About When I Work

When I Work is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution that helps organizations track time and attendance, create and edit employee schedules, add new jobs to the calendar, review timesheets and fill shifts. When I Work lets...

Browse When I Work Reviews

1,003 of 1,003 reviews
Christopher
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

When I Work User

Pros

The When I Work software is great at keeping track of my work schedule. On the Dashboard, it notifies me of my next upcoming shift, the date, and the time. It tells at which location I am working and what my position will be. It also tells what coworkers that I am working with during that shift. I can go into the schedule tab of the software and see what days during the week I am working. The software will also tally up my total hours that I will work per week. This is helpful because it allows me to see who is working and who is not so I can get a shift covered. The software also allows me to put in requests in advance of dates that I want to request off.

Cons

The availability scheduling feature takes some time to learn how to navigate. It is somewhat difficult to fully schedule availability. If you make a mistake and accidentally alter the availability for one day you have to go back to that day and fix it before adjusting your availability.

Response from When I Work

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I am glad When I Work helps you keep track of your shifts, the shifts of your coworkers, and helps with getting the time off you need!

If you have any questions about Availability Preferences please submit a ticket, we are happy to assist!

Replied 14/2/2020
Cristina
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

When I Work is good, but tempermental

It's not bad, not earth shaking good. But it doesn't really crash -- except I did notice that if I failed to clock in on the app and then my time is adjusted by the team that does attendance -- later on in the same day it's hard to log out for lunch, etc. Sometimes it makes the whole process buggy.

Pros

It's easy to use to clock in, etc I like that the app gives you a warning when your lunch break is over, etc

Cons

Sometimes the app doesn't respond. Many times I have clocked in or out only to find out that the app didn't record the information

Response from When I Work

Hi Cristina,

Thank you so much for your review today! We are sorry to hear you are having issues with the When I Work app. Can you submit a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ so we can work to resolve this? We're here to help!

Warmly,
Shab

Replied 6/1/2023
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 4/4/2017

Deceptive & misleading pricing practices, little integration, but certainly quite slick.

Pros

Looks slick, appears to offer a lot (which it does, at a cost, see below...)

Customer support is very responsive - live chat, email, etc. I may not like their answers (see below) but I can't fault their timely attention, their patience, their attentiveness.

Cons

1. Pricing Practices

The page at wheniwork.com/pricing says nothing, just that schedulling is free for less than 75 employees (and anything over is a "contact us for enterprise" price, which is fine). Great, I think, I'll sign up, start working with it.

Glad I didn't invest much time. I set up a few employees, downloaded the apps, started working out the wrinkles. And after a few hours of looking, and testing, and reading, it looks good, but...

...then I discover that basic features like scheduling more than 10 days ahead (!) are paid-for. So is time tracking. Etc. That's ok to charge, but not ok to deceive - and there's *no* simple way right now to see a comparison of features and costs before getting signed-up.

And this is not a small bump. You can't bolt-on a little extra. To get a proper working app, the minimum number of users they offer 20 minimum and the time attendance module adds something like 50% on top.

But really it is transparency and deceptive practices that have *really* turned me against this product in a *very* short period of time - and that is *very* sad. If they'd allowed me to choose up front to devote my time, great; but they didn't.

I had to ask support what "long-term scheduling" meant (that being something not included in the free plan). That means more than 10 days... No other warning of that, that I could see. I feel deceived.

2. App Reliability

Others have mentioned glitches. I started working with the iPhone app - it stopped working for some tasks. I contacted support who said it was restricted to my account only, and they would get their developers to look at it. So I stopped using the iPhone app. My wife's Android phone wouldn't recognise her (valid) phone number when accepting a request to log in. So 2 strikes there. Your mileage may vary.

3. Limited Integrations

A few years ago, WIW posted on their Facebook page that they used Xero. Some commented then - why no integration? No answer. Years later, still no integration with Xero. No Zapier integration, either.

The cynic might think that WIW gets kick-backs / referral fees / bonusnes from Quick Books, Gusto, etc. which is why they're the (very limited) integration "partners". There's an API of course, if I had time.

Again, I'd forgive that for a free / cheap deal. But it isn't a free / cheap deal *for a working scheduling solution* - a schedule that doesn't reach into next week is *not* a working schedule.

So, yes, I'm annoyed. I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel like I've been deceived. I feel like I signed-up and invested time based upon what is almost a lie. And that sucks - not least because it was so needless. The product isn't awful, the pricing (whilst I may not like it) isn't the worst out there. The limitations are limitations, but every product has some.

And that, really, is sad.

The silver lining is that the free plan only launched yesterday. So perhaps they'll think again about the offering. And my experience is unlikely to be the same as that people had before me. But it is what it is today - so much so that I've signed-up for GetApp just to leave this review.

Response from When I Work, Inc.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry this is not a more personalized response but it appears you have not listed your name, title or company in your GetApp review.

As you said, we did just launch our free plan. We hope that many small businesses, including those like you in the apparel and fashion industry, will find value in being able to schedule their employees 10 days in advance and notify them electronically rather than printing out Excel spreadsheets that require their employees to come into a physical location to see their schedule or call a coworker who is currently working to find out when their next shifts will be. As with any new launch, we will continue to try to improve and appreciate your honest and thoughtful feedback about the pricing and how it was displayed to you. Our intention is certainly not to deceive or mislead our customers or potential customers.

We are glad to know that despite your perception of the product and its pricing, our Customer Support did what they do best and answered your questions in a timely and attentive manner.

Have a nice day,
Customer Success @ When I Work

Replied 10/4/2017

Top When I Work Alternatives

earl
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Biggby Coffee franchisee with two locations with some employees work at both locations

over all we are happy and will be staying with the system. we would much rather help them develop there product the switch to another system. while we went there at the very beginning I think it was close an it has been useful and stable all along.

Pros

used on phones. multiple site capability. we started with one location with the knowledge that as we gained locations this system could grow with us with out having to buy into a large expensive system before we were ready.

Cons

the workchat function is still in need of some attention. deleting old chats isn't obvious. Sometimes when writing longer texts the system will stop displaying the text being written after about 200 characters, then the whole text will be displayed when sent. can't edit or delete a posted text. posting pictures can be confusing although they do post. the chat is about 75% there just needs a little buffing up, this is a pretty big part of our administration as to a great degree we manage from offsite.

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Raagavy here from the Care Team at When I Work. Thank you for this review and feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ to troubleshoot your Workcht functions if you are still experiencing this.

Take care,
Raagavy

Replied 6/12/2022
Jonathan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 20/1/2023

Pros

Easy to manage multiple employees quickly. Easy drag and drop solution for timesheets, which helps us get things done for so many drivers quickly.

Cons

Sometimes punches didn’t work properly. The mobile form sometimes didn’t show up on Android.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out with this feedback! We're very happy to hear that When I Work has made managing timesheets easy for you and your team!

We'd love to connect further on time punches on Android devices. Please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We'd be happy to assist!

Thanks gain for giving us a review!

Farrah

Replied 23/1/2023
Lisa

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Fast & convenient WhenIwork app

Pros

This app was very easy to learn! I don’t use all the features available but I use many of them & it works beautifully

Cons

There’s not much I don’t like about this app!

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. We are always looking for ways for the app to be easy and efficient way for our Users.

Replied 4/1/2023
Nathan

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

When I Work makes it easy to govern schedules and count time

Overall, When I Work is a solid application that is great for the standard employee that works hourly shifts.

Pros

When I Work makes it easy to clock in, clock out, check how many hours work, and also ensure that clocking in happens at site of work via location services.

Cons

When I Work has many features that may not be used by every organization.

Response from When I Work

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We are glad to hear that you are making use of our clock-in/clock-out features and that Timesheets and Location Requirements are working for your Workplace! I definitely understand how not all features may be of use to all Workplaces! We appreciate your feedback!

Replied 4/1/2023
Vince

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Very useful app

Pros

I like how to software remind workers when they have to work and position

Cons

I dislike the software freezing sometimes

Response from When I Work

Hi Vince,

Thanks for taking the time to provide awesome feedback on how When I Work has helped you and your team!

We appreciate you bringing the freezing behavior to our attention. We definitely want to improve your experience, could you please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We're here to help!

Farrah

Replied 19/12/2022
Shelby
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 4/1/2023

User friendly way to keep track of my time

Pros

I liked the user friendly interface of this software, it took little to no time to learn how to use it.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about this software.

Response from When I Work

Hi Shelby,

We're grateful for the awesome review! It's great to see that you are finding the app user-friendly!

Have a wonderful day!
Shab

Replied 6/1/2023
Digna
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/1/2023

Useful if you work in a team

Overall experience with When I Work has been a useful experience and I would definitely recommend for teams of people.

Pros

It's really useful to be able to set your availability and if you work in a team to be able to see other people's availability, working hours and when they are on leave etc.

Cons

This software could be made to be more user friendly and have a clearer and more concise layout overall.

Jamie

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

Okay for micro-busineses but does not scale well, integrates poorly, and suffers from bad...

The company only offers support by Chat or Email - there is no way to get someone on the phone. I did not realize this when signing up, and find it a maddening waste of time when you have a real problem to solve (and you will have problems!)

Pros

The Scheduling module works well for our 25-person veterinary practice where staff work rotating schedules. We can set up templates for each group and quickly deploy and tweak the schedule.

Cons

We tried to integrate with Gusto Payroll to streamline time-sheet reporting. It's a mess, and does not often work. It's really hard to troubleshoot because WhenIWork hides all the integration details. For instance you can not see the mapping of employees and their roles/jobs between the two companies. After a while I realize that it's faster to manually type in all the data since troubleshooting this is so time consuming. Plus you can not get support on the phone!

Response from When I Work

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your honest review of our integrations and support channels. We appreciate the feedback.

The Customer Care team aims to provide exceptional support through our email and chat channels. We would be happy to continue assisting with any issues you are seeing with the Gusto integration. Please chat in with us or submit a ticket.

All the best,
Tim

Replied 16/4/2021
Miguel

Reviewed on 24/6/2018

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

Pros

When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can.

Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time.

The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used.

View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects.

When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage.

When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

Cons

No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Great scheduling app with tons of features!

Scheduling is EXTREMELY easy! Long gone are the days of paper postings and random email messages. It is VERY nice being able to reference your entire schedule from the moment it is posted, going all the way back to your initial employment. Even those with little to no computer experience can use it fairly easily.

Pros

It is EXTREMELY easy for the end-user to utilize this software. There are also some pretty good mobile applications that it offers which makes tracking your schedule very easy!

Cons

There are a lot of overly-helpful tips and suggestions that constantly spam the administrators' email accounts and scheduling interfaces. (Essentially the company does this to assist the administrators, but there is no way to stop it, which makes it very annoying after awhile). The mobile application can also be buggy at times, and the website schedule does not work properly on mobile phones that don't have a "desktop view", as the website does not have a mobile version designed for it. This forces you to use the mobile app on mobile devices unless your mobile phone can display it in a "desktop view". On a normal computer interface, this works just fine.

Response from When I Work

Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to review our app. We are glad to hear that When I Work is making scheduling easier for you and your team.

If you are having trouble unsubscribing to our emails, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help get you unsubscribed on our end.

At this time When I Work is only supported on our web app via computer or or on mobile apps on Android and iOS devices. Our team is prioritizing consistency and parity between our web and mobile apps. I would make sure that you have the most updated version of the mobile app for the latest enhancements we have made.

Thanks,

Adrian
When I Work Team

Replied 12/3/2018
Nicola
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 9/9/2016

Does what it is supposed to

I loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).

Pros

It's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.

Cons

It would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

Response from When I Work

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options.

We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized.

When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder.

We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency.

When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee.

All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.

Replied 9/9/2016
Helen

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.

Pros

DASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll.
AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance.
It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know".
At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze!
AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.

Cons

So far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

Response from When I Work

Hi Helen,

Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review!

We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier.

Vicki

Replied 11/10/2019
Lindsay

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

We started using When I Work to do scheduling and time clock for our 130 desk-less employees

It saves us a lot of time. We have 130 college students that work for us and they are always swapping shifts or need a shift off for an exam or something like that. They can do all of that through When I Work and I don't have to be the middle man in any of that anymore. It also helps hold them accountable. It makes them acknowledge their shifts and tells them that they are still responsible for the shift until someone accepts it (and notifies if/when it is accepted). It is nice that they get that reminder every time they need to drop a shift and I don't have to find them and remind them all of the time.

Pros

We love the fact that our employees can access it on their phones. Our employees are college students, so being able to use it on a mobile device is crucial. Our old program didn't have that functionality. I also like that I can go in and move someone's shift to "open" for any other employee to accept. Since our employees are college students and anything required for a course is excused from work, so it is really nice to be able to go in and move a shift for an employee that has an exam or something like that. I also like that employees have to acknowledge their shifts.

Cons

Two things - I can't go in and schedule just one person. We are on a college campus that operate on quarters. I would like to be able to look at an individual schedule for a certain time period and edit it as necessary, but that functionality doesn't exist. My employees are frustrated with the notifications. It is great that someone can do a "drop shift request" that goes out to all of the other employees, but it is frustrating to get 10 emails about that. We (mainly our hourly employees) wish there was an option to get the notifications in a digest once a day instead an email for every single notification.

Response from When I Work

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear that When I Work has been able to improve your scheduling process and save you time.

You have provided great feedback here. I can see how the ability to view/edit an individuals schedule could be a valuable feature. Our goal with the notifications is to keep everyone as informed as possible, but I understand it can be a lot if your schedule has many weekly changes. I will be sure to pass these ideas on to our product team!

Thanks again!

Matt

Replied 15/11/2017
Liz
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

Fantastic Tool!

I will never go back to the old way. When I Work has revolutionized my work day.

Pros

I have numerous staff working different jobs at different locations. Previously I was using Excel to schedule them all. Keeping track of days off and their class schedules was next to impossible. Letting the staff request time off and set their availability streamlined the process drastically. Since switching to When I Work my time spent scheduling has been greatly reduced. The mobile app is very helpful for my employees. The ability to designate positions is also very valuable. A large portion of my staff work in a child care setting so there are rules about qualifications necessary for each shift. I can designate which staff have which qualifications so that only eligible staff can be scheduled for a specific shift.

Cons

I don't believe I have any cons. Occasionally when they change or update something it will cause an issue. I contact their customer service and it is corrected immediately.

Response from When I Work

Hi Liz -

Thank you for this amazing 5 star review!

I'm so happy to hear that the features and options we offer meet many of your business needs and make your job easier!

Availability is one of my favorite features we offer since it helps managers get more time back and empowers employees to manage their time!

Thank you again for this great review!

Replied 19/4/2019
Sam
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Scheduling Entertainment

Schedule 30 to 40 shows a month across 12 performers is a lot to keep track of. WIW allows me to quickly assign performers to shows. The Notification to the Performers is great and the Reminder 2 hours or so before the Show is excellent...

At one point we were doing shows every weekend and were using the OPEN opportunity. I would publish the date and time the opens would be published. Performers would be able to pick the show they wanted based on thier schedule. Being able too publish OPEN shifts in 1 push was very easy to do. I would fill an entire month of shows in about 15 minutes ... VERY efficient.

Pros

The monthly view give me the opportunity to see all scheduled shows and the assigned performer for each. So when customer calls with a specific data and time, I can easily confirm the opening and assign a performer to the show.

Cons

The ability to schedule repeating monthly/weekly events. While "every week" is ok, it does not allow for more complex calendaring such: as every 3rd Wednesday in every month, or every other Monday through out the year. This was a feature in the ORIGINAL WIW from 18+ months ago. There was a small ICON (an elliptical arrow icon) in the "TIME" dialogue box. When clicked it would allow for such complex scheduling ... PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

Response from When I Work

Hi Sam,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! It's great to hear that your scheduling has been made more efficient through the use of OpenShifts. Thanks also for your feedback in regards to repeating shifts, we're always looking for ways to make When I Work more useful for our users.

Terra

Replied 9/5/2019
Rachel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/1/2018

Love When I Work. Easy to use, and the customer service is outstanding!

Being able to go paperless was the biggest benefit. Also, the ease of the software makes it easy for Supervisors to make schedules and track hours.

Pros

Love the ease of the software, super user-friendly. Also, like that it is easy for all generations to use. Love that all requests can be made online, helping to eliminate paper.

Cons

Would like to see more options for tracking employee hours as far as the reporting goes. Also, other features like tracking employees who work different positions, and being able to report on those hours. Also would like for it to track employee hours who no longer work with us anymore. Don't like that once the employee is removed from When I Work, all of their history is removed as well.

Response from When I Work

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for leaving us a great review! We appreciate hearing from you!

I can definitely see how more advanced reporting and export features could be of use to you and other users. I will be sure to pass this along as a suggestion to our development team.

In addition, you can view the schedules and timesheets for past users by pulling up a 'Schedule Export' or a 'Custom Timesheet Export' and setting the filter to 'All Employees' so your deleted users populate on the report.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at [email protected] and they will be happy to help with whatever you may need :)

Thanks again!

Kara
-When I Work Team

Replied 31/1/2018
Jeremy
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

When I Work does a great job @ scheduling basic & repetitive schedules & an ok job when it's...

Scheduling of our complexity is more or less possible with this software. It would be a huge headache otherwise.

Pros

It simplifies communication with staff and freelancers, pushing updates to them en masse. It is an attractive UI and the app functions pretty well. Support is responsive and communicative.

Cons

The permission levels need a lot of work. They are limited and global so you really don't have much control over who sees what. You can't copy a shift from one week to the next, this seems kind of basic, especially if an event spans multiple weeks it's inconvenient to have to build the shift twice. It would also be nice to have the ability for someone to view a schedule at a location other than the one they are scheduled at...for example, someone in one office wants to see if someone in another office is scheduled to be available or not without showing up in that locations schedule. Currently this is not possible.

Response from When I Work

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time to review When I Work! We are happy to hear that When I Work helps simply scheduling and communication for you and your team.

I will let my team know that you are interested in seeing more control over the When I Work permission levels, schedule views, and the copy shifts feature. Thanks so much for your feedback on this!

Adrian
When I Work Team

Replied 19/4/2018
Ken

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

When I Works works for me!

I do not have many employees on my schedule - only 10, but Incan whip up a schedule from scratch in 5-10 minutes.

Pros

It makes scheduling a simple task AND adds features like schedule templates open shift offering that are icing on the cake!
Customer support is responsive and very helpful.

Cons

I would really like a link to view an employee’s full availability directly from the weekly schedule. I have made a request, which was acknowledged in a very positive way. It hasn’t happened yet, though.

Response from When I Work

Hi Ken!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review When I Work.

That is amazing you are able to whip up a schedule in 5-10 minutes using When I Work. I agree that the OpenShift and Shift Template features make things easier too.

I can definitely understand wanting to see availability while scheduling and I wanted to make sure you know that availability for employees does show on the weekly schedule page in the triangles you see in the corners of the app. If nothing is there, it is assumed the employee is available.

Here's a link to our guide that explains more about seeing availability when scheduling:

Thanks again for your kind words. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email us at [email protected]

Cara
- When I Work Team

Replied 6/8/2018
Maija
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Good visual presentation of team schedules

The greatest benefit of When I Work is the visual presentation of the schedule. I can see at a glance who the scheduled manager on duty is thanks to the color-coding. I can also see when my teammates are scheduled so I know who might be available in the event I need to swap a shift with someone.

Pros

I like that I am able to see my schedule and the team schedule as they are posted. It's very handy to have a color-coded visual schedule as well, so I can see at a glance which team members are on which roles. I also like that I have the ability to enter time off and shift change requests. My team does not utilize the feature that allows open shifts to be posted so employees can pick up extra shifts as they become available, however I like that the option to do so is there.

Cons

I wish that I had the option to sort the team schedule by shift time so I could see who I will be working with by day at a glance, as opposed to scrolling through the list of scheduled team members sorted by name.

Response from When I Work

Hey Maija -

Thanks for taking a moment to provide a great review for us!

It's great to know that you're finding the app useful and the color coding is helpful for you! I appreciate the feedback on different ways to view the Schedule! We're always open to feedback and suggestions!

Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a review.

Replied 19/1/2020
Brice

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Managing time tracking and schedules for roughly 50 people

Easy Staff Scheduling

Pros

It is really easy to use and employees really like being able to see their schedule and coworker's schedules/time off and that they can be notified when something changes. Setup was really easy too, and so is the maintenance of positions and shifts - so much better than paper calendars and pencil.

Cons

The time tracking doesn't meet par - there are gaps in what you should be able to track - like someone on a 4-10 schedule needs to have different OT parameters than others ( not possible to do).. things like that.

Response from When I Work

Hey there, Brice!

My name is Julia. I'm with the When I Work Customer Care Team.

We wanted to personally thank you for leaving such an awesome review! It makes our day to see that the app has helped with a more efficient workflow.

I do understand how having the option to set individual overtime thresholds for employees would benefit you and your team. I've forwarded your inquiry on to our product team. They love receiving customer feedback and will surely appreciate this.

Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you and are grateful to have you as a member of our When I Work Community.

Julia
-When I Work Team

Replied 14/5/2018
Levi
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

So Helpful

Excelent, it is an extremely useful tool, before we had all of our schedules in an excel file and it made it really hard an complicated, but now with 'When I Work' it is all so much easier to understand and pick up and drop shifts.

Pros

I love the functions and ease of picking up shifts and getting to see the schedule for your workplace, the fact that you can see who you are working with and what days. I also love the chat for communication with you co-workers.

Cons

The thing I least liked about the software was that it sometimes lagged, while also can get confusing to see when there is shifts available, but besides that it was a great platform.

Response from When I Work

Hi Levi,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad that it's been helpful in seeing who you are working with and in communicating with coworkers.

Our apologies if you are experiencing lagging with the software. We would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to send us an email at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ with details on what you are experiencing, and we'd love to further assist.

Thanks again for the feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie

Replied 2/11/2019
Michaeal

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

This has saved me SO MUCH time in scheduling

Overall I am so thankful for this software. It has saved me so much time and effort in scheduling. We have a staff of almost 50 and used to hand write out schedules. Since discovering When I Work a few years back, I have been able to cut my time spent working on schedule down to a 1/4 of the time it used to take and i can write out a month of schedules at one time!

Pros

Easy to use. No need for paper schedules and paper requests. Easy to communicate with my team all at once. Easy to keep track of time off requests to make sure they do not get lost or forgotten. No one can claim they lost their schedule! Easy to enroll new employees and make schedule adjustments! I love that i can also print out hard copies to post in the office for everyone to see. The copy previous week feature is by far my favorite part. Not having to recreate a schedule each week is so nice!

Cons

I wish it was more mobile friendly for when i need to make changes on the go.

Response from When I Work

Hi Michael -

Thank you so much for providing such a great review! We're so happy to hear that using When I Work has saved you time and you've found it easy to use!

Replied 6/3/2019