About Tripleseat

Tripleseat is a web application specifically designed for hotels, restaurants, and special venues to help manage sales and events. These tools help users oversee the catering business planning process by allowing detailed...

4.7

Browse Tripleseat Reviews

Laura

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Best event planning software on the market

Everything from being more organized, more efficient, client management, lead management to cost and financial analysis.

Pros

What is not to love? It has every feature and function that I need to keep me organized. We have over 200 weddings and events per year in a multi-million dollar waterfront restaurant, and Tripleseat is basically my right arm. I use it for everything from its calendar, creating BEOs and contracts for the clients, food and beverage cost management, etc. I also have demo'd similar products and have chosen to stay with Tripleseat because they have everything I need, and even things I didn't know I needed!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to list here - anytime I have needed something, I just talk to their customer service team and they explain where it is, or add it for me. For instance, I wanted better reporting on lead sources and where the business was coming from, and they added a custom report for me the next day!

Courtney

Best Catering Booking Software

Always great. The customer service if I ever have a question or issue that needs sorting is quick and helpful. I use this software daily and I love using it. It makes my job and my day more efficient.

Pros

Ease of use. I can easily train other employees quickly on how to book orders. I love the customization and ease of adding new menu items. The reporting is excellent for keeping track of sales and other marking tools.

Cons

I wish that it had the ability to auto populate a packing slip for the kitchen. I.e. when fajitas are ordered for 10, it would populate on the kitchen sheet the exact amount of food by oz or quarts the kitchen would need to prepare.

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

When we met with the sales representative, we felt like it was the perfect fit for our small company. It had everything we needed to book, keep track of sales and scheduling for in the restaurant as well as our off site catering, and the tools to easily communicate easily with customers.
Bridget

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

We really wanted this to work...

I don't recommend this product if you're a large company or if you do any business at off-site venues.

Pros

Our clients love how professional Gather looks. We get a lot of compliments, from clients, on how easy it is to use.

Cons

Unfortunately there are just so many issues... We're an off site catering company and it appears that this product is more of an "in-house" program for on site/private dining... They knew this when they sold us the program and should have realized they were not for us...

Most important was the fact that our invoices weren't adding up correctly; had we not manually added them up we would be out of thousands of dollars. There is no where for our clients to confirm their contact info (phone, address), not efficient when booking a high volume of events. The zip codes for our clients, on the BEOs, default to our zip code; so we have to go in and manually write the client's zip code on every BEO so that our delivery drivers don't get lost.... We've spoken to them several times and yet no one can seem to correct a zip code. There is no way to enlarge the font, when doing several events it's hard for kitchen staff to see the menus.

The support team is very polite but can't ever really answer a question. They respond with "we'll mention this at our next meeting"...

Top Tripleseat Alternatives

Heather

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Review of Gather software.

Being able to check in on other/all locations
Speed of producing proposals to send to clients.

Pros

Use of templates and ease of data transferring within system, reports, etc.
Customer service is on point!
'live' edits

Cons

Not being able to change titles of some items.
Being more in line for full service and not catering how we do.
Not being able to save locations for deliveries with notes.
Having to export items to excel to get reports
Not having a 'product mix' report of menu items

Liz

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Gather rocks!

Gather has so many benefits for the guests, myself, and my team. The real-time updating while the guest refreshes the page is the best. My guests LOVE the confetti when they approve BEOs on Gather.

Pros

I love using Gather for the ease of everything from creating contacts to confirming final guest counts.

Cons

My only complaint about Gather is the inevitable few and far between glitches with occasional product updates. The issues are always resolved quickly, and the customer service is top-notch!

Jessica

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Best Planning Software Available!

From customer service and support to the software use and setup, Tripleseat has changed or lives at work for the better!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the time it has saved me! More time, more events, more money!

Cons

There is not one thing I don't like...honestly!

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

The functionality of the software for our everyday event planning needs. Everything we did for an event (contracts, budget planning, internal and external communication, etc.) was in one place!
Wendy

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Progressive, adaptable & professional

I am delighted with this progressive, forward moving company.

Pros

The Event Portal is so easy use and customize. Clients are always impressed by the professional, easy to read format and the Gather support team is always on their A game!

Cons

I work mainly with the desktop version so if I had to say there was a con, it’d be with the limitations of the mobile app.

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

Ease of use and ability to customize based on our brand.
Joe
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Great Support - Can Solve about any problem if you think flexible

Took me awhile to get everyone on-board with it, and get people away from the idea of emailing a scanned, handwritten document.
But once people started seeing the magic it took off quick.

Pros

The calendar, daily updates, and ability to customize anything is amazing.

Cons

It's a lot of work to get all your documents set up just the way you want them. But once you figure it out it goes quickly. The support team is fast and can solve any problem. Sometimes they'll do the work for you.

Wish it handled vendors better and had a way to schedule musical acts within an event. You can make it work, but it's clunky.

ScheduFlow

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

The support staff and the ability to customize every little detail.
Casey

Gather is Great!!

I would rate a 10/10, really the best booking system I have used.

Pros

This software is super user-friendly and is quick and easy for booking events from beginning to finish in one sitting.

Cons

When doing updates it does tend to time out and freeze but Gather reps always send out emails explaining what is going on which is always a great communicator!

Mary

Tripleseat Review

It's been a very easy process. Customer support is always super helpful.

Pros

It's both dynamic and user-friendly. I love all the options.

Cons

I'd love a phone friendly, downloadable app.

Tabitha

Reviewed on 12/9/2017

Gather has made my proposal writing 100% better than when I had to write them manually using...

Quick & easy creation of bookings. Fast reaction updates with existing bookings. Immediate updates across the entire booking and all of its documents. Superior customer service.

Pros

We are a restaurant with a huge catering business and this software was designed for an on site caterer with event rooms versus everything being off site like our business model. I am looking forward to the modifications in the future that close the gap on the two concepts better. It has made proposal writing a dream! I love that everything is live across the entire booking with a click of the mouse. The customer service is unbelievable! Everyone is always so pleasant & receptive with all of my questions, comments, concerns & suggestions. The mobile app is great and we want to use it more but the team communication alert email doesn't function on mobile which renders it useless to our team. The reporting seems to constantly improving but we can not connect it to our system so we do not currently use it but I look forward to a day when we can. I absolutely love all of the filtering throughout the entire program and how there are multiple ways to find a previous booking. The calendar is my favorite view and I am looking forward to beginning to use the task function shortly. I have created many many menu templates which is superb but would like to copy one from an actual booking as well. Overall, I completely understand that this is meant for more formal venue catering so I am just grateful that I am able to utilize it at the level that I can for corporate/off site catering. It is so quick & easy and I just cant believe how effective it is to update for a client. Great job!

Cons

The biggest issue with Gather for us is that it does not report to our inventory/reporting system. We have to manually ring everything into our Revel POS system in order to capture an accurate product mix. Basically this means that this software is really only for me to create the proposal and our comptroller must recreate everything in another program. Huge waste of time but a necessary evil for me to have this valuable tool to do my job. I wish that there were more templates for multiple sections including but not limited to the notes sections. I find myself copy & pasting my own words dozens of times a day. I would like to see the lead be able to be customized because I have to ask a set series of additional questions before I may even begin a proposal. It would be really helpful to copy & paste emails into the message section to be able to assure an accurate add. I think that it is important to add a confirmation to the client that their CC info has been added correctly. I get MULTIPLE emails a week asking if we are all set since they do not get a confirmation. Please finalize the condensed versions that you have been toying with. Please go back to the notification to COMPLETE the gratuity, 50% miss it. Lastly, add the onsite contact info to the CHEF BEO. We use that version for the driver because it is a cleaner version to pack the van with. The regular BEO is only sent to the client with the proposal because it has too much going on for the delivery pack list. Thanks!

Stephen
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 5/6/2019

Tripleseat review & comments

Tripleseat has grown with us at the rate we are able to understand and make positive advances with the software. They are allways available for discussion and help. My overall experence is we get very comfortable & professional service from Tripleseat.

Pros

I'm not at all a pro but so the ease of use is very important. The software was not designed originaly for my type of use, I'm a movie theater with special events. However it has been curved to be able to offer me everything I require to keep track of my special events. The calendar is esential for the number of events we have as each new movie release generates a new special event be it birthday parties or receptions and sometimes just a movie only seat reservation. Each style has to be noted and written up using the software to outline for each department in the Theater. The ability to arrange the many buckets we use to otline an event form the original set-up, as our understanding of the software increases is great.

Cons

Having to update each time changes are made to see how it will look onl the BEO is a little challenging. Then to view any changes I have to open up the BEO to see how it looks/fits etc. It would be nice to have a real time view/function of some sort to be able to see what someting looks like without having to udate first.

Gin

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Game changer

Great product! They’re always adding new features. Great support team.

Pros

I love that the software is live so I can make changes on line in front of the customer, while on the phone with them and they can sit right away in front of their own screen.

Cons

Sometimes the issues with their servers slowing down can be bothersome, especially during the working hours.

Reasons for Choosing Tripleseat

Old software

Reasons for Switching to Tripleseat

Ease of use, clean looking portals.
Caitlin

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

A little complicated to use, but it's a powerful event management tool that your clients will...

Pros

From the customer/client experience, it's wonderful. Great, professional design, easy to review contracts/policies, make payments, and correspond with questions. From the admin perspective, I like that it keeps me organized. There are so many moving parts to events and it's so nice to have everything organized in the calendar, have each event represented, and every event have it's own page to store details, connect with the client & staff, track & collect payments, create and send policies to review, request payments (can be custom or based on pre-set pricing menus), and store details for your team and/or the client (i.e. event floorplan, vendor info, etc). Gather's customer support has also been amazing! They always respond to questions in a timely manner and provide webinars on a consistent basis as well.

Cons

It's pretty complicated to use and takes quite a bit of training, which can make it hard to collaborate or inform part time staff or contractors on event details (or have them help with invoicing, scheduling, etc). There is also not an ability for clients to "sign" contracts, only approve proposals. For an industry that can be pretty litigious, I wish they emphasized their event policies a bit more.

Melissa

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

USer Friendly and Great Customer Support

Tripleseat is great. I do not see us leaving or using anything else . They are wonderful.

Pros

The software is easy to use. You can work your way through the program and it is easy to navigate. The customer support is wonderful. They really work with you until they find the problem. They are all very friendly and keep you posted on finding the issue as well.

Cons

I miss putting information in sometimes because it does not require you to tab through some of the spaces. I find it is an issue for my counterpart as well.

Kimberly

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

A great easy product

Tripleseat is immensely helpful in not overbooking and being able to plan ahead in terms of revenue coming in and tracking client retention. It is also extremely helpful in building and customizing contracts

Pros

Tripleseat is very user friendly and intuitive. It's easy to teach yourself and customize settings to what you need. I run the events for 3 restaurants and can customize what I need for each restaurant

Cons

There are glitches that when I've brought them up to customer support have been brushed off. For example: the emails from tripleseat tend to get blocked by company's firewalls or go to trash. It happens very often with my finance clients. When I've brought this up, customer support has just said to tell the client to check their junk folder but I can't really keep telling the Directors of Private Dining for major banking companies the problem is on their end so I end up not using tripleseat when booking my finance clients which is most of our revenue.

Shannon

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Efficiency has driven productivity!!

Overall, I love TS. As mentioned, I am so much more efficient than at previous places of employment without TS. And I can access it anywhere to do whatever I need to do.

I would absolutely recommend TS to any restaurants/hotel/sales departments looking to increase productivity and numbers.

Pros

With Tripleseat, I am able to handle more work, communicate with more clients and overall be more efficient. I have been in restaurant events for many years and I am doing more than double in event revenue using TS than with a previous employer without TS.

It's easy to use, relatively intuitive (once you get the hang of it) and my experience with my account rep has been amazing.

Cons

The only negative thing I would have to say is the discussions software usage with email servers. I do all of my communicating through the TS Discussions. A lot of my messages end up in Spam and clients have to reach out again, or just never see my message.

Jackie

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

My Right Hand To Staying Organized!

Organization! In this business of catering and special events you have to be able to stay organized and track communication. Before use of this product keeping track of emails and communication was a nightmare. I appreciate how everything is in one place under logical categories for ease of use.

I enjoy the Team Communication section as it allows me to keep track of where I left off with a client or to communicate with my team.

Pros

I really enjoy the report function of the software. It makes it very easy to report my monthly sales to the owners and GM. I appreciate the real time updates of changes as I make them and that the customer can refresh the portal to see changes as they are made.

The filters on Gather are very useful for me when it comes to sorting through bookings and events for more detailed booking information.

Cons

I would say the email feature is what I like least however with the new update I am noticing that more of my emails are now going to the clients and are not being lost to spam.

Natalie
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

Recommend to anyone!

Overall, the experience with Gather has been great. The Customer Support is amazing, and is always quick to respond and fix any issues you may have. Everything is easy and user friendly.

Pros

This software is SUPER user friendly. I have used it my past couple positions because of how easy it is for not only my position, but anyone else who needs to look into any of the event details.

I also like the unlimited viewer side of things. Communication is key and if everyone can have access to all details of the event, it makes it much easier.

All of my clients find it easy to use as they can view all of their details on their BEO, and sign off on everything electronically.

Being able to jump on the app is very helpful. If I am not at my desk or in the office, I am able to pull up any details anywhere.

Cons

I don't like that you are not able to edit a few forms that are already in Gather. We work with it, but it causes a bit more work on my end.

Cassandra

Reviewed on 13/9/2017

Overall, fairly smooth and easy to use.

Pros

I like the aesthetic of the software and that the Gather team seems to always be working on ways to improve the product.

Cons

I wish that the Task feature functioned more like an alert where some kind of reminder for deadlines would pop up, not only on the page for that particular event, but on the home page and calendar page. If the task feature were a bit more developed then I would be able to stop using Pipedrive altogether. It would also be AWESOME if Gather were integrated with OpenTable or another reservations software system.

I also wish there were more color coding options for different categories of events and phases they're in, such as a color for offsite events, or a color for an event that is confirmed but maybe still has a few details to finalize.

It would also be fantastic if clients could complete their credit card authorization form directly on the Gather Proposal Page so that they do not have to email credit card information or relay it over the phone.

Suzi

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

So Easy!

It is easy to see what spaces are already booked for any given day. The calendar notes is also very handy as we are a very large venue with many different functions. It is easy to add an note for different "heads up" groups who do not want to host their event as a private party but do want to let us know they will be coming in

Pros

The best thing about this product is how easy it is to use! I love everything about it. They are constantly working to make things better. We have had many people call trying to get us to switch to their event software, but there is no way we will ever change. This has been a lifesaver for me! I am your biggest fan!

Cons

Some problems with the seated dinner menus printing everything on the Chef's BEO. I have managed to make it work by adding the information as "add another item".

Gather is GREAT!

Pros

Ease of use. Customer satisfaction. I like that I can use on my phone or tablet. It's a great tool and you can bring it anywhere - client meetings, etc.

Cons

Sometimes there is a glitch in the system or running slow

Rachel

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

The best software for private dining & catering

I used Gather for four years at a previous restaurant and loved it so much that I made Gather a hiring condition for my new job. The customer service is responsive and will work hard to solve any issues. They are constantly trying to find and implement new improvements and I love how they communicate their progress. Gather has fantastic training upon set up and webinars on different features each week.

Pros

I love having the Gather app on my phone. I can check my calendar, create proposals and respond to messages on the go! Our restaurant owner can also see what events are coming up through the app.

Cons

The app is a work in progress, but they have made great strides with a lot of new editing features. One feature I would like to see is the ability to edit an event's menu & beverages in the app.

Anna

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Gather

It can do multiple things by partnering with other platforms/marketplace feature and it is a simpler process to create a BEO.

Pros

It has a marketplace feature which can create a profile for your restaurant and private space for other planners and clients to view your venue.

Cons

I can not put a time table where the menus are being created.
There is no way to highlight the menus and make the font larger.

Cassandra
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Love Tripleseat

Events is a very detailed business and TS solves those needs. Every client needs an adjustment to the contract notes or header or client name or tax status and I can edit every single thing on TS. I used to use Caterease in the past and it was so difficult to change the forms.

Pros

It is so customizable and useful from the reports to the details that you can add in to documents.

Cons

The customer service could be better. Half the time the chat function is offline. And when I email customer service, they never seem to understand my questions or have a genuine desire to help. I asked for some marketing help because TS has sent out email blasts for me in the past, and this year, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.