Crisp Reviews

About Crisp

Crisp is a cloud-based helpdesk platform designed to help small to midsize enterprises improve communications with website visitors using personalized campaigns, live chat, and public status pages. The centralized platform lets...

Browse Crisp Reviews

Viktor
Viktor

Reviewed on 1/5/2019

Great live chat system, even better help docs

Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

Pros

Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

Cons

My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

Replied 2/5/2019
Simon
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Really great product

I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost.

The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available.

I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline.

I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Intercom and Zendesk Suite

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Crisp

Easier to use. Better features for my needs.
Fernando

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

Very good tool but it has many things to imprive

If they want to have more clients, I think that they should simplify the integrations with other tools. For example ActiveCampaign that's a real CRM but very expensive for email marketing and doesn't have direct integrations with WhatsApp, Instagram, etc

Pros

With Crisp, you can have email marketing, webchat, and chatbots on Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Telegram & WhatsApp so it simplifies the communication with a contact, but...

Cons

The CRM that they mention is not a CRM. Is a very limited contact list that has a lot of problems when you try to integrate it with Zapier, Integrately, etc. If you want to do some changes or integrations you will need to use code and they don't help you by saying that "is very easy" and the don't have any list of partners/developers to contract.

Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing Crisp

Delivery problems with Acumbamail

Acumbamail

Top Crisp Alternatives

Arnaud
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 19/11/2023

Crisp is THE best software to boost customer satisfaction

Overall, I'd say Crisp is the way to go if you're an early-stage startup or SMB. You'll have the quality of an enterprise product for a fraction of the price. The team is also exceptional, this is what makes the difference.

Pros

What I like the most about Crisp is that in 1 single platform, you can have a strong live-chat software and a helpdesk software that is easy to use. The team is very responsive and always pushing update. The platform is very stable and I never see major bugs in more than 2 years now.

Cons

At first it was the UI/UX of the live chat that was getting older but they nailed the updates on that. They pretty much have everything we need so it's hard to find weak spots on that one!

Savya
Savya

Reviewed on 29/8/2023

One of the best live chat tool for websites.

Crisp has made it so much easier to communicate with customers, and provide a much better way to handle them using the chat bot and chat triggers. It's also connects with different platforms like discord and messenger as well that has helped me communicate with customers in different ways. This tool is definitely one of the best live chat platform to use.

Pros

Crisp is very easy to setup and use in a website. I can send automated message to customers using chat bots, even when i'm offline. Crisp also integrates with other platforms like facebook and slack, allowing my team to converse with clients seamlessly.

Cons

The pricing is a bit costly, and having more visually customizable options would be great. It's also a bit tricky to setup the chat triggers, but we figured it out.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your kind review, we'll make sure to improve our product following your feedback :)

Replied 31/8/2023
Milly
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Crisp Online Chat

Overall, using Crisp to support our customers has proven to be beneficial.

Pros

It's easy to use.
Everything is well documented.
It is reliable to be up.

Cons

I really liked to engage in an online meeting with the Crisp support team due to some lingering questions that couldn't be resolved through the available online resources. Unfortunately, it appears that such personalized online sessions come at an additional cost.

Sayuj
Sayuj

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

The Perfect Live Chat Tool for Websites.

Pros

Crisp offers a great solution for customer management, with a simple and easy to use interface, seamless integrations between other several apps providing us more flexible options making it more convenient for customers to communicate with us as well.

Cons

It still is a bit tricky to set up the triggers, and it also would be great to have more customizable options for our live chat.

Response from Crisp

Hey there,

Thank you very much for this nice review about our website chat widget.

Regards,

Antoine

Replied 10/11/2023
Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/2/2020

Love this product! More features than other LiveChat products

I've used this on 5+ sites and recommended it to many clients. The free tier will do most of what you need, but some of the upgrade options are really worth the price. Great product!

Pros

- Great feature set, even on the free tier
- Excellent mobile app
- Integration with your favorite tools
- Advanced features like liveview for seeing your customers moving through your site live.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the message shown to users without having to upgrade to the paid tier. Besides that, the product is perfect.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your feedback :)

Replied 2/3/2020
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Crisp - Great Product

Pros

Been using Crisp for a few years and it has been excellent. Reliable, always new features released, and great support.

Cons

Nothing really. If there was a better integrated ticketing system that would be amazing.

Response from Crisp

Hey there,

thank you very much for this great review about Crisp Customer Support platform 🫶

Regards,

Antoine

Replied 10/11/2023
Colin
Colin

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Easy, quick, powerful

Pros

I like Crisp because you can manage different conversation with a lot of operators.
Notes, message editing, live assist, very customizable, quite cheap

Cons

The feature allowing you to see your interlocutor's screen is not that efficient, but useful
I miss integration with freshdesk

Response from Crisp

Hello and that you for your review!

Don't hesitate to to contact us about your issues with MagicBrowse so we can fix it

Replied 12/3/2018
Philipp
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

Non-expensive solution for support teams

Pros

Quite inexpensive pricing options comparing to competition. Reactive support.

Cons

Limited integration options and customisation.

Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Crisp

Mostly pricing and simplicity of implementation on the test phase of our project.

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Don't bother with Email Inbox

Pros

The Live Chat is great. However the package is more than just Live Chat. It is about having a unified inbox to centrally manage incoming messages be it social media, support emails, etc.

Cons

The email inbox functionality is a total fail as it is unable to render rich content / HTML emails. They appear in plain-text and are unreadable. Even the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL option does not fully work.

The main reason to use Crisp is a unified inbox. With regards to receiving emails through their inbox, they recommend it is especially useful to forward support type emails.

Well let me warn you, their email functionality is lacking!
It is not possible to view rich-content emails i.e. no HTML emails. It displays in the inbox as text which is unreadable.

Speaking to support they said the only option is to select the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL link.
However, even this does not work.

Support simply states:
"Just a heads up, that is how the message shows in some email providers. Our transcripts use latest email styling techniques, that may break rendering on older email clients, or those that are not up to latest standards."

WELL let me tell you... the email I am referring to is ACTUALLY one of THEIR marketing emails that can't display. In addition to 99% of all other emails.

And after I took it up with support again, the reply was they have too much on their plate:
"Our dev has noted this already but we cannot change this right away as we are having too much on our plate."

So do yourself a favour and don't bother with Crisp if you are hoping to use their unified inbox for email.

Zouhair
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma.

The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app.

The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

Pros

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

Cons

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Response from Crisp

Thank you Zouhair.

Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :)

Feel free to reach me at [email protected] to get a preview access.

Replied 8/10/2016
Nadia

Reviewed on 6/7/2023

Best software for a small startup!

Love the product!

Pros

Help Desk is my favorite part of the software as well as the additional easter eggs like the shortcuts etc. Chris from there team is also always supper responsive and a great help :-)

Cons

You can't filter between live chat and emails

Joan
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 8/1/2023

Features and Customer support are my best take

Overall, the features and customer support are also top-notch, with everything functioning efficiently and as it should be.

Pros

Crisp has a simple design with a "new conversation" button and a mobile app that is easy to use and runs smoothly.

Cons

The reporting feature needs to be improoved to ease the process of obtaining detailed statistics.

Olivier
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Xen Orchestra is using Crisp and we love it!

I was one of the first Crisp users. I really love the work they did and the progress they made for the last two years. The product is working well, we only had a few issues at a time that they quickly fixed in the following week.

PROS: Easy-to-use.

CONS: I really need an easier way to trigger the chatbox for some specific user behaviors.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO OTHER BUYERS: I suggest you join their Facebook group to get updates about the product and advice from the founders.

Julien

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Crisp is the best livechat plugin I found to talk with your customers

I am using Crisp on my personal blog (www.hackisition.com) and I can definitely tell how reliable the solution is. I benchmarked every existing live chat plugin and they are the bests on the market. They are easy-to-use and quick to implement. You should have a look and try it by yourself.

Pros

Reliable and easy-to-use.

Cons

I would love to have a better dashboard which would list every customer I have.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for the review.

Replied 4/10/2016
Joris

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

Crisp is on Eduvoices and we love them

We needed something simple when we started Eduvoices a few months ago. Crisp fits with our needs and we never thought about switching to another service. The user experience is fantastic. Your product helped us get a lot of valuable feedback from teachers so thanks guys.

Pros

The desktop application is perfect for our use.

Cons

I know that it is not on your roadmap but I would love to have an helpdesk integrated.

Response from Crisp

Thanks Joris. We really appreciate your feedback. We fixed the issue we had with our iOS application last week. You should redownload it. Everything is working now.

Replied 21/10/2016

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

User friendly

Pros

The UI is good. It makes it easy to add notes and search for histric conversations with clients. The mobile app makes it easier for me when I am travelling.

Cons

The load time is a little more than it should be. I get a notification on my mobile app, but to see it on the system, it takes time to load.

The notifications for mobile also work vice versa, Due to which sometimes I miss on chats.

Suzyo
Suzyo

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

The power of IM

Makes you look professional by giving your clients a platform to chat with them in real time

Pros

most of my clients like to use it to contact me via the website

Cons

the free version has very limited functionality

Lucas

Reviewed on 15/10/2016

Lucas from Deepress.io

We are a startup and we are using Crisp to collect early feedback. It is a tool that is very useful !

Pros

Lots of capabilities.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike. I would love to send emails from Crisp. Mailchimp could cost us a lot of money in a few months.

Response from Crisp

Hey Lucas, thanks for taking the time to add a review about Crisp. :)

Replied 15/10/2016
Anton
Anton
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

If you dont have money for online chat widget start with Crisp

Mostly needed it for visitors tracking and online chat communication with clients via desktop and mobile app. It did this job flawlessly.

Pros

It was ultra easy to set it up and make it work. Out of the box you have everything you need including translation. And if you have some startup project for which you dont want to spend a lot of money at the launch, Crisp is the right solution. It will get you going and then you can decide if you want to start paying for it.

Cons

Not all the elements of the chat widget are translatable

Replied 16/12/2021
Faizan
Faizan

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

helpdesk wouldn't approve my domain - thinks its a fake website

Cons

crap customer service, what an embarassment. after spending £99 [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from crisp tells me the document of registration that was issued to me by the government is fake and then he blocks me.

Vincentt

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

Perfect for my landing pages!

I use it all the time on my landing pages to communicate with the traffic coming from Facebook Ads. Crisp helped us close some customers for SchoolMouv. We love your tool.

Pros

Perfect to close customers. Especially if you are running advertising campaigns

Cons

Would love to see the referrer of the users I am talking with. Would help us to know where they are coming from.

Response from Crisp

Thanks a lot Vincent. That¿s a good idea. We will add a field inside the user profile to understand how he found about you. Coming in the next release!

Replied 21/10/2016

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Great experience and value for money

A great product and a great value for money

Pros

Clean and good experience, features you would expect, iteration on the product

Cons

Some settings aren't easy to find or understand, this part could simplified