SysAid Reviews

Visit Website

About SysAid

SysAid empowers organizations to deliver exceptional service – automagically. A comprehensive, next-gen ITSM platform, SysAid comes ready for action with generative AI baked into every element of service management, all wrapped...

Browse SysAid Reviews

Edward
Edward
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

ITIL Compliant ServiceDesk System with user-friendly self-service portal

SysAid is our ITSM Tool. Aides us in implementing and monitoring ITIL procedures and standards. We register all of our incidents and requests thru the SysAid Admin (IT Technicians) or Self-Service Portal (other users in all departments of the organization). It has enabled our clients/users to monitor the status of their requests and reported incidents without the need to have emails sent back and forth or asking who was working on their issue. The self-service portal is customizable and can easily be branded to be uniform to the organizations needs. We are currently automating a number of forms and processes (like move requests, equipment requests, on- and off-boarding) thru the WorkFlow manager. Next steps will be the integration with JIRA (since the application has a number of integration options with Office Automation, Collaboration Tools, Monitoring Tools and Project Management Tools) and a more intensive use of automation tools (like self-service password unlock and reset).

Pros

-Ticket registration and tracking
-Workflow management
-Self-Service portal
-Reporting and Feed-back/Notification
-ITIL-Compliant
-Flexible and Customizable

Cons

-Workflow Design is powerful but has a learning curve

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and TOPdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

We had ample experience previously with SysAid and when we evaluated the alternatives. We went for the "old trustworthy" but were also surprised that everything we were looking for in the alternatives was in the latest version of the tools we already had so we upgraded to that latest version.
Kleber

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

SysAid a highly recommended option

For me, of all the software I have used, it has been one of the best, it can be generated, managed in a fast and simple way.

Pros

It is one of the most user-friendly tools I know, its performance is optimal and it covers most of our company's needs.

Cons

There is almost nothing much to say about the cons, since there are very few faults or missing elements that can be found, perhaps one of the problems is the remote connection, which is very slow.

Rafael

Reviewed on 12/7/2017

Not so great customer service.

A help desk solution in which none was being used by the companies I worked in.

Pros

The program is cheap. Somewhat easy to setup. Not cluttered like other software I've used in the past.

Cons

I've used this software for over 7 years. Almost every complaint that everyone else has about this software, I've made myself and the #1 complaint is that the company is based in Israel and they are hard to understand / get a hold of / and don't fully understand the real problems until the issue is explained a few times.

I've installed purchased and installed this software in 3 different companies, and the experience was always the same. I then did work for them for a short amount of time. I wanted to bring to them the outside experience being a customer, and all the complaints I kept getting from U.S. customers, and even from other countries. I truly wanted to make this company better. But instead, they started to hire even further away, Romania, will the same comprehension issues. Now that they only 1 rep left for the U.S. and after that, I doubt they will ever hire again in the U.S. because of how different we think about customer service and how expensive we are. So they took one step forward by hiring the first U.S. rep and then myself, to them go two steps backwards by letting me go and hiring in another country for support.

Yes, I did work there and am a former employee, now a customer again. But I was a customer before that, and nothing has changed before I started working there, and nothing will after I am gone. So please do not delete this review and publish for all to see as I wanted nothing for this company to succeed and instead I was shown the door.

Top SysAid Alternatives

Johannes

Reviewed on 6/10/2023

SysAid best ITIL based IT Support tool in the market

We have been using SysAid for almost 5 years now and we have been very happy with the system, support and have commited now to another 3 years to SysAid. We are moving to the cloud version in the next month so we are very excited about this. They are also not standing still on development so we will not get stuck with old outdate technologies.

Pros

Ticket management, reporting and classifications is one of the key features that lead to the decision to make sysaid our long-term partner. The workflow functionality and teams integration is going to change our whole business, so we are very excited to move forward on SysAid Cloud. The customization is also a big plus for us.

Cons

The old-style interface but hat is also a thing of the past now that we are moving into the cloud and there new UX/UI is coming out early next year.

Vision Helpdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Financial and customization was the biggest issues with Helpdesk
Cynthia

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Sys-Aid

Using Sys-Aid has been easy and overall a great experience.

Pros

Sys-Aid was easy to configure and allowed us to customize to exactly what we needed for our Help Desk Tickets. It allows us to track fields, build reports, have built in approval workflows. It helped to reduce manual tracking of approvals for requests.

Cons

Building in some of the New Hire and Separation workflows got a little complicated. Once we upgraded to a newer version, the workflow automation help was much clearer and helped us to get workflows built.

Nejc
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Sysaid review

The UX is not great. Especially on the admin and configuration side. Overall it has all the building blocks needed to bring processes to a higher level

Pros

Many out of the box functionalities and great costumer support

Cons

The UX is not great. Especially on the admin and configuration side.

Redmine and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

No support, difficult to configure, very static program, does not evolve the process

Redmine

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

ITSM management and workflows and great help desk functionalities.
Arun

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

SysAid - The Lion King Of Ticket Managment

Pretty Good with managing and working on tickets. However there can be some improvements in the UI level. Hope you guys work into that. Thanks!

Pros

1. Communication with End Users with Email Integration
2. Ticket management (Ticket routing, Status Updates etc)
3. Ticket Administration (Reports, Surveys etc)

Cons

1. UI is pretty Old
2. There are some issues with the email-sending feature where even an extra comma in the addresses would show the message not sent but still the message will be sent which the sender will be unaware of.
3. List views in SysAid automatically refreshes which makes me lose all the filters which is really frustrating to be honest.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

JIRA is good for managing Sprints but SysAid is quite easy to use and manage the tickets.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

SysAid was a move in the right direction

The overall experience has been great. After using two other ITSMs, SysAid has been the best. Implementation was a little rough but we crammed it all in within a month's time. I wouldn't recommend that. There is also a bit of a learning curve with workflows and other features, but once you get learn it, SysAid is a great ITSM. SysAid is very supportive and always willing to help.

Pros

Ease of use for End Users. Self-Service Portal is easier for end user to navigate. Auto categorization of tickets and workflows.

Cons

Reporting, but improvements are coming next year.
Lack of RRM.

Simon
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

Sysaid ITSM

Excellent from start to finish during implementation.

Pros

It's very easy to setup and getting up and running was quick. The support from Sysaid and the tech enablement sessions were outstanding.

Cons

Nothing stands out. We found everything so good.

Freshservice and HaloPSA

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

We needed more features and better support.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Better value for money for the features packaged.
Guillermo
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

We're loving SysAid

We're loving SysAid. From the first contact we had, all the way to implementation, we had a great experience.

Pros

It checked all the boxes and it was easy to implement. Great support during and after the implementation.

Cons

Modifying the front end is a bit restricted.

Hitesh

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

SYSAID is a great ITSM Tool comparable to any other global tool but really great value for...

We have been using SYSAID since 2012. It was easy to implement and roll out to the business. Today even our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] uses SYSAID to log tickets for issues.

Pros

Ease of use and setup with Asset management/Projects modules which are easy to use

Cons

The reporting tool exports to Excel 2003 format. needs updating to Excel 2016 or higher

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Cumbersome, slow, unusable and not user friendly

BMC Helix ITSM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Cost and as its based out of Europe, No VAT to pay giving a huge cost saving.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

Robust and affordable IT management tool

We also use it for tracking changes, keeping an inventory of our assets, and generating reports. We are now better able to track and manage our assets, as well as identify the type and version of software running on each machine.

Pros

The IT business processes in our company are monitored, measured, and supported by end-users thanks to Sysaid. We needed a solution that provided constant, seamless connectivity across all of our devices.

Cons

It seems like they are halfway done implementing a whole new, cutting-edge UI design, judging by the current state of the user interface. The layout and aesthetic of the many pages varies. The product makes use of three or four distinct styles.

Akosua Tiwaa

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

Sysaid, the Tool to Bridge Customer and Support Gap

Overall, the product is great, aside minor issues, these issues when raised with support, they immediately assist and resolve immediately.

Pros

This is a really easy to use product, easily navigatable and pleasing to the eye interface

Cons

As an administrator, we experience lags that throw our tickets out of order, although set parameters have not been touched or changed

FootPrints and ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

The remedy product no longer served our purpose as a growing business

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

The ease of use, and also the price as well as its ability to meet majority of the company's needs
Jorge

Reviewed on 26/4/2023

Capterra Review

Reports pre buit that help us to generate the different metrics.Easy use for new employees.

Pros

It's easier to use and customize with a good look and feel.

Cons

Only the support in Spanish althoug is not impediment for my case.

InvGate Service Desk and EV Service Manager

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Because HubSpot didn't meet our needs.

HubSpot CRM

Solution complete.
Lori
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Great Help Desk management system

SysAid team is great! they are very responsive and always there to help.

Pros

Ease of use. Workflow capabilities are great. Easy to setup new groups, categories, ect.

Cons

Reporting functions are getting better but still in progress.

InvGate Service Desk

Needed something global

Microsoft SharePoint

People and easier configuration
Joe
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

I love SysAid!!!!!!!!!1

I have now used SysAid at 4 companies. Every company I go to I change out their system to SysAid.

Pros

It has so many features included with the product. It's very easy and intuitive to use. It has all the tech ops tools I need under one roof. We're changing the way our entire business functions with an IT tool.

Cons

Setting up incident management is easy. Finding the capacity to setup all the features and functionality has been a challenge. This isn't a con but more of a frustration for me. It's easy to see everything it can do and use cases. The challenge is putting all the thoughts into logic to make it happen.

Ahsan

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

SysAid

We are using SysAid to manage our day to day incidents and requests. Along with that we have de-commisioned solar winds and intune and only use SysAId as our Asset management.

Pros

We implemented SysAid for our ticket and asset management system. SysAid is nothing but a great system which can improve productivity drastically. The thing I like most about the system is that the varieties in which it could be molded depending on customers needs. I will definitely suggest SysAid.

Cons

I have not come across any cons until now.

SolarWinds Service Desk

Limited functionality.

SolarWinds Service Desk
gregg
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

Easy to Use and Easy to Modify for your needs

HIGHLY recommend it. There is flashier looking packages on the market, that DO NOT perform as well and definitely not for the price. And I feel none hold a candle to the support and effort to be even better DAILY than SYSAID.

Pros

I have been using SYSAID for 15+ years. I find it is very easy to understand and use. It is highly customizable without the need for complex interactions or training from SYSAID. THE SUPPORT from SYSAID is far beyond any other Vendor I have dealt with in 35+ years of IT work.

Cons

Some features advertised fall a little short of what you may expect but always meet what they say..The Ever evolving product sometimes creates an expectation that just doesn't quite reach the level I am expecting

Jon
Jon

Reviewed on 27/1/2016

Exceptional Customer Support & Powerful Service Desk

First off let me start off with saying that we've have had our issues with SysAid over the years but SysAid has improved leaps and bounds since we decided to go with them and I'm glad we stuck with them despite the issues.

We first rolled SysAid out locally and have since migrated to their cloud edition. We utilize almost all of the features offered by SysAid.

****LIKES MOST****
-Features: Incredibly powerful and feature rich service desk. If locally hosted you can control virtually every aspect of the service desk and customize it to your liking. -Customer Support: Amazing customer support and online community. You can tell the team behind SysAid is passionate about their product. -Price: Comparatively speaking SysAid is equal or lower in annual cost to operate (we use the Cloud edition). -Reporting: MUCH improved reporting. -Asset Management: Possibly my favorite feature. SysAid will scan my network and add assets to my service desk. SysAid will alert me when certain events occur with the asset and keep my assets up-to-date.

****LIKES LEAST****
- Lack of integration with third party applications however SysAid is currently working on this. - Ease of use: SysAid is packed full of functionality and it can be a little intimidating or difficult to get setup however the online help and online community make things a much easier. - Lack of high-level, customizable dashboards which are common with other service desks. - Lack of email response integration which is common with other service desks. SysAid does integrate with email servers however for email responses to link to the ticket the message must be generated using the messaging system within the service desk. Communication with the end user via an email client will not tie back to the service desk ticket.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your honest feedback- it's extremely valuable to us. I know that your account manager has since been in touch with you to ensure that you're familiar with all of SysAid's customization options in the cloud- which are identical to those offered in the locally-hosted (on-premise) solution.

You mentioned that you could benefit from a high-level dashboard, so I'm hoping that you've now had a chance to check out SysAid's new BI Analytics module- just released in January 2016. This is an out-of-the-box BI tool powered by Qlik and now built in to SysAid, that will save our customers enormous time and resources on obtaining critical data. Thank you again for all of your comments!

Kim.

Replied 10/2/2016
Mario

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

Why we choose SysAid's Help Desk Software

Great support, they solve very quickly any doubt.

Pros

A very powerfull ticket management tool, is very easy to install it and start using it, you can modify/personalize the flow that the ticket will follow and create different roles for the team members, log the time of the activities and have an insight panel in where you can see a summary of the tickets pending for assignation, closed or being categorized depending of your needs.

Cons

So far I have no complaints, the software does their job

ServiceNow Customer Service Management and Jira

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

That is the software that the users chose
Phil

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Affordable IT management tool for education users

SysAid helps us deliver a support service with ease. The self-service portal really helps provide a central support hub where our end users can request further support or a variety of self-support material which we've pre-populated. Our overall experience both with the software itself and the support from SysAid has been brilliant.

Pros

SysAid is so easy to setup and, right out of the box, guides you through an easy installation process (we use the on-prem version) Our end users interact positively with a well designed web GUI and local system agent. The green desktop icon is our 'go to' for support and certainly plays a big part in our support service offering.

Cons

Minor things really, we've used this software for a while now and grown as a support service with it. With regard to upgrade paths, we'd like to see a single 'rollup' upgrade rather than incremental patches as this would help to reduce our downtime. Some further customizations (branding) to the GUI would also be great, different themes for instance.

Ken

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

Sysaid is a good Service Desk ticketing System. Although it misses a good user interface.

Pros

Good ticketting system with Incidents, Request, change and problem Classification
Workflow templates.

Cons

Complex.
Poor end user portal for KB and Service Request follow up.
Poor search functionality.
Old UI with old text editors. Does not evolve with contemporary new media needs.
Not implementable as a cross business Service Record tool. Only usable by ICT departement. Too complex to implement over different departments like Facilities, HR, QESH, Fleet.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hey Ken, many thanks for sharing your positive thoughts on our workflow templates and ticketing/incident systems. And thank you as well for the constructive feedback about our interface.
In our Summer 17 edition, we launched our new & improved Self-Service Portal, including a modern HTML5-based interface, together with advanced search capabilities and the option to customize brand with no coding skills required. This self-service portal also simplifies the ability to implement over different departments and we're in the process of upgrading the user interface of admins as well. We will continue to make more improvements so stay tuned and thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Replied 6/11/2017
Nick

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Great software and great service

Fantastic, easy from 1st quote to implementation.

Pros

Out of the box features are excellent and the system is very easy to configure.

Cons

Some of the features are clearly still a work in progress but rate of development seems good.

BMC Helix ITSM

Reasons for Choosing SysAid

Remedy was to rigid and to expensive.

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

More closely meet our requirements.
Ryan

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Great value for robust Help Desk software

Prior software (SchoolDude) was not made for IT Help Desk and was not user-friendly for any users. SysAid was about the same price and is IT-specific tool. Easy implementation and on-boarding of new product was nice.

Pros

Ease of implementation and ease of use for our End Users. LDAP integration was a plus; and reporting features are robust.

Cons

Occasional issues with the hosted environment and not always the clearest communication regarding causes of downtime or ETA to be up.

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk and Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to SysAid

Primarily cost and ease of implementation.
Sylvester
Sylvester
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

SysAid Helpdesk Tool

SysAid has helped in automation of processes, especially the IT helpdesk. Top benefit is in the area of support ticket management.

Pros

The features most impactful are the Incident management, Request management, and Problem management. I am able to create workflows and automate several other departmental workflows such that paper works are drastically reduced. Product is easy to use. And integration with my existing business process was seamless.

Cons

Creation of custom fields does not allow you to create a label for read only. All fields require updates!