ClickUp Reviews

About ClickUp

ClickUp is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and a task...

Browse ClickUp Reviews

4,050 of 4,050 reviews
Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

eva

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Advanced task and idea management

Pros

It has all the features you could need and has great overview and calendar integration functionalities. Love the dashboard view and calculation options

Cons

Not for beginners who need something simple, can get a bit overwhelming. Free version doesn't include all the options i need

Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I needed more options. I also liked the list functions.

Natascia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Like But Not Love

It is a pretty good system with a lot of options but it needs a bit of help as it is a bit glitchy.

Pros

ClickUp is absolutely great in that there are many little things you can do with it from setting tasks to assigning multiple subtasks as well.

Cons

It is glitchy when setting up boards as it can take time for things to properly show up.

Top ClickUp Alternatives

Cassandra
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2/1/2024

The project management tool to end all other project management tools

This is the one application that I recommend to friends again and again. It's the best way to manage projects and get tasks done while maintaining visibility with other team members when necessary. If there's ever an issue, ClickUp is there to help and listen. I'll be a ClickUp user for life if the product continues to develop like it has in the past years.

Pros

Regardless the size of my task or complexity of my project, ClickUp provides the tools that I need to stay organized, prioritized, and track important steps in my process. It's helped my team stay on track and accomplish more than we could have ever imagined possible. It's fully customizable and easy to use. Very intuitive and great on desktop and on mobile.

Cons

The mobile app has all the features, but if feels a little clunky in comparison to the desktop app—having to click in the top left, look at the bottom, etc. By no means is it bad, but it took some getting used to.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

Clickup - An Ok Review

Overall experience is not entirely bad. It's decent and I go back to it for task management and collaboration which I think they've sort of gotten right. The modern feel also tends to draw me in.

Pros

So I think I like the interface best about click up. Inviting, grabbing and can be easy to use once you get into it. Love the use of colours and also modern feel. I like that you also document using their notes feature and also the different templates available too.

Cons

So what I don't particularly like is the clutterness. I wish there was something like bases that seperate different bases like airtable here. Would make it easier to access my tasks and other documents. The hierarchical layered folder model feels a bit cluttered to me. The last time I used it. I couldn't also use formula properly. It was frustrating.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I'm currently using more of Airtable now. But I go back to clickup for the modern task management template.
Gal
Gal

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pro's and Con's of ClickUp

ClickUp is one of the greatest tools of the market if you buy the license. It has even more funcionalities that you'll need and its user interface is easy to use.

Pros

ClickUp has lots of funcionalities that allow you to manage your projects freely, all in one place

Cons

Most of its funcionalities are locked behind a paywall

Jira, Trello, monday.com and Asana
Steve
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 8/4/2024

Podcast/E-Learning Production Awesome-ness

It's the program I was looking for, and I don't use a team (yet), which is where it's spending most of its development time (understandably). If/when I am prepared to expand my business, ClickUp will still be the tool.

Pros

GANTT charts and dependencies, timelines and warnings, reminders of steps and re-usable templates episode by episode, online lesson production to next, ClickUp does what I need it to. Anything else is a stand-alone spreadsheet in comparison.

Cons

The initial interface for a new user is truly intimidating, and it doesn't have to be. ClickUp University does a fair job of leading folks through (but it was incomplete when I began using it). So prepare for a period of time for learning its functional power and versatility--and definitely engage the user communities on social media who are very helpful. Recommendations: Design an onboarding experience that shows a more rudimentary interface that increases in complexity as the user gets comfortable and engages new options; right now, it's the opposite: showing everything and having users slim down what they don't need.

Laban

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

All-in-one solution to simplify project management

We have had a great experience with clickup since it has brought about organization and order in our task and project management which has enhanced efficiency.

Pros

I appreciate its customizable nature that enables us to modify our project management workflows according to our project strategies. Its time tracking capabilities have been instrumental in helping us to estimate the time required for each task which enables us to save on time and resources.

Cons

Its mobile application has a lot of room for improvement in its functionality so as to enhance the productivity of project management on the go.

Osmond

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

Innovative platform for streamlining project and workflow management

Pros

I like how clickup enables you to view the gradual progress of your projects in different ways(views) which makes it quite flexible. I also like its vast number of tools for collaborative work and sharing information.

Cons

It would be great if more integrations with third-party tools were added to extend its functionality.

Oyaro

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

Improving productivity and collaboration with Clickup

Pros

The tool provides an easy to use interface and analytics which makes project management easy enhancing productivity through collaboration.

Cons

The tool works well and we have not encountered any issue so far.

Yann
Yann
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

THE project management tool (after having tried several others)

ClickUp has quickly become the tool I manage most of my business tasks, projects, and work.

There are only a couple of tools I use on a daily basis — and that help move my business forward — and ClickUp is at the top of the list!

Pros

There's plenty of things I like about ClickUp.

What stands up for me is its user interface and, among other things, the ability to easily switch the dashboard view from Task List and Calendar to Board (Kanban-like).

There's so much one can do in terms of organizing the project management spaces and products, as well as features and options you can add to and activate for specific tasks — labels, due dates, assignment and dependencies (great for when you have task B that can be completed only after task A has been completed).

And ClickUp has something I consider a MUST for a project management tool, but that some still don't have, a smartphone and tablet app.

Cons

ClickUp has quite the variety of features and this may feel a little bit overwhelming, especially when starting out with the tool

Things

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I felt that the information displayed with the Kanban view in Trello board started to become challenging to understand and process, as the board became more and more populated with content. It began feeling "too crowded".

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I was drawn by its array of features and design
Dominique

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Asana on Steroids

Pros

Not only is ClickUp more robust than other management softwares on the market it is more visually appealing. The commitment to providing different templates instead of taking a silly "minimalist" approach that seems to be trendy everywhere even in areas/industries where it doesn't make sense is great and allows project managers to provide different views of a project to get the full perspective on where the progress is and needs to go.

Transparency and Innovation
The constant improvement and level of transparency they provide in terms of where the product is going along with the genuine consideration they give their users by not only providing a transparent way to make suggestions but also ACTUALLY act on them is amazing.

Reasonably Priced
The best part is that they openly and freely provide a way to negotiate price and provide very reasonable fair pricing that doesn't leave small businesses struggling to stay organized. Many competitors have very rigid pricing that leaves 2 people teams with big projects and tiny budgets SOL. Had we not been able to negotiate we would not have been able to sign up for pro.

As with anything great they're not completely perfect, there's still some features that feel missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication) but thats OK —  its still a company ran by real humans and nobody is perfect. But I do think between the open roadmap, constant improvement, tonne of features and negotiable price they're pretty close.

Cons

Missing Features
Some more seemingly basic features seem to be missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication)

IG
Instagram integrated view like twitter doesn't exist yet

More is more (things to learn)
If you're like me and not a project manager/ have a clear vision of how you need to set up your views it can be overwhelming - there's definitely a lot to learn

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Price and view options relative to subscription level —> basic things were not locked away and higher priced subscriptions like their competitors do and they were willing to negotiate price given the size of our team.
Olakunle

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

Pros

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

Cons

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Olakunle!

Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free!

We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/

Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

Replied 1/7/2021
Paddy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/4/2022

Solid, constantly improving, one to rule them all

One of the few SaaS I chose to pay for instead of using the (well featured) free tier. Recent job needed non-user people to submit dietary requirements, 2 minutes later I had a form that crated tasks that were assigned to the catering manager who could then update their statuses as they made the necessary changes. Click-Up is almost a platform upon which to create custom line-of-bisiness applications, so rather than being bound to a particular tool's workflow/constraints you're always able to tweak any feature to fit your own way of working.

Pros

Like lists? Click-Up does lists. Like Gantt charts, done. Kanban boards? Yep. Need to see the calendar or some kind of timeline? Yep. Mind maps? Got'em. Whiteboards? Yep. Public forms? You guessed it. The bit where it gets useful is that they're all just views on the same underlying data, so everyone can work how they prefer. Automations are functional and included, big plus for project management. Updates are constant, with new features and integrations available to add/vote on.

Cons

The default UI is very low contrast and horrible. There are high contrast and dark modes, which I suggest for anyone wanting functionality. The power can make the tool seem a little daunting when you're getting started, but start simple then explore.

Freedcamp, Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Trello hit a ceiling pretty quickly - automations or getting data out or custom fields etc. Simple but inflexible by comparison.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Right balance of price and functionality, and the active development of user-requested features means you always feel like you're getting value. It replaces a few other tools, too. Bug tracking, project management, etc.

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

Great small business management option.

Pros

As a small business owner I loved that I could use ClickUp to perform the task of several other platforms, which keeps my subscription costs down and all my stuff in one place. It can get overwhelming and unproductive having data in various different places, so ClickUp has been able to help us solve that problem.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a bit slow, but I believe they've done a lot of work on improving the servers lately to address this issue. The thing I like least isnt against the software, but rather that there is SO many options, so you really need to do some planning before you dive in, so you don't get overwhelmed and lost in the options. There is lots of YouTube videos with ideas, but really, you need to work out what will work for you and your business. Once you do that pre-work, it makes the setup and use a lot easier. No 2 businesses are exactly the same when it comes to requirements. Take the time to work out what works for you.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied 24/8/2022
Jay

Reviewed on 3/10/2022

Clickup Gets the Job Done

Pros

It has a lot of features. It allows automation which is very helpful for saving time creating tasks. It allows you to track time of employees and manage if you are overloading the employees. It provides a lot of views to better understand the project.

Cons

I think that the documents could use a lot more work. It feels far behind Notion in that regard.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It provides a view like trello with more features.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It had a gantt chart view at that time.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Jay!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all!

Have an amazing and productive day!

Replied 4/10/2022
Amit
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Think of a feature you would wish and ClickUp already have it. and it's improving all the...

This tool has helped both the project manager and developers to better time tracking and get sprint timing lot more accurate.

Pros

Time tracking, ability to work on tasks through calendar, code highlights in tasks, team assignments, modern UI and continuous improvement through regular updates and introduction of new features.

Cons

So far we have not come across any requirements that ClickUp falls short of. Some new users finds the learning curve bit time consuming but personally, that is rare as most users gets cracking straight away.

Jira, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Switch was very easy in our case as we stopped using Todoist on previous stream and started working on ClickUp when the new work stream started. This means there was no moving tasks or bugs.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

modern UI, Code highlighter, fast interface and lighter and easy to maintain. Plus 100 and 1 million features.

Response from ClickUp

Hey there! Thanks so much for the amazing 5 star review! ����

We really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and we're beyond thrilled that you are happy with the platform. That truly makes our day! ☀️

Replied 30/11/2022
Moses Lookman
Moses Lookman

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

The only task management tool you'll ever need

Overall, I've had a really positive experience with ClickUp. It's been a very useful tool for me, and I've been able to customize it to fit my needs. I also like that it's constantly being updated with new features and improvements. It's clear that the team behind ClickUp is working hard to make it the best tool it can be.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy to use ClickUp is. The user interface is very clean and simple, and there are a lot of great features that make it easy to organize and manage tasks. I also like that there are different views, such as Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and lists, so you can choose the view that works best for you. And I really appreciate the ability to customize the interface to suit my needs.

Cons

There are a few areas where ClickUp could improve. One is the search function. It's not always as intuitive as it could be, and sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for. Another area that could be improved is the mobile app - while it's functional, it's not quite as user-friendly as the web version. And lastly, the reporting features could be a bit more robust.

monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I found that ClickUp had more features and was more customizable. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is more affordable than Trello.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I ultimately decided on ClickUp because I felt like it had the best combination of features, affordability, and ease of use. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is constantly adding new features, which made me feel like it would be a good long-term solution.

Reviewed on 16/2/2019

Best Project Management Tool I've Ever Used

I use ClickUp exclusively as a solo user for my personal projects at the moment, although I'm trying to sell the idea to my employer to move a small team toward this to replace our current project planning and bug tracking solutions.
I was so impressed that I upgraded to the Unlimited paid plan and intend to be a lifelong customer.
I absolutely love ClickUp and highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros

-Packed with features and options; advanced features are called "ClickApps" and can be turned on/off by an admin, depending on the team's needs.
-Beautiful UI, with relatively intuitive layout
-Lots of view options: by Time (i.e. a calendar), List, Kanban board, Box (cool idea I haven't seen before), Gantt chart (paid feature), and Reports.
-I love how they allow you to minimize a task to pin it to the bottom of your window for easy access. I regularly pin my top 3-4 tasks I need to urgently work on, which could otherwise get forgotten (although their reminders and notifications system is quite robust, those help too).
-The notepad feature is such a great idea. Perfect for having a convenient way to jot down rough notes, which you can later convert to a task if desired.
-Fast development team: features and improvements are rapidly added.
-Unlike a lot of their competition, they listen to users and are transparent with their roadmap: ClickUp uses a feature feedback tool called Canny to let users suggest and vote on features/improvements/bugs (see clickup.canny.io/). They also publish their roadmap, with regular updates, so you know what is coming (see docs.clickup.com/features/roadmap). I regularly check both of these pages and absolutely love this.
-ClickUp's Support team is amazing. Large amounts of written and video content get posted regularly to teach you how to use various features. And if you get stuck, their Support team responds very quickly.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to figuring out how best to fit their many levels of hierarchy that groups of tasks can follow: ClickUp offers spaces, projects, project lists, tasks, sub-tasks, checklists, and "checked lists" (an alternative to bullet points within a description box), as well as tags and the newly-introduced goals.
With all these options, it can certainly be confusing on how to structure your to-dos.
My advice is to 1) watch as many of their support videos as you need to understand what they offer and 2) use only what you know you immediately need, then ignore other features until you see a need in your projects.

Andreas

Reviewed on 31/3/2019

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us).
For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week.
Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another.
Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it.
Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed.
To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us.
We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Eva
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/4/2019

Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects

Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros

I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks – with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

Bhavik Singh
Bhavik Singh

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

Want to organize tasks? Look up for ClickUp!

ClickUp is a great task management tool that helps me keep my team organized and on track. I love that I can create custom tasks and subtasks and that I can collaborate with my team on each task. ClickUp has also been a great way to keep my team organized, as I can create spaces for each team member and assign tasks accordingly. Overall, I highly recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.

Pros

I have been using ClickUp for some time and absolutely love it. Personally, it has helped me to be more organized and productive. I know these two words get overused like some random metaphors, but it's no less than the truth.

I love that I can customize the tasks, and subtasks and collaborate with my team. The spaces feature is also very helpful. It helped us define spaces for different functions (marketing, content, devs, etc.). The tasks are also very customizable, which is great if you need to add subtasks or collaborate with others.

In addition, the UI is pretty user-friendly, and the support is great. Overall, I would recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.
So, if you're looking for a great task management tool, ClickUp is definitely worth checking out.

Cons

I don't have many complaints, but if there were one thing that really annoys me about ClickUp is that it sometimes tends to lag big time when there is a lot of data on the content board or the document/editor. It becomes quite annoying when you're short of time. Apart from that, there's one more thing that makes the content board kind of cluttered. When I look at the finished tasks, I could see some of them from 3-4 months back. Now, over time, these grow and look cluttered. I wish there was a way where the finished tasks get archived or something after a month and a half to keep the dashboard clear. You see, a cluttered desk leads to a cluttered mind... not something desirable.

merve

Reviewed on 5/12/2022

Excellent tool for tracking and collaboration

Logistically, it is excellent; we can organize the activities to be completed in a way that is well-balanced. Without a doubt, this enables me to distribute the work in a very favorable way and is crucial for the creation of the targets. The application unquestionably sets up solid standards for how to handle group assignments. The program is simple to use and essential for completing a variety of activities.

Pros

I use ClickUp to manage a university CRM team, and it's a great tool. I've set up a workspace with sections for marketing, customer service, finances, etc. My team project planning, personal task management, notes, calendar, and email are all combined in one practical, shareable application via Clickup. I initially believed that their "save a day a week" campaign was a hoax, but the administrative duplication that has been removed easily generates that savings and more.

Cons

There is a need to address the learning curve. My company's senior project managers struggled to understand workspaces, spaces, and folders. Meeting invitation requests through the calendar would facilitate meetings; nonetheless, this functionality is not essential but would improve its efficiency.

Response from ClickUp

Hey there! Thank you for the feedback! ����

We're sad to hear that you and your team members struggled with learning to use the platform, but we'd love to hear any ideas you have for improvements in this area. Feel free to share your suggestions on our feedback boards! Our Product team reviews every post and that's truly the best way for your ideas to be considered!����

In the meantime, please contact us at [email protected] whenever you or your team struggle with anything in the platform or anytime you have any questions. Our Support team is available anytime and we're always happy to help!✨

Replied 9/12/2022

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

A Pleasant Surprise Over Jira

My journey from Jira to ClickUp has been unexpectedly positive. ClickUp offers a user-friendly experience and cost-effectiveness that we appreciate, even though it may not be as feature-rich as Jira.

Pros

I've been using Jira for quite some time, but recently, I decided to give ClickUp a try, and to my surprise, it's been a delightful experience. ClickUp's user interface is refreshingly simple and intuitive, making it easy for everyone on my team to get on board. One of its standout features is its affordability, which is a breath of fresh air, especially for smaller teams. ClickUp may not have all the bells and whistles of Jira, but it offers a solid set of project management features that are more than sufficient for our needs. The integration options are pretty decent too, allowing us to connect with the tools we rely on.

Cons

While ClickUp has been a pleasant surprise, it's not without its limitations. It may not match Jira's extensive project management capabilities, which can be a drawback for larger, more complex projects. Additionally, the reporting and analytics features aren't as robust as those in Jira, but they do get the job done. Integration with other tools, while adequate, lacks the seamless experience you'd find with Jira and its ecosystem.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Chris! 👋

Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about your experience. We're thrilled to hear that your transition from Jira to ClickUp was simple and pleasant!

Our Support experts would love to learn more about the project management, reporting, and integration capabilities that you have been unable to accomplish in ClickUp compared to Jira. There may be some ClickUp features you haven't explored yet that can handle these needs, and they will be able to provide tips, tricks, and recommendations tailored to your unique use case!

We're growing 1% every day and look forward to providing you with even more value as we continue to develop. 🪴

Replied 31/10/2023
Boryana
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Decent tool. Works for my multidisciplinary team.

Fairly positive. Overall it is very useful, we have used it to manage our team work, track and report project progress, do planning, etc.
Bear in mind that we are a multidisciplinary work, so we've tried to make it work both for delivery/ tech functions and research and strategy.
The only drawbacks are the small customisations we haven't been able to make (e.g. the weekly view to start on a differerent day) and the syncing time / loading time.

Pros

1. Helps us manage our workload and set the expectations right. It allows us to plan and forecast work: we get to understand the pace at which we move on projects, it allows us to understand what blockers have occured and how long it takes us to deal with them.
2. Allows us to see clearly where we have dependencies (so that no task or person on the team blocks another person to do their tasks). We use it to optimise our sprints.
3. Supports productivity and team collaboration: during the sprint check-ins, we refer to teh burn-down charts to see if we are on track and if anyone needs help.

Cons

1. Syncing takes time. E.g. Once we have planned our month, we input all information in ClickUp and so it happends that a few people make changes in parallel and we refresh and give time for the changes to appear.
2. Some of the views don't load propearly occasionally. E.g. In the Workload view, the users with their workload for the week disappear and we cannot see our workload. Refreshing the view helps, but can be annoying.
3. We haven't found a way to track time for personal projects and not have them appear in the reporting. E.g. I want to time tracked for volunteering, which is separate from our work and my time utilisation at work, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All time tracked goes to utilisation. The same way we need to track time for time off. It would be good if this gets implemented.
4. There is a weekly view, however it would be better for us to get a view not starting on Monday, but on the first day of our sprint (in our case Wednesday).