Maximizer CRM Reviews

About Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM is a powerful solution specifically designed for sales. We understand the unique challenges faced by sales managers and sales teams. That's why we provide a game-changing alternative to complex CRM solutions and...

3.8

Tammy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 3/11/2018

Maximizer user review

We decided to stick with Maximizer and upgraded to the newest version mainly because it was an easier transition with the least amount of error is transferring all of our customer info. We also like the fact that it is a cloud based software so that we can access it from anywhere and no longer face the terror of losing all of our info if our computer were to crash.

Pros

I recently upgraded from a very old version and appreciate how easy the transition was and how similar they have kept the product.

Cons

There are a lot of upgraded features, which is great, but I find I definitely need to take the courses. Which is a great feature that they offer.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Maximizer makes my life better

Positive, but the more I use it the more I want more custom items. Maybe they exist and I don't know about them.

Pros

Search function and auto formatting of phone numbers etc. Keeps our contacts organized.

Cons

Lack of customization. Would like to add if else statements to enable/disable options based on earlier options. Would like more flexibility to create rules. I have to search for contacts with incorrect information on the regular

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Andrew,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us—we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve.

I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 15/2/2023
Brad

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Max CRM Review

Its ok. What really put me off is every time you need some assistance they turn it into a huge billable hour exercise. Talk about ripping off your customers.

Pros

The product out of the box works for what we need, I have the advisor template on mine and it still has the design on selling, and the sales process. This inst the focus of the average advisor. This does the basic features required. however it certainly isn't what it could be.

Cons

It doesn't have the ability to track products well. It took leads tab and renamed it opportunities and felt that was a improvement. it wasn't. We end up using a global note to record and track all items a client has with us.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Brad,

Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer. It's always great to hear feedback from our customers and gauge where we can improve.

If there is something we aren't doing well to fit into your workflow I would love to discuss.

I feel that you have had somewhat of an off-putting experience due to particular charges, perhaps changes in your software?

I would love to discuss and help design a workflow that benefits you.

Please reach out to: [email protected] and let them know you would like to discuss the set-up of your Maximizer CRM and we will get a Customer Success Manager on a call to discuss and plan a path forward.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Excel-to-Word Document Automation

Robert

Reviewed on 22/1/2024

Maximizer Review

Great pricing, ease of learning and ease of scalability.

Pros

Feature rich and ease of use and customization.

Cons

Some cloud featurs not available in mobile app.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Robert,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Star review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 16/2/2024
Sue Lynn

Incredible CRM!

Over the last few decades it has help improve my career because of the tracking and flexibility of the design. I couldn't recommend a better CRM.

Pros

The best feature is that you can design it to work best for your field, the user defined fields are very important in a specialty or unique business.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, I've been using this software for over 20 years! it's awesome!

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Sue Lynn,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with Maximizer over the past 20 years!

We're so happy that our fully customizable fields have made it easy for Maximizer to fit in with your business process.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive for many more years.

Brian

Long Time Maximizer User

I have looked at many different programs but Maximizer keeps winning the discussion for continued use. I have been using the program for 30 years now.

Pros

The easy interface is very intuitive and the integration with Microsoft Word and Outlookis flawless.

Cons

I wish that Maximizer had a better interface to use Outlook directly from the program

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

Maximizer is way easier to integrate into a daily routine. It does everything I need to keep up to date information on my clients.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Brian,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review and being a Maximizer customer for the last 30 years.

At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better, and we have several new updates and features coming up soon.

Looking forward to continuing to work with you for many more years!

Maximizer Team

JOE

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Always breaking down; constant problems and issues

Really tremendously disappointing. Little problems tend to be solved within 3 days but problems come monthly and there are constant problems and issues. Bigger problems have never been solved. Functionality sounds great but doesn't work in reality. I am stuck though so I have to keep fighting with them for repairs.

Pros

If it worked in reality there are some great potential management features - however it constantly breaks down - something as simple as recording birthdates creates ridiculous and tremendous issues. It just doesn't work well - I don't recommend it - once you are over to it you are stuck and although I have requested constant repair to some of the bigger issues nothing has been done.

Cons

At this stage it is just an expensive contact manger and note taking system - not much else works... Right now the system functionality is again down for me and it won't sync with my calendars that do work correctly like Calendly...

Jacob
Jacob
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

A good piece of CRM Software

Overall experience is quite positive from an administrator end, from a user perspective I have & have helped people who have had problems navigating and using Maximzier to its fullest potential when they are brand new to the platform.

Pros

Maximizer in comparison to some of it's competitors runs a very light & simplistic method of storing data. This is mainly in respect to have to act as the admin for the data, but Maximizer exports and imports quite nicely from most data subsets which makes maintaining data on a day to day that much easier.

Cons

The site is very dated (especially before the reskin of 2017), and this causes user intuitiveness of finding things were one expects them to be quite difficult. At this point it is a difficult process to properly bring the website into the 21st century, since a massive overhaul would leave many existing users lost.

Lisa

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Broken Promises

I spent a lot of time last year vetting CRMs for my company. I needed a product that myself and my account managers could use for both sales and client management. I was very very specific with Maximizer in what I needed from them. One MAJOR component was that I needed to have my client invoicing automated, and gave the Sales Rep from Maximizer the criteria for the development of the invoices. He said that he would take it to the development team and see if it was possible. He then emailed me and assured me that it would be no problem at all. Between the product initiation costs, training costs, and costs for 15 seats, I spent almost $12,000 to implement this software program. I'm locked in to a one year agreement. The purchase took place in December 2020 and almost 9 months later I still have not been able to do any client invoicing. They have my money but no support or follow up whatsoever. If I need something I need to initiate the call. This is no way to do business. As an example, three weeks ago we did a call with one of the trainers. He had absolutely no idea that Maximizer had agreed to create the invoice templates for us and was trying to train us on how to create the templates ourselves. When we explained this to him he said he'd get with the developers and get back to us. It's been 3 weeks and we've heard absolutely nothing from them. Beyond frustrating, and at this point I want my money back.

Pros

After using it for a while, I cannot find anything I like about it.

Cons

Finding data, TMI, too cluttered, company did not deliver the product they promised

Abel
Abel
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/9/2023

Avis maximiser crm

perfect software, intuitive and allows us to have access to information...but it would be better if it helped us to do better housekeeping

Pros

super software that is very intuitive to use also makes it easy to have useful information to communicate with a client

Cons

I have difficulty making households and people within households better.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Abel,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us—we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 16/2/2024
Craig

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

CRM - A need, not a want!

We were looking to consolidate our customers into one central location to understand our marketplace better, focus on their needs and wants, which would be accessible to the whole sales team. To turn data into high value information by tracking the opportunities the business attracts and managing prospect’s expectations to convert more opportunities into wins. We can now see in real time how all of our opportunities are progressing. We also have automated reports in our Dashboard module showing the business’s sales performance and pipeline, which allows us to focus on each individual opportunity without any being left unnurtured. We have now linked our CRM with Mailchimp to allow for focused marketing campaigns based on the data we add to the Address Book. We now have a clear sales process that can be tracked with clear ‘what’s next’ actions to implement.

Pros

We needed a solution to move away from paper / spreadsheets for our customer database and whilst all CRM packages do this Maximizer gave us the bespoke nature to take control and not have an out of the box solution. The opportunity module is by far my favourite feature as now I can provide the Board with snapshots of our entire pipeline, weighted or not, which sector / products and track each opportunity on their own merits and assign the time and resources to achievable projects.

Cons

Very busy main screen for some users and dashboard is a tad frustrating sometimes, Insights would be nice but that feature is too expensive.

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Good Overall Solution

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . .

The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection.

Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Ralph
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Long time stand alone user

I am a one man show and have been using several versions of Maximizer since the late 90's. For me, it was best when it was just on a local drive and did not have to be connected to the cloud. I don't need most of the latest features that keep getting added.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ease and speed of recalling a contact name and all of the past jobs history when searching a first or second name. I store all notes and contact information which is great for reviewing many years later as an anecdote reminder when my path crosses with an old contact again.

Cons

Since Version 10 which suited my needs, Maximizer has gone to the cloud which is dead slow at times and crashes 2-3 times per session requiring me to log out, then log back in. Too many feature creepers have been added that I don't need, don't want, and they have just slowed the system down at times to a crawl. Having to "renew" a license every couple of years to be able to continue using it is a pain for someone like me who has built a huge data base so am committed to have to stay.

Paulina

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

Maximizer Review

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

Doug
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

Longterm Maximizer Client

Started with DOS versions (1987), and have upgraded, and utilized this program every year!

Pros

I certainly can manage a few clients, however for enough suspects/customers to be successful, having a Customer Management System (Maximizer CRM) gives me a means to succeed.

Cons

Annual subscription vs previous versions (DOS and Windows) which I could purchase and use until I wanted to upgrade to the new version

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Doug,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Star review! We're delighted to hear that Maximizer has made a positive impact on your business. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process!

Replied 13/7/2023
ginette

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide.
Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Kelly
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

Max is great!

Since we have been a user of this product for MANY years, I think that speaks for itself. :)

Pros

Ease of morphing to our needs to keep us in the know about our daily routine, as well as the ability to source our data.

Cons

Inability to change color scheme, with that being such an easy remedy, wish that was a priority for Max.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Kelly,

We're delighted to hear that our customizable features have made it easy to adapt to your daily routine and we're also so pleased that you've been a customer for many years. We'd love to hear more about your experience and share your story with our community. Please reach out to us at [email protected].

Replied 28/7/2022
Sandi

Using for 20+ years!

Pros

The ability to see and share data is key and the live version allows it to be always up to date

Cons

The time zone for customer service is sometimes and issue because we are on the east coast. I also feel there is so much more we can be doing, but we don't know what we don't know.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Sandi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for being a Maximizer customer for over 20 years! We're delighted to hear that our shared address book functionality allows you to see and share key data.

Please reach out to our support team at [email protected]. The team can help find a solution for the issues relating to time zones and ensure that you are getting the most out of Maximizer.

We look forward to continuing to work with you for many more years.

Phil A

Reviewed on 6/2/2023

The Best

Excellent, I will continue to use in my next business adventures.

Pros

Over the 30+ years, I have used MaximizerThey always delivered more than I could have possibly wanted.Just excellent.

Cons

Sometimes it required, more set up than I had time to give it.But, I should have used more of what it had to give.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Phil,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us and for being a Maximizer customer for over 30 years!

Looking forward to helping your next business adventure thrive!

Replied 13/7/2023
Penney

Reviewed on 5/11/2018

Investor business review

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Flexible, but can be time consuming to set up

My overall experience has been good with Maximizer. Now that it is set up the way I want, I have little to complain about, but I would suggest that they should have a very basic initial set up, with users adding fields as needed. What I found was that there were 1000's of fields to choose your set up from, and I ended up deleting a lot of them just to reduce clutter.

Pros

The software allows you to build a very strong relationship management process for your clients. You can customize virtually everything, and there is very little you can't do with the software. It is unlikely you will have a need that it cannot meet.

Cons

The software does not come out of the box in a user friendly fashion. It also isn't intuitive to make changes, and in my experience it comes with too many pre-sets which feels overwhelming. It can take quite a long time to get things trimmed down to what you need, and then grow it from there. The dashboard features are also extremely ugly and I have not found much of a use for them.

Chuck
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Maximizer Review

I ended up going back to my old version of Maximizer as I found it a lot more effective and user friendly. I informed Maximizer that I was dong this and asked for someone to provide me with a copy of my information from the latest Maximizer system. This they would only do if I paid them additional money to do this. I also contacted technical support to explain my annoyance. No-one responded. So I sent an e-mail to the supervisor as shown below. I did not get any response back from them on that. I would not consider using Maximizer again. I had been a loyal customer for over 20 years.
Hello Supervisor,

Just wanted to pass on my comment. Your team are not responding to my last 2 e-mails. I do find that disappointing.
I have been a customer upgrading my programs as they came available for over 20 years.
I chose not to upgrade as I am not as happy with the latest cloud version of Maximizer.
I have gone back to using my older Maximizer CRM 12 that I found was better and easier to use for my needs.
Should I be forced to upgrade when my computer will need to be upgraded then your service response makes me question whether I will consider Maximizer.

Pros

I found it took too much time to get training on this system.

Cons

It was not an easy transition from my previous Maximizer. I found it difficult to use and even the technical support people could not always answer questions that I had.

Wilson

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Pros

Integration with Outlook for saving e-mails.

Cons

After a recent update, the system seems much slower and the reporting function does not always work correctly when I try to run reports on the entries of my direst reports.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Wilson,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you've enjoyed the Outlook integration.

I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address the challenges you are seeing after the latest update. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 27/10/2022
Jasmine

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Maximizer Overview

My overall experience has been amazing. If I have any problems your website is easy to navigate through to find help or even contacting maximize support has done wonders for me.

Pros

Navigation through the database is simple and easy. It has a lot of features that do not exist in CRM that are beneficial for advisors and their support staff. I really like the "Schedule an Action Plan". I have an appreciation for the online courses and webinars that Maximizer holds. I find something new about the system anytime I participate.

Cons

Sometimes it is very slow when I track any emails and update my contacts. It will freeze up and boot me out so I have to sig back in. Not too sure if this may be a connection problem or a problem with the system itself.