WordPress Reviews

About WordPress

WordPress is an open-source, cloud-based content management system based on PHP and MySQL that helps small to large businesses create, manage and publish content for websites. The customizable solution allows enterprises to use...

4.2
4.1

Browse WordPress Reviews

14,838 of 14,838 reviews
Justin
Justin

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

There is a reason it is the most commonly used

I've been on teams that have built and managed sites doing tens of millions of visits a month on heavily customized instances of WordPress, all the way down to personal pet projects that get single digit visits a month. It's the only CMS I consistently recommend.

Pros

The ecosystem built around WordPress is second to none. Every front end developer is familiar with WordPress. There are multiple plugin options for just about anything you could ever want to do. Most importantly, it's open source and therefore free. Some people are deterred by open source, but WordPress powers a third of the Internet, it isn't going anywhere.

Cons

It can be a bit of a pain in the butt to do certain things. For example, if you want to use it as a CMS for a larger site and not just a blog, the out of the box configuration needs customization.

Also, they recently switched to a fundamentally new way of doing things "Gutenberg" and it is not without its warts. Over time this will improve.

Drupal

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Hubspot's proprietary CMS was too expensive to maintain and we didn't get anything out of it.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

The community around WordPress was better.
Andrés
Andrés

Reviewed on 21/6/2023

Empowering and versatile plattform for entrepreneurs

My experience has been positive. As someone who values both functionality and aesthetics in a website, this is my go-to plattform.

Pros

+ User friendly interface+ SEO: it prioritizes search engine optimization+ Active community and support

Cons

+ Regular updates and maintenance: it is common to have some breaks on your websites+ Learning curve for advanced customization

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wordpress has more credibility and integration with other apps
Lea
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 6/4/2024

Quality worth the expense

My experience has been positive, I will stay with WordPress.

Pros

Customizable and generally easy to use.

Cons

There is a learning curve to WordPress. You have to be ready to study if you use WordPress.

Top WordPress Alternatives

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

Wordpress as a Designer/user

It was neutral to positive experience for me using wordpress. Since I have an engineering and programming background I was able to do quite a bit in a short amount of time. It is a great platform to use for someone who is looking to just have a simple website with basic information and nothing complex. I think it is very intuitive and useful for bloggers.

Pros

I used this software to build a website for a Non-Profit foundation for some fundraising events. I got an account with Bluehost server and wordpress was included in it. For someone who has never built a website before, wordpress did make my life very very easy. It has numerous features that can definitely help a novice like me get a basic website up and running. I enjoyed the following things while using this
- Themes
It comes with some basic theme templates which can be used to build the website. Just fill in some information that relates to your website and it will populate it. Think of it as a powerpoint template with boxes and design
- Easy to upload pictures
I was able to create folders and stores pictures on there and name them accordingly so I can go back and use them on different pages.
- Widgets and Plugins
The main attraction for this software platform I believe is their built in widgets and plugins. You can download from so many options. It is kind of like exploring the app store on your phone. Since it is an open source lot of users create their own widgets and plugins which are either free or you can purchase it. Needless to say purchased ones are much better but I got by with all free ones.
- Edit code
yes if you are a very savvy css html developer and you understand the code, you can go in and change their code and make adjustments.
Warning: Don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing

Cons

The cons that i noticed in my website after it went live was
- Speed
The website was just slow. I am not sure if it is because of the widgets and plugins running on wordpress but I hated the speed.
- Updates could ruin website
Their themes get constantly updated so if you do not update it properly or if the new build released has a bug on it, it could mess up certain things on your website. This happened to many times where the plugins that worked fine on the older build wouldn't work the same on the new.
- Time consuming for beginners
Yeah it's not as simple as I was expecting it to be. I did spend quite an amount of time understanding the features and how to make best use of them. It was a lot of trial and error so be ready to put in some work at least.

Mokwena Macdee

Reviewed on 30/1/2024

The best Wysywig editor

Since around 2016, it's been good. I don't like that it has been moved to jetpack recently.

Pros

Simplest and cost effective way for us to have and update our websites and blogs

Cons

Not very flexible. Websites look similar.

Mike

Reviewed on 5/4/2024

Easily setup and manage your website

Pros

It's a very robust platform with many years backing up its technology. For everyone seeking to create a nice looking website quite easily, it's definitely worth your time to learn how to use WordPress.

There are tons of plugins that help you easily setup different parts of your website with just a few clicks.

Cons

Not as easy as some of its competitors, especially if you're looking into a very basic website without future content management etc.

Teri

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

Long time Wordpress User

I have used Wordpress for over 10 years. It has facilitated me building over 150 websites over the years and had got better and better over the years. With the right theme and plugins the options are endless.

Pros

There are plugins for almost everything, the best ones are paid ones but sometimes you can find a free one that does the job. The fact that it is largely open source means that it moves with the community using it and gets upgraded and checked more than most. Once you know how to use it it is fully customiseable, the options are endless and its easy to deploy and give your users access to it with some training.

Cons

The back end interface can be tricky to teach others how to use. Sometimes solutions that you'd think would be buyilt into the core arent and you have to find a plugin to do it. free plugins arent always as secure as they could be and support can be dropped so i always end up going with Paid options from bigger companies.

Janet

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

Quantum leap

Pros

The evolution of Blocks format has brought WordPress up to the expectations set out early in my experience: great looking websites with ease of use. The functionality is there without need to purchase templates for a non-coder (though basic coding skill is very helpful).

Cons

Early in my use of WordPress, training was very piecemeal, and I missed some important factors that would have prevented security problems.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Wordpress is the best platform for startups

Houston Web design - Jeremy McGilvrey have more then 1000+ happy customers and all are using wordpress

Pros

We are Huston Web Design- Jeremy McGilvrey and we recommend wordpress to all our new users. Its is easy and best for all new users.

Cons

Plugins - We have to install plugins for all functions like SEO, security, speed, location etc. It makes website's speed littlebit slow.

Mike

Reviewed on 31/3/2024

The easiest way to setup your site

Pros

The intuitive interface and ease of use make it simple to setup websites in minutes

Cons

Does need troubleshooting between plugins occasionally with conflicts

• Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Need a Website? WordPress is the One for You!

WordPress's freely available website builder has allowed us to create a feature-filled website to which we can add, remove, or change information at a whim through quick access via computer or mobile to the website administration portal. Users can manage or post using both the web interface and the mobile app, which was incredibly useful to us. It has helped us achieve an online presence at a fraction of the cost compared to other platforms.

Pros

WordPress itself is offered for free as an open source tool (although they do also sell hosting plans and domain names if required). Its website administration portal is very easy to navigate and contains a wealth of help and support information in case you get stuck. There is a large collection of free website layout templates available that can be customised to your liking, as well as a large stock of free user-created plugins in order to add additional functionality to your website (for instance adding custom maintenance pages or contact forms). You can use the WordPress mobile app to manage your website, view visitor statistics, and post to your website.

Cons

Although WordPress itself is freely available to create websites with as an open source tool, they do also sell website hosting plans and domain names on their website; their pricing however is not as competitive compared to other website hosting companies such as GoDaddy or Wix. Recent updates to WordPress include a new post editing interface called 'Gutenberg', which is a radical redesign that may not sit well with those who have experience with and are used to the traditional editing interface of previous versions. Website layouts are somewhat basic using stock design layouts, this can be improved upon by purchasing layout modifying plugins.

Wix, Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

We ultimately went with WordPress as using the free website builder and sourcing cheap website hosting ourselves came out as the cheaper option for us. In addition to this, it was easy to integrate our CRM systems with WordPress due to the abundance of plugins available.
Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Very WordIMPRESSED..... horid cringe worthy pun for some Seriously Amazing Software!

I am using wordpress to create secure websites for a global audience for a non-profit organization I am hoping to launch within the following month or two. Being non profit, It is imperative that I keep costs as low as possible while ensuring the quality is as good as can bee.

Pros

There are just so many options. If you know how to code and love those 0's and 1's then maybe something else might be better, but for lame layman like myself that is teaching himself how to webdesign, Wordpress platform has been a godsend. There truly seems to be an infinite number of plugins and themes available, and as it is open source there is little chance developers will be slowing down the momentum in releasing more.

Cons

I think the only frustration was there being too many choices, which is not really the fault of the platform. I spent more time trying to ensure that I was purchasing the best possible addons, plugins, themes and hosting sites for wordpress specific pages and ended up with a library full of plugins ill never use.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wordpress is easy enough to learn for anyone with basic computer skills and the ability to use google search and youtube. There are as many tutorials on how to use wordpress as their are applications for its use. Others appeared too simple and I wanted to future proof my website pages. Wix, which I checked out, mentioned something along the lines of how to convert your wix page to wordpress, and to me I figured why wait to need to do that, I will just start with wordpress rather than have to move to it later.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

The Essential Web Platform for Flexibility and Depth

WordPress is terrific. It gives us a platform where we can combine plugins and themes that speed up or automatically accomplish many otherwise-tedious tasks, but gives us options through plugins or back-end editing to add whatever functionality or customization we need. It is an exceptionally powerful open-source platform. Our only complaint is that the wide variety of options sometimes means that even simple tasks require a tremendous amount of involvement and decision-making. But these are few and far between.

Pros

WordPress offers unmatched depth of customization
WordPress also offers a wide variety of attractive prebuilt themes, templates and simple front-end builders
The documentation and support is freely available and extremely helpful
The plugin store includes helpful information about each plugin to assist users in making choices about modifying their website

Cons

With great customization comes density of options—some tasks are excessively complex to achieve
Some utility tasks are offloaded to plugins, which necessitates a never-ending search for the right plugin to accomplish a basic task

Wix and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

WordPress offered ease of use and a wide range of more powerful features.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

We chose WordPress because we valued the open-source design, and the depth of customization.
Karmon
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Wordpress ease of use, highly functional, great software!

As an influencer and artisan I needed something with the best ease of use to deliver my content easily and quickly and this is the best in my opinion. Everytime I use this product I find something new I can do with it! 5 stars

Pros

Wordpress has been a go to source for me, mainly for my blog but there is so much you can do ! The templates are amazing and just like all of wordpress very user friendly you dont have to know how to code to use wordpress. Visually pleasing and so many plug ins to take your blog or online shop, real estate listing site or forum or heck even a scheduling plug in, so many additional things you can add or use to make using wordpress an amazing experience! Ilove the fact that also if you have your own website you can manage and moderate all your content or if you have more than one blog mange those from a dashboard all on one spot! The analytics are all right there also and being able to breakdown site traffic etc is a must. This is a must have and if you research even more you'll see all the amazing ways you to can use this little gem!

Cons

I'm gonna have to stretch on this one as I dont really have alot of complaints so if I had to list any would be making sure to look for updates and that us a stretch lol I love wordpress!

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

In the end as I have other choices I've signed up for and purchased it was the one I kept coming back to. Its ease of use and all additional plug ins etc won me over.
Simone

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Best choice for a Content Management System nowadays

If used properly, as a classic CMS able to handle "classic" websites, news websites, simple ecommerce websites, Wordpress is the right choice. When things get harder, you would probably prefer to switch to other solutions.

Pros

Wordpress is broadly used. A massive amount of websites nowadays are based on Wordpress platform. This means you will always find someone able to use its CMS, develop new features for a WP based website, assess issues, etc. This is not true for any other available CMS.
The availability of a massive amount of plugins, and the ability to write your own pretty easily is a plus.

Cons

You can't rely solely on Wordpress for complex web projects. Trying to fit a complex web project in a Wordpress platform just because you want to use WP is a very bad choice (and unfortunately it happens quite often).
Documentation for developers is not always super clear.

Drupal

Ease of use, availability of technical resources

Drupal and Joomla

Ease of use, availability of technical resources
Declan
Declan
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Wordpress is still the best blogging platform

I run all my sites on Wordpress, ones generating millions of visitors a month to ones with much smaller niche audiences. As long as you don't try to over customize it, meaning having a developer do all these things you think are cool but break Wordpress with updates, it's powerful. Working within what Wordpress offers, and focusing less on technical breakthroughs and more on content and development, I love Wordpress because it's easy to use, affordable, and I can find people to help me easily because tons of smart developers, designers, and writers use Wordpress daily.

Pros

Wordpress as a blogging platform still outperforms all the others. Yes you can get easy tools like Squarespace and Wix, but they all limit you to ultimately what you want to do, grow. With Wordpress you can start small, grow it gradually, and add everything you need to run a thriving business online, while controlling it all and owning it. I also like the fact that I can find good Wordpress developers and plugins because it is so widely used, making it convenient to get help and not get stuck with a platform that lets you publish and does little else. Sure you need to learn a few things, but ultimately Wordpress is a great value.

Cons

For some it's a bit more technical, requiring a bit of knowledge how it works. The endless updates of plugins and Wordpress itself are challenging to some, but this is a minor problem as long as you know not to use too many plugins and try to overdesign. So if you are not a disciplined user and try to throw all sorts of things around without thinking it through, go to a platform that limits your ability to do that. Wordpress can drive you crazy with its changes, but those changes are indicative across the digital world, and once you basically work it and treat it like a business instead of a hobby, there's no better platform to use.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Easy to use, getting tougher for developers

Overall, it’s easy for even a novice to use.

It is one of the most widely used platforms so it also leaves WP sites more vulnerable to hacking attempts - I highly recommend anyone who isn’t a developer to have a maintenance plan with someone who can secure and monitor a WP site regularly to avoid data loss or other malicious intrusions.

The more you use it, the easier it becomes to work with. It’s generally my go-to when creating custom websites for people who need a CMS but as stated above, I’ll be monitoring things closely to see how the new features affect the current development standards and methods.

Pros

I love the interface and simplicity of working on the back end. It’s intuitive for the most part and without having to look things up, a user can generally figure out the basics. Developing for custom WP sites has been great as there is a huge WP dev community and a lot of help and support to be found around the web (or courses).

It is free to use especially if self hosted and there are a million ways to customize a sote to be more unique from the standard templates (mostly geared towards developers).

Cons

The most recent changes including the customizer & Gutenberg (releasing soon) are becoming a huge roadblock for many developers. There are ways around them which include disabling them via code or plugin but the way things are going, it will be harder to ensure these features won’t interfere with custom WP developers.

The customizer is versatile but I find it sometimes interferes with the way a custom coded site works and can cause issues with intended styling and functionality.

Gutenberg is still new so it remains to be seen just how much interference there will be once it’s part of the core framework, especially on sites developed before this release.

• Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Versatile to the MAX

I've been with WP since the very beginning! A few self-hosted sites but mostly just the .com version. So I remember a few features or procedures that they've phased out. Not happy about losing those. Overall, it's a very solid site with better-than-anything customer care. Lots of possibilities and lots of support. If you aren't too finicky about the specifics of an idea and want something that "just works," WP is great. If you have a specific idea or feature in mind--for example, I got obsessed with the "adding unlimited blogs" feature in another website-builder--then yes there are work-arounds, but NO they won't be exactly the same as the one you're (ok, I'M!) obsessed with.

Pros

Whether you get 1) the "regular" wordpress, aka wordpress.com, aka the one that's not too different from the other website solutions out there, or 2) wordpress .org, aka the "self-hosted" and "you'd better know what you're doing, or have someone on your team who does" version, WORDPRESS is AWESOME. The possibilities are limitless, almost--as long as you or SOMEONE in your reach does, in fact, know what s/he's doing. So I like that bit. I also like the fact that there are so many out-of-the-gate options (themes, features, add-ins) at the ready. The free plan is very generous, and the pricier options give you, erm, lots of options.

Cons

Despite all the possibilities of theme and feature that I just crowed about, even wordpress.com (the not-self-hosted option) can be daunting to a beginning builder-of-a-website. For example, many of the themes by WP and by third parties look GREAT in the theme-chooser-thing, but have little-to-no documentation ("readily" available) for things that might seem standard or obvious to many, ie recommended banner dimensions for a theme. What I mean by this is that making MY page identical to the one shown in the theme-chooser (ie making mine a carbon copy of the example EXCEPT that it's my info and/or graphics, ie "trying to make mine look as good as the one in the store window") is really, REALLY difficult. There's a TON to figure out, and the themes offering the keys to their "secret sauce" are very few and far-between. This might seem trivial to some, but I'm a theme-addict. I've literally created businesses because I was in love with a business card idea, or an ad concept, or... a website theme. And while I've been able to make things work, it took way longer than I would have wanted it to. (That said, I'm a photographer, and one pixel off of my expectation is a soul-crushing experience, aka "most people aren't this persnickety about appearance."

• Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Why I think everyone should be using WordPress

For any any start up I would recommend using WordPress its easy to use and it grows with you.

Pros

WordPress is 100% free!!!!!!

I have been using WordPress for years ( i.e WordPress.com and WordPress.org) back when I was junior systems administrator and now that I'm self employed, and I will tell you its ridiculously easy to use.

You don't need any specialized web development or programming skills to use it. Everything is almost plug and play. In fact if you can turn on a computer, If you and read and if you can click with a mouse, you can use WordPress. Its that simple and easy to use.

WordPress is the platform most commerce sites/blogs are built on consequently when it comes to apps and support there is no lack of finding any.

Even thought I said WordPress is free and it is. There are some cost associated with using the service or application. The cloud or online based service allows you to host you WordPress site for free or use one of their other offering for a fee. However there is the free application and easily downloadable software, for which the only cost associated is hosting and maybe the design of a theme if you don't want to use any of the free ones available all over the Internet.

It doesn't matter what you need a site for whether blogging, personal or ecommerce, WordPress can do it.

Your WordPress site will always look the same. It doesn't matter what operating system it being hosted or viewed from, whether its a mobile device or desktop, Its going to be the same and legibly too.

Cons

The choices of themes and plugins can be very overwhelming especially to a newbie.

The free cloud based version is limited re the use of plugins but you a good cadre of free plugins from Jetpack

Sacha

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Professional websites for (almost) every need

Adopting Wordpress as a solution for your customers that need a website, is a mandatory choice: setting up the environment is a matter of minutes, the server requirements are common and available on almost any web hosting service, the community behind Wordpress is really huge and, with standard design and programming skills, you can really pack wonderful products.
The core of Wordpress (the starting package) has a lot, but the full power of the framework is unleashed thanks to the plugin architecture and the template system (themes).
Plugins add almost any kind of functionality: from social media needs to showcases and e-commerce; from impressive sliders to portfolios and newsletters.
Themes (the template system) allow you to design truly effective communication: modern themes are designed to allow users to craft their website with an incredible detail, providing end users with the most beautiful experience. As of today, you can install a theme and setup any kind of template, for any section of your website. Not only: Wordpress is greatly devoted to web standards and trends and it looks perfect on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.
We jumped on Wordpress since the first version, back in 2003. Since then, while implementing other solutions for huge online stores, we could provide a solution for small and medium enterprises at an incredibly affordable price. And this is really a great advantage: everyone can get a professional and effective product. Thumbs up!

Pros

Server requirements are minimal and available at a small price from any web hosting service.
Plugins architecture allow you to add almost any functionality to the website and easily write one, if you need a specific tool.
Template system - the so called "themes" - allow you to craft incredibly beautiful and responsive - looking perfect on any device - design.
A huge community of developers makes sure you can solve problems fast.
Websites can be up and running in almost no time. And can be updated and maintained by any designer/programmer, thanks to its architecture and ease of use.
Your customers can update the website easily, with an intuitive and easy to use backend.
Last but not least - at all! - as a developer and designer you can provide great products that are absolutely cost-effective.

Cons

If you have to run a complex online store, with a lot of products and categories, thousands of visitors and specific e-commerce needs, Wordpress might not be the perfect choice. But if you provide solutions for personal, small and medium businesses, this won't be a problem at all.

Ethan
Ethan

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

Wordpress can do just about everything you could ever want a content manager to do!

I have created many websites for my self and clients with WordPress. Its great for getting potential clients to take the plunge into conducting business online who have no idea how to get started or any experience with internet marketing. Being able to assure a potential client that they will be able to easily update their websites with little to no assistance beyond creating the original site setup. People love the simplicity of it all and that helps me sell more often and more successfully to people who fear the complexity of online marketing but want to try it out.

Pros

I love that you can use WordPress to accomplish almost anything related to building a website. Word press is a program that can out of the box build a fully function website or be modified to accomplish most tasks you normally have to spend time writing line after line of code. Its great having a program the you can acquire and use for free or nearly free that can do so much. Once you setup how you want WordPress to display your website you can easily create new content for your website with no more than few clicks. You can rearrange elements on your website with something as simple as drag and dropping if you want to. WordPress takes what would be hours of coding and cuts it down to minutes, but what really makes WordPress stand out is how easy it is to add functionality with plugins. It is so simple that to add a plugin you merely have to go to the plugin section that you can find right on the dashboard main screen and type what ever you are looking for into a search bar and then its as simple as picking what plugin bets meets your needs and there are literally 1000s plugins that you can choose from for any given need you my find your self wanting fulfilled.

Cons

I am freelance Web Developer and from my perspective WordPress is probably the most changeable and easy to personalize program available for free that is easy to learn how to use, but if I had to say something negative the only thing I can say really is that on its own it can feel limited but like I said before. You can easily change how WordPress works by customizing with plugins that you can install will no more than a few clicks a little time spend familiarizing your self with how the plugin works. So even though WordPress may be limited to start with you can easily fix that by spend a few minutes adding the plugins you need.

Avash
Avash

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

Best Choice for Almost Every Website

I started working with WordPress about 4 years ago and I am still working with it. WordPress is very flexible and you can create 'almost every' kind of website with it.

As a WordPress Freelancer, I have created blogs, e-commerce stores, static business sites, and many more for my clients and both me and my clients love WordPress. It's really easy to work with - even non-technical persons can operate it and customize it. I have almost no complaints with WordPress.

Pros

Most people are afraid of creating a website because it's hard and expensive. And that's where WordPress comes in - with WordPress we can create a great website easily at low cost. It's very easy to create a great looking and functioning site as WordPress has thousands of plugins and themes available online.

Since WordPress is Open Source- we get the power of thousands of developers around the world. This is what I like the most about WordPress.

For example - If we build a custom website and there's a security issue, we have to pay a good sum of money to security engineers to fix the issue.

But if WordPress has security issue - developers around the world work together to fix the issue and we don't have to pay for it. I absolutely love this.

Cons

While creating a website in WordPress is a fast process - WordPress sites are generally slower.

WordPress has many features - and you probably don't need all of them. This becomes critical when you start using site builders, page builders, plugins etc - most of them have more features than what you probably need and they bloat your site.

Due to this - site slows down even more.

But with proper optimization - WordPress can run blazingly fast. I have seen many WordPress sites which load in a fraction of second and many WordPress sites which take tens of seconds to load.

Souhil
Souhil

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

Most popular way to build your website or blog

It helped me a lot when I start creating my own online store and I saved a lot of time and money using WordPress.

and after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Pros

I like it because it allows me to build a website for free and yes it's 100% free, unlike other website builders in the market.

It's effortless to use, and the user interface is amicable and easy to use without any web designing or coding background also, It's open-source.

WordPress themes are amazing because they are very flexible and I can add or remove anything with just simple clicks.

I start using WordPress to build my online store a few years ago, and I didn't have any knowledge on how to use it but, with simple research on the internet I found a step by step guide and I build my online store in a few days without any problems, and I was amazed how everything works and how fast the website load.

with time I found WordPress offers a lot of plugins and one of them was Woocommerce and I start using it with WordPress and I was very happy with the final results because I had everything I wanted in my website (online store).

I like how I'm allowed to customize everything and how I have complete control of my website.

also, I like the idea of how I can move my Website to any hosting company or change the domain name without any problem.

I like the integrations available on WordPress especially for the payment options, Email marketing tools, SEO tools...etc.

Cons

If you have full control this means you are responsible for the security of your own website, installing updates, saving backups, and this for some people will be very hard to manage.

It takes some time to build your own website because WordPress doesn't come with a drag and drop option like some other website builders.

but, after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Reviewed on 30/1/2023

WordPress from a Business User Perspective

Overall, using WordPress has been a highly positive experience and for a business looking to build and manage a website the platform offers a user-friendly interface, customizable themes and plugins, and a large community of users and developers that can provide support and resources.WordPress is open-source software, which means it is free to use. This is a cost-effective option compared to other website building platforms, especially for a small business.

Pros

Customizability: The platform offers a wide range of customization options, including flexible themes and plugins that allow you to create a unique, professional-looking website without needing to know how to code.Ease of Use: WordPress is known for its ease of use, making it accessible for users with varying levels of technical expertise. This means that even non-technical users can create and manage their website with ease.Search Engine Optimization: WordPress is optimized for search engines, making it easier for your website to rank well in search results and drive traffic to your site.Cost-Effective: WordPress is open-source software, which means it is free to use. This can be a cost-effective option compared to other website building platforms, especially for small businesses.Large Community: WordPress has a large community of users and developers who are eager to help and share their knowledge. This makes it easy to find support and resources when you need them.Overall, WordPress offers a user-friendly, customizable, and cost-effective platform for businesses looking to build and manage a website, and easily integrates with existing sytems

Cons

Security: If not properly maintained, WordPress can have security vulnerabilities. Business users need to be proactive in keeping their site up-to-date and secure to prevent hacking or other security issuesMaintenance: WordPress requires regular updates and maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Business users need to allocate time and resources to maintain their site and keep it running efficiently.These cons are generally minor and can be addressed with proper planning and management. Overall, WordPress is still a strong choice for businesses looking to build and manage a website.

Abdirizak

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

The Light of my life

i have an experience of 5+ years

Pros

WordPress, the renowned content management system (CMS), has undoubtedly become the guiding light in the world of web design and development. As a co-founder of a design company, I can confidently say that WordPress has transformed my professional life, propelling our company to new heights. Its versatility, user-friendliness, and extensive customization options have made it an invaluable tool that illuminates the path to success for designers and developers.Versatility and Adaptability:One of the most remarkable aspects of WordPress is its versatility. Whether you're building a simple blog or a complex e-commerce website, WordPress provides a solid foundation to bring your ideas to life. Its extensive library of themes and plugins offers endless possibilities for customization, allowing designers to create unique and tailored websites for their clients. WordPress empowers us to adapt to various project requirements, ensuring that each website we deliver meets the specific needs and goals of our clients.User-Friendliness and Intuitive Interface:WordPress is renowned for its user-friendly interface, making it accessible to both seasoned professionals and newcomers to web design. The intuitive dashboard and streamlined editing process enable us to efficiently manage and update websites, saving time and effort. This user-friendly approach also extends to our clients, as they can easily navigate and update their websites without technical expertise. The learning curve is mi

Cons

Complexity for Beginners: Despite its user-friendly interface, WordPress can still be overwhelming for individuals who are new to web design or development. The abundance of options, settings, and features may take time to fully understand and navigate, leading to a steeper learning curve for beginners.Security Vulnerabilities: Due to its popularity and wide usage, WordPress can be a target for malicious attacks. Although the WordPress core team constantly works to address security issues and release updates, it is essential to implement additional security measures and stay vigilant to protect your website from potential threats.Plugin and Theme Compatibility: With thousands of plugins and themes available in the WordPress ecosystem, compatibility issues can arise. Sometimes, certain plugins or themes may not work well together or may conflict with the latest version of WordPress, requiring troubleshooting or finding alternative solutions.Performance and Speed Optimization: While WordPress itself is well-optimized, the performance of a website ultimately depends on various factors, such as the hosting environment, the choice of plugins and themes, and the overall website configuration. It is crucial to invest time in optimizing your website's performance to ensure fast loading times and smooth user experience.Overreliance on Plugins: While plugins provide extended functionality, relying heavily on them can sometimes lead to bloated code, slower loading times, and pot