Asana Reviews

About Asana

Asana is a comprehensive project management tool that offers a range of technical features to streamline workflows and enhance collaboration within teams. With its user-friendly interface and robust capabilities, Asana provides...

Browse Asana Reviews

12,406 of 12,406 reviews
Kurt
Kurt

Reviewed on 14/3/2021

Asana is Great for Task Management

Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

Pros

We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

Cons

It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Workamajig's solution for this was just to cumbersome and not user-friendly like Asana is.

Workamajig

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We just found Asana to be the easiest to use and the best fit for our team.
Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Best choice or good alternative

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available.

The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features.

Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet.

Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Well, upon company decision and me as consultant. Monday duly meets our startup company's needs and wants.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I choose Asana the first time. But upon testing other PMS, it seems the other weighs more than Asana.
Sasha

Reviewed on 24/12/2023

Using Asana in Agile teams

I was happy with Asana overall. But I did feel monday.com was a more user intuitive product which resulted in my team switching to it after 1.5 years

Pros

Asana helped my team coordinate multiple projects at the same time. It allowed us to stay focused while still having an overview of everything. Assignment of tasks/projects with timelines to stakeholders was also easy

Cons

I did not use any automated notifications with Asana until much later, it was not as user-intuitive as I'd like.

Top Asana Alternatives

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

Easy to use and quite straightforward

The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros

It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons

I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is more easy to use and looks better.

Trello

Response from Asana

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track!

If you've any follow-up questions, please let us know via our support team (asana.com/support) or community forum (forum.asana.com), we'll be more than happy to help!

Replied 10/6/2020
Katie

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Very handy project management software for SMBs

I love using Asana to manage my business. We literally have everything we're planning to do on there. From stuff like sourcing and logistics, to marketing, we use it to manage our projects in various areas of our work. It's intuitive and easy to set up, and it's got a lot of features for small businesses to log and plan their projects. Would definitely recommend overall.

Pros

I love how you can use it even as a very small company. A lot of the other project management tools we evaluated were either only for large companies or had really low usage limits. Whereas with Asana, we can get all the stuff we want done, and more, without having to jump up three plans in the process. It's also very easy to implement and learn how to use in the beginning

Cons

Nothing sticks out that much, we get the odd bug or issue here and there but it works great almost all the time

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana looked much more suited to small-scale use, whereas the other two had harsh usage limits that would've made it a bit costly for us to use properly.
Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Asana Review 2023

Great platform as our organization recently started to scale. Easy to collaborate, automate tasks, and integrate workspaces like Slack. Not recommended for smaller organizations though, as requires proper management.

Pros

Very simple, straightforward user interface. But, amazing integrations possible with it. Easy to manage tasks with the team - especially the reminder feature!

Cons

It is expensive. Plus, it takes time to manage and keep updated. If you happen to be a small team, go for simpler tools like Trello.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

As the company started to scale, we needed a platform that has better integrations and tools to collaborate.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Wanted to go with the word-of-mouth from fellow project managers - as it offers great integration possibilities.
Dylan
Dylan

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Project management made easy

Overall Asana was a great tool that is a lot more intuitive, customisable and approachable than the vast majority of project management suites I have used and it made my job easier rather than harder.

Pros

As a software developer, Asana is a very intuitive tool to navigate and use, and it made it super easy to manage and prioritize your workload according to your business's particular set of importance criteria.

Cons

There were some very cool features that were locked behind a higher level of paywall which meant that we didn't get the full Asana experience.

Janet
Janet

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

Great product!

Great experience - easy to use, and very helpful in organising my very busy, easily overwhelmed brain.

Pros

I love how it organises me and doesn’t require a steep learning curve to get the hang of it.

Cons

There’s nothing I don’t enjoy about asana - I even have access to the mobile.is there an option to default the task owner to the current user?

Kam Ling
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 30/1/2024

Their UI/UX made me switch to use them

Pros

UI/UX and richer features than its competitors

Cons

Nothing important but Flexibility is not as strong compared to its newer competitors

qasm
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 13/2/2024

Program review Asana

A beautiful application and has many advantages. I recommend trying it

Pros

The program is very smart and solves a big problem at work. I loved some of the good features in it

Cons

The customer service center needs to be modified. I did not like it

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

The most intuitive project management tool!

Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

Cons

I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Kantata and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Asana

My team didn't require the time-tracking and Slack / Invision integrations that some of the other more expensive project management systems offered. Asana covered all of our basic project management needs, had a clean interface, and was a very fair price!
Jillian

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Best Project Management Platform

My team manages Marketing Campaigns and Design Projects with Asana - we did a trial with Monday.com and ended up staying with Asana because of the over all features and capability of the platform along with ease of daily use...Asana is by far the most user friendly task management platform available!

Pros

I have recently optimized my team Asana usage by increasing the number of projects they can manage on their own in addition to Admin view / reporting...these optimizations were a GAME CHANGER for me as the administrator and manager of up to 15 Asana users. It takes a bit if playing around with features but everyday my team is becoming more efficient through their Asana project and task management.

Cons

The only thing that could have swayed me to rate this platform a full 10/10 would be the Customer Support. There is no "live chat" feature with Asana which makes it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING for the clients to research and dig around the articles and forums to find answers for them selves.

I'm a millennial and do a ton of research before I get to the point of frustration in not finding what I need so it takes A LOT for me to seek out a response from support. My answers are not easily found and I spent about 3 weeks trying to figure features out on my own - "live chat" with support would get this to 10/10.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Monday.com had WAY too many features - it was chaotic! Asana has a clean interface that makes it really user friendly and the Admin view has improved immensely over the last few years making it much simpler to manage my team.
Chase

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

A god-send for getting us organized

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

Cons

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Trello, monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We switched from Airtable because it's project management features were not as robust as we needed.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

Reviewed on 14/9/2020

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.
Scott
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Keeping the Team on Task

Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

Pros

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

Cons

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating.

There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.
Danny
Danny
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

Asana is a solid project management web app but advanced features come at a cost

We use Asana to get organized and stay organized across teams. The ability to stitch together workflows between Asana and other web apps makes it a very flexible tool in our tech stack.

Pros

The ease of setting up multiple projects and the ability to assign teams to different projects at the same time. The combination of input forms, gantt charts, calendar views, and kanban board are really powerful and useful for different types of projects. Integration with other apps such as Zapier, HubSpot are key.

Cons

The user interface is too complex and overwhelming. Errant clicks create new tasks and archives unfinished tasks because almost the entire screen area is clickable for one function or another. Advanced features that make tools more useful such as a more advanced input form with logic jumps require a more premium tier of subscription.

Juan Miguel
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

Excellent for self-tracking or collaborative work

Like I mentioned, Asana is one of the tools I naturally use everyday, and often encourage other colleagues or students to use as well. It is my to-do list as well as my project tracker, collaboration tracker, and "don't forget to do this/brainstorms for the future" tracker

Pros

I love that Asana can act as a daily task/project manager but is comprehensive enough to plan for future projects and collaborative work. It is a tool that is intuitive enough that I want to use it every day, but not so simple that I only use it for to-do lists. Any time I start collaborative work with other people at different institutions, I always push for us to use Asana as the organizing platform.

Cons

The subscription and use of the paid services could be more clear; it isn't easily understandable who has to pay for a subscription if the use of it will be shared across people from different institutions. Also, the pricing settings could be more accessible for 1 or 2-person teams, because at the moment it is mostly geared for groups and businesses (which admittedly makes sense)

Rickey

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Great, robust tool for project management

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

Luciano
Luciano

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

I can't do without it

I can both get a general overview and overview of my activities, as well as more detail and focus on the point tasks I need to solve in relation to a large task.
It allows you to break into subtasks so that you always have more control and precision.

Pros

Asana has been for me the simplest, fastest and most intuitive tool that allows me to keep order in the various activities of my work.

Cons

I would love it if it included the ability to use a "flow chart" mode that would allow you to group and use the various items in a different, more logical way.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I'm always looking for tools that can help me simplify my work life.

Trello and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The board view is simple, fast, intuitive and allows me a quick organization of content. Also other tools have this view, however in Asana I find that it is managed in an optimal way.
Siokas
Siokas
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 22/6/2022

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

Pros

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

Cons

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Theorganization needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and the way different tools can be integrated. Therefore, the needs of the team changes and we had to adapt.l

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Due to the characteristics of the project and the strucutre of the team, Asana was the most suitable tool at that time.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/9/2023

Manage projects online and collaborate easily with the Asana solution

In the end, I recommend researching and trying Asana for yourself to determine if it's the right project management tool for your needs.

Pros

I've used the Asana solution to manage several projects over the course of my career. From experience, I can say that this tool guarantees ease of use, allowing me to delegate tasks and track the progress of my team's work without getting in the way. The software enables my staff to meet deadlines for the completion of activities. In short, thanks to this online project management and collaboration solution, we've been able to increase our productivity.

Cons

Despite all the good things I think of the Asana management tool, I find that its interface could be less cluttered with options, as this aspect often poses difficulties for my team members. Indeed, my collaborators have difficulty finding and using some of the platform's specific functionalities.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

A must have for geographically disperse teams

Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros

I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons

It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I found Wrike to be less user friendly. I was not as impressed with the interface. Wrike just feels more difficult to navigate and it doesn’t point you in the right direction like Asana does. Asanas templates are a game changer.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Trello was too simplistic and couldn’t fit all of our needs for the different types of project planning we wanted to do.
Lauren

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Asana General Review

Overall I really love working in Asana. It's easy to use, very intuitive, and solved a huge business need, which was really streamlining our project process and organizing team assignments. I think there's tons of room for growth. I also really like all the online resources they provide - I bookmark articles and tips all the time.

Pros

The collaboration opportunities this platform offers is excellent. I also really like being able to assign users are contributors or comment-only. That has been helpful when working with clients who get a little overzealous with their task assigning. Obviously the look and feel are great - it's very intuitive to someone who uses collaborative tools (ie. similar to Basecamp). I also love the drag and drop file archive - we use this feature even more than Dropbox because all aspects of the project can live in one place. The more I can keep my team in this system working, and finding what they need independently, the better.

Cons

Not being able to assign the same task to two people is a pain. I don't want to duplicate the task because that clutters up my project space and can cause confusion (esp when I have a ton of moving parts). . So the option to have two people responsible for the same task would be ideal.

I've had issues with the dependency feature as well. It's not super intuitive - though it's a feature I'd like to use because I'd like to trigger team members to start on certain work once a task is completed - it would make my job as the Sr. PM easier. Maybe blowing out the dependency functionality is something to look into.

One thing I hear ALOT from clients and team members is accessing links from their Asana email notifications. They will click a link and be taken to just that specific task, but they don't understand where that task lives because the project tags aren't obvious enough. If the links could open up the full project with the list or kanban view on the left, and the open task on the right, that would be hugely helpful.

Resourcing is a huge issue for our company so I would love to see something about resource management implemented in the future. I would pay double to have a solid resourcing/traffic view in Asana.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

The App That Makes Me Count My Lucky Stars

Pros

Asana
If apps were food, my mouth would WATER when I mention Asana. It's not just any meal. When it comes to organizational apps, it's THE best dessert. It's SWEEEEEET!

It's the app that I'm actually using to write the draft of this review on.

Every time I need to move all my to-do's from my head onto another place, I jot them down on Asana.

I can use physical calendars, ( I actually do like them)... but Asana has been the ONE system that I use to jot down my goals, to-do's , projects, systems, outlines, notes, reminders, pretty much everything except my shopping list and things I have to fully write.

I love this app so much that I'm actually quite proficient at using it thanks to a course that I took called Asana HQ http://bit.ly/asanahq.

It has taught me how to maximize my account that I created using my own domain.

The beauty of Asana is that it's simple to use, easy to create lists on, group those things into tasks or projects and just literally move forward in life.

I have become considerably more proficient in life thanks to Asana. Yes you can buy a computer, and buy some software and gear for your dreams... but if you don't have a tool in place that allows you to nudge yourself forward, you'll most likely be stuck for a very long time.

Asana is SO great that I count my lucky stars knowing that it's free.

Try it... and don't be surprised if you fall in love with it.

It's perfect for the little thoughts you don't want to forget, it's also perfect for the

Cons

I can't think of anything.

I like it that much.

If I had a magic wand, maybe more free features would be nice. I wish they added a progress bar to your tasks or projects to visiaully better be able to gauge the progress we're making. But it's already a great app.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

Easy to use, great for accountability

Our company has increased our ability to provide clients with deliverables. We have been able to say we meet deadlines. We also have not sacrificed quality and have been given the ability to focus on that rather than focusing on tasks/timelines.

Pros

It works for both my visually creative people and my operational people. It allows ease of mind for myself when assigning tasks to others. It's also easy to use for those who aren't "tech savvy" or who struggle with learning new things. They provide a lot of insight into how to use/customize the software for your organization. Having implemented it across my organization in the "premium" version, we have found ourselves more organized, more goal focused, and are no longer worried about remembering the details. It's all there for us. Very happy with the future updates coming out to make it less marketing/sales oriented with abstracts to more process oriented and operational-ized without losing the ease-of-use features. We use it primarily for HR (training, onboarding) and our Client Projects (keeping track of tasks and deliverables while keeping an eye on due dates). We have just implemented it into Marketing/Sales and we maintain about 75% compliance.

Cons

It was hard to find information on the premium version in a way that showed me exactly what it did. Eventually, a person contacted me by email and provided me with a webinar, but I couldn't find the same webinar on their site which was a little frustrating. Their customer support has gotten better, but it still needs a little work (chat is great, but would love a dedicated account director). Still lacks features that other PM software has which I would like. I know it's coming soon though. I rated lower on Features/Functionality and Value for Money because I think those go hand in hand. The Free version was fine for us except I wanted more. If there were more features I think it would be more worth the money. As it stands, you could take or leave the premium version. Among peers, I usually recommend the Free version and implementing that before moving towards the Premium version. I did that for about 6 months before committing to Premium.