About NueMD

NueMD offers a suite of cloud-based software and medical billing services for practices of all sizes. NueMD is an integrated practice management, medical billing, electronic health recording and appointment scheduling...

Browse NueMD Reviews

Tami W.

Reviewed on 1/8/2014

Would highly recommend NueMD for your Practice Management. A++++++++++++++

I am the Office Manager here at a pediatrics office and I absolutely love this software. The majority of my time consists of the patient billing: entering of charges, posting of payments and printing of reports. Each of these are very simple to easy to use. My ONLY complaint is that searching for a diagnosis code, then inserting into the claim is a bit cumbersome. Still haven't mastered it yet, and have been here a year. Posting claims, correcting claims, posting payments and sending statements are all a breeze. Entering of patient demographics is easy to maneuver. The patient insurance screen is so simple. I have used a number of medical software programs, and the insurance screens are by far the easiest with NueMD.

As a manager, I have to print many reports both daily and monthly. The ease of printing a variety of reports with NueMD has made my job easier as well. In addition, as the key administrator for NueMD in our office, my responsibility includes the addition of new employees. Such a simple process. Likewise, adding new insurance companies is a breeze.

In regards to customer service, I feel very fortunate to have the availability to email Dotty at NueMD whenever I have questions. She ROCKS!!! It is very reassuring to know that I typically will receive a very timely reply. There has been a few questions that have taken quite a long time get resolved, but these involved technical support. I am quite certain that every situation can not be resolved immediately. Additionally, we seem to have "NueMD slow" times through out the day, and that can be quite annoying, although I am unsure how the connectivity to the "the Cloud" affects NueMD?

In closing, I would highly recommend NueMD. Best Practice Management software ever!!!

Response from NueMD

Hey Tami, thanks so much for the review! It's great to know that you appreciate Dotty as much as us here at NueMD!

Replied 8/8/2014
Michele S.

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

WANT SOMETHING GREAT ? CHOOSE NUEMD !

USING THIS PRODUCT IS EASY AND STRESS FREE, WHICH IS VERY NICE IN THE ENVIROMENT OF THE WORK PLACE. ANYTHING THAT MAKES THE JOB EASY IS FOR ME

Pros

I LIKE HOW EASY IT IS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH AND ALSO BEING ABLE TO CHAT LIVE WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Cons

NOT BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER DATA FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER.

Response from NueMD

Thanks for your feedback, Michele. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying our product.

Replied 5/8/2016
Cheryl B.

Reviewed on 4/8/2014

Nue md Easy to use software

I am a medical biller and use 3 different systems for my job. Nue MD is the most user friendly software, where I can enter all my claims , payments without any problems. The reports are numerous and very informative for my clients. Everything is easy to find and if I have a question about anything, an answer is always a click away. Honestly I have not used a better medical system, I can clearly find anything I need to keep the accounts clean and accurate.

My only con would be the pricing for smaller companies, it is a large setup fee for small offices that do not see that many patients. This is why I have 3 different systems to accommodate the smaller physicians.

Overall a wonderful product for medical billing and I have never had a problem with service or software.

Response from NueMD

Thanks for the feedback Cheryl! Glad we were able to create reports that are informative and understandable to you and your payers.

Replied 8/8/2014
Amos O.

Reviewed on 18/3/2020

Great Software

It helped me grow my business a lot, offers a great lot of opportunities

Pros

The product is very easy to use, it's is very convenient and customer satisfactory

Cons

It should improve more on its customers service, great app by the way

Stephanie H.

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

User Friendly Software with Great Pricing Options

I found this software for a client that wanted to use a software that would integrate with their existing Practice Fusion EHR and after some research, we chose NueMD for this practice. This software is very user friendly. I was able to set up the system with the little assistance needed from their training department. However, the training staff was very friendly and helpful! I was so impressed with this software and its support staff, that I have since switched to this software for my own billing company.
One appealing consideration for this software for me was their pricing options. The monthly fee is based on your EDI usage, not by provider or user. This is great for companies like mine that services smaller groups. It is nice not to have to spend as much for the client that only does 20 billings in a month vs a client that does over 500 billings in a month.
They also have a built-in clearing house that you are required to use. I will admit, I was a bit put off by this at first. I had used the same clearing house for most of my career! I was hesitant to leave them, but it was unwarranted. The NueMD clearing house is actually a great feature. It is very time efficient to have the EDI tracking automatically noted right into your claim. And the cost is included in the monthly fee, so that was another expense that was done away with! Not only do I now pay less for each client than I did before, I no longer have the additional clearinghouse fee.
The training and setup fees are also VERY reasonable. They also go at your speed for the training. After 15 years of setting up various billing softwares, I was not wanting to sit through two weeks of training that was unnecessary. While they DO offer the full on training for staff that does not have extensive software knowledge, they were willing to work with me and set up my training to my specific questions and verifying that the setup I did was correct. For me, this was a huge plus that was not offered by other companies.
I will say that it does lack some bells and whistles and I cannot speak of the EHR component as I do not utilize that service, but overall it is a great billing software and I would definitely recommend them! I made the switch 6 months ago now and my client has been on for 9 months. We are both very happy with our choice in this product.

Pros

Pricing, ease of setup and use, claims management screen is a great tool, EHR integration, pricing, support staff, amazing user guides!, clearinghouse included, oh and did I mention GREAT PRICING??!! One of the best assets of NueMD is the New Account rep, Michael Palmer! What an amazing rep! He stays with you until the end of your set up. He follows up with you on a regular basis to ensure all aspects are being completed as quickly as possible. I have never experienced that before. Usually, once you are handed off to the training and setup, you don't hear from the New Account rep. Not the case with this company. Mr. Palmer is wonderful!

Cons

A/R report lacks patient information. This is frustrating for old-school billers like me that love their reports, but the claims management screen tend to make that a non-issue as all the information you need is on that screen and that screen has all the claims on your reports.
Reports, while they can be customized and sorted, there are limited choices in the customizing and sorting. They do have additional reporting packages though if you need advanced reporting.
You can only have one session open at a time. Some billers like to have multiple sessions open so that they can field calls while still working on other things without losing a place.

Denise C.

Reviewed on 11/3/2015

Since we upgraded to NueMD my Insurance reimbursement rate went up..

Pros

I like everything about NueMD. The billing software is so easy. My reimbursement rate went up to 98%. The scheduling side is great. I like the color coding for each apt size. When ever I have been stuck on anything they have helped me with live chat or on the phone and even email. I am the office manger and biller. So I do all my billing at home and sometimes real late. When I have had an issue, I would email them and the next day when I returned to work in my mail box would be the fix to my problem.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about them. I was a little disappointed when NueMD and Sevocity Broke up. We had did keep Sevocity as our EHR. We have not looked into NeuMD's EHR. But if it is anything like the billing and scheduling it will be wonderful.
I have nothing bad to say about the customer support. They are amazing and always so friendly.

Rebecca B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 8/9/2017

Customer Service is the Best

Pros

Great customer service. Responsive to any questions and issues - quickly and accurately. Enjoy working with them and their people. Has a far range of features that you can either take advantage of or use on your own to customize to your needs.

Cons

Still some bugs that could be better. Continues to improve with each suggestion. Need to have some information consolidated on one screen when dealing with insurance companies, i.e., Date of Birth on same page as insurance plans and numbers

Blake S.

Reviewed on 31/7/2014

Ideal Solution for your Practice Manager needs

Our practice has been a NueMD client for several years now and we have never looked back.

NueMD is a great Practice Manager platform that adapts to nearly any practice type / specialty yet remains EXTREMELY user-friendly and functional.

More often than not these days, vendors design systems that are overly cumbersome or too rigid for practical application. Just within our company, NueMD has successfully adapted and been applied to accommodate a Chiropractic Practice, Office-Based Diagnostics, Durable Medical Equipment, and even Inpatient / Outpatient Diagnostics.

I can not emphasize enough how easy-to-use this platform is. Any average computer user could effectively navigate and work within the NueMD environment with little to no training within minutes. All of the menus and tasks are logical and straight-forward.

Should trouble arise, it always helps that users are never more than a phone call or InstantMessage away from live help (from someone in the United States). Thinking back on the past 6+ years, I can not recall more than one or two times when we could not access the system, thus it is extremely reliable.

NueMD has done a good job of keeping the program fresh and staying current with required guidelines and regulations via automatic updates and visual facelifts. From the practice point of view, one less thing we have to worry about goes a long way in allowing us to focus on our business.

I would highly recommend this platform to any potential client in search of an effective cloud-based practice manager solution.

Response from NueMD

Hello Blake, thanks for leaving us a review! We are very pleased that our product works with your company on so many levels. We work hard to be available for our customers and love hearing from you!

Replied 7/8/2014
Kerry G.

Reviewed on 21/7/2017

NueMD the software of the future!

Overall this product is very easy to use and learn. Customer service are always really helpful. They are always coming out with newsletters that are helpful guides or new things they have added to the software for an update.

Pros

I love how everything transfers over to the next screen as long as you have saved your information. I also like how you can stop in the middle of completing the patient information and if you have new insurance to add you can just save and go to top and automatically set up the new insurance information for the facility and then hit back and it will take you right back to the page you were on previously. Software is very easy to learn and they have great training sessions also they can set you up with some guides that take you step by step through the process of getting started.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is when looking up dx codes it doesn't always take you to the correct code if you are putting in partial information and you have to word the dx just right for it to pull up a code you don't have stored in your settings. It would be a lot easier to have a encoder that also helps you with edits.

Teresa E.

Reviewed on 28/4/2017

I am extremely happy with my total experience overall

Its easy to use therefore I have more time to focus on other office duties than billing. It also keep things organized and tracked more efficiently

Pros

It is so easy to learn and is user friendly. We were able to start transmitting claims in just a few days, and Medicare which can take up to 30days was approved to transmit in less than 10days. We started receiving ERA payments within 10days of billing out. I have been in the business for 30 years and I have to say that this has been the easiest transition of setting up and billing without any problems whatsoever that I have ever experienced. The training was easy and friendly. I was really impressed with each department specializing in their own field, and the introduction and welcoming was awesome as well as the user friendly Nuebie Notes to refer to if you forgot anything during training.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet, I am very happy with everything so far. I guess I would have to say the only Con that comes to mind is that I wish I had found your business a long time ago.

Laurene J.

Reviewed on 4/5/2018

Such ease with this program

Pros

I love that it is so user friendly to be honest. It has been easy to train new employees with it. The information is easy to get to under the tabs. Just plain easy to use

Cons

I don't like that all the tabs aren't available when you are in another so you have to go back then to the tab you needed

Jake W.

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

Not for DC's

If you are coding for PT or DC codes the built in "scrubber" to help insurance approval is no better than any other software and it doesn't catch really any mistakes. Like I said, if you're a normal MD going about your day, i'm sure it's fine. Other than that keep looking.

Pros

This is obviously a well funded software that has thought of nearly everything when it comes to the standard medical office visit. The billing/insurance tools are really good... for MD codes.

Cons

If you are not a standard medical practitioner don't even bother. The customization is very limited and not comprehensive enough to be accepted by most insurances (especially PI cases). While it does initially have a fresh new look when you actually start using it you realize it is very click/drop-down heavy. The end result for a specialized clinic notes is less than adequate. I end up having to do a lot of typing to fill in gaps where the software doesn't even have an for macros or hot keys.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Look Elsewhere- Not worth your valuable time and money!

Product itself not too bad and has some pros on easy functionality- however the best system does not stand alone without a competent support team.

Pros

Easy to Use- billing and scheduling in one program is great.

Cons

Too many things to list, but in a nutshell the follow up and communication from account managers, billing services and client services is a headache. From emails to calls, these people seem to enjoy ignoring their clients for some reason- and when you do get contact, they are not the most helpful (interruptive , rude, do not address by credentials by phone or email). Incorrect billing charges and incorrect EHR charges multiple months that I had to correct them on. Lastly, getting your information and records from them when terminating contract is like trying to capture a unicorn-impossible. Do your research on other EHR/billing software and save yourself plenty of hassle. Bottom line- put your money elsewhere.

Tina C.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

NueMD at your finger tips

Pros

it's all one click away, one click paper clams, Appointment scheduling and Medical billing, very user friendly software, webinars always available

Megain F.

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

My practice has no problems with NueMD

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to understand. We have no complaints out of this software. We would recommend it to anyone.

Lacee J.

Reviewed on 4/2/2015

Family Medical Office

Pros

It's easily accessible and easy to train our interns, as well as our physician, on any new features. My favorite feature is being able to recognize the pt's balance in the column on the face sheet or seeing if they have a credit.

Cons

One thing I don't like is when I'm having to revert back to certain tickets to figure out where the patient's balance comes from or where the credit comes from. Sometimes, it very time consuming; it would be easier if we could just place really old tickets that are paid and closed out in a separate area instead of having to dig for them. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Kenneth F.

Reviewed on 14/6/2019

NueMD is awful

Advanced Md who owns NueMd has been a terrible experience. You may think you are saving money by going with this software but I promise you it will be something you soon regret.

Pros

Whatever the pros are they are so outweighed by the awful customer service, program instability and misleading sales reps that they are not worth mentioning.

Cons

God help you if you have to electronically prescribe controlled substances. A true nightmare. We had tickets for issues that were never resolved after literally years of repeated attempts. And I’m the end after we moved to another ehr they are charging HUNSREDS of dollars for storage for read access only until we sort out our AR. Greedy useless company incapable of producing a functional ehr.

Paul D.

Reviewed on 7/6/2017

NueMD is great software with many features to make organization simplified.

Pros

The ease of use is the first positive. Working with customer rep made setting everything up simple. We were able to use our own forms to build templates making record keeping user friendly.

Cons

I haven't had any to report at this time. If there was one thing I would call a con is the slight delay it takes to sign in each time.

Terry P.

Reviewed on 24/2/2014

It is easy to use, and being Web-based makes it even easier to use

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. The screens show you what needs to be completed, and there are many reports that you can run with the ability to customize them based on your needs. If I ever have any questions, the vendor is always available to help. My account manager not only helps, but she explains things to me so that I have a better understanding of how it works.

Cons

I would like to be able to enter more then one patient record for the same patient. I would also like to be able to copy a note on a hold ticket and paste the same note on other tickets. This would enable me to send messages to the vendor for a patient with multiple tickets much much faster.

Ricky C.

Reviewed on 22/1/2016

We love this product

Pros

The software itself is absolutely easy to use and comes with everything our Cardiology practice needs. NueMD contains highly customizable EHR templates, updated ICD's, and simplifies our patient encounter process. Our Cardiologist's take less time typing or dictating their reports and spend more face time encounters with their patient's. NueMD's software has improved our practice's overall efficiency and has added significant value. We are able to synchronize our ultrasound and nuclear imaging reports seamlessly to each patient's record and are able to correspond all encounters to referring MD's with breeze. Surprisingly, the best part about this product, is their support system. They are all very sweet, helpful, and accomodating!

Cons

None. The price is very competitive compared to other EHR software's. I'm amazed how other EHR vendors could charge more and provide less. NueMD definitely has the best value for one's buck!

Marta B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 18/4/2017

Nue MD is easy and effective

Nue MD is easy and effective to use. They are always quick on any support issues, and their system is not hard to use. It is easy to upload into their online filing system, to find patients, and to cross reference patient appointments.

Pros

That you are able to quickly upload your files, and the ease of use.

Cons

N?A

Diana S.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Great product

Nuemd system come with a working manual to help you work through issues or learn something about it. If you can't figure out the system by reading the manual customer service is always on hand to answer and help problem solve. The initial set up for your office can be program with all of your referral sources, billing codes etc...

Pros

the system is easy to navigate and customer service is easy to connect with. The system will allow you to register a patient, schedule, check in/out and billing in a few easy steps.

Cons

At this time I am not finding any cons to report.

Maria V.

Reviewed on 26/2/2015

Great Program!

Pros

What I liked most about this product was being able to navigate it easily and from any computer.

Cons

I did not like how sometimes things where design. I would suggest making it bigger and with brighter colors.

Jeanette H.

Reviewed on 20/5/2015

NueMd is the best and easiest, user friendly product I have ever used

Pros

Easy to use and I never have problems when using NueMD.

Cons

The fact that it is cloud based and if you use WiFi, you will at times have some freeze up. So, I would recommend that you have your own dedicated internet service to avoid these issues, although it does not happen very often.

Crystal M.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

My NueSoft experience

Pros

I love that this software is user friendly. When I started my new position here I was afraid that it would take me weeks before I would know how to navigate NueMD. I was working on my own my very first day. By my third day I didn't need any assistance from my supervisor.

Cons

The system sometimes clocks. Not saying that this is a problem because all programs have their little glitch.