RazorSync Reviews

About RazorSync

RazorSync is a cloud-based field service management solution that features both mobile and desktop capabilities. It is supported on Android and iOS and is designed for small and midsize field service businesses. Key features of...

4.1

Browse RazorSync Reviews

Rod
Rod

Reviewed on 3/11/2019

Very Good Solution for my Business

Generally a good tool that is central to my business operations. Lots of good features that cover the critical aspects of what I need to run my mobile window screen company and a support staff that is available and responsive.

Pros

Comprehensive CRM package at a reasonable price

Cons

Not easy to customize, some aspects are stilted, different platform versions are inconsistent

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the review and feedback Rod! Please reach out to us if you need anything.

marc

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

very good program, with a few minor changes can be great!

Time-efficient , least paperwork more profit!

Pros

price, support, offline capabilities, relatively easy to use.

Cons

QB integration, communication with customers(ex. mail to only one person at a time), miss some intuitive options, no statement or finance charging option

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Marc for this review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist!! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Alissa

Service Issues

RazorSync has been fairly easy for my non tech savvy employees to use. Though trouble shooting when there are issues is a bit of a nightmare. This has stream lined my payroll processes and increased the speed to invoice clients, though the way the software works, I can't use the invoice functionality. I also find it hard to trust that things will work properly after the experiences we've had.

Pros

The reporting capability and ability to cut out paper were huge reasons we purchased. Those continue to be positive.

Cons

The customer service is extremely subpar, and there are constantly tech glitches and issues that the company cant explain, doesn't take accountability for and don't seem very concerned about resolving. Getting a call back or follow through on issue resolution is non existent. When I sold the product I was told things could be customized and that the company could be paid to do some customizations. But once I purchased and looked towards getting some things changed, that wasn't actually true. Additionally the training on the front end was worthless which caused more work for me having to train my own people and create my own user manuals. The fact that the software looks different if you are using Android vs Apple is also not ideal.

Movista and Jobber

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Alissa for your review and your feedback, we appreciate it. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please feel free to email me directly [email protected] or call us directly at 877-675-4395 to see if there's an issue we can help resolve.

Top RazorSync Alternatives

Intuit Field Service Management

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Gregory

RazorSync review

Greater control on the work order process and accounting process.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to create multiple work orders for the same customer.

Cons

I wish you were able to flip easier through the program to access various work orders. When you enter in a work order, I wish this would automatically open up and allow me to see instead of having to flip through the customer. The work order should open up to the proper work order.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your feedback and review! If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Robert
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great value

Already found 1 technician committing time-card fraud via the GPS tracking feature, great for customer complaint verifications w/GPS tracking/check-ins, and customer search field is excellent.

Pros

GPS tracking, timesheets, customer notification of service technician status (en route, on site, completed), best customer search function and address auto-fill there is.

Cons

lacking infinite customer scheduling, no way for mobile devices/techs to check their own hours.

FieldRoutes

switching to paperless office

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Good QB integration, GPS tracking, time cards all included.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Robert for the review! I'm so glad we've been able to assist you! Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

Heather

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Has Potential

We see that a CRM program would be tremendously helpful to our business, but unfortunately RS is costing a lot of man hours to resolve quirks and glitches, only to have new ones come up. Customer support is usually very helpful - but there are limitations with this software. It just eats up so much of our employee time and energy to keep it working for us. We are on the lookout for something else.

Pros

It is easy to see how navigation of the software should work.
The schedule is clear and has multiple views for daily / weekly / monthly.

Cons

It is VERY "glitchy". Working one day, kicking us out the next.
Places don't seem to connect - for example customer notes will appear in one spot for administration, but then the techs don't see it. Tech's will enter a customer notes and administration can't find it.

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

It was not well suited for our type of industry.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

RS was more visually pleasing, appeared easier to navigate with very little training.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your feedback, can you please call us at 877-675-4395 option 2 for support so we can document the issue in order to get it resolved?

Replied 9/4/2021
Thomas

Reviewed on 2/11/2019

Makes our business work...

Without a software like this, our company would be almost impossible to operate efficiently. Although it can be slow responding to touch at times especially when the techs are navigating between screens on ipads in the field, it does function well 90% of the time.

Pros

We like that we can really track each service call and pull up reports that will list each call and what status it is in, based on what we customized out status headings to be.
Its great to be able to back track and un-invoice something if we want to reopen the work order, or service request.
Also, the fact of adding multiple work orders to one service request for a job that may be ongoing or needing return trips is an excellent feature and essential part of our requirements.

Cons

It is really tricky navigating and opening past work orders and invoices to view history.
Also confusing and somewhat limited in customizing customer entries and how it is set up for adding or deciphering sites versus billing, etc. Commercial customers can not be saved without adding a first and last name? this is strange and entries have to be modified in Quickbooks online after we export.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Thomas for your review. We are glad to hear its making your business operate more efficiently! Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Taylor

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Razor Sync Review - KBS

Overall experience has been great, very easy to use, and works for what we need

Pros

We like the look overall, the calender, being able to have digital signitures etc.

Cons

There are some errors every once in awhile and sometimes it can be slow but the problems often work themselves out. Also seems to be specifically for HVAC companies, we use for mailing equipment, sometimes companies have multiple machines -- we have been able to adjust for our needs which is good however.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Taylor! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Shawn

Mobile Scheduling Services

Pros

RazorSync helped improve the time spent on scheduling my technicians for their daily work. From a management perspective, the dashboard is a great visual to see where my team is scheduled to perform work. Updating and changing schedules on the fly has been a great feature. Improved productivity for my office and field staff.

Cons

My technicians can easily turn off location tracking in the app.

mHelpDesk and Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to RazorSync

Simplicity of scheduling. The user interface on a mobile device was simple to use for my techs. Pricing was more favorable than other companies.

Response from RazorSync

So glad RazorSync was able to save you time!! Thank you for making us a partner in your business. Please connect with us if something ever comes up!

rachel

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Comprehensive Software for Service Providers

Pros

From customer leads to payments, this software covers everything you can think of. One of my favorite features is the customer interactions you can set up, by letting them know when we are on our way or onsite.

Cons

My biggest complaint is customization. To be Fair Even since we first purchased the software, they have implemented new customizations. So keep on adding customizable fields, RazorSync!

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Rachel We look forward to serving you.

Replied 23/3/2021
Donald

Reviewed on 13/2/2017

RazorSync is an EXCELLENT Platform!

I moved from Successware21 (using it from 2004 to 2016) to Wintac (Using it from Jan 2016 to Jan 15, 2017) and I was looking for a good software that had an all in-one dispatch and financial. But after using Wintac for only one year - I had enough. I had demos done with 5 after looking at 15 companies and found out of the five companies RazorSync.
The Platform is SOOO easy to navigate through my techs love using it in the field and the customers love getting the alerts, emails too. One of the biggest problems with Wintac was my customers getting their invoices by email. No problem with RazorSync! The set up was very easy also and learn time of the platform took weeks not months. One thing I need to express is in the field my techs still have full function of the software in the field when there is no signal with phone or tablet. I have not used QuickBooks since 2003 when I was using Successware21. I was was amazed how easy RazorSync worked with Quickbooks Online version. For someone using QuickBooks already it would be a no brainer to go with RazorSync. In my opinion should be at the top of the list and definitely 10 times easier to use than Wintac.
One more thing about the QuickBooks since I have out of the loop with them for years - We are now doing using the full payroll services through them and cut my cost by $ a year after moving from PayChex for 20 years. Because of the great personal over at RazorSync and the software it has been a GREAT experience for us. We High Recommend this company and if you have a decision to make you must check them out, you will not be sorry.

Pros

The Software is very easy to use. I do not need a Server in my office and very mobile with tablet or phone. It integrates with QuickBooks easily and setup is a breeze. The mobile side is amazing with how fast to use in the field. No waiting for upload times. We will switch from phone to tablet when finishing the service call so we do not have to carry the tablet until the end. The phone app is excellent and easy to use. Able to take Credit Card transactions through the system and automatically updates real time. If you are already using QuickBooks it would be an very easy setup.

Cons

After using Successware 21 and Wintac - The cost of Successware 21 to high and the major issues we ran into for just an year with Wintac. I can not find cons with this company.
They all have different ways of making their software and have glitches but it is how they handle the issues is what makes the company stand out.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the compliments Don. We look forward to serving you and the entire Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning team!

Replied 13/2/2017
Natalie

Reviewed on 2/11/2019

Lots of potential, but not quite there

Nice to be able to see (for the most part) where employees are and dispatching works very well. RS would be a better fit for a company that could use it as designed. Unfortunately, in order to get RS to operate as we need it to to, we have had to make up many complicated and time consuming procedures that offset much of the time savings afforded to those whose business models are more compatible w/ RS's design. The ability to make customizations could potentially solve this issue.

Customer service leaves something to be desired.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.

Inventory management w/ price tiers is useful, but we havent actually used that feature yet.

Cons

Lacks intermediate levels between admin and user. It would be nice if you could supervisors the ability to make WOs w/o giving them access to other sensitive information.

Lacks fields that are visible to management, but not employees (for instance a place to put billing information for jobs that are based on a bid price rather than an hourly labor rate)

Service items are not time stamped which makes them unhelpful for many types of reports.

Not bilingual.

Frequent technical issues including issues w/ GPS.

Breadcrumbs are hard to interpret because you can zoom in enough. Makes it impossible to tell when an employee started and stopped at a given location.

It would be nice to be able to close out multiple WOs that are part of the same service request at the same time/ if it was more friendly for those situations that might only have one line of billing despite multiple people or days of work being required.

Makes you change password too frequently.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Natalie for your review and feedback, we appreciate it. Please let us know if we can help you with anything.

MIchael

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Great Software

Very good. They are fast to respond to issues and will walk you through any issue you are having over the phone.

Pros

The ease of use from any platform. I have varying age technicians so their preferred method of use is different. Younger techs love using the phone app and older techs like the ability to use the computer as well.

Cons

There is no Purchase Order system. So when parts are ordered there is additional steps needed to get them into inventory. Instead of placing the order through the software and once they come in clicking a button to put them into inventory we need to order and then put them in once they arrive. This adds a step that we sometimes forget to do. We are a small operation without a parts manager so if we get busy and don't get the parts entered our inventory gets screwed up.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Michael for the review and the feedback! We're so happy to hear that you think RazorSync is great!! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Replied 13/11/2019
Greg

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Its OK

A lot of talk and nope can't change anything for you.

Pros

Its the best we have right now. Looking at other software.

Cons

The predictive addresses and customer names. No name only color on the phone app for the workers that are scheduled. Let's see rep is green and I think rep is lighter green and rep is light blue no maybe darker blue or reddish pink......I'm glad we only have a few employees otherwise I would have to open each scheduled time and see which employee has what job. Also I think it should be up to me on which permissions I grant you. The app will not work unless I grant you a few permissions.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Greg for your feedback. We are sorry you are frustrated with portions of the app. Please contact our support team at 877-675-4395 option 2 or see an email to [email protected] to see if there's an issue we can help you resolve.

Edwin
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Making you work flow easier

Overall the the software works great.

Pros

With the techs inputting hardware while they are onsite and using the on route and on site features in the software, it makes billing out the jobs so much easier. It also gives our invoices a more professional look rather than hand written invoices (and a lot easier to read.)

Cons

I have a couple of customers who have over a hundred ship to addresses, and at night when we get called out to a call you can not scroll alphabetically thru the addresses. I have had to manually move them one at a time to have them come up alphabetically. Then one update they change (for one customer) from A -Z to Z-A.
It would be nice to either be able to drag and drop them alphabetically into place or hit a button that can sort them from A-Z

Response from RazorSync

Happy to hear the software is working great for you! We appreciate your feedback! If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Christina

Feedback

For the most part we are satisfied with what the software offers our carpet cleaning industry, however, the above mentioned changes would be very helpful.

Pros

Being able to switch from paper invoices to electronic.

Cons

Cannot view messages to text via a messenger so that you can see what has been sent and the tech's response.
Cannot put account Alerts or Do Not Service on accounts.
Would like to be able to see the full appointment when you hover of the appointment on the schedule.
Cannot create duplicate customers with the same name but different addresses.
Cannot make customer accounts inactive when duplicates are created or merge the accounts in order to not lose previous information.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Christina for the review and your feedback. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Noelle
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

RazorSync Review

It is a great tool for Service industry invoicing and billing.

Pros

The ability to work offline. Good customer support.

Cons

Not customizable. Sometimes our requests for improvement are delayed.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing RazorSync

Better overall product and customer service.

TrueContext

Best overall product.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Noelle for your review!! We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. Please reach out if you have any questions, our team is always happy to help!!!

Tera

Reviewed on 27/6/2017

Great product for cost

Ability to use IPADs in the field and customer profiles. We really like the ability to keep all the customers info in one database but still can have the ability to export everything to quickbooks. Customizable forms are a great benefit as well. It has helped us streamline the paperwork side of our company and everyone can see the information when when needed.

Pros

Ability to create own form and customize in many ways. Customer service is great as well. Also the integration with quickbooks is a huge plus as well. We lite that we can customize almost any form. We are easily able to communicate with techs in the field. The customer reports are a great feature to send to customers to show them what we have done when additional details are needed. Overall we are happy with the product.

Cons

Reporting could be improved and navigation throughly the system could be a little more user friendly. Would like to see more Key Performance Indicators for tech and ability to integrate with marketing. I think it is probably a stepping stone platform but great for a smaller company.

Jack
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 9/11/2019

Razor sync imrovments

very good. site could be a little more eye popping. buttons more bubbly. needs to be easier to get around. not all buttons are obvious to find.

Pros

Lots of features. There is an app which is helpfull.

Cons

Want to add multiple people to one job so i dont have to create multiple work orders. There also needs to be an easier way to view all work orders for one site. Also should be another selection for status of work order such as "incomlete-return needed" or "incomplete-end of day". Could also make it so that work orders dont need to be in consecutive days. I would like to be able to have something scheduled on Monday and be able to come back on Wednesday and still be able to access my notes from that monday because i am still working on the same thing. It would be helpful to organize jobs that were cancelled or restructured or a return site visit needs to be done to be put in a place so i know what waasnt completed that week and what is needed to get back to. Tab on calender for sick days or vacation days. Let us export to excel document or word document.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you Jack for the review and the feedback! Our Gen 7, which is slated to come out sometime next year will have some new features which will make finding the buttons much easier along with other enhancements! If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to us.

Neal

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Great product!

Wonderful. Questions get answered by the support staff, our technicians are able to pick it up relatively quickly. Invoicing customers is easy. Taking credit card payments, etc. Overall it has helped streamline what we do here at a cost that is much less than others we've used in the past. We're happy to be working with RazorSync.

Pros

We're an HVAC company that provides service and installation of heating and AC equipment. RazorSync is used by our handful of technicians in the field on iPads. The real time information is very beneficial and I am able to input information on my laptop here at the office and they receive it out in the field. Everyone knows where they're supposed to be and what they're walking into.

Cons

There are some specific reports that we'd like to run that haven't been created yet but overall it's been seamless with our Quickbooks system and very helpful for us.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for the great review Neal. Please reach out to us if you ever need anything.

April
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

I AM PRETTY HAPPY WITH MY EXPERIENCE WITH RAZORSYNC, HOWEVER I HAVE CALLED A COUPLE TIMES (ONCE 2 YEARS AGO AND AGAIN LAST YEAR )REGARDING THE ABOVE ISSUE AND HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU GUYS WERE WORKING ON THAT ISSUE AND IT IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE.

Pros

REALLY EASY TO LEARN AND USE. I AM THE OFFICE MANAGER HERE AND ALSO DO TRAINING AND IT IS VERY EASY TO TRAIN.

Cons

WHEN NEEDING TO SEND AN EMAIL TO A CUSTOMER IT ONLY AUTO PULLS ONE EMAIL . YOU CAN ADD OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS BUT IF YOU DON'T THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU HAVE TO CLOSE OUT YOUR EMAIL GO INTO THE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT COPY THE ADDITIONAL EMAIL ( ONE AT A TIME ) AND THEN GO BACK TO THE WORK ORDER YOU ARE WANTING TO SEND AND ADD THE EXTRA EMAIL. SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE MULTIPLE PEOPLE THAT WANT A COPY OF THE WORK ORDER AND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THAT EASILY.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review April. Glad to hear your happy with your experience with RazorSync! I appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to the team. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions.

Lacey

RazorSync Review

I have been with Razorsync for about 5 years now. The first 3.5 years were fantastic I always got someone on the phone when I called, that was knowledgeable and professional. I felt like my business was important. I feel as though a big growth happened over the last 1.5 years that has stopped this customer service from happening. I leave messages that are never returned. I ask questions and the people dont know the answer and I have to be transfered around. Or a razor rep will tell me I cant do something and I walk them through myself how to do it.

Pros

I like that I can customize and make it work for my company.

Cons

Some simple things such as multiple emails being sent a quote at the same time is frustrating. Along with constant worry that the site will crash and that I wont be able to conduct business.

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for your review and feedback Lacey. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Please email me directly [email protected] and or call us directly at 877-675-4395 option 2 to see if there's issues we can help you resolve.

Jerry

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Good product for smaller companies, reporting and flexibility are limited, customer support...

Initially, tech support was very responsive, and changes were made to the program to improve the product. Now, tech support is done at a lesser level of knowledge. If they cannot solve the problem they just don't reply. If pushed, the reply is typically "that service is not available at this time, but we are looking into it". It seemed like initially tech support were the designers, now they are operators answering phones.

Pros

It was easy to use and set up. Worked ok until we reached 20 + employees

Cons

Having to enter the same information multiple times, lack of customizing reports. Basic reports do not work. Not able to receive multiple payments against a work order. No way to pull multiple techs into one invoice, except manual cut and paste, no merging. No way to pull jobs forward except manually one at a time. No way to flag jobs left behind. No method of customizing work order creation, to make certain fields mandatory or optional. Cannot add additional fields such as payment method.

Parri
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/6/2017

We have been using RazorSync for a few years now and this program has helped with our workflow.

We are able to keep track of employees and jobs. This software helps to run our business in a more organized manner.

Pros

Our scheduled jobs are easily accessible wherever we are. It is easy for our employees to use. Our employees are able to use this software as a time clock. As a business owner we are able to pull up the jobs each employee takes part in on a daily basis. We are able to see billable time versus down time. We are able to store notes for the customer that helps keep a log of the type of equipment they have. RazorSync is affordable for small businesses. We use all of these things to set us apart from other small businesses. We try to think BIG! That is why we use RazorSync.

Cons

Our company does not have a time frame or a day for most jobs. They are not all scheduled. We have to manually move jobs over to the next day if they are not completed or unassigned.

Bret

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Good value for service company scheduling software

The software has a lot of functionality and meets our needs as a small organization. Customer service has been very good so far.

Pros

Vary easy to set up customers, schedule calls, mobile app, cloud based
Integrates to QuickBooks On line

Cons

The mobile app does not automatically sync if you have an I-phone but this is being addressed. It does not have the ability to apply a credit to an account. We use the accrual method of accounting so we book revenue after the service is performed. If someone is unhappy, we have to alter the original invoice because you cannot write a credit memo to apply to an invoice.

ServiceTitan and Jobber

Ease of use and price

Response from RazorSync

Thank you for making us the partner in your business Bret. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!