings on their toolbar every time they move about.

Hailey
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

PureCloud

Purecloud has been helpful when I am out of the office. I also enjoy the fact that I receive an email when I get a voicemail. It includes the voicemail in the email which is very helpful if I need to send it to someone on my team to assist.

Pros

The I can use my cell phone as if I were on my office phone. I'm able to communicate with clients as if I am in the office while I'm on my cell phone; out of the office traveling, picking up my kids, etc.

Cons

When my office phone is forwarded to my cell phone, it will only ring once, maybe twice before the call has already moved into my voicemail. If my phone is not right in or near my hand, I will miss the call.

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

User-friendly & Intuitve

I use this in a remote call center environment. It's great that it can be used via web browser or application - makes it flexible when I need to switch computers, etc. When I'm looking at reports, it can sometimes be tricky to see all of my subordinates and their details without individually clicking through each and every name, mostly because the side menu tabs keep taking over half the screen. For its direct purpose - handling calls - really no complaints.

Pros

I think it's easy to use. I appreciate that you can use it via web browser or application. The menu icons make it easy for you to identify the tools you need. The live chat functions while on calls are extremely useful and easy to access.

Cons

Calls often drop for no reason. The time-off tool is clunky - you have to tap through dates and times rather than just enter them manually which can take way too long. The sound quality of calls can be questionable in seasons. The evaluation element.

Marta
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 22/4/2019

Great experiencwe

I started three years ago the digital transformation of one of the first four Spanish telephony operators, in these years of work we have integrated customer CRM , conducted outgoing campaigns, quality surveys, voice recognition In the IVR, improving the client's experience and that of the agents in charge of customer service.
Process automation and technical testing.
It has allowed me to grow professionally and improve costumer experience .

Pros

Full of possibilities without the need of knowledge or previous experience.

Cons

Platform Availability. We have not suffered service falls in three years

Bernard
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/7/2020

Good but complex solution for cloud

Genesys is a good solution for a business with a strong developer team.

Pros

It has both CCaaS and UCaaS and is a leading provider. I was one of the first users years ago. They innovate well

Cons

It is a very complex solution that involves integration challenges every time. It is expensive for using with 3rd party products

Avaya UCaaS

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

A nice upgrade from our previous on-premise solution

Pros

Ease of maintenance by our IT team and reliability compared to our previous on-premise phone system.

Cons

We are a seasonal with more employees during the spring and fall (compared to winter and summer) and it would be nice to be able to have our license pool ramp up or down by month.

Reynante
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Safe ready to go Clound Contact Center

Overall experience has been great and support has been responsive. The only drawbacks are their lack additional reporting options and their price

Pros

Very easy to set up and manage. You can have any contact center up and running easily. Their admin page is very user friendly plus they have a very extensive resource and community portal.

Cons

Although they have a lot of available reports, they lack the ability to download more detailed reports and customize your reports. If you need the ability to do this you would have to pay more through their App Foundry. Purecloud is also at the high end of the price spectrum for user licensing.

Jaydeep

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

Good Product but Longer response from Support Team

Experience with the application was good

Pros

Easy of use and feature availability and modifications

Cons

Long response time from the sales team and project team

Cory
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/9/2017

The PureCloud Team has gone above and beyond with their customer service.

Pros

The PureCloud product is very easy to use. Navigating through the software is very user friendly and using the "help" features provide a great resource for insight. Reaching out to the community has been a great help for us as well.

Cons

We have based our call centre around part time shifts due to the demand of our business. The pricing model will have to be reviewed for our operations as we continue to grow.