About QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks Time is a cloud-based time tracking solution that helps owners and managers keep track of employees in real-time from their web or mobile applications. It provides mobile time tracking for employees who either work...

4.8

Browse QuickBooks Time Reviews

6,101 of 6,101 reviews
Raghu
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Great tool for Payroll and Project tracking

Earlier we used to have return-type of sheets am. Most of the time, android forgot to login in to that particular book. Also, we didn't have much accuracy on this job costing. So after adding up QuickBooks time software, we no longer have this type of issue with accuracy.

Pros

It helps us to accurately manage for employees' time on both office and the Field. It exactly shares the employee location and timely things. Deccan simply open the app and press switch and select their site that they are moving. Even if they forgot the GPS track help us to get the data.

Cons

As of now there is no down site on this tool. Only one thing I would like to share these, if the program can actually character based on the mileage then it would be awesome.

Gaynor
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/1/2023

Small Business Success with QuickBooks Time

Awesome! QuickBooks Time has transformed my business.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software and its accessibility on my mobile.

Cons

If you are not clear on your business model it may have many features that are not necessary for a small business. I should have the option to remove what I don't use.

Timesheets.com and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

I found QuickBooks Time easier to use. When you are busy all day running a business you don't have a lot of time to learn new things. QuickBooks Time was implemented in no time at all.
Roxanne

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Simple product but needs an upgrade!

It's been okay - it works and is straight-forward, but the actual functionality of it could use an upgrade.

Pros

This software is super easy to use. It has a great mobile app, and makes it easy to edit, review, and manage employee timesheets if needed.

Cons

One pain point is that it logs me out of Quickbooks Online each time I log back into Quickbooks Time. It makes it difficult to accurately and efficiently record time for each client. The reports are also slightly confusing to customize and run.

Top QuickBooks Time Alternatives

Aninda

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Awesome HR Management Application

It was great and effective all through. However we didn't continue it further because of the hefty cost we incurred.

Pros

This is a full fledged HR Management Application covering end-to-end features. Using this app empowered HR department to be more effective and our employees/users got their work/service done at breeze with speed!

Cons

The price is a bit on the higher side and it gives you a burn if you've 500+ users using this application, which is what happened in our case. We have 600+ users using this.

Sage HR

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Xero's local product support was very very non-responsive!

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks seemed to have all the features that we required
Efezino
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Very Helpful

Overall, while QuickBooks offers a range of benefits and features, it is important for organizations to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements before committing to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks is an excellent software product that has helped my business in many ways. The user-friendly interface and robust features make it easy to manage and track our finances, from invoicing and bill payment to generating reports and analyzing data. The integration with other tools, such as our bank account and credit card, makes it simple to keep our financial information up-to-date and accurate. Additionally, the customer support team is always helpful and responsive, which has been a huge asset for our business. Overall, I would highly recommend QuickBooks to any business looking for a comprehensive and effective financial management solution.

Cons

While QuickBooks is a popular and effective financial management tool, it does have some limitations and potential drawbacks. Some of the potential cons of using QuickBooks include:Cost: QuickBooks can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets. The cost of the software, as well as any additional licenses or modules, can add up quickly.Complexity: QuickBooks is a comprehensive financial management tool that can be complex to set up and use, particularly for organizations that are not familiar with the software. This can be a barrier for some organizations, particularly those with limited IT resources.Integration: While QuickBooks integrates well with other financial tools and services, it may not be as compatible with non-financial systems and applications. This can make it difficult for organizations that use a mix of different software products to fully leverage the capabilities of QuickBooks.Customization: QuickBooks provides a wide range of features and tools, but it may not always be possible to customize the software to fit the unique needs of a particular organization. This can be a limitation for organizations that require specific features or functionality that are not available out-of-the-box.

Maz Roselyn

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

QuickBooks Time: A Comprehensive Review of its Features and Limitations

QuickBooks Time is a great option for small businesses and self-employed professionals who are looking for an easy-to-use time tracking and invoicing software. Its seamless integration with QuickBooks Online and user-friendly interface make it a great option for businesses that already use QuickBooks for accounting. However, for those who are looking for more detailed reporting options and customizations, it may not be the best fit.

Pros

User-friendly interface: The software is easy to navigate and has a clean, intuitive design.Time tracking: The time tracking feature is accurate and allows for easy tracking of billable hours.Expense tracking: The software makes it easy to track expenses, including the ability to take a photo of receipts.Invoicing: The invoicing feature allows you to create professional-looking invoices with minimal effort.Integration with QuickBooks Online: The software seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks Online, making it easy to sync data and manage accounting.

Cons

Limited reporting options: The software has limited reporting options, making it difficult to track detailed data over time.Limited customization options: The software has limited customization options, making it difficult to tailor the software to specific business needs.Limited integrations: The software only integrates with QuickBooks Online, which may be limiting for some businesses.

Cristian Jair
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

For software tracking

It's been useful for the little things that I've done (compare to what one user can do using the whole app).

Pros

I like that I can manage as many thing as I need with it. It gives me many tools that I can use for many purposes. I use it for school affairs.

Cons

I think it's too many tools in the display because it makes my phone run slow when there are many things I'm working with. Only that.

Beebole Project Time Tracking

For recommendations
Toni Lee
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Love Love Love this....

Pros

I love being able to track my design time with this easy software

Cons

The package cost for QB isn't free.. its fair but not free.

Tara

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

QuickBooks Time Features

Pros

The time features provide affordable task management to enhance business operations.

Cons

Expansion of features to embed into Quickbooks Pro for job costing analysis.

Victoria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/12/2022

Really usefull time tracking and scheduling program

I like this program and would definately recommend it but i wish it were still less costly than it is

Pros

Its very simple and easy to use as the administrator. Easy to share content anf schedules between myself, clients, and my rmployees. Organized, simple, and straightforward to use

Cons

I dont like the appearance and lack of options for the calendar and still feel. Its a bit expensive even though being one of the more affordable software options available.

Jessica

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

Pros

Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

Cons

I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

OfficeTools

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

LiquidPlanner was supposed to help with project management but it made the process, reporting, and timekeeping very cumbersome and more time-consuming. Plus, Tsheets now integrates with QBO which we use regularly. Just need the QBO integration with projects to be released officially.

LiquidPlanner

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Abacus and Cloud Servers...not sure about that.
Tom
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

Timekeeping in QuickBooks Time

It does save me a ton of time in tracking and payroll. It's also helped us out with determining accurate pricing for some of our services.

Pros

It integrates very well with the QBO platform, so if you're already using Quickbooks Online and Online Payroll, it's probably your best option. It's also pretty customizable, allowing it to be used for a variety of unique situations.

Cons

Intuit's customer support is useless. They're not empowered to do much of anything except tell you they can't help. At least that's been my experience. I did get good support during onboarding, but in general, if I call with an issue, they're mostly just hanging out on the phone with me while I more or less figure it out on my own.

Noura
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Good Software

We are still on a 30 day trial but we will be activating the software when the trial is up. It helps us understand how we are doing on our jobs by having the employees punch in and out at the specific jobs.

Pros

Payroll reports are easy - Manual time entries are easy - Allows you to job cost your jobs easily and helps you understand how your margins on your jobs are. Also like the geofencing option on the jobs.

Cons

User friendly to an extent. It is all pretty self explanatory, but I do spend some time trying to figure things out. I feel like I have used other software's that are more simple to use, but they don't integrate with QuickBooks and they are not as detailed nor do they job cost.

Paychex Flex

Time is a Servpro preferred vendor and was recommended by many Servpro Owners

TimeStation

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Seemed easier to integrate with QuickBooks and also was recommended by many
Brianna
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 8/9/2022

The Ease of Time

Great! Everything in once place, supper user friendly, and very detailed.

Pros

The ease of having everything in one place is extremely helpful! Having to swap between many platform leads to many human errors, naturally. Everything in a central location while still have the abilities of double checking time/bonus'/PTO it is extremely beneficial to myself as well as the managers of the departments who already have other platforms to keep track of for their own duties.

Cons

The system is relatively new so there are still glitches here and there. I am a very detailed person therefore I have caught glitches before they have been a large problem however there are few that have slipped through which can be very aggravating.

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Paysource did not offer a class tracking option which was needed due to audits and other grant/funding requirements.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks has our booking software and with that switch going smoothly, switching over payroll was the correct thing to do. Less platforms and less different style of reporting.
Alisa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 7/9/2019

TSheets Setup with CSR

CSR was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, did not hesitate to help me on all issues that I brought up.
He is an asset to your T-Sheet in all ways for the new user, and I never felt unable to ask a question or bring up an improvement that would help me in my business.
Of all the support reps his voice was clear and intelligible, not always the case with Apple, but made learning T-Sheets a pleasure. I had never used T-Sheets before but paid for it for a year, and with CSR's help I look forward to changing my way of time tracking. I certainly would wait for his assistance again in the future!

Pros

The flexibility of being able to see how your time is spent and easily move between projects. it is great to be portable with the use of my iPhone and iMac.
I like the different ways you can report your time and activities.

Cons

The main website is too hokey with plants incorporated with a slick iMac.
The colors are not compatible with the efficiency of the product. See Apple website and products.
You need to redesign to attract more designers and architects to your product.

Reviewed on 4/5/2017

Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!

organization and time savings are the two biggest benefits

Pros

Overall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!

Cons

the cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!

Stacia

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Tracking Time & Projects with TSheets

We just completed our first round of invoicing since using TSheets company wide and find that the project break down reporting have made the switch from another time clocking app to TSheets completely worth the transition. We look forward to further customizing and using TSheets for our company that best suit our needs.

Pros

So far we really like the project reporting and are looking forward to start using TSheets to help automatic invoicing in Quickbooks. I am in the office use the time clocking features from my computer and find it very easy to use. Of course bugs come with any new program you use whether on your end or the developers. The great thing about TSheets is the customer support - I have yet to have a bad experience and have made multiple phone calls or chat discussions.

Cons

So far the one glitch we wish was easier is adding Breaks. It would be super helpful to be able to add or edit your break time from the time sheet editor box. Customer support has acknowledged this and say they also run into this issue.

Connie
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 2/3/2017

Excellent Support and Service

I was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.

Pros

Anytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care!
The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.

Cons

Only thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.

Gennyfer

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) Is a Must Have

QuickBooks TIme makes my payrolls, job costing, and reports so much more accurate, efficient, and expedient. The time I save pays for the software over and over again. Not to mention, the customer service is stellar!!! Each and every time I have had to contact a representative for any reason, they have been some of the most friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service reps I have ever encountered with any company or product, ever. I cannot say enough good things about QuickBooks Time!

Pros

In the construction industry, you don't always have employees reporting to the office each day, they report directly to the job site. This makes it difficult at times, to know that they are actually reporting on time, this program eliminates any question of employee integrity regarding stolen time. It is also difficult to keep track of how much time is spent on each job, making the accuracy of job costing a problem. This software solves ALL of those issues. With GPS tracking, you can easily see that the employee was on site at the time that they clocked in. Also, rather than just being "on the clock", the software allows the employees to clock in specifically to the job that they are on and switch jobs mid-day if they go to multiple job sites, making job costing a breeze. This is so important in the construction industry!

Cons

The one and only feature I feel needs improvement is the tracking of mileage pay. It would be nice if the software could use its integrated GPS to track the number of miles between job sites in one day and translate that to a dollar amount of mileage pay due to the employee for the day. But, the amount of time the program saves me otherwise definitely off-sets the time I spend calculating mileage pay. So overall, it really is no big deal.

Cindy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

What a Time Saver!

It saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.

Pros

This app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!

Cons

So far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.

Dana

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!

Overall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!

Pros

This software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).

Cons

Reports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....

Time Tracker

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Easier to use and the customer support.
Tim

Reviewed on 16/2/2017

Blue Dog Exteriors

Overall I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well. There is learning curves to everything. So, it takes a bit of getting use to the format and reports. I used a paper system before so having a system available on my phone/laptop is beneficial. The gps tracking system has generally been a positive thing to know the where abouts of personnel. The sytem also keeps people honest on actual times of arrival and departure.
I tried a few other systems before TSheets and I found TSheets the easiest to understand when looking at the different reports and options. Some systems seemed to be written by programmers using terminology that was difficult to follow or undertsand. The words, descriptions and reports didn't make it easy without referencing a manual.

Pros

1) GPS tracking & Who's working features available at a glance
2) Employees can add notes to timesheets if they don't take lunch or forget to log in/out
3) Validation of hours and locations of employees
4) Summary of project hours by employee
5) Various reports available for payroll, project and employee
6) Easy for employees to use from Android or IPhones

Cons

I have not fully utilized TSheets so some of my Cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding.
1) I have set up Add Ons for clocking in and out. If employees clock in at 8:01 for example they will get paid starting at 8:15. If they clock out at 5:14 it will go back to 5:00. The problem is when they switch between projects they lose 15 min. Currently they notify me and I adjust accordingly.
2) There is a delay at times when people clock in/out and also with the GPS locations when looking at "who's working". Employees said they clocked out but "Who's working" says they are still clocked in. Sometimes I check the GPS and I don't see tracking and the employee says they haven't done anything to their phones. Not sure what to believe.
3) Payroll reports have actual hours worked - unpaid lunch has been subtracted. Tracking reports have unpaid lunch as hours total. Using the system and understanding the reports is important.
4) All the pricing is in USD so for Canadians exchange rates fluctuate so there is some risks

Hector

Reviewed on 25/4/2017

Never ever have I experienced such consistently awesome customer service. Customer rep just...

Knowing what employee is where does a dream come true. GPS tracking is one of the most useful features. Also, being able to produce reports by date, customer, employee, and any combination of those makes me significantly more effective at performing my job well.
The system also makes runny payroll a piece of cake. Add to that the ability to create custom fields for tracking mileage on vehicles and/or expenses and/or anything else I could ever think of!

Pros

Everything. First and foremost is the customer service; Unparalleled. Ease-of-use and interface are so simple, even 'non-tech-savvy' people will have no problems understanding basic functions.
Just moments ago, Customer rep helped me out by showing me some 'special buttons' that let me make changes without having to constantly ask the TSheets team for help!
I have never had a negative customer service experience with TSheets; if anything, service gets better and better as time goes on!

Cons

There are bugs in the app software whenever it gets updated, but that is something their tech team is always working hard to fix and stay on top of, so it's typically not a problem for very long.
...and I wish that I could manage two companies that could upload to two separate Quickbooks companies from the same TSheets account (but I know that's a lot to ask for).
It would also be great if notifications could be sent via text message without having to pay extra.

Matt

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

GREAT customer support and integration with my Quick Books accounting software for job costing!

We tried another time tracker tool prior to this and their mobile app was not good. It also made job costing impossible. With Tsheets my remote employee team is very happy with the application on their phone and I've been very impressed with the integration with QB and the usability of Tsheets online for time approvals and reporting.

Pros

Prior to starting my business, I was a project manager leading multi-million dollar projects for a global financial firm. I also was responsible for a large global team. As such, i know the value of having key metrics available to run my business. However, as a small business owner and smaller team at start up, i lack the time and resources that i previously had to build software to capture these. I did my research on capabilities and Tsheets provided exactly what i need to run my home repair business, as easy of use for a remote team and job costing were two top priorities. It also had to integrate with my accounting software (QB desktop premier). While the use and integration has been stellar, what i didn't anticipate was the amazing customer support team that Tsheets has. Being a business small business owner I'm rather quick and brief with my time, I'd like to get my questions answers and gain an understanding of the software without being transferred to 30 support specialists or being told to go to a website to read up how to do something. Reps at Tsheets were exceptional!!! They answered my questions and got me up and running in no time. While the tool is very intuitive, the few questions i did have on both Tsheets and QB they were able to answer and took the time to walk me through it. So far this tool and the support I've received has been invaluable to managing my business.

Cons

Given I'm a QB desktop user, the integration I'm assuming is a bit more clunky then with QB online, but I don't have any complaints.

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

The best I found for IT consultants

We like TSheets - tried a dozen other apps a few years back and it works and price is right for a small business. SUpport good but they never take on feedback or ideas - they give it lip-service but nothing ever gets developed from ideas - no idea pool or formal "wish list" or feature request system

Pros

Web based, works well with QBO, good app both ios and android. As IT consultants it does allow us to log all our interactions with clients (onsite or remote) and charge each a certain rate (various service items for each rate)

Cons

no native ipad app , cant overlap times, can start jobs in future, cant end jobs in future (eg round updown) - we work on many jobs at once, we realise you need security to stop staff form getting mixed up, but we own our company so we should be allowed to set start/stop times as we wish - make is an option for power users. QBO Does not bring in the START/STOP times into the invoice (it puts them into QBO but QBO does not put it into the decription field - need option to add start /stop times into description) We like to show our clients our start/stop times and have to manually put them into decriptions