Airtable Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Airtable

Airtable is a cloud-based project management solution targeting small to midsize businesses as well as departments within larger companies. This system focuses primarily on data organization and collaboration. The system uses a...

Browse Airtable Reviews

1,957 of 1,957 reviews
Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers.
A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

Airtable is our data management system

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

Pros

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

Cons

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

Katie

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Downhill

Pros

I have been an Airtable user for years, and have always been impressed with its ease of use and the pace of improvements to the product itself.

Cons

Airtable has recently suffered from a lack of customer support while simultaneously (in my experience) a higher rate of usability issues/bugs. Now, they've changed their pricing structure to revoke email support from the lowest priced tier. They expect users to be able to solve their own problems via the community discussion boards and less-than-sufficient/often outdated self help articles/pages. If there was a robust library of documentation, this might be acceptable, but there is not. We might consider upgrading to the higher tier of service, but I have submitted at least 5 contact forms to speak with a salesperson, but have not received any outreach from their sales team. I suspect we will have no choice but to abandon Airtable, since we use it for critical business operations and cannot risk having it break without any customer support to troubleshoot, but also we have been unable to get in touch with any salesperson to upgrade to the higher-level accounts that come with email support.

Top Airtable Alternatives

• Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 10/12/2023

Handy Collaboration Software for Remote Teams

We've been very happy with the service from Airtable for managing some of our tasks and collaborative environments. It has a very intuitive design, you can just pick it up and start using it as soon as, and it basically requires no setup which was good for our IT resources. Other than that, it's reasonably priced, and maintains good performance even when a few people are working on the same sheet at the same time. Very happy overall.

Pros

We really enjoy having a lot of different features available that we can explore, mainly stuff like document management, database, and data workflows. It lets you cover different needs without having to get a few separate tools and ten have to sync them together. The ability to consolidate all those feature sunder one roof is also good for the budget of course.

Cons

I'm not sure if it rises up to the level of tools like Monday and Asana for project management. There aren't as many project customization options and it tends to get a bit all over the place when the number of projects starts to increase. It would be good to have more views for projects and more customizations on the project level.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

We were looking for something that was easy to use that we wouldn't have to spend a lot of time learning how to use it. And Airtable looked a lot more intuitive and easy to use compared to Smartsheet which looked a bit complex and clunky
Ali
Ali

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Airtable Streamlines Client/Agency Collaboration

We have also used Airtable as a database for clients -- it's a great collaborative tool and has more flexibility than Google Sheets/Excel.

Pros

Airtable makes it easy for our agency to collaborate with clients on content management. Previously, we used Asana but the client could see too much into our internal back-end and collaboration. Airtable allows clients to see the front end, as well as submit revision request. This creates a cleaner, more professional experience for our clients.

Cons

It has come with a slight learning curve, but if you take the time upfront to determine the most efficient ways to set up your bases; the time it takes to set it up/learn is minimal compared to how much time it will save you long-term!

Trello, Planoly and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We made the switch to create a better connect management and approval system for our clients!

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable was the most versatile! It allows us customize each base for each client depending on their unique needs!
Stephanie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/2/2024

Great for Small Office Management

Pros

It's very intuitive and I can change things as needed without worrying about ruining the whole system.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out the best way to set up the system to meet my needs.

Maria
Maria
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 8/2/2024

6 months of user experience in the textile area.

In our case we have used it as a production manager, thus controlling the planning and managing the quality of the garments and giving greater profitability to the company.

Pros

Its ability to integrate with other well-known and important applications is remarkable. But the most important thing is to be able to access the Airtable database without the need of an internet connection.

Cons

Some functions are missing compared to its peers, such as task management. In addition, the support area sometimes takes longer than necessary to answer queries.

Andrina
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 6/1/2024

Good user interface

Pros

It has a decent user interface and you can integrate a lot of features.

Cons

Can be confusing at first, if using it as a CRM.

Yi-Tzu
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/1/2024

Great tool for general insight

Pros

The survey, data collection, and data analysis have been useful in providing a snapshot of personal performance.

Cons

This could be individual organizations' issue but sometimes too many parameters can be confusing.

Robyn
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/1/2024

Great organisational tool for self or teams!

Pros

Great organisational tool for self or teams!

Cons

lots of functions that it took a while for me to understand usage

Delia
Delia

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Why I use Airtable to store my data

I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered.

Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Pros

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder).

Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code.

It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc.

You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Cons

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Theresa

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We came across Airtable and saw that it was much better than what we were currently utilizing.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable seemed like the more affordable choice.
Tyler
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

ProofHub

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable seemed like the entrance to learning was a lot easier, and it was generic enough where we could make it exactly what we wanted it to be. Also, our devs team was very familiar with the Airtable API, which is well documented and makes it easy to integrate with our third party products.
Mayank
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Bynder

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Bynder

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.
Kevin
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.
Aimee
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 24/9/2022

Data collection powerhouse & beautiful intuitive forms

I love everything about Airtable and it’s an invaluable part of my business operations. I use it daily. I have created so many forms and I used multiple other software‘s in the past to collect data from my students. I found that every single other software that I used had limitations and costs associated with it that just continue to go up the more forms I created. The thing I love the most about Airtable is that it has a beautiful interface, it’s free to use, and I don’t ever lose access to my data.

Pros

I love everything about the forms in Airtable. They are completely customizable. They populate the data in an easy-to-read spreadsheet. It sends me automatic notifications every time that someone fills out a form. It keeps all of my systems and my school organized because I have a form for everything and there are no limits on how many forms I can have it really has allowed me to create a beautiful system of collecting data.

Cons

There’s a ton of features in Airtable that I don’t use. I think when I first started I spent a long time trying to figure out how I can use their other features. However, I don’t think that every feature that they have is worth using. However, since there is no cost to Airtable that doesn’t matter.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

Powerful and Flexible Database Management with Airtable

Overall, Airtable is an incredibly powerful and flexible database management tool that makes it easy to capture, organize, and access data. Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to customize my database to fit my needs. While it can be expensive and overwhelming for some users, its learning curve is manageable.

Pros

Airtable is an extremely powerful and flexible database management tool that allows me to quickly capture, organize, and access data across multiple platforms. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to set up and manage my database, and its powerful features allow me to customize my database to fit my needs.

Cons

Despite its powerful capabilities, Airtable does have some drawbacks. Its pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for some users, and its customization options can be overwhelming. Additionally, some users may find its learning curve to be steep.

Reviewed on 19/8/2023

Seamless Organization and Automation

Airtable has transformed our workflow. It lets us organize, manage, and automate our projects and tasks in a way that's tailored to our unique needs. The customization options are endless, and we've created the perfect interface for every project. We plan to continue to expand our use of Airtable and are actually now hiring a new team member to look after data, which I suspect will further our use of Airtable.

Pros

We love Airtable's outstanding automation and linking features. Automating repetitive tasks and connecting our data to other platforms has been a breeze, saving us a lot of manual work. The interface is so user-friendly that it hardly feels like we're dealing with a database. We can easily create custom views for different projects, and it's great to be able to adjust the interface to meet our specific needs. I personally really like the calendar and kanban views, and the easy to build dashboards and highly flexible interfaces. These have allowed us to modernize old processes.

Cons

Initially, there was a bit of a learning curve with Airtable. But once we got the hang of it, the possibilities seemed endless and we want to integrate it even further into our work. The only real con we’ve encountered has to do with the need to add collaborators to a base, and accordingly the cost associated with this.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Asana was great for project tracking, but Airtable does so much more. We prefer a smaller number of tools.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

We chose Airtable due to its versatility. The customization of views, linking between records, and automation capabilities make it stand out. The user interface is also more visually pleasing and intuitive than a typical spreadsheet or CRM.
Devlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features.

I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Pros

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features.

It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook.

The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include.

You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Cons

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level.

One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Colin
Colin

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

A robust, flexible tool for organizing just about anything

I have built web-based apps to manage content for membership sites in the past, and first explored Airtable as a way to shorten and simplify the development process. This was a real success. I found it easy and quick to set up equivalent databases, storing content that could be customized on the fly for individual users, and controlling availability of assets by subscription level, by embedding views of an Airtable base on my own site.

I have also used Airtable to build apps for managing simple manufacturing and order fulfillment workflows, and for agricultural herd and asset management. Airtable makes it far simpler and faster to set up a productive app than by building and coding a custom solution.

Pros

I found it very easy to get started building useful bases. There are a lot of features and the possibilities are almost limitless, but the basics are fairly easy to understand, and very flexible, so once you get used to the way the tools work you can modify things and build out your bases quickly.

A key feature is the library of example bases. You can install a clone of any of them into your own account and use it as a starting point for your own project, or just explore how it's built to learn how everything works.

I really appreciate how easy it is to move existing data into Airtable bases, and to export them. Again, very flexible.

I find the app quite intuitive, and the help docs are excellent when questions come up. It's a huge time saver when compared to what would be required to build a database and web app interface from scratch.

Cons

I haven't find much to dislike. Early on I did hit the limits for the number of records available in a free account, but since it's free it's not really a complaint, just a limitation to be aware of.

I have found it a bit challenging to set up some more complex field relationships, for example calculations based on summaries of grouped records, but the newer add on functionalities allowing scripted manipulation of data in fields and conditional operations make it possible to do just about anything you can think of, so if you're ready for a paid account you can find a way to do most anything.

Madelyn
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 15/6/2022

Airtable Makes Our World Go Round!

We LOVE. AIRTABLE! It's something we use daily, and it is the heart of our operation. We could not be as cohesive and productive without it. They are always updating, changing, and improving their software, and we are so grateful for that. We recommend Airtable to anyone and everyone we encounter in the business world, and I personally use the free version of Airtable to help organize my own personal life in many different ways (Christmas shopping, garden planning, groceries, etc.). It's not often you find a program that can help fully organize and run a business, while also being able to be an asset in your personal life, and Airtable bridges that gap beautifully.

I could not recommend Airtable any more highly!

Pros

We love Airtable here at Kindred, and use it consistently, every single day. It's our hub for data, collaboration, task management, some scheduling, and just general across the board connectivity. It's consistently being updated and upgraded with new and improved features that we are always looking to implement. Airtable can do it all. It's great for our team because of the option for different views of the same information. Some team members are most productive with a classic "excel" view, while others prefer more pictures/visually appealing views to help them find the most success. Airtable allows all of that flexibility for our whole team, and as I've said before, we couldn't live without it.

Cons

In terms of cons, there are a few things that I think could make Airtable better. For example, while there are lots of online forums and resources for any question you could imagine regarding how to make Airtable work even better for your team, we are unable to hop on a call with any customer service representatives. Call me old school, but this is something that is truly a big downside for me, when I'm not able to jump on a phone call and ask a few quick questions. They do get back to you over email, however, it typically takes 2-3 times as long to resolve an issue that way. It would also be nice to just have the chance to hop on a Zoom call with an Airtable representative to talk about ways to make our Base work better, and I'm not aware of any way that is possible!

The other thing is, there is no way to connect emails/texts/phone calls to the base. For us, that would be a game changer, if we were able to merge our email server with Airtable, and would help us be even more synchronized and organized. Not a must - but it's definitely on our dream list!

Enrico
Enrico
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Most powerful and flexible project management tool ever

Airtable became my one stop shop for managing data / projetcs / processes - no more spreadsheets.

Pros

Most pleople start Google Sheets or Excel when they need to "control" something (a projetct, to-do list, CRM, content calender, inventory, etc). Airtable is a perfect tool to replace this: it has the "spreadsheet" feel, making it so easy to start, but it can go much further than a spreadsheet, both in terms of the amount of dimensions you are able to control and reports you can easily generate. You can scale it to a full ERP and CRM system, step by step, customized exacly the way you want.

Cons

The inability to link data from multiple bases . So you either have to build a giant base or you have to duplicate data in different bases. There has been some positive developments on this front, though.

ClickUp

Much more scalable

Asana and Microsoft Excel

Easier to use
Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 10/5/2023

Powerful software to organize our workflow and manage projects and tasks.

We can keep all of the information from many platforms together and constantly up to date, which cuts down on the time it takes to search Google or Outlook because it's already in Airtable. He has been an amazing performer in my field of work in tracking our workflow, allowing us to handle project information more efficiently and construct easy programs for our clients and ourselves without coding, nothing complicated. We can configure access levels for different users and build custom views in Airtable, which has helped us keep track of our equipment, calibrations, supporting papers, and manuals.

Pros

The capacity you have got to speed up work and open potential with effective apps that interface your information, workflows and groups, makes collaboration more effective and makes a difference keep a great record of all exercises performed during work . What I just like the most around Airtable is its client interface since it takes after that of a spreadsheet; it has made it simpler to get it, I like its effortlessness and the wide assortment of apparatuses it offers; permits you to effortlessly make basic programs and custom databases in minutes without coding. It's a awesome out-of-the-box arrangement for those looking to upgrade from Exceed expectations and Google Docs, my company was seeking out for a stage to store and oversee numerous of our information sets and workflows.

Cons

Some tools or settings are still in the Beta phase, which might cause some confusion; although being straightforward and simple to use, some features impose a tiny learning curve, and the mobile application interface is not that simple. We began utilizing Airtable for a single solution but it was incredibly expensive; as we worked out how to utilize it for many more applications, the expense became justified.

Rukmini

Reviewed on 15/10/2023

A fantastic tool for almost any project

As a company, we've explored various project management tools over the past few years, and we've confidently settled on AirTable as our top choice.I highly recomment it.

Pros

I appreciate how user-friendly AirTable is, thanks to its straightforward onboarding, color coding, and flexibility. I've used AirTable in my last two jobs, and it has boosted my team's efficiency enormously. Our teams rely on AirTable daily to oversee a wide range of projects, from small projects to complex ones. My favorite feature of AirTable is the ability to use filters to quickly access specific data. This is incredibly useful for assessing project status and team capacity, which, in turn, helps with future assignments. AirTable is versatile, catering to both entry-level users for managing individual tasks and supervisors seeking insights into team performance and project allocation.

Cons

Documentation could be improved, I would say.

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Main tool

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros

Easy start.
Speedy app.
Flexible uses.
Customizable.
Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use.
Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources.
Constantly evolving.
Strong learning resources available.

Cons

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Zenkit and MindManager