About Maintenance Connection

Maintenance Connection is a browser-based SaaS application built for the real-time maintenance and management of organizational Assets. With its configurable interface, flexible business automations, and RESTful API, Maintenance...

Browse Maintenance Connection Reviews

David J.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Benefits of using Maintenance Connection

We are using the desktop version to plan and analyse our PM strategy and work orders. The trades staff on the floor use the mobile version which will run on most tablets via a standard browser at all our plants to record all breakdowns of assets which is then analysed each month to identify reoccuring faults or assets that are regularly failing. A strategy is then put in place to eliminate the root cause of the issue.
The trades staff can also access asset information via the tablet (such as manuals, procedures) that are directly linked to the asset or the work order.
We are now seeing huge gains in efficiencies in the inventory section of our business due to the automatic reorder functionality for inventory as the trades staff directly book out parts used. once a work order is entered on the tablet, the trades staff can look up parts that are used on that asset and see how many of those parts are in stock and the location of the bin in the store .

Pros

The ease of use in the configuration of MC is far better than what I experienced with different vendor.
Most user options are a setting that the local administrator can change via a tick box option.
The in built reporting and dashboard suite are very easy to pick up and customise reports and dashboards to your companies individual needs

Cons

The only problem I have found with the software is now that we are starting to use more features of the program at a higher level we are finding small bugs. These bugs don't affect the basic functionality and the support staff are brilliant in identifying the issues and passing the issues on to the developers to develop a fix.

Response from Maintenance Connection

David,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you love the automatic parts reordering feature! Thank you for being a Maintenance Connection customer.

All the best,

Replied 13/11/2018
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 28/7/2018

Easy way to submit work orders to get things done!

Pros

As a user, I appreciate being able to submit and follow up on work orders sent to facilities. They are able to organize and assign tasks to their crew. It's easy to sign in and a user friendly interface

Cons

I am not sure from the programming end when it comes to formatting, but I was wondering if there was a way to save certain information. Currently, we have a complicated drop down menus for each section. It's complicated because there's so many categories, but I would like to have a "saved profile" for certain things like location, site and other features to make requests quicker.

Roy H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

Maintenance Connection used by local government

The County of Santa Barbara has been using the software for approximately 5 years. We use it for all our work orders. The navigation is good. We use it for preventive maintenance.
The software can do a lot more than we need.
The reporting is just "OK". This is the area they can improve on.
A great feature is, we store all our building blue prints in the software and we are starting to put in service manuals. This way the maintenance staff can see the prints and the manuals when he gets a work order on his smart phone.

The initial installation of the software was the fastest I have ever seen just a few hours for the webservers and sql server.
Putting the data in the software takes years and we will be inputting more data every year.

The navigation tree is great,,,, like windows explorer,,, easy to move around in the software, things are easy to find.

Good software product.

Pros

Ease of navigations , ability to upload prints, manuals and pictures.

Cons

Reporting is not easy

Response from Maintenance Connection

Hello Roy,
Thank you for taking the time to give a thorough review of your experience using Maintenance Connection CMMS. We pride ourselves on successful implementation for all customers and are glad to hear your installation experience was smooth and fast. Additionally, it¿s great to hear that you find our navigation to be simple and easy to find what you¿re looking for. Our Customer Success team will reach out to you directly to understand your needs and feedback regarding reporting, and to share with you the reporting enhancements we have planned. Thank you again for your positive feedback, we always love to hear what customers think!

-Carissa

Replied 9/3/2017
Lisa G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Maintenance Connection is by far the top of line in support, functionality, ease of use, and...

As the software analyst for Facilities and Services, my first task was to upgrade the current system to a web version. The upgrade went fairly well until we moved to paperless, which included ipads for technicians. We found many limitations that were put on the software and I was forced to make work arounds in order to operate. After a year of frustration and complaints not only by our department but, by users putting in requests, I was given the task of researching other software vendors. We looked at many of the top ten facilities management software packages. Some vendors even came on campus to demo their product. The minute we looked at maintenance connection, we were sold. Here are some of the key points that we found different about maintenance connection. First thing that caught my attention was the fact that there are demo's and how to's on you tube. They are out there for everyone to see. It's not a secret. This told me they are open and not one of those companies that wants you to pay them just to show you functionality. The next selling point was the fact that the requestor can put in a request from any device. They can log into the requestor on their cell phone, ipad, chrome book.... There is not extra module to buy for that. Once I found these items, I set up a demo with them. The person that did the demo was amazing. He wasn't just a salesman, he knew the software and could answer questions about it. This is something I had never seen before. When he demo'd the calendar function (you can assign techs on a calendar), the maintenance manager got very excited. When he showed how easy it was to change a field name just by right clicking on it. I shed a tear. I couldn't help it. I was in front of all my coworkers and didn't want to show emotion but, I was overwhelmed by just how easy everything is. This software is a system admin dream. Six of us went to the user conference this week and all six of us came back with very happy faces and so much excitement. I could go on and on about how wonderful this software is. If you have struggled with your facilities management software, just look up maintenance connection on you tube. If that doesn't convince you, let them demo the software for you. You will be truly amazed!!!!!

Michael P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Great way to track asset maintenance

I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

Pros

The available features: work order system, preventative maintenance scheduling/tracking, purchase order processing, and asset management. Many features are available for a wide variety of applications. Their customer service is second to none in similar kinds of software.

Cons

Some of the ways that specific features of the program don't interact with each other very well or something that seems easier to execute takes additional steps or mouse clicks to complete. Since the last update, I have noticed more problems - I am not a huge fan of the update. I also don't like being forced to track the majority of work orders by target dates.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We're glad that you love the product support! Don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if there's anything we can do to help.

- The Maintenance Connection Team

Replied 30/10/2018
Darrell L.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

Good software with some drawbacks

For the most part this is a great software with a lot of functionality and traceability. However, there are holes in the change tracking that make it difficult, if not impossible, to validate for use as a stand-alone system for FDA regulated processes. This makes it so that you have to use a hybrid system of electronic and paper, which defeats the purpose to a large extent of having this software. I have tried to work with their support to get these holes fixed, but to no avail. Also, since Accruent took over, they no longer allow month by month use. They require at least a 1 year commitment in order to use the software, and they also charge extra if you want to be billed on a monthly basis instead of paying all up front.

Pros

It has an extensive reporting system that makes it easy to customize reports based on many different criteria and any report you create can be scheduled to be emailed to whoever needs it at any specified time interval.

Cons

The software cannot be validated according to the FDA standards as a stand-alone management system for maintenance.

Erin M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 5/10/2016

Excited to learn more!!

We are excited to see the full potential of this software in our environment. It was purchased over years ago and we are really just beginning to use it primarily for our vehicles at this point. We look forward to using it for our lifts and hopefully our facilities, as well. Customer service is great. I feel the MCU should be included in the annual subscription. The videos and technical help is not as helpful as calling. Videos like the ones used in Lynda.com would be more helpful. I think the checkpoint is great, but feel the sessions go too fast and should be a little more in depth. They have to move fast to stay on schedule, so maybe recording them and posting after the event or even sending to attendees afterward. Possibly even sell as a one time subscription to businesses that didn't attend??

Pros

CUstomer service is awesome, comprehensive reports, great for asset management, etc.

Cons

Not intuitive, ease of online help.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

To combine a good piece of software with a great team makes it great.

Ease of use, excellent customer support, and unparalleled reporting.

Pros

The software is web based and hosted so for our money this takes the burden off of our IT department. This along with their superior customer support gives us confidence that the software will flex to our needs.

The reporting tools stands out also. There is nothing that can't be found through a report. The ability to customize reports puts a personal touch to each one.

Cons

As with everything there is a cost associated with it. Along those lines, the separation of mobile. It would be nice if MC Express what just part of the overall package. Having to purchase Add-ons is not something that is usually in the cards.

Bryann F.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/7/2017

Easy to use & helpful support.

A more organized work order system, of which we had nothing before.

Pros

Easy to use! We manage over 100 pieces of equipment and over 3000 inventory items, so it's nice to have all of our data in one place. Reports are easy to create, and I have had nothing but excellent support from the help desk on several occasions.

Cons

No ability for the user to add multiple items (for example, inventory). It all has to be done by MC staff - would love if the option was available to us.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Bryann, thanks so much for your review! It's great to hear that we've been able to help your organization manage such a large inventory! We're hope we've been able to exceed your expectations.

Replied 21/7/2017
Chris A.

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Expedites the process of work orders

Quicker service and easier and faster gathering of information for the job.

Pros

We are able to quickly get and understand the needs of the residents to give them a quicker and better result of their needs.

Cons

The overload of information and reports that can be generated by Maintenance Connection can be overwhelming. There are so many options for reports, you can lose yourself in reports sometimes. But, you need them there because everyone is looking for other options.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Chris, thanks for leaving us your feedback! It's great to hear that it speeds up the job!

Replied 20/7/2017
Kirstin H.

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Everyday User

We use Maintenance Connection differently than most companies. This houses our entire oil field's assets and monitors work done on them. I like that we can keep an eye on things. I wish it allowed for a little more flexibility.

Pros

I like that it follows a linear approach to having work orders and PMs and the asset tree.

Cons

It is difficult to get the results i am looking for when using reports. It also makes it difficult to amend certain things. Our program needs restructured and that daunting task is not something i am looking forward to.

Brandon G.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Greatest Software Ever

Trackability, ease of use, over all better PM functions, and availability of inventory from site to site.

Pros

Extremely User Friendly, Love it. Definitely Value Add. We have expanded our use from 3 DC's to now in 31 DC's nationwide.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable without extra costs involved. There are a bunch of fields within the Tasks tab on work orders that I would like to utilize for auditing but I would need to change the fields.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Brandon, what a great review! We're so glad to hear that your company has adopted the software!

Replied 20/7/2017
Cody P.

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Easy to use, responsive, the best customer service around.

This software streamlined our operations and maintenance management processes. It also served as a stand alone procurement software for us and easily integrated with our ERP system as an open API.

Pros

I like the simplicity and ease of use. It takes no time at all to learn it, and it is easily adaptable. Customer service rocks!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. If I had to be picky, I think that perhaps in the future a more robust purchasing capability would be nice.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

100% better than my company's last CMMS

Better Asset Management, better scheduling and planning of work. Over all department is more efficient.

Pros

Asset history can be review directly in the asset module or use the basic and or custom reports. PMs and procedure modules are very simple to set up.

Cons

Asset downtime embeds after completion of work. If correction needs to be made many steps are taken to correct downtime.

Marcos A.

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

Nothing but positive, every question I have is always answered.

Fewer line interruptions & great ROI across the "board"

Pros

Maintenance Connection is easy to use.
Customer support is great.
Most of my questions are answered & if not they're put in a suggestion file that is influenced by all Maitenance Connection users.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thanks for your great review, Marcos! We love having you as a customer!

Take care,

Replied 8/2/2018
Louise T.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

MC Review

They were very responsive during our implementation and they are always responsive with any customer service needs we have.

Pros

Customer service is excellent! The reporting feature has a lot of canned reports and is easy to learn how to configure your own reports.

Cons

Some tracking of downtime or other tracking can be tricky to set up a report.

Nick G.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Corporate Maintenance Manager

I am charged with the implementation of the system across all our plants. Which are forty in total, the system allows me ability to standardize the system and track the progress of each plant .

Pros

For the end user it is fairly intuitive. Screen layout easy to follow.

Cons

settin gup of reports can be challenging. It would be helpful to provide webinar training.

Eric B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Use MC everyday. Does a good job for us

Pros

Does a great job handling task lists and PMs. Handles prioritizing work orders quite well. Document attachment is nice too

Cons

Scheduling could use some help. It is too hard to see what each individual employee is sheduled for on a given day

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you so much for your review, Eric! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!

Replied 19/7/2017
Mick B.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Maintenance connections is the Best!!

We are staying on top of our many PM's and daily workorders. I can view the month calendars and see where I need additional resources and scheck our ontime status.

Pros

How easy it is to train others to use the software for workorders. It's a great way to manage and organize your work schedules.

Cons

I would like to use it to gather information and run reports but am finding it very difficult to use with the little training I have. I would like to utilize a training session just for this reason.

Gary G.

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

i started a MRO Room from the ground. CMMS is been there since day 1. 3 years into it now.

Pros

very easy to use and have other people to navigate as well. The Inventory section and Purchase order section is what i use all day. Making PO's and creating an item list for our Secure Storage room.

Cons

in the new item section. you use to be able to copy and paste on the Item number line, can't anymore

Jim W.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Excellent feature set for a reasonable cost.

Better spare parts Inventory control, faster maintenance response times, better scheduling and implementation of preventive maintenance program, excellent reporting package.

Pros

The software offers many features of higher end products while retaining a user friendly environment. Dollar for dollar, the best system I have used.

Cons

I can think of very few down sides to this software and most of those fall in the "user preference" category. I have used Maximo, MP2, iMaint and a few oddballs and none combines the versatility and features for the same money as Maintenance Connection.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you for your great review, Jim! We're happy to hear you enjoy using the system and we look forward to providing excellent service to you for years to come!
Thanks,

Replied 7/2/2018
Kim M.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Maintenance Connection Review

We are able to track our inventory which is very cost effective.

Pros

I like the way the software works. Things are easy to track such as the number of repeat calls, employees time spent on jobs and problem areas.

Cons

I would have to say the scrolling calendar is what I like the least at this point.

Ali M.

Reviewed on 12/2/2018

I can literally say that MC software revolutionized our work, bringing much more control.

Pros

- Different types of reports are possible with almost no limitation
- Ability to be informed of the status of any work order at any moment
- ...

Cons

- The appearance of software and the fonts could be more attractive
- Sometimes there are some small lags after clicking on a module
- ...

Edgardo A.

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Great software, easy to surf through the menu, easy friendly, reports are great. assets...

Pros

The easy interaction among the menu, easy work order creation and follow up.
I use TELS software too and Maintenance connection is far way better.

Cons

I am very satisfied with this software, I do not have any cons at this point, the only point to be addressed id the fact

Brian B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 7/2/2018

customer service has been second to none

organization and consistancy

Pros

customer service has been responsive and helpful, not having to wait for new updates to make changes has also been great

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thanks for the kind review, Brian! We look forward to providing outstanding customer service to you for years to come!

Thanks,