About Glasscubes

Glasscubes offers cloud-based collaboration solution for businesses. It provides for file sharing, collaboration and document management, making it accessible from devices with an internet connection. Glasscubes’ file sharing...

4.7

Browse Glasscubes Reviews

Reviewed on 24/6/2016

The online collaboration space that users actually use and embrace.

Among all the varieties of online collaboration software that I and the global networks I advise have used to try to build on-going, strong, virtual communication between our users, Glasscubes has been embraced and used more deeply, persistently and effectively than any other platform. Use the dashboard of recently added/changed/commented-upon to discover all the action throughout your Glasscube instance. It's an easy way to stay right on top of all developments. It gives confidence to users that their new contribution won't get lost deep in the site somewhere.

Pros

It has intuitively well-placed modules (dashboard of recent content; very functional workrooms - each with separate document/comments and more; effective tagging; and global search are most-used and appreciated.

Cons

I would find it advantageous for Glasscubes to widen its array of pricing options.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

Glasscubes - A Superb Product, Supported by Expert and Attentive Staff

We have been using Glasscubes now for the past few months and I have been hugely impressed with the service provided. Aside from the fact that the platform is easy to use and meets all of our needs from an intranet portal, the support and guidance we have been provided, both before and since launch, is second to none. Whether it be troubleshooting issues, or ideas for further development, the team at Glasscubes couldn't be more helpful - always providing us with a quick and beneficial solution. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Pros

It is such a user-friendly platform, which our people have found really easy to get to grips with. It has allowed us to simplify many/most of our processes, centralise our frequently accessed documents and has opened up a world of possibilities in terms of connecting everyone. The implementation process was also very smooth, with fantastic guidance and support on hand from Glasscubes at all times.

Cons

There are genuinely no negative comments I have to make in this regard - the platform does what we need it to (and then some) and if there has been anything missing, Glasscubes have worked with us to find a solution.

Joel
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

GC Review

task allocation and prioritisation.

Pros

easy to re-allocate tasks to other users and re-prioritise dates/tasks.

Cons

visual interface could be slightly cleaner, when you have lots of tasks can look a little bit overwelming

Top Glasscubes Alternatives

Microsoft SharePoint

Google Cloud Storage

Diligent Boards

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Cheap and cheerful collaboration

Pros

Ease of set-up and simple cost model. Sharing documents with suppliers is non chargeable license. Fast on boarding

Cons

Poor versioning, real basic desktop UI, poor integration with mobile platforms

Hollie
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Glasscubes has been invaluable

Pros

Glasscubes has been invaluable to our team in a variety of ways. It has allowed us to work collaboratively and effectively in a team which is based across several, geographically disparate institutions. It has been really useful to house all of our resources and being able to edit in browser with Microsoft 365 has been very helpful.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Glasscubes, I have found the platform to be incredibly useful in our team!

Haszilah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 15/6/2021

Every document feature that I need is here

Pros

The feature that I like best about this product is that it allows me to exchange files and manage papers without worrying about security effortlessly. I also like that I can build my unique material within the software, allowing me to need only one tool instead of the multiple I previously employed.

Cons

The only drawback I've discovered is that I have to extract documents to amend them before re-uploading them, but this is due to my organization, not the software. If you operate from an organization that allows it, you can use a desktop to access the system.

Lorenzo
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

Very Good Experience

Overall a very good experience. The user interface is simple to navigate and straightforward to use. The site also boasts a very sleek and modern design.

Pros

The user interface is simple to navigate and straightforward to use

Cons

Documentation can be duplicated on the system.

Kim
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

Easy to navigate

Glasscubes allows me to easily manage and navigate my work tasks, and communicate with the team.

Pros

It is extremely easy to navigateLanguage used is simple and straightforward The titles and tabs are easy to use

Cons

Dragging and dropping can be difficult in ‘tasks’

Kath
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/1/2023

Good system for group collaboration when operating remotely

Good - we've found many no-techie users are finding it easy to engage with us.

Pros

Can add files and comments, ideal if you want to have multiple conversations going with a selected group.

Cons

There's one small issue, when emails are sent with the notification of a comment, all the text gets lumped together with no spacing. Has caused a few issues with lists as some people just read the email (lazy I know, but it happens!).

Lauren
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2/2/2023

Easy to Use

Pros

Really easy to use and navigate. Lots of great tools to use within the website for different purposes.

Cons

The biggest issue is that my colleagues haven't been using it, which really doesn't reflect on the site itself.

Samuel

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

Glasscubes, Customised platform for organisation collaboration

It has a customised layout system which is professional and easy to store and locate documents, the limitations with not being able to have multiple people editing a document and inability to share a document for editing outside of the organisation means this product is weaker than when compared to google docs.

Pros

The high security and protection of key documents, as well as the function that allows you to share documents with juniors or other people without giving there the ability to download or edit the original. Also the documents on Glasscubes can be uploaded in versions, so previous versions can be tracked and secured when needed.

Cons

It is very frustrating to share with other organisations who do not have the permission to access and edit the document as they are not a Glasscubes user, this makes cross-collaboration hard. Also if multiple people work on the same document- at the same time, you will get kicked out and it will become locked to the main editor, so again- not good for multi-person editing and collaboration.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I wanted to reach out to you to address your frustrations. It is possible to securely share information from Glasscubes with external organisations, using our 'secure share link' feature. If you need to edit and collaborate with external parties, please contact your account administrator and request that they be added to your workspace.

When editing a file Glasscubes locks that file, so that other users cannot edit it at the same time, this protects the versioning of the document. During that time the file can still be viewed online, or downloaded by other users. If you use Office 365, it is also possible to co-edit documents, in much the same way as you can with Google Docs.

All the best, the Glasscubes Team.

Replied 9/6/2021
Patrick
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

Glasscubes - SharePoint Extranet Replacement

Very positive. Rollout was painless. Our migration plan worked quite well. Glasscubes Support has been very responsive helping us with anything that has come up.

Pros

- ease of use
- ease of administration
- not browser dependent
- users had the ability to invite their clients and colleagues to their workspaces

Cons

- administration needed some fine tuning
- drag and drop feature was inconsistent (has since been corrected)

Reviewed on 23/6/2016

Glasscubes: Fantastic File Sharing and Virtual Office Resource

In searching for a resource that would tie multiple working teams that adjudicate and support over 70 churches and social service agencies in the upper Midwest of the USA, we explored many options but settled on glasscubes. Ease of use, excellent labeling and parking of necessary files, reviews, collaborative projects confidentially limited to particular subsets of larger collaborative team was a huge seller. Being able to use discussion and polling options for online formal decision making, global calling options, doc reviews, pushed notices, universal calendaring and strong tech support made glasscubes an easy decision.

Pros

Ease of use
Excellent labeling and parking of necessary files
File review and collaboration made easy
Easy management of access for large pool of users
Great discussion and polling options for online decision making
Global calling options
Pushed notices
Good calendar tool
Strong tech support

Cons

Sometimes difficult to review docs in native viewer/editor
Costs lower under 'per workspace' model than new 'per user' model

Vanessa

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

A great tool for management of teams

Pros

The fact that we can have different teams and different users have specific access to folders/spaces. Glasscubes offers an online secure platform to store all the information and documents you need, allowing you to work on them whilst they are being kept safe. It’s also a great platform to share files and help with zero paper waste.
You can also access it from any computer or iPhone!

Cons

The fact that only iPhone users can use the app effectively - android users need to log in on the web browser, limitations their operations in case they don’t have their laptop around.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Vanessa, thank you for your review and feedback. We do provide an app for Android users, it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

The Glasscubes Team

Replied 16/8/2022
Maria

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Best System to use

Pros

Glasscubes has made a massive impact on how we operate. The system is very user friendly and helps to store all documents in an organised way. The best part of it are the forms that can be created to accommodate our needs. If you face a problem or need support you always get a reply very quickly and helpful.

Cons

The only thing I can think of, it is if you were using another system, it will take you time to build Glasscubes, but that is not related to them, it all depends on the amount of work you had before

Tom
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Intuitive platform for a flying start

Pros

On the whole, I have been very satisfied with the possibilities that Glasscubes has provided for our organisation. It is easy to use, which is not only good for me and my team maintaining the platform, but especially for users within our organisation who are less tech-savvy. The onboarding and migration of data were also easy, leading to us being able to start using the platform in full swing in a much earlier stage than I honestly would have expected.

Cons

The things that would make it even greater would be an in-built chat system and a connection with Microsoft Teams, but these functionalities are more "nice to have" for us.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 19/7/2016

Glasscubes is a good Cloud solution

As a multi-site company sharing sensitive data, we needed an internet based system so that we could share and update data easily. Of all the systems we've seen and tried, Glasscubes offers the best combination of features and pricing. It works well for us and we've been using it for many years.

Pros

It's easy to access and to use, particularly given that most of our users are not technically minded

Cons

On-line editing and sharing of documents could still be improved

Alex
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

Collaborative working at its best

Pros

Collaborative working at its best. We have been using Glasscubes for a number of months now and cant imagine not having it as part of our core toolset. The functionality is extensive and its incredibly intuitive to use. As a local government user, we are limited in the type of products we can use but this one ticked all the boxes and I can only see it's use increasing as time goes on.

Cons

nothing so far, I have not found anything that it cant do as of yet.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Glasscubes

More functionality
Gary
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Great platform

Pros

We have used Glasscubes to deliver an in-house intranet which is far superior to the previous portal we had using SharePoint.

Glasscubes allows a social-style interaction with comments and likes, and actively looks to have users engaged with the portal which has proved very successful so far.

It's a really excellent platform & highly recommended

Cons

Nothing to note - all users are very positive about our Glasscubes platform

Mathew

Reviewed on 28/7/2016

Gotta love that Glasscubes!

Glasscubes has been a lifesaver for my project management. I use the to do lists and workspace most frequently and it helps to keep my tasks organize and keeps me on track.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and set up. The collaboration features are also top notch. Glasscubes makes it easy to work with my secretary as well. I like the way that tasks are either not started, in process or completed. It makes it easier to keep track of things.

Cons

It needs an iOS app, at least for the to-do list and calendar. Google integration would also be great.

Clemens

Reviewed on 11/7/2022

Glasscubes - Simple to use and powerful

We use Glasscubes for our national learning collaboratives where we rely on this tool to coordinate our project management.

Pros

Simple to use but powerful tool; simple to expand to hundreds of learners. The platform is intuitive and allowed us to manage our national collaborative to be successful. Many easy to use functionalities with in-depth capabilities.

Cons

We like it overall. The user interface might need some updating but folks at Glasscubes always bring new updates.

Max

Reviewed on 6/7/2017

Good tasks list! quick, easy, assignable and efficient.

Easy task list creation and recording progress

Pros

A nice platform to use in the workplace, it is very easy to keep track of lists/tasks etc.
As a company we use this as a master task list, where we have all of our tasks subdivided into sections relating to our role within the company and then those tasks are assigned to us.
With regards to file uploads etc we do not use this feature as we should.
all together though, it is a very useful application and we rely on it to keep track of our tasks register for all members of staff.

Cons

I do find the compatibility with glasscubes vs windows is not at its best, for example you cannot copy and paste a number of tasks into glass cubes or vice versa as far as i am aware.
I like the feature of being able to download a report - although this does not come without errors in formatting for example - this should be looked at.

Olga

Reviewed on 11/9/2017

Needs getting used to, after that it is a good product to have

It is good to know that i can send out a document securely. I can also send out a big file without having to break it up.

Pros

Great for when you are spread out within a region and everyone needs access to the same documents. New updates make it more user friendly.

Cons

Tricky at first, there is a lot of things you need to personalize which take time. For example, you would have to customize the workspace lists so that not everyone gets the emails. It takes time to set up but once you do that it is a good product

Andre
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

As a scale-up company we have been looking long to find the nearly perfect solution for us.

Pros

I really like the clean and lean design of the user interface. It is very responsive and has a unique set of features. In-text search for documents, fully-fledged task management including time and progress tracking are features we really appreciate. The software is cloud hosted which makes it easy to use in-house as well as when travelling. User can be assigned to different roles and permissions can be restricted to certain areas only which makes it ideal to use for collaborating with clients.
Big bonus to a really fast and responsive UI.

Cons

There are a few features we have on out wish list which have not be implemented yet. We would for example like to be able to restrict access to the dashboard to certain users only. Also there is currently no offline file sync tool for mac available.

Matthew
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 22/9/2017

Easy to use project management software

No longer having to search through loads of emails to find work or briefs

Pros

You can upload artwork and documents to individual jobs, so it's easy to follow the progress.
You get notifications when someone updates or posts.
Does away with loads of emails. Everything in one place

Cons

The interface is a bit basic but very user-friendly. You get an email notification even if you are using glasscubes. An email while offline would be better.