About Sage 100

Sage 100 is a cloud-connected ERP platform (Enterprise Resource Planning) for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service companies. Finance, budgeting, planning, inventory, supply chain, production...

3.7
3.9
3.8
3.7

Browse Sage 100 Reviews

Angelo

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Excellent accounting system, very complete

Pros

The integrity of the system is undoubtedly the best part of it, apart from the financial analysis tools.

Cons

The least I like is that it does not have several languages only English, it would be good to add other languages.

Kathryn

waiting for many enhancements Sage 100 Contractor

been a struggle and had to create many manual systems outside the software to operate and manage the business

Pros

covers all the basic functions

Cons

missing many key functions, has too many restricted areas that need to be more user-friendly, that were not designed by real life users

FOUNDATION

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

had hoped that the large software company would use its resources as the sales rep promised to get the enhancements we were told were in the works, years ago. We are still waiting and have reminded Sage every year since.
Tod
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros

Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons

MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Top Sage 100 Alternatives

Jason
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Great for Small Businesses

Sage 100 acts as the accounting system for our entire business. It's great for small businesses like ours.

Pros

We use Sage 100 for A/P, A/R, and G/L and those modules work great for our business. The interface is simple to use and customizable so you can see only the fields that are important to you. We've also built several import jobs to be able to import data from our other systems.

Cons

My only complaint with Sage 100 is that it practically requires a third-party to help you implement and upgrade every so often. I wish the upgrade process was more intuitive and better documented so that a third-party would not be necessary.

Johanes
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 - My Review

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Long Time User

Customer support is usually goo

Pros

The day to day use of the software works well

Cons

Every time we update the software or move to a new version, we have glitches and have to call for support.
It's also harder now to make custom reports for payroll (since it is a stand alone module)

Shivali

Reviewed on 17/3/2021

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

I enjoy its capabilities.

Pros

Being able to lock data in a time frame. And the bank reconciliation.

Cons

A little more expensive compared to other products. But this is ok considering its features being specific to accounting profession.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Stability of the system. And the internal audit and control functions.
Elizabeth
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer.

This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

FreshBooks, Quickbooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

Zoho Books had some quirks that I found to be frustrating.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

I did not end up using Sage due to the aforementioned issues and lack of features. I went through the trial but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit.
Danielle

Not for us

This software is time consuming. You spend more time waiting for items to post, than inputting information.

Pros

The set-up was very easy. The instructions giving was easy to follow. Customer service was very helpful with the questions that we had.

Cons

This software is antiquated. To void a payment, you have to manually void the payment. To make adjustments to a invoice, requires you to research the invoice information such as: invoice #, amount, posting date, GL code and cost code, then manually make the adjustment. In the payroll module, once you post payroll all information is gone. You can not retrieve the information.

Ezechiel Narcisse

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

New Sage 100cloud software is great

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Jeff
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Craig

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

SAGE 100 is a Winner

Overall, Sage has helped with running our business and keeping everything straight - I would say my (our) experience with Sage has been a positive one.

Pros

It is a very robust package of modules - each module is for a specific task - general ledger, AP, AR, Inventory, etc. Once you have your company setup you assign your staff to be responsible for one of the modules and they become the expert in the module. All modules are integrated with the other modules so there is no need to upload and run sync programs - it is all done for you.

Cons

Sometimes the modules are not as intuitive as other modules - I can only guess different software designers designed different modules and therefore the nuances of writing logical code differ from individual to individual. This makes more a bit of discontinuity across the modules. Somethings a module will crash due to some parameter not having a specific number or letter in the database (don't even know how that would happen!) and you cannot diagnose it yourself - you have to call customer service. It will cost you money if you don't have a CS plan and chew up at least an hour of your time. However, in fairness it does not happen too often.

Trey

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

RHONDA
  • Industry: Printing

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Yanet

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Sage 100cloud from a non-profit user

It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

Pros

All the modules are located on the left side of the home screen. It may not seem like a big component; however, when you're wanting to go in and out-things it's a game changer. Some days, I have up to ten different windows in which I'm cross referencing. I can reconcile while looking at my AR and AP. Making entries and printing checks is a breeze. The steps are easy to follow and the tutorials are simple.

Cons

Be sure to double check modules when updating software. We updated and quickly realized some modules hadn't carried over correctly. It was taken care of fast but could've caused problems down the road. It would be nice to have a checklist of when everything is being updated to see when changes did/didn't occur.

Ross
  • Industry: Wholesale

SAGE 100C - robust solution

Stable, well-built product with good interface and functionality. Good 3rd party customer support. Recent better pricing.

Pros

Complete end to end ERP solution with robust modules scaled for massive implementations - now fairly priced for smaller companies without the loss of functionality.

Cons

It is a full featured product that is clearly designed for large organizations with dozens of users. In a small company it is a bit burdensome as there are no quick transactions or shortcuts. The Crystal reporting suite is also full function - but it takes a true Crystal expert to easily create reports. There is no ability to quickly create an ad hoc report, and unless Crystal is your second language, it often takes too long to build a report for a single use.

Renee
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Proper training required

The transfer to Sage 100 was very frustrating. Part of the issue that made it so frustrating was caused by the company hired to help us with the transfer.

Pros

The ability to quickly change between companies is a plus for me. The inventory valuation is a big upgrade.

Cons

This software is not intuitive. You have to know exactly what you are looking for in order to find things. We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 100 so I was surprised at the learning curve. In truth, the only things that are similar between Sage 50 and Sage 100 was that Sage was in the name of both.

Joy

Reliable Accounting Software

Remote access is seamless

Pros

It is reliable and we have used it for over over 25 years.

Cons

Lack of multilingual options.
Lack of flexibility with regard to output
Expensive

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Quickbooks was had limited features.
Victoria
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Good, could be better

Pros

Themes capability is cool. Should be more available.

Cons

Job Cost lack of features. A/P not intuitive, e.g. voiding checks.

Brenda
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100Cloud

Sage is a good product with an excellent support staff.

Pros

The product walks you through most of the modules with ease. It allows me to give ownership to the departments that work their modules and monitor their progress. Thankful for Sage University, bundling the training so that individuals get a better feel of what their use of Sage effects within the whole organization.

Cons

The number of redundant stops in updating. The lack of ability to reopen completed items like sales orders and work orders. The inability to utilize recurring invoicing through AR, as it does not have the capability of tying out the ship to address with sales tax.

Bernard
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Wholesale consumer products distributor

A Sage Business Partner who knows exactly how the company's processes function is the best option for support if multiple add-in modules are used.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP is fully functional for all steps in a wholesale consumer products process. The Reports Explorer allows custom detailed report writing to support general ledger balances. MAS Intelligence reporting uses an Excel BI add-in for financial reporting.

Cons

Standard reports require knowledge of Crystal Reports for customizing. Adding multiple third party modules such as Scanforce, Multi-Bin, etc. greatly complicates upgrades to new releases.

Denise

Why I like Sage

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons

Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Kathy

Reviewed on 21/3/2018

Director of Finance

Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros

This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons

Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth?
I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.

William

Sage Review

Overall, Sage has been a good experience. It doesn't work well over a VPN connection, so it is difficult to work from home, but other than that, I haven't had any bad experiences with Sage 100c.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is what I like most about it. We only use the GL & AP modules and I haven't experienced any issues with those modules.

Cons

The software really needs a real cloud-based version that does not have to be installed on a server. The name Sage 100cloud is really misleading.

Judi
  • Industry: Warehousing

Easy to learn

Now that I have added another role to my resume here - I am finding how this all works together. I only had the accounting piece before. Now I see how my entries in PO will effect what happens when I invoice vendors and when I (occasionally) do the sales orders - I see how that effects the purchasing/invoicing Customers.

Pros

I came from another company where we used Visual Mfg. Coming here and learning a completely new program made me nervous but, my fears were not warranted. It was very similar which helped me to be able to pick it up quickly.

Cons

I have no complaints. Maybe after I use it for more than a couple of years I will.