Hootsuite Reviews

About Hootsuite

Social media is a wild place to do business. That’s why thousands of brands rely on Hootsuite’s tools and expertise to bring order to the chaos. Launch brilliant social campaigns, deliver 5-star social commerce experiences, and...

4.2
4.2

Browse Hootsuite Reviews

3,673 of 3,673 reviews
Colleen
Colleen
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/9/2023

Hootsuite is the top software for handling many social media accounts.

In overall, it's the best tool to use if you need to manage many social media accounts at once, particularly on Twitter and Facebook.

Pros

Hootsuite is simple to operate; I really like that all the platforms I use can be shown on a single page, and the publisher screen makes it simple to see at a glance precisely what you're posting on each day across all of your accounts. You can just drag and drop to rearrange your articles, and adding images is just as simple. It couldn't be much better.

Cons

I can't think of a single drawback to this system. Very user-friendly, it rarely experiences outages. You may relax knowing that the program will automatically publish your posts once you've entered them. In two years of use, I have never once seen a bug in this program.

Arzu
Arzu

Reviewed on 11/4/2022

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers.
I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Steve

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

Used To Be Great...

Pros

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section.

I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

Cons

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome.

2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts.

3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later.

4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite.

5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Buffer, Loomly and Later

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.

Top Hootsuite Alternatives

Hanane

Reviewed on 8/1/2024

The best option

The application is more than wonderful .It's one of the best experiences I've ever had and it's still

Pros

It is easy to use and offers users a set of options for using external applications in addition to purely settings

Cons

One of its services does not have the phone support feature

Shaheer
Shaheer

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

It's Easy and Good

As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

Pros

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

Cons

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

If you're on the go, a social media management app such as Hootsuite can be an invaluable tool. This program can centralize your social media profiles and messages so you can manage them all in one place. You can reply to messages, see analytics, and collaborate with team members without leaving the app. Hootsuite also lets you view multiple social networks at once and schedule posts to each.
Nicolas
Nicolas
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

A great tool dedicated to big organizations.

I love hootsuite. Well accompanied by the teams, we set up very good processes that allowed the company to gain efficiency, productivity and therefore profitability on the issue of social media management.

Pros

The monitoring and programming features are the most and developed. There are many small details such as the ability to edit an image during publication. Governance with many employees is also very effective.

Cons

The analytics features are quite complicated to set up, and lack efficiency compared to competitors. The data are sometimes very different from those displayed natively on social platforms

Buffer and Meltwater

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Affinity with teams, monitoring functionality and ability to manage many users
Thomas
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 1/12/2023

Simple Setup but still Feature Rich

Pros

The ease of use is a massive plus for Hootsuite, both in analytics report generation (customized reports too!) and in multi-account management and scheduling. It's by far the most intuitive program I have used across this toolset.

Cons

The ease of batch re-scheduling a post across multiple platforms leaves a lot to be desired, but that is primarily the only pain point I have experienced with Hootsuite.

Kenzi
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

Posting the strategy

Pros

Hootsuite is a great platform for social media campaigns.

Cons

Make easy my job for integrate all my social media accounts, that’s allowed me to had complete control

Linda
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

saves alot of time

This has freed up alot of my time outside of business hours

Pros

easy to use you can download app to your phone

Cons

I dislike having to come up with wording but now i can use ai

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 28/2/2024

Manage ypursocial media in one place great

Pros

You can manage and program the post for the wholr month so ots comsistence.

Cons

It could integrate more socialmedia platforms.

Thomas

Reviewed on 16/3/2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.
Alberto

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Sprout Social and Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.
Samiran

Reviewed on 6/3/2023

Effortlessly Manage Multiple Social Media Channels with Hootsuite

All officers and staff including me have found Hootsuite to be a useful tool for managing social media accounts and streamlining their social media management tasks. They appreciate the ability to manage multiple social media accounts in one place and the ability to schedule posts in advance. The collaboration features have also been helpful, allowing multiple team members to work on social media management tasks together. However, some project officers have noted that there can be a bit of a learning curve with Hootsuite and that the pricing can be a bit steep for smaller organizations or individuals.

Pros

I mostly like the range of analytics tools and and the support of wide range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and more in a single nutshell.

Cons

The price for the business is a little on a high note.

Sprout Social and Planable

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

We need more advanced social media management features, such as team collaboration, social listening, and analytics.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Hootsuite offers more robust social media management features, such as team collaboration and social listening, making it a better choice for larger businesses or agencies.
Erin

Reviewed on 7/6/2023

Not worth the money for my particular application

Under-utilized because the tools on Meta and LinkedIn are easier for me to use. Found customer service to be inflexible. I liked having the free account(s), but those are gone now. Just too expensive for my level of business.

Pros

I can schedule out social media for different clients (but only up to 10 SM accounts)

Cons

Awkward to use, I like using FB Meta and LinkedIn scheduling better. Seems like I'm always getting SM accounts disconnected and I find out later that my scheduled posts never posted. I don't see any email correspondence or IMs or anything to alert me of this. I find out by accident. Customer Service. Hootsuite is not meeting my needs and I am underutilizing it as such. I asked for a partial refund and they refused. It's a lot of money for something I can't utilize easily. It's a lot of money for just 10 SM accounts. I think that this platform is intended for deep-pocketed larger organizations with Social Marketing teams/depts. than for small business. There is no opt-out for auto-renewing subscriptions.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

They offered an introductory price for one year that was inexpensive enough for me to give it a try. But I will not be renewing because the price will go up 10x more.
Darren
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 18/6/2022

Probably the most reliable service available.

Great and most reliable service available, although the most restrictive for free users.

Pros

Hootesuite is highly reliable and I can schedule posts and forget knowing they will go out on time every time. Simple to use with one of the best post editing I've used on mobile.

Cons

Hootesuite has a problem dragging images out of websites when sharing web pages.

Hookle

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

Buffer could not do reposts.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

It's reliable and gave me what I needed. I liked to be able to schedule and forget.
Sheila
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Makes life so much easier

I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

Pros

I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

Cons

It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Mainly because it was free and that allowed me to test the waters. Then I went to the paid-for version.
Rick
Rick

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Hootsuite made Social media useable for us

We’ve been really happy with Hootsuite. It’s shortened the time we have to spend on social media and made the time we do spend on it much more streamlined.

Pros

We only use social media because Hootsuite allows us to manage all the different platforms at once. Otherwise we would only use 2 platform or spend a lot more time on it.

Cons

I’d really like to have a little more automation options. It’s taken a while to get used to everything but now we’re really happy.

X Pro

Reasons for Choosing Hootsuite

It was less of a switch and more of testing lots of different programs and Hootsuite has been the most efficient and easy to use for us.

X Pro

Reasons for Switching to Hootsuite

Ease of use, price, high recommendations from others.
Abigail
Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Reliable and easy social media manager

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)

I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful.

I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus.

The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite.

What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.

I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures.

I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard.

I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Gilmer
Gilmer
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/9/2023

I highly recommend

It managed to be one step ahead in my social media strategy by allowing me to easily manage and publish content on multiple social networks from a single interface. The statistical reports are also very complete. However, I missed some features exclusive to the paid version. In summary, for those who are just starting out and mainly use a network, the free version is functional, but to get the most out of it, I recommend having one of the plans that include more advanced tools.

Pros

I mainly liked the way Hootsuite makes it easy to publish content to multiple social networks on a schedule and in one place. The interface is very intuitive and allows you to create an easy-to-manage content strategy. With their calendars I can plan posts in advance, assign hashtags, and mention users. I also found the dashboard useful, which allows you to see the activity and engagement on each platform, as well as the statistical reports on reach and interaction. It is undoubtedly a great tool for those who must manage several profiles and do not want to constantly publish manually

Cons

What I liked least is that some features such as message alerts are only available on the paid plan. While I understand that it is a way for the company to earn income, for those just starting out with a small budget, those alerts could be useful. Another detail is that the programming does not allow as much flexibility when adjusting publication times when necessary. In general I feel that the free plan is somewhat limited and to get the most out of it it would be better to have the premium versions

Virginia

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week.

PROS
The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc.

Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison).

You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Kelsey
Kelsey

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Hootsuite

Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

Juanita

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

The Best Social Media Post Management Software

Overall, Hootsuite is a great software to use as a sole user or as a team. Their customer service is superb and they’re always looking for feedback to improve their software.

Pros

Not only is Hootsuite easy to use but it also provides you with all the necessary tools to manage multiple social media accounts, schedule posts and stories, but it also has great analytics report capabilities!

Cons

The only con is that sometimes videos don’t get published but we also had that problem with our previous social media management software. This is not a deal breaker as they communicate when such things happen.

Sprout Social and Buffer

Sendible
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/9/2022

Hoot if you Social!

Pros

I have been using this for years and have tried many others. I can say hands down this is the best software available for social. From listening, to being the only social that appropriately handles TikTok, winner winner social dinner!

Cons

I really wish that I could think of something but I can't

Later
Zach
Zach

Reviewed on 18/8/2019

A comprehensive social media management suite, with just a few shortcomings

Overall Hootsuite has proved to be a trustworthy and competent social media management platform.

Pros

The simplicity of being able to schedule simultaneously for multiple social channels is a huge time-saver. Having to separately publish and schedule posts on 3-4 platforms daily is a huge hassle and a drain on time. Hootsuite solves this problem and is a social media marketers best friend for that reason.

Cons

One major caveat is the unfulfilling Instagram scheduling feature, which isn't exactly a true scheduling tool. Instead of scheduling and automatically posting Hootsuite requires users to have a push notification sent to the user which must then be opened in Instagram before posting. It's a bit of an inconvenience not being able to directly schedule posts to Instagram and having to use this workaround which feels amateurish.

SocialOomph
Keyana
Keyana
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Great for bloggers, businesses, and brand influencers who need to stay on top of social media...

Pros

Being able to measure my or my business's social media stats is super important, naturally. That data is presented to us in a way that helps us to very easily understand not just how many people are engaging with our social media posts and when, but HOW that's happening, period. Which type of posts generate the most site traffic? What time of day or night might our posts be the most or least popular or engaging? How long does it take me or my team to respond to posts? These are important things to know, as they have the potential the build up or break down our brands.

Scheduling content is, of course, a huge plus when you've got 10, 12, 15 different posts across multiple platforms to help keep your audience involved and engaged in what you're doing. It's also super helpful for people and businesses that are very busy outside of their online content, and may not have a dedicated social media team to lighten the load.

Cons

The Android app can be very slow to load at times. It could be just me, but I'm usually on wifi and have a flagship Samsung that hit the market a year ago. It also gives me trouble sometimes when I'm posting to Instagram via Hootsuite and I check my posts via the actual Instagram app, and the Hootsuite Instagram post won't be there. Weird stuff. I should add that in these instances, I am using the 'Post Now' option, and not scheduling posts for a future time. Could be user error, but if it is, I think this may suggest that when it comes to posting to Instagram through Hootsuite, the process isn't as easy or straight-forward as it could or should be.