About Webex

Webex brings together Calling, Meeting and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, engaging, inclusive and intelligent experience. Seamless collaboration across devices, locations and organizations • Use any computer,...

Browse Webex Reviews

6,668 of 6,667 reviews
Oscar

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Webex Meetings

I quite liked it.
It is very easy to start a conference. It also has a waiting room for participants who can tell that they are already inside so that the organizer can start the conference.
Meeting scheduling is very useful, and easily integrates with calendars like Outlook.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It allows a large capacity of participants and allows sessions to be recorded.
Something that makes it a very good option is that it allows you to enter the sections even by dialing a number without the need for software (although it would only be audio).
The integration that it has with other Christ solutions and that allows adding a great variety of video conferencing devices makes it a very flexible application.

Cons

Price may be one of its downsides. Comparing it to others like Zoom, the price may go up a bit. However, for a medium to large company, buying by volume can compensate for this situation.

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to Webex

Cisco Webex is more flexible. Zoom doesn't allow us all the flexibility that we have. And buying in volume for all members of the organization helped us lower costs, which made us decide on Webex.
Kelly M

Reviewed on 11/5/2022

It's simple to use and facilitates teamwork

Using Webex, video conferencing is a simple and straightforward process. I've used Webex to participate in interviews and instructional webinars, among other things. Installation and use across many devices is really simple and functional.

Pros

Its user role administration is simple to use, and its functions are not complicated, but rather straightforward. When preparing a presentation, I really appreciate the annotate feature. Additionally, the program offers real-time translation as well as subtitling capabilities. I appreciate that the program is simple to set up and that it is simple to communicate with colleagues all around the world.

Cons

When used on mobile devices, it does not function correctly. When I have computer troubles (not software problems), I attempt to utilize Webex on my cell phone, but it doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, I am unable to function correctly.

Katerina
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Webex for e-learning sessions

Long distance studyind or interacting with my colleagues is now very easy. Webex as a software for my e-learning sessions has made my experience much easier than any software I have used so far. Video conferences, meetings and long distance sessions of collaboration can be perfectly achieved through Webex. I will never switch again.

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I liked least about it.

Top Webex Alternatives

Linda

Reviewed on 22/1/2023

Not bad

Pros

Webex is very good for meeting and i like that aspect on the website

Cons

I find it not complete and also not enought suggestions

Luis
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 4/10/2022

My review about Webex

I use Webex every day and my students have the best of this Video Conferencing system. Very easy of use and share ideas.

Pros

Webex very easy integration from computer PC, or mobile Phone or Tablet on the go.

Cons

In Latinamerican Companies its not the first option for video Conferencing

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

Webex

With the pandemic, a lot of IT scrambled to find a right web/online meeting application. Webex is one of the names that were tested. The user interface is not excellent as I find my users struggling to use it. To add to the complication, IT needs to manually install the application for each device which is a struggle considering that most people were forced to work remotely

Pros

Webex is a common name in IT. I like the fact that CISCO is behind this application. This means that it has a strong and stable customer support.

Cons

My dislike with webex is the ability to be deployed to endpoints during the time. Each installation needs to be done in every device and it is more complicated if the device is part of a secured domain. IT administrators needs to get involve.

Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Webex

In my case, webex lost the battle to Zoom and Teams
Bame

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Best App to talk business

The app allows me to communicate well with my patients and employees which helps business to become easy and functionable.

Pros

I can hold meetings with my patients and employees anywhere at any appointed time.I can review meeting and discussion points I've missed by downloading them from the automatically downloaded transcripts.

Cons

The App is convenient only when I have good network.It is not supported in my other devices which hinders with my meeting appointments at times.

Denise
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/1/2023

Great

Pros

Very simple to use software, on a par with Zoom. It offers many features and the design is very versatile. Quick and easy to install.

Cons

You can certainly integrate an improvement in the sharing of content and minor things such as the background of your cam

Georgi

Reviewed on 22/1/2023

Csico Webex user review

Great, useful, more or less easy to use

Pros

From top brand vendor with all the latest features and security policies

Cons

a bit expensive compared to other solutions

Ahmed
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 18/12/2022

Very great app

very very useful app to mange meeting any where any time the first app in my organization

Pros

Easy use and easy contact withe our team any where any time and can control in my meeting

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Zoom Video Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Webex

We wanted a more professional look and feel once we migrated from Google Apps for Business to Office 365 but didn't want to utilize Skype for Business.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Webex

It was pricier than most but because WebEx is such a familiar name with lots of users and so simple to use we felt the price and ROI was justified.
Igor
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

Essential application for videoconferencing

As I have a small business, I don't have much to complain about.
The maximum number of participants in a meeting was 10 people, however, when the room is full, I feel that the file sharing speed differs for some, even though we are all using the same connection, with a speed of 200mbps.
In general, it is a very useful application for anyone who wants a meeting with team members.
We use it on both Windows and Androis and are happy with the result.

Pros

Despite having many features, which can somewhat hinder those who are experiencing it for the first time, the application offers a simple way for a videoconference.
The application already automatically generates a password link for all participants.
Plans: Free, Beginner, Plus and Business, each with dirty features.
Free: Up to 100 participants and meetings of up to 50 minutes in length, with an unlimited number of meetings per day, month or year.
Beginner: Monthly fee of $ 13.50, can host up to 50 people per meeting, offers unlimited meetings, file sharing, 5 GB of cloud storage and recording transcripts.
Plus: Monthly fee of $ 17.95, can host up to 100 participants per meeting, offers the possibility of assigning alternative organizers, allowing others to schedule meetings on behalf of the main organizer and is supported 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Business: Monthly fee of $ 26.95, can host up to 200 participants and has 10 GB of cloud storage. It has the possibility of integration and synchronization with Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
Offers end-to-end encryption; extensive meeting tools for participants and hosts.

Cons

A wide variety of meeting setup options can be confusing for novice users.
Strong competition from Miscrosoft's Skype for Business. In some meetings, the video hangs for a few seconds, while participants are still talking, even with a dedicated 200mbps internet.
When you are a beginner, using the app for the first time, you can get lost among so many features. The start-up tutorial should be more complete and less cluttered with information.
When sharing many screens, there is a slight lag in the transmission, which can cause the participants to lose focus.
The audio quality drops considerably when using the notebook or PC speakers.
When meetings are recorded, the deadline for making them available is too long (sometimes you have to wait 24 hours before the recording is available.).

Kevin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

A great video conferencing tool

We use Webex for all of our scrum meetings. It is a tool that is good for that specific job and I prefer using it for the scrum ceremonies over Slack and similar services. Whenever I need a quick call, though, it's so much easier to just click a button in Slack than go through sharing a room link in Webex.

Pros

Webex is a good tool for video conferencing. It does that particular job probably the best of all tools I used so far.

Cons

Other than video conferencing, all the little things that come with that are actually slightly worse than in the competitors. My particular grief is the annotation (screen drawing) tool that is very unintuitive, gets interrupted whenever the presenter does anything, and requires special permissions to use.

Zoom Meetings and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The scrum master and TA liked Webex more than Teams.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Webex

The user interface of Webex was nicer.
Krishna
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Good and Bed Sides

We are using Webex on day o day basis for meetings, Its helpful to get everyone on same page. It has so many good feature, ease of use but for Web developers or people in IT it's little difficult to work between shared screen feature. Overall I like the product.

Pros

The Web Application is good as it will give notification to join meetings directly.It has helpful features like Share Screen, Chatting, You can get a grid or detailed view if its Face to Face Meeting.

Cons

It is too hard to share screen and toggle if you are using multiple screens. You need to make sure evrytime you are sharing right screen.

Zoom Meetings and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Zoom is kind of free and Security was the main concern so We made a switch.

Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Switching to Webex

Cisco is known for its Network and Security. Security was concern for us so we made a switch

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

An enterprise tool for the meetings with broader Global teams - Very featureful

Overall, experience is great but UI is not something which is fun. Features are great and helpful.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. App is super helpful to take meetings on the move
3. Several features for sharing documents live (pause, do selective share)
4. Attendance can be collected easily
5. You get to know who is on mute and who is causing background unknowingly and mute them as needed
6. Chat option is availble
7. There are upfront prompts available for you to select mute or camera options
8. You can take audio using various methods (Dial in, computer or receive call back without calling in). I use call back all the time.
9. It shows who is dialing in with what option using symbols
10. Recently the added search box for finding specific attendee on the call and with partial input, it filters the name
11. You can choose different video virtual backgrounds and you can see others videos and you can pin anyone as needed
12. You can insert a welcome message for a call
13. You can make alternate host arrangement
14. UI: Zoom In/Zoom out per your eye needs in self controlled manner
15. You can share meeting details from app with anyone else very easily
16. You can record the calls
17. Call quality (audio and video) is good
18. Several users across the globe can dial in using toll free nos. at no cost to them

Cons

1. Sometimes when a meeting (especially a recurring one) is moved/cancelled, app doesn't sync always
2. They took away an app feature (not sure why), where a notification used to come for the next meeting and that was helpful to know next call even when you are away from machine or not in app. They should consider that feature back
3. Cisco recently had a big audio failure with phone dial feature but computer dial in was working. So, if you don't have any other meeting set up for org, you may be impacted.
4. Users are advised to end the call to stop the meeting time from usage perspective otherwise meeting won't end.
5. UI can be made more fun

Ozgur
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

The best conferencing tool so far with audio, screen or video sharing features

I'm very happy with Cisco WebEx. Outlook integration makes the life very easy for the meetings. You can easily do the meeting management within your outlook. WebEx productivity tool enables you to access your agenda and shows what's next. By this way even outlook is closed you can manage your agenda or meetings. Mobile platform apps works properly and integrate you while on business travel. Sure there are some things to improve; but it is the best software I've experienced so far for meeting organizations. Interface is very elegant and attractive too.

Pros

WebEx have several tools like MS Outlook add-on and Productivity tool. These really make the office life easier while you are working during the day. Add-on is easily integrated to MS Outlook. By clicking meet now, you can easily create instant link and forward by mail, also by schedule meeting ribbon you to can easily add link invitation note. You can use productivity tool from the desktop and use all features with a small interface. User controls are good and can be easily managed. Mobile platform usage is a very big opportunity. I'm using IOS version of WebEx app most of the time while I'm away from the office. It is very convenient and easy to connect. You can use almost all the features.

Cons

One of the issues with WebEx is that it causes lag after sharing screen long time or when taking over other users' screen. If you are using headset (directly from your IP or land phone) then the audio quality is perfect; but if you are using only computer to connect, then voice quality drops significantly. Another issue is the connectivity problem with the WebEx server. This happens rarely; but you probably end up with cancelling te meeting. Interface is very elegant; but I somehow have difficulty to use some features, e.g. taking or giving control or annotate screen.

papa arona
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting.
Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password.
The platform allows you to join the meeting from your computer system, mobile device or video system. You can also join the meeting directly from the browser, without installing the application or creating an account with Webex.
Setting up the webinar is easy, and you can do so directly from the dashboard by clicking on the "Host an event" option. Webex also allows you to record the webinar for later viewing and provides real-time technical support during the webinar.
You can also choose how to connect to audio, mute or unmute your microphone, and turn your video on or off before joining a meeting. In addition, you can select audio options such as "computer audio," "call me" and "call audio" when using the Webex Meetings app.
Webex Analytics is an option that gives you access to interactive graphs and data visualizations that describe details such as usage and adoption trends. There's even an option to install all reports in a CSV file.Other features include real-time translation in over 100 languages, screen sharing, displaying your screen status, notes, and more.

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard.
- Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help.
- Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more.
- Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards.
- Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants.
- Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars.
- You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Edgar
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/2/2022

The brand does matter when you're looking for something good...

I think that Webex seeks to expand its target market, not just be a communications software solution used by large companies with hundreds of employees, but also reach people who need to have quality, secure and reliable communication, which I think is a great Webex initiative.

Having access to a top-level communications tool like Webex is fabulous, it's such a complete tool, I'm going to call it powerful, that when you get to use it efficiently you realize that your own activities or business improves, your life becomes easier. for having everything you need to use with all the people you need to communicate with.

Webex integrates with many of the software applications that are commonly used today in our work or professional world; promotes the concept of hybrid work (work is not where you go, it's what you do and how you do it), inclusion where language is not a barrier (transcription in real time in more than 100 languages), among other concepts, which I think is a wonderful collaborative tool.

Pros

The brand does matter when you are looking for something good, it matters when you are looking for stable environments, reliable communications and available at any time, it does matter when you need support, people who help you in those moments when you really need it.

It is not only what you see on your screen as a user or what you can do with the tool, but also what exists behind it, which many times we do not see, we do not know, and therefore we give little or no importance.

I have been involved in the world of information technology and communications for years; I do not consider myself a guru, an expert specialist in a subject, but I have had the opportunity to grow professionally alongside companies or brands that today do not need an introduction, they do not need someone like me to speak well of them; For many years they have demonstrated with their position in the market the importance and value they offer in today's life, a life of changes, adaptation, and long-distance communication to be closer each time.

There are many Communications tools, many applications that allow calls between users, establish remote meetings, send messages/chat (in fact I think there are many that offer these services), but when someone ask me what I like most about Webex, my answer It's simple and clear: "Webex by Cisco".

Webex has the knowledge, experience, technology and support of Cisco, If you're looking for something good for all your communications, Webex is the solution.

Cons

Cisco offers robust solutions (Webex is not the exception); from my point of view it has always been characterized by having very good solutions functionally (seek to be powerful and simple at the same time) that fulfill the purpose for which they were developed, hardware and software, and the Cisco's graphical user interfaces (GUI) usually have become so simple (simplified functions in a few buttons or few options) that are not as friendly as they could be.

It seems to me the GUI of Webex could be more user-friendly because in my experience many end users need graphic and colorful solutions that make it easier for them to use the tools (our brain works by capturing images among many others), otherwise not everyone will be ready to use Webex even though it is an excellent communications tool.

Julie Ann
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/5/2022

WEBEX - The Best and Easiest Real-Time Video Conferencing System

Webex has a straightforward user interface and offers meeting options. It's such a comprehensive, powerful tool and integrates with many of the software applications commonly used in our work or professional lives today. We've replaced and consolidated everything into a single Webex Suite.

Pros

I've been using Webex for both business and personal purposes. It guarantees security and is constantly updated. Connect in real time for real-time group messaging, advanced search, and personalized spaces.
It allows you to share any file, such as a document, presentation, or video. Can upload files up to 2 GB in size. The fact that you can drag and drop files, whiteboard can be used by more than one person simultaneously is my favorite feature. It is simple to share or switch between an individual windows or the entire work area. It has a high-definition video display with up to 25 members visible at all times.

It also integrates well with the rest of Cisco's portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, and contact center. One of Webex's main advantages is its a strong security, and you can rely on it to ensure your protection and information security within a Webex call.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about with Webex. That could be more expensive than other comparable options. However, it is a professional-oriented product that is well worth the price. Security is critical, and it pays to have it. Virtual backgrounds in videos consume a lot of computer memory. It's impossible to avoid background noise. Exception of sharing .tif files

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

Cisco Webex - Better before

All in all, It is a great program and provides great convenience to all of us. I have also used some similar programs and I can easily say webex is the best at this point in time. However, I believe it is worth to work on the cons I mentioned above to make it even better, maybe perfect. I would like to thank to Cisco Webex for making business life easier for us.

Pros

It is one of the most helpful program in my business life. It makes the discussion easier. You can quickly set-up a meeting for anytime in the future. If you need to have a meeting immediately, one-click webex is the quickest way. During the meeting, you can annotate onto screen even if it is not your screen. It helps to have a better discussion. It is even possible to dictate another attandee's computer. I could not believe when I realized it. It is also possible to get the detail of the meeting including attandee list and you can even record your meeting.

Cons

There are two cons that I feel while using webex. First one is a new issue. After last update of webex, I do not think it is user-friendly enough anymore. I am having issues to control the meeting. It was better with old revision. I have no idea what is the driver of having this update but it obviously need another update. Last and most important one is the delay of the action for me. When I am controlling someone's screen or annotating on it, what I have done appears others computer late. Frankly, I do not know it is due to an issue with webex or internet connection but it sometimes makes communication harder.

Javier
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Cisco Webex Meetings - Meetings with everyone without limits

With Cisco Webex Meeting I can contact and work with anyone without leaving the office or my home. It allows me to support clients instantly, meet with colleagues who are in another country without having to travel or take distance training without the cost associated with the trip. Many of the daily meetings that work requires are resolved with this application without leaving the office.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meetings is the quintessential collaborative cloud platform. It allows users to have their own personal room to be able to meet up to 1000 people in the same meeting. It has video capacity of up to 200 participants, you can use a white board to show any idea in an instant and even share screen or give or take control of another device. All in one application. And the best part is that if you are near a Cisco video device, you can use proximity and define that device as an audio and video device instead of a cell phone or computer.
If the guests do not have the application installed, it does not matter, from any browser they can join the meeting or from the cell phone. What more can you ask for a virtual meeting application?

Cons

Honestly there isn't much to say at this point. Maybe just mention that you need to be a computer administrator to be able to install the application that without it, you don't have the plug in in Office tools like Outlook. It would be good not to have this requirement and to be able to have the plug in without having the need to install the application.

Haris
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

The Best Online Meeting Software

My experience with Cisco Webex is excellent and highly recommend this software to peoples who are looking for best platform for their online meeting, presentations and trainings. In my organization i use Cisco Webex to conduct online trainings of my staff and i found it very helpful and full excellent features as it provides full support in conducting online meetings.

Pros

Cisco Webex provides its user excellent environment where they can switch audio call to video, change background, express gestures and translate languages. The software is very easy to use and one can easily operate this software and also secure there meetings with passwords. You can also record your meetings and save it in your hard drive. Cisco Webex Meetings supports multiple operating system and I am using it on android and attending all my trainings from my mobile phone without any hassle. By using Cisco Webex one can easily integrate with large audience and express there point of view or conduct online trainings. During this challenging period of Covid-19 i use this software alot because it provides me access to my co-workers without physically visiting them. It is the best online meeting software for both inside and outside the organization.

Cons

Cisco Webex meetings requires good internet connection as sometime with slow speed of internet it gets working gets slow. If they add some more backgrounds and features then this will make this software more powerful and beneficial for users who are looking for excellent online meeting software.

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

Turn your virtual self into personal meetings

Great collaboration and coordination between teams, screen sharing has been great with no issues on the quality of audio or video. I would recommend to all business to overcome any virtual gap.

Pros

It's something that we use daily and it never breaks. I am glad that we chose webex over others as we never encounter any disruption or quality issues. With the world facing challenges due to covid, webex has been extremely important to continue with easy collaboration and coordination between geographies. The screen sharing, recording sessions has been great and with ease if use to all users.

Cons

It actually helped business to performed adequately though working remote, however I feel the price point could be something that vendor should evaluate as there are other competitors offering as well.

Zoom Meetings and BlueJeans

Better quality of service

Recommendation by peer companies
Ankit

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

The virtual video conferencing plate

Cisco's Webex meetings does solve it's purpose by creating and attending meetings. Even if the partner connected to it doesn't have a Cisco membership, he/she can join the meeting without any subscription. This turns out to be a big win to this software. I would recommend this software to all the organizations using it for meetings

Pros

Cisco's webex is the most simplest tool to install on any platform. There are few key points that makes this software different from the one used in the industry. Those key points are:
1. It is web-based tool , so it can be installed seamlessly within the browser by installing it in the extensions
2. It can be desktop-tool as well, so it can downloaded and installed on any operating system
3. It doesn't need any specific hardware and can work on almost any machine with min. pc configuration
4. It makes video conferencing and meetings easy and gets connected with low internet
5. It has IOS and Android support as well
6. The audio and video quality and screen sharing option is simply awesome
7. Meetings can be scheduled well in advanced and can be notified on emails

Cons

I do not find any major issues with this software but few things within the software can help improve it and can lead the software in the industry. Below are few cons that can be taken care by the company:
1. It it had file sharing options that would be a great feature while on video chat or screen sharing
2. During the discussion meeting, one can link the files using the drive option - this can be one feature that can be integrated
3. If this can be linked to some other applications
4. If it had chat options just like a messenger within the organization. For those who have installed cisco webex can see each other's id and name. It had been easy for them to add the folks into the meeting within the organization