About Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a learning management system (LMS), which helps schools and higher education institutions create games, interact with students via online sessions, streamline remote learning processes and track class progress via...

4.7
4.7

Browse Kahoot! Reviews

2,560 of 2,560 reviews
Supun

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that pin code. Players can give their answers using a smartphone or computer when the server is hosting the game. Result sheet can be obtained after finishing the game. This platform is widely used in our university to hold online quizzes on lecture times. I really like this because of the simplicity of the game and holding these types of quizzes saves our time lot. I recommend using this in small events because this can be a fantastic experience.

Pros

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after finishing the game, this helps lecturers as well. No time waste for correcting and marking answer sheets. Another good feature I saw is that the correct answer of each question will be shown after answering the question. Other than the correct answer, detailed information about the answers given from the community is shown with relevant number of choices for each answer with a bar graph. After the game we can see the top three players who scored most. Other rankings can be found through the result sheet. These features are really fascinating.

Cons

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again before confirming answer. Only multiple choice questions can be included into the question list. I think it will be more useful if they include more answering formats such as text answers. Sometimes one person that needs to play the game may not have any device to play. However these types of issues are very rare on these days since everyone have their own smartphone with good internet connection.

Moataz
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 4/1/2023

Experience the Fun of Learning with Kahoot!

Overall, I give Kahoot 4 stars out of 5. Despite its limitations, it is a great tool for educating and motivating students. It's easy to use and can be used to track progress and assign tasks. Also great for team building activities and can be used to teach multiple languages. The game is also available on his web and mobile his platforms, so you can easily access it from any device. The only drawbacks I find are that the customization options are very limited, and the game is very expensive. However, these drawbacks are minor and detract from the game's overall usefulness It's not a thing. So I highly recommend Kahoot to anyone looking for a fun, interactive and educational game.

Pros

The best thing about Kahoot is that it is extremely easy to use. It was very easy to create quizzes, discussions and surveys and share them with my students. It also allowed me to track progress and easily assign tasks. The game also allows you to customize questions and content to fit your student's curriculum and needs. It was also perfect for team building activities as it facilitates collaboration and communication. The game also has a nice user interface and is very interactive. It is also great for motivating students and making learning fun. I also liked the fact that it is available in multiple languages ​​so I can use it to teach multiple languages. Additionally, the game is available on both his web and mobile platforms, making it easy to access from any device.

Cons

The only downside I found with Kahoot is that it's pretty limited. There are only a few types of quizzes, discussions, and polls available, and customization options are fairly limited. The game also requires an internet connection. This can be a problem if you are teaching in an area with limited or no internet access. Also, the gameplay is very repetitive and can get boring after a while.Also, this game does not support audio and video content, so it is not suitable for language teaching with audio and video components. Lastly, the game is quite expensive, which may make it difficult for some to purchase.

Diane

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Kahoot in a middle school classroom

I am a teacher with no budget, except my own $, and little time to experiment in the school year. I have a tech background of 15 years as a developer, so I can figure things out quickly. When I can't figure them out quickly, I move on. There are a lot of good, free tools out there. My major complaint with Kahoot was the students can't see the questions on their screen, and so they often click on the wrong color when answering. I have a range of cognitive abilities in my public school, and having the question and answers on the screen allows students to stay with the work.

Pros

I liked Kahoot initially because it was a fast-paced way to start class. Students loved the competitive nature of the game and the leaderboard. The music was fun too. It used to be fairly easy to create or find new kahoots to use for math as well.

Cons

My new students who are mostly remote this year had only used kahoot, so that was their favorite game. I went back in to my account and tried to create some new kahoots. Here is what I found difficult: 1. I was bombarded with offers to upgrade. 2. I couldn't use most kahoots in the library because they had features that weren't available to me. 3. It seems whatever I was initially trying to do, I was blocked or invited to upgrade.

Top Kahoot! Alternatives

Dhanwanth

Reviewed on 25/12/2022

Kahoot: A Fun and Engaging Way to Assess Engagement and Learn

Overall, Kahoot is a popular and well-regarded game-based learning platform that can be a useful tool for educators and trainers looking to engage and motivate their students or employees. It should be used for quick learning and assessment as it doesn't have the most complex features to analyze user data.

Pros

Kahoot is a fun and engaging way to review and learn, which can make it more appealing to students than traditional methods of learning. The platform is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface, making it accessible to educators and students of all ages. Kahoot allows users to create and customize their own quizzes and games, which can help make learning more personalized and relevant. Kahoot can be used in a variety of settings, including classrooms, meetings, and events, making it a versatile tool for educators and trainers.

Cons

Kahoot requires an internet connection to use, which may be a limitation in some settings. The platform can be slow to load or experience performance issues. Kahoot is not always suitable for more advanced or complex learning content, as the focus is more on review and reinforcement rather than in-depth exploration.

Alicia
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 1/1/2023

Successful Way To Boost Audience Engagement

Overall, this is a great tool for educators, business owners, marketers, government bodies, etc. It can be used as an assessment tool or an engagement tool and it is well received by the public

Pros

The gamification that this software offers is fun and has been enjoyed by the users of my presentations. I love the features of being able to add polls and quizzes, it is perfect for a variety of functions!

Cons

Students are unable to change an answer if they hit the wrong one by accident and there is still time remaining in the countdown

Google Docs and Moodle LMS

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

The best learning game!

My students really like it and I use it all the time for quizzes.

Pros

It lets me check the knowledge of my students in a fun interactive way.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find al ready made Kahoots, either searching by user or name of the game.

Rashi
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Kahoot! is an interactive learning platform that allows users to create and participate in...

I highly recommend Kahoot! for anyone looking to add some interactivity and fun to their lessons. The platform is easy to use and offers a wide range of customization options, making it easy for educators to create quizzes and surveys that are tailored to their specific needs. The game-based elements, such as competition and points, make learning more engaging and enjoyable for students. Additionally, the ability to work in teams encourages collaboration and teamwork. Overall, Kahoot! is a great tool for educators looking to add some excitement to their lessons and keep students engaged.

Pros

Easy to use: Kahoot! is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for anyone to create and participate in quizzes and surveys.Engaging: Kahoot! utilizes game-based elements such as competition and points to make learning more fun and engaging for students.Collaborative: Kahoot! allows students to work together in teams, encouraging collaboration and teamwork.Customizable: Kahoot! offers a wide range of customization options, allowing users to create quizzes and surveys that are tailored to their specific needs.

Cons

Limited functionality: While Kahoot! is great for creating and participating in quizzes and surveys, it does not offer a wide range of features for more in-depth learning or assessments.

Angela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/1/2023

Class Gone WIld

Kahoot has made me even enjoy taking quizes again, it takes very little time to create homework for my students. Even when do they enjoy it so much they as for it.

Pros

Think about getting Kahoot for your kids to learn today, its worth it. So much fun in the questions. Free educational filled learning for all ages. Simple yet satisfying. This learning platform keeps children wanting to learn.

Cons

The simple quizes and multipual choice are not hard enuff.

Micalaine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2/1/2023

Interactive Learning Tool!

I train adults with shorter attention spans than children and I have managed by using kahoot over the last few years to keep them very entertained and involved in their learning and I think that is the greatest tool as a trainer because it makes my job easier.

Pros

I love that kahoot allows me to administer creative and interactive tests and quizzes to multiple people at once. It does all of the work for you. It tracks and tallies the scores and gives you the information at the end of the test and even in real time.

Cons

There hasn't been a feature with kahoot just yet that I haven't been absolutely satisfied with. I think it would be pretty hard to go wrong with all the great features and the great platform that they have already.

Fiona

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Amazing tool for student motivation and engagment!

Kahoot is great! It is easy to use for both students and teachers. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

Kahoot is easy to use. Educators can collaborate. There are amazing features to gamify student learning. Well worth paying for the Pro Education edition.

Cons

The free version can be limited, can be challenging to set up student accounts so students can build their own kahoots and collaborate with teachers....

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

Kahoot Explored

Kahoot has brought listener response to the next level as users are hooked with its interactive display and game mode setting. Users and administrators love it because it gives instant feedback from listeners.

Pros

Kahoot is a highly interactive way to assess knowledge using a game format. It brings out excitement with its users as the users feel they are playing a game rather than reviewing essential material. It is very easy to use, and allows the users to get immediate responses and feedback from their intended audience. The software allows the user to build a question and offer four possible answers. the user can assign a certain amount of time to each question. Students, or users get to earn points based on their correct answers and the speed at which they answered it.

Cons

There is not o function to measure open response questions. The software is limited to only multiple choice or true and false. Also, sometimes those interacting with it aim for speed over right answers.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

Students Love Kahoot!

Students absolutely love Kahoot! Above any other study games or activities I would come up with, students loved Kahoot the most. I never really understood it because it just seems like a timed quiz to me, but hey, if it works it works!

Pros

Kahoot is very easy to setup, save, and modify preexisting ones. I personally never used other peoples kahoots but I did reuse my own kahoots over the couple year period I was teaching. This made it very easy to on-the-fly come up with a great study or knowledge-check activity.

Cons

Everyone seems to love the music but I find it quite annoying. I also wish there was a "force user sign in" option where students could just sign in with their school information including their name instead of either allowing them to come up with their own "names" which often lead to inappropriate names, or forcing them to use the random name generator which causes many arguments and students wanting to keep randomizing it until they got something they liked. It wouldn't need to include their full name, just a prompt for first name and last initial.

ROHIT

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

FOR QUIZ USE KAHOOT

Overall experience is good ,make learning awesome

Pros

Very easy to make quizzes, quiz are very engaging, questions are very relevant

Cons

Software is very slow, require a high capacity RAM to load

Google Forms

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

I found this more engaging, we can keep track of students remotely, Customer Support is very easy.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a fantastic way to engage every single student - even remotely. Make Remote work more engaging

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Easy to Use

It works well for educational settings and you can't beat free! I prefer other products for a more professional look (but they are limited to 40 responses for free) and use another similar product instead now due to answer choices appearing on student devices and ability to create lessons.

Pros

Kahoot is easy for anyone to use and set up everything from Review sessions to birthday quizzes.

Cons

Having to view the choices on main screen and then select them on personal devices was awkward.

Quizizz

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Free plan number of responses

Poll Everywhere

I didn't.
HARSIMRAN
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

Kahoot Review

Overall Kahoot is a very useful software. I would definitely recommend to anyone try to teach an audience that is Grade 12 or younger to any grade that can understand the concept of a quiz. This is very useful for a teacher who is trying to engage the students more because it has a lot of visuals and sounds that help with that. It could use some minor fixes but overall it's a great software especially for teaching and making quizzes fun and killing time by exploring the countless trivia from all the different categories to chose from.

Pros

This software is very useful for teaching and learning. It's a fun way to learn and teach. My teachers have used it plenty of times in past for quizzes and to just have fun with the class. This software makes it easy and fun to do quizzes, especially to a younger audience (Grade 2 - Grade 12). There are plenty of quizzes to chose from and there are a lot of different categories as well. You can also make your own quiz and customize to your liking all you want from how much time the students have to answer the question and to the visuals you would like to add etc. You can also add your own music as well. It is very useful in the field of education.

Cons

This software could be somewhat of a challenge for a teacher who is new to technology meaning the user interface could use a bit of a touch up to make it easier for the user to host a quiz. Another con I have noticed throughout my several years of use of this software is that it is very easy to disrupt a quiz by adding bots to your session that can range from having inappropriate nicknames to simply crashing your session due to the sheer size of users in the sessions. This could be prevented by some sort of security check or captcha to not allow any bots to get through.

Shane

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Educator - middle school science and Instructional Technology Facilitator

Pros

Kahoot is definitely a fun way to engage your kids in questions that relate to your content. It's easy and quick to use. There's a database with tons of question sets created by other teachers, and it's simple to access these sets and use that game in your class. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also create your own which takes very little time. It's easy for students to get into the game - no hoops to jump through. It's also a reliable webpage and interface. I've never had students stalled from accessing their website, so that's definitely helpful. Kahoot also provides you with formative data. Obviously, you wouldn't use the scores as a test grade, but it gives you an idea about student strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in knowledge. You can then use this information moving forward. The environment that's created in your class is just great, but you use it wisely. You can't play Kahoot right before kids are expected to walk quietly in the hallway or read quietly and independently. :)

Cons

Due to the game-like environment it creates, you can't extensively rely on the data gathered from the assessment. Nor can you track individual growth over periods of time. But there are other tools designed for that, so just use Kahoot appropriately.

Kelsie

Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Go-To Lesson Activity!

I used Kahoot at least one time each lesson to review vocabulary words, complete fill-in-the-blank questions, and review cultural concepts presented in the lesson. I use the results of this fun quiz-game activity to determine wether the students have mastered key concepts of the lesson or not and I make decisions on future lessons based on that data.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate as a teacher and it's even more intuitive for students. You are able to create your own interactive quiz games to fit your lesson plans, or you can search for games already made by other teachers on the same topic. I have taken advantage of that feature several times when I was lesson planning on a time crunch. You are also able to use fun pictures and the software plays fun game-show music that really contributes to a fun learning environment. Another amazing feature Kahoot offers is an option to look through the results of the quiz game when it is over in order to determine which students have mastered certain concepts and which still need more practice. It helps me greatly with the pacing of my lessons.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that students are allowed to chose their own name. I do like that students are given that freedom, but not all students chose the most appropriate names. So, I would love to see an "assigned name" option for classes that may not handle the freedom to chose their own name as well as others.

Gabriela
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

Kahoot!

My overall experience with Kahoot is always amazing! Everytime I use it I always do better on my exams, which improves my overall grade in the class! I highly recommend Kahoot and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

A feature that I love about Kahoot is that not everything has to be a competition, this software can be broken down into groups, which is super helpful. This software is really easy to use and I also love that my grades has been improving with this because my professor uses Kahoot to review before an exam, which helps me do better during the exams! I absolutely love this so much!

Cons

One feature I hope to improve in the future is that Kahoot needs Wifi in order to participate, but all schools usually have Wifi so It does not bother me at all. Also, it is understandable that this sotware needs wifi. I still love using this and always recommend this to all my professors when using a software to review exams.

Linda

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Great formative assessment!

As a teacher and corporate trainer, I enjoy using this product because my students enjoy participating in it and I get immediate feedback regarding student understanding. I can adjust my lesson plans based on student responses. Kahoot games are also useful as a pre-test or review.

Pros

Kahoot is a great tool for teachers and trainers to use in the classroom to assess knowledge and check understanding. Students can use any mobile device to respond to multiple choice questions. What I like is that they don't have to download app to use it. This activity is fun in all sorts of educational environments from the traditional classroom to corporate training. The "team" mode helps students to collaborate on their answers.

Cons

I don't like the discussion feature because it is still a multiple answer choice for the student. I would like it if the students were able to add an original answer and the class could view the responses to begin a class discussion.

Rafael
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 10/7/2021

A great quiz tool

Overall, my experience with Kahoot! is good and it is my favorite platform to host quizzes for my friends and family!
Despite the 10-player limit, the features of Kahoot! are endless and it has a lot of potential.
The overall experience is great, both as a user and as creator.
The platform is pretty intuitive and easy to use. I can easily recommend it to anyone!

Pros

What I like the most about Kahoot! is its ease to use and the practical User Interface (UI). As a user, I enjoy the quizzes hosted on this software, because they are both fun and pedagogic.
There are also a lot of features on the app I really appreciate, such as the library of played kahoots and their reports, the possibility to challenge other players and the emoticons are also a great add-on.
As a creator, it is very easy, intuitive and fast to create a quiz and there are a lot of features and options to select when doing so.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the 10-player limit on the free version of Kahoot.
I think it is a very low player limit, even to host a quiz for my peers and closed family.
Other than that, I have no other negative point to mention.
I also never faced any problem whatsoever with this software, neither did I need to contact its support team.

Reviewed on 13/8/2022

Great for educational learning

Great platform where one can easily make a Kahoot to play or use an existing Kahoot. I would recommend it to teachers and students who want to make studying a bit more fun!

Pros

The quick paced and catchy music keeps players interested in playing and hopefully winning the game. I feel like the score count after each question motivates students/players to complete their part in studying. The process of making a Kahoot! is very simple and students can make kahoots to share and play with each other. Kahoot! is a great way for students to discover gaps in their knowledge when studying for a test. They can note down which questions they have missed and at a later date go back and review those questions.
In addition, there are already a ton of Kahoots! made on all kinds of topics (science, history, english, math, languages, hobbies) so if a user didn't have enough time to make a Kahoot, they could use one that has already been made.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Kahoot!! Growing up, my teachers have always used it for my classes and as I have students of my own, I like to create Kahoots or use pre-made Kahoots as a fun way or learning for the students!

SANJAY

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Best Gamified Learning Platform

I have done 10+ Events with Kahoot, just to make the event more interactive by making the live Quiz game, and every time it added a lot of value to my session. I haven't explored the new features but still the Quiz on is my favorite and the customer support is really great.

Pros

The best platform to make learning fun, Especially the Quiz sections. The level of customization you can do on the platform is really great. This is the major feature I like. Kahoot+ & Drops is an amazing way to do collaborate and learn a new language. Can use this for training in the institution very effectively using Kahoot.

Cons

When comes to subscription it's bit expensive, and loading takes time, would prefer a fast loading mostly. Though you can do most of the customization free version limits users in trying the new features. The new product update blog is great but would prefer step by step instructions.

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Redefining the way to learn and teach

I started using it as part of the activities in one of my schools and then I became part of the editors so I started using Kahhot to design lessons and it was fantastic.

Pros

Everything about Kahoot is outstanding, I dont know way it wasn´t here earlier!

Cons

Kids might not want to go back to regular activities after Kahoot

Quizizz

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Because it has better music

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Because is way more fun!
Shayna
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Makes Learning More Engaging for Students and Colleagues Alike

Kahoot! is a great tool that educators at all levels can use to increase engagement and invite full participation from their classes. The spirit of friendly competition ensures that every stays involved, and the data is helpful for assessing which students are understanding a concept and who needs additional help. It's not hard to create custom Kahoot! sessions and is relatively easy for most students with access to basic technology to use. I highly recommend incorporating Kahoot! for assessments, engagement and review in the classroom.

Pros

I love that Kahoot! is an engaging way to liven up lessons for my students as well as professional development for colleagues. Watching the responses helps me assess understanding and change course if necessary to ensure all learners stay in the loop. Incorporating any kind of technology is generally enthusiastically welcomed by today's students, and Kahoot! offers a simple and effective format for technology-based lesson design.

Cons

My only concern is that there is always that one person in every group who can't even dial a landline phone, let alone use an app or website to respond to questions in real time. They get frustrated when they can't participate in a Kahoot! activity. That's the only drawback I have encountered.