When I Work Reviews

About When I Work

When I Work is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution that helps organizations track time and attendance, create and edit employee schedules, add new jobs to the calendar, review timesheets and fill shifts. When I Work lets...

Browse When I Work Reviews

1,079 of 1,079 reviews
Christopher
Christopher

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

When I Work User

Pros

The When I Work software is great at keeping track of my work schedule. On the Dashboard, it notifies me of my next upcoming shift, the date, and the time. It tells at which location I am working and what my position will be. It also tells what coworkers that I am working with during that shift. I can go into the schedule tab of the software and see what days during the week I am working. The software will also tally up my total hours that I will work per week. This is helpful because it allows me to see who is working and who is not so I can get a shift covered. The software also allows me to put in requests in advance of dates that I want to request off.

Cons

The availability scheduling feature takes some time to learn how to navigate. It is somewhat difficult to fully schedule availability. If you make a mistake and accidentally alter the availability for one day you have to go back to that day and fix it before adjusting your availability.

Response from When I Work

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I am glad When I Work helps you keep track of your shifts, the shifts of your coworkers, and helps with getting the time off you need!

If you have any questions about Availability Preferences please submit a ticket, we are happy to assist!

Replied 14/2/2020
Leo
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

Solid scheduling platform

Pros

The platform was easy to use in general and the employee app was handy.

Cons

Wasn't the best solution for a restaurant. Wanted to be able to schedule without defined end times so that staff didn't get the idea they could leave exactly at that time. Some other platforms allow for this (such as scheduling to "business decline" or "close"). But it works well for businesses with fixed schedules.Dealt with some lagging on the backend when scheduling via a pc.

7shifts

Reasons for Choosing When I Work

Wanted an employee app.

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

We ultimately switched away from WIW to 7Shifts.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Leo,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and platform and we appreciate your here. I can see how it would be useful for your team as well as others to have the ability to schedule until "close", "business needs", or something of the like!

We appreciate valuable suggestions like this as we consider enhancements and future updates to the product.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with any additional questions or if we can assist with anything else.

Thank you!

Replied 21/6/2023
Alizabeth

Review of wiw

So far it hasn’t been horrible. There are some things that need to get worked out.

Pros

The ease of putting schedules together. It’s nice to have all of my schedules in one place.

Cons

That I have to see everyone’s schedule when they are at other buildings.

Response from When I Work

Hi Alizabeth,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for your wonderful review of our app!

We definitely want to improve your experience, so if there are any specific issues you are encountering or questions you have please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Top When I Work Alternatives

Sasha

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

LOVE WIW. Always what we need on the daily and brings tons of value

Pros

I love how easy the UI is. The UX for the employee and myself as a business owner is second to none. Makes scheduling and managing labor super efficient and easy.

Cons

Not much to say about what I don't like. I think it does exactly what I need.

Response from When I Work

Hi Sasha,

Farrah here with the Care Team at When I Work. Thanks for the detailed review!

It’s wonderful to see that scheduling and Forecast Tools are helping your workflow and making your teams’ and your work lives easier.

If there is anything we can assist with, please reach out. We're here to help!

Thanks for using When I Work!

Farrah

Replied 27/12/2023
Shannon
Shannon
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

Acceptable product quality but poor service

I've been using it so long I don't remember the sales and implementation process. It's probably time to start shopping for a new solution, but I can't be bothered because my staff are used to it and it basically does what's it's supposed to.

Pros

It is fairly easy to build the schedule every week and staff get notified right away. The time off feature works really well. I like the "Open Shifts" feature for weeks when we are short staffed.

Cons

So many things, but mostly that I have used it for 7 years and it has hardly evolved. Or at least when they do add features, you almost always have to pay for them. I made some changes a few years ago that broke somethings and tried to get someone on the phone and was basically told that I dont' qualify for phone support. They didn't solve my issue (I'm just tolerating it). Kind of annoying considering that I hav epaid about $8400 USD for this software over the past 7 years. I feel I'm worth a 15 minute phone call to troubleshoot my issues and make it work better for me.

Response from When I Work

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our application. We love and appreciate hearing feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our product to best support all of our customers.

I am sorry to hear there seems to be an issue that has not been resolved for you. We are very happy to help correct this. We do have a Live Chat option for live support that can be very useful real time.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly anytime you need us. We are always here and happy to assist in the most effecient way possible!

Again, we definitely appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your Scheduling and Time Keeping needs.

Respectfully,
Ethan

Replied 9/9/2021
Cynthia

Helping others

Pros

Keeps me updated on everything I need to know on my schedule

Cons

There's nothing i don't like about it...

Response from When I Work

Hi Cynthia,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for your wonderful review of When I Work! We are happy to hear that the app is helping you stay updated.

Have a wonderful day.

3 functions in 1 app

Pros

I consolidated clocking in, scheduling and team communication in one platform instead of three!

Cons

That I can't start unique conversation threads for every topic that we need to communicate. We have our staff comment so we know they've read it and we have to keep adding it onto an existing thread....makes it confusing

Response from When I Work

Hi Stephanie,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for your wonderful review of our app!

We'd like to take a closer look at the WorkChat issue you are experiencing, if you can please submit a ticket at: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We're here to help!

Thank you for using When I Work.

Nikki
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

When I work for us

Pros

The ability to integrate ADP workforce. Saved us a considerable amount of time with payroll.

Cons

We have 9 locations. We often use employees at different locations. We have to pay for users multiple times because there isn't a way to use one platform and have different locations. It's very much a hassle and causes errors to occur.

Response from When I Work

Hi Nikki,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for your wonderful review! The Customer Care team would be happy to assist you further if you could please submit a ticket with the team here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We're here to help!

Casey

Amazing Work Flow

Pros

Easy to read and adjust schedules. The color options help make it user friendly.

Cons

It doesnt talk to our payroll system so we are not able to use that feature.

Response from When I Work

Hi Casey,

Shab here from When I Work. Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review!

If there are any specific issues you are encountering or questions you have, please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We're here to help!

Thank you for using When I Work.

Shelby

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Best App, very easy to use

Pros

Easy and user friendly, very quick and effective

Cons

Its hard to change the schedule from the app.

Response from When I Work

Hi Shelby,

Shab here from When I Work. We are happy to hear that you are finding the app user friendly and effective!

• Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Takes the work out of scheduling

We have been incredibly happy with the program. We went from spending 8-10 hours scheduling each month to 1-2

Pros

It is incredibly easy for both the employee to enter their availability and the manager to appropriately schedule. We love that we cant schedule somebody if they mark themselves unavailable, avoids confusion and holds the employee accountable

Cons

The inability to attach files to an email

Sling

Reasons for Choosing When I Work

We were creating our own schedule utilizing excel spreadsheets, this left open a ton of room for human error

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

The video training was so easy to understand and charming, it was a no brainer

Response from When I Work

Hi Sarah,

Anna here from When I Work Customer Care. Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a review! I definitely understand how the ability to attach a file to a group email could improve When I Work. We have just released a new feature called Document Storage that your team may be interested in. I've linked an article that outlines the feature below.

Thanks again for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that When I Work is saving you time and preventing confusion. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/.

Have a great day,
Anna

Replied 23/11/2019
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

Perfectly simple, yet provides multifunctional employee tracking and communications

Satisfied with the overall usage of this product. It's really straight forward, simple to use, helpful, and reliable. Making more time to spend on other areas of your business that are more important.

Pros

The simplicity and accuracy are notable. It helps you from scheduling multiple employees on shifts. It allows for employees to swap shifts or release and pick as well. Notifications are immediately sent and acknowledgment of schedule and communications are recorded. Which is absolutely needed to employee accountability.

Cons

There are potential areas where this program could fail at advising the appropriate authority. If a shift was let go and needed to be picked up. Leading to understaffing concerns.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

The layout was simple and easy to comprehend for any person to use.

Response from When I Work

Hi Stephanie!

We appreciate your nice feedback! It's great hearing from you that When I Work is helping to make your teams' and your work lives easier.

Shanyce

Replied 5/6/2023
Krissy
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 22/4/2022

When I work

I loved the when i work app very much. I was able to look at my shifts as well as change and drop shifts, There is also the ability to chat with other employees about changing or swapping shifts.

Pros

When I work is a great app as far as employee scheduling and shift changes. The app has sooo many great features available and it is very affordable.

Cons

there were a few glitches with the software on ocassion when trying to pick up a dropped shift if you are already scheduled.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

I heard from other stores that have used the software as well as reading reviews online.

Response from When I Work

Hi Krissy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

We're happy to know that you're enjoying the app and features available, like easily having access to view your schedule, and being able to drop and swap shifts! Our users are the reason we do what we do.

Please let us know if any questions come up, we're always happy to help.

Chelo

Replied 29/4/2022
Nicola
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 9/9/2016

Does what it is supposed to

I loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).

Pros

It's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.

Cons

It would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

Response from When I Work

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options.

We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized.

When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder.

We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency.

When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee.

All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.

Replied 9/9/2016
ellen

Reviewed on 31/8/2017

A good option for timecards and schedule.

Initially it was a good solution for employee scheduling. We added the time clock after about 8 months and it has served its purpose. It allowed us to not use a google doc to schedule employees. It is a a good scheduler but not as great of a time clock.

Pros

My employees can use the app to get alerts and check their schedules. Employees can swap shifts with my approval. The time card is integrated into the schedule app. It is somewhat easy to use. We have used this software for about 2 years. When we first started with them there were not a lot of options out there. And it served its purpose. Our employees seem to like using it.

Cons

There are several cons. I think the price is too high for what you get. Trying to process the time cards is very cumbersome and not very easy to understand. We run 24 hours a day and this software is not well suited to a 24 hour clock. Overall I spend too much time trying to understand how to use the time clock - punch in/out- and it is really frustrating. Also- their customer support is really pretty horrible. There is not a way to call someone and you have to submit an email to support and it can take them a bit to get back to you. Issues with time cards are things you want an answer for right away and they do not offer a quick response. Also- you really have to use a desk top to process the time cards and it does not function so well with google chrome- I think safari works better- but I prefer to use chrome. There are glitches with it that are just frustrating.

Response from When I Work

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for writing us a review! We appreciate the feedback you provided to us. I am happy to hear that you are finding the scheduler helpful. I am, however, bummed to hear that you have had difficulty contacting our support teams. You always have access to live chat within your account, simply by clicking on the chat bubble within the green toolbar. If additional training on the Attendance tool is something you would like, please just let our support teams know and we would be more than happy to provide you with that.

We strive to provide the highest level of support to our customers and we hope that we can meet your expectations moving forward.

Have a great day!

Replied 5/9/2017
Rose
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/4/2022

Has a lot of potential, but isn't quite there yet for our needs.

Overall, I wanted this to really work, but it's been frustrating.

I do acknowledge that we work in a non-traditional industry. I am a team member at an NFT company with world-wide employees who all work from home. We need our community server covered 24/7 and so I need to be able to schedule people 24/7, but in *their* timezone in order to make sure that I have everyone working during normal hours in *their time* (as opposed to 4am their time). I can't make "shift templates" in one time zone and then make shifts in another timezone for the auto scheduler. There is no way for me to denote "Hey, I want my APAC crew to be scheduled these APAC hours, but NOT my US crew".

I've spent many, many, many hours trying to figure out how to "game the system" to make it work for us. I can do it but it's very cumbersome, hands on, and takes a lot of time (which is the opposite of what I was hoping a scheduler would do. I was hoping to SAVE time.)

I reached out to the team at one point to report the bug where the auto scheduler was ignoring unavailable time, and received a followup email letting me know it was fixed, but I still experience the issue every time I go to make a new schedule.

This may be a FANTASTIC piece of software for traditional work-force, but hasn't been what I was hoping thus far for the industry I work in, that requires 24/7 scheduling with employees all over the world.

Pros

-Allowing for employees to be in different timezones
-Allowing for employees to set their unavailability and their preferred scheduling times
-Allowing employees to shift swap within the software

Cons

-Software is often buggy. It auto schedules my employees during times they are marked as "unavailable". This may be due to the fact that we have people all over the world and could be a time-zone issue, but the fact remains that they are often scheduled during "unavailable" times, and it has to be adjusted.

-It also doesn't seem to honor the "schedule weekends first" feature correctly when I'm using auto scheduling. One of my employees ends up never being scheduled and I have to adjust. (TBF I have to adjust EVERYONE'S schedule after using the auto scheduler, but the issue with this one employee in particular is consistent and weird.)

-Making shift templates is cumbersome.

-There is no way for me to view someone's schedule in their timezone (and I'm talking about Singapore vs. CST) without switching my OWN timezone preference, which requires me to then immediately refresh the site or it won't show properly.

-There is no "undo" -- If I have a schedule pushed and I need to play around with a swap, the moment I shift someone's shift, it goes into draft mode and if I decide, "Hey, I'm gonna actually just leave them where they are," there is no way to undo the movement without republishing (and sending them a notification) the shift.

-Shift swapping doesn't allow for a FT employee to cover a PT employee's shift if they want, or for a PT employee to cover part of a FT employee's shift. I have to manually do this.

Response from When I Work

Hi Rose,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

We're sorry to hear that When I Work did not best meet your business needs! We can certainly appreciate the importance for your business to access features that do not exist within When I Work.

New enhancement requests are reported to our team and demand is tracked to review the request and determine whether to implement it. We are not able to provide a timeline of when requested features may be implemented, although we do offer updates on new features/releases through announcements in the product updates on our blog and through the Help Center "Product News": https://help.wheniwork.com/article-categories/product-news/.

Thanks again and let us know if there is anything further we can assist with.

Chelo

Replied 29/4/2022
Laurie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Good for specific types of companies; we needed additional functions

This software seems to be developed and used for companies whose locations do not change. I can see why restaurants and small stores would be very happy with this app. However, there is a large market "out here" for companies who send employees to many locations to have an app they can use also (housekeepers, landscapers, moving/packing companies, etc.).

Pros

It has many of the features we needed for scheduling employees.
We liked that more than one location can be scheduled for different employees, even sometimes on the same day. When we finally figured out how to use it, the map function was convenient because we go different places nearly every day. We liked that employees could see who was working with them each day.

Cons

There is no ability for employees to decline a shift. For several years, we requested the company add this feature. This turned out to be a deal breaker for us, and we finally went to another software.
I also thought it was odd that when a loyal customer of many years left, no one from the company contacted us to find out why.
Interestingly, the software we changed to also costs less per month, in spite of the fees they charge us for employees to accept/decline shifts by text message.

Response from When I Work

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. I'm glad to hear that our multiple schedules and job sites features were helpful for you as your scheduled your staff. I'm sorry to hear that you ended up choosing to go with another software; we are always looking for ways to improve When I Work, so I really appreciate your feedback about allowing employees to decline shifts, rather than just confirming them. Thank you again for taking the time to give us this feedback, Laurie!

All the best,
Briana

Replied 15/4/2019
Tom

Reviewed on 30/5/2023

Nice entry level scheduling product

This is a huge time saver for me, as my time spend for scheduling and totaling time cards has dropped significantly. Additionally, my staff can easily swap shifts making it easier for them.

Pros

This tools allows me to more easily schedule my staff with my staff entering their unavailable times which display when I am scheduling. The time tracking in the application, allowing my staff to clock in and out on the app is great. All of their time is tracked, and I get their total time worked at the end of each period which has saved me hours of my time already.

Cons

Some features seem to need a little more work. Additionally, this tool has required a lot of experimenting to figure out how I can use it best for my business. The task lists are great once they are figured out. Unfortunately, updating (reordering the items) is not easy. Additionally, my staff have struggled a bit with marking tasks complete on the wrong shift, causing issues. The fact that the Android and iOS versions vary in navigation on the phone has also led to issues in the "implementation" of the product. Extraction of the time totals is not great, as it only works for certain products. I end up manually transferring time totals from this tool to my payroll system.

Response from When I Work

Hi there Tom,

Ky here from the Customer Care team at When I Work. I'm following-up to thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review.

To start, we're thrilled to hear you're enjoying having the ability to easily schedule your staff and have your users clock in and out in one place.

We also appreciate you sharing your feedback on the time it took to properly figure out how to use our Tasks feature and we'd love to hear any suggestions you have for improvement now that you've got it down.

We are always looking for ways to make improvements to our tools and to make shift work feel like less work so we appreciate you taking the time to let us know that a more seamless user experience between the iOS and Android versions of the app is something you'd like to see in the future.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'm always happy to help!

Thank you for being a part of When I Work, Tom!

Warm regards,
Ky

Replied 31/5/2023
Cindy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 17/6/2023

When I Work works well

Overall I enjoy using the app. I very rarely has any glitches. I recommend using When I Work.

Pros

What I liked about When I Work the most is that it is very easy to use. The link to download app feature works great. Its great for scheduling.

Cons

What I liked the least about When I Work is the time tracking feature because it real time updates are not automatically available without refreshing the screen. Also sometimes new shift updates also lag and require refreshing the app as well.

Response from When I Work

Hi Cindy,

Sarah here from the Care Team at When I Work.

Thank you for taking the time to review the When I Work app and providing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that, overall, you are enjoying the app and would recommend it to other users.

Regarding any lagging or issues you are experiencing, outdated data stored in the browser's cache is one likely cause of this behavior. Clearing the browser's data is the recommended next step to correct this. The steps are slightly different for different browsers, but we've stored some useful links in our help center article here:

It is important to make sure "all-time" is selected and all browser windows are closed after these steps in order to test if this is effective.

If you continue to have trouble, please submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ and someone will continue troubleshooting. Thanks!

Replied 21/6/2023
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Very Satisfied User

I enjoy that the employees can verify their hours themselves and also put in their time requests. It's also convenient for the employees to be able to add notes regarding why they need an adjustment on their time sheet. I find that When I Work is very user friendly and that really helps my employees and I.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of being able to track employee time sheets. When I Work is very user friendly for both the administrator and users. I also am very impressed with the customer service department when I reached out to them regarding upgrading ny services and they were very helpful with recommending what would best suit the needs of both the employer and staff.

Cons

It was a little difficult for the employees to get used to the change of software that was being used for payroll, however, that is no fault of When I Work. Change can be difficult and hard to remember at times.

Response from When I Work

Hi Stephanie -

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us!

I'm thrilled to hear that our Timesheets and features have been so helpful for you and your team! It's awesome to hear that our Customer Care team has been able to assist and be so helpful as well, thank you so much for letting us know!

If you, or your team have questions at anytime, we're here to help!

Again, thanks for this awesome 10/10 review!

Adrianne

Replied 24/10/2020
Katrina
Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Not consistent

Not good, had me late on my first and second day.

Pros

After searching for a job two years ago, I found one from Craigslist. I was told to download this app and my schedule would be sent to it. Well the next day I woke up and decided to check my phone while doing so, I got a text or notification from the app. I opened it and sure enough I had to go to work in less than 10 minutes. I hurriedly put on my clothes and ran out the door. I was late on my first day. I told them the app lagged and I received my schedule minutes before coming to work. This app never got straight, I had to write my schedule down while at work.

Cons

My schedule never showed up in a timely manner. I was eventually fired then the schedule started showing up telling me I had work. How ironic is that, I didn't need notifications then, yet I was still getting them. I uninstalled the app and went back to my Event Specialist job.

Response from When I Work

Hello Katrina-

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with When I Work at your previous job.

We aim to make When I Work reliable and easy to receive your schedule. When I Work provides notification options so you can choose what alerts you receive when your manager releases the schedule to you.

In addition to this, we are constantly working to release updates and enhancements to our software.

I understand you are at a different job now but if you ever work with an employer that uses When I Work again, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team at [email protected] for any troubleshooting assistance. We're here to help!

Sincerely,
Cara

- When I Work

Replied 25/1/2019

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

Pros

We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

Cons

So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

Response from When I Work

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!

Adrianne

Replied 7/3/2019
Rachel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/1/2018

Love When I Work. Easy to use, and the customer service is outstanding!

Being able to go paperless was the biggest benefit. Also, the ease of the software makes it easy for Supervisors to make schedules and track hours.

Pros

Love the ease of the software, super user-friendly. Also, like that it is easy for all generations to use. Love that all requests can be made online, helping to eliminate paper.

Cons

Would like to see more options for tracking employee hours as far as the reporting goes. Also, other features like tracking employees who work different positions, and being able to report on those hours. Also would like for it to track employee hours who no longer work with us anymore. Don't like that once the employee is removed from When I Work, all of their history is removed as well.

Response from When I Work

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for leaving us a great review! We appreciate hearing from you!

I can definitely see how more advanced reporting and export features could be of use to you and other users. I will be sure to pass this along as a suggestion to our development team.

In addition, you can view the schedules and timesheets for past users by pulling up a 'Schedule Export' or a 'Custom Timesheet Export' and setting the filter to 'All Employees' so your deleted users populate on the report.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] and they will be happy to help with whatever you may need :)

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Replied 31/1/2018
Richard

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Accessibility and Intuitive Scheduling

My overall experience with When I Work has been positive! Out of all the scheduling apps or processes I've been a part of, this has definitely been the smoothest. I would recommend this app to any employer looking for good software.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to track my hours in multiple manners. Not only does the app show me how many hours I am scheduled to work a week, it shows me the scheduled hours of everyone on staff in a larger format, and can even show my timesheets, giving me the breakdown of negative or positive hours correlating to clocking in early or clocking out late. This last feature is extremely helpful as it quantifies the fruits (whether ripe or rotten) of your labor, letting you know exactly what you need to keep doing or improve on.

Cons

Yes, when I am accessing availability and have repeating schedule preferences, if there absolutely any overlap, it simply does not allow you to make changes and it is then your job to find the overlaps and shift them to allow for your original change. Often, this process is tedious, but it doesn't come up often as the initial mistake is human error. If there was a way for it to offer options on how you'd like to fix the overlap, that would be perfect.

Response from When I Work

Hi Richard, thanks so much for this detailed review. We appreciate the feedback on setting availability preferences and I am happy to share this feedback with the appropriate team.

Replied 10/10/2020
Jeremy
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

When I Work does a great job @ scheduling basic & repetitive schedules & an ok job when it's...

Scheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge headache otherwise.

Pros

It simplifies communication with staff and freelancers, pushing updates to them en masse. It is an attractive UI and the app functions pretty well. Support is responsive and communicative.

Cons

The permission levels need a lot of work. They are limited and global so you really don't have much control over who sees what. You can't copy a shift from one week to the next, this seems kind of basic, especially if an event spans multiple weeks it's inconvenient to have to build the shift twice. It would also be nice to have the ability for someone to view a schedule at a location other than the one they are scheduled at...for example, someone in one office wants to see if someone in another office is scheduled to be available or not without showing up in that locations schedule. Currently this is not possible.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work! We are happy to hear that When I Work helps simply scheduling and communication for you and your team.

I will let my team know that you are interested in seeing more control over the When I Work permission levels, schedule views, and the copy shifts feature. Thanks so much for your feedback on this!

Adrian