KidKare Food Program Reviews

4.7

4.7

About KidKare Food Program

Kidkare is a cloud-based childcare management solution designed to help daycare centers and sponsors manage operations related to meal planning, admissions and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) claim processing. Features...

Browse KidKare Food Program Reviews

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Great way to save paper!

Not having a ton of paper claims to keep and store has been extremely helpful. I log in everyday to enter my meals and it's a lot faster as I can type faster then I can write!

Pros

I like that it's so easy to use and go back to check your work. I'd been doing paper claims for 18 yrs and finally went to KidKare last year and wondered why I waited so long

Cons

I haven't come across anything yet that has frustrated me about this software.

Sandra

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer

This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Pros

Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

Joseph

Reviewed on 22/1/2018

Terrible in every single way.

Pros

It's almost better than nothing. But not quite. Due to an unfortunate government contract, I am required to use this system. I was previously using pen and paper to report childcare attendance and meals. This is astoundingly worse than that.

Cons

Terrible user interface. Updates are slow and sloppy, leaving numerous errors for the user to fix. Server gets bogged down. Too much personal information is required for children and their families. Menus and functions are confusing and poorly designed. There is nothing good or useful about this system at all in any way and the creator should feel bad about himself. He did a bad thing and he should feel bad.

Top KidKare Food Program Alternatives

Wanda

Sunshine Kids

Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Pros

Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Cons

Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

Tamara

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

KidKare

Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Cons

I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

Marlene
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Pros

When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Cons

The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Amber

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Not a 1 stop shop

Only positive of Kidkare for me is I do not have to mail in my Food program paperwork it can all be done online. Otherwise Kidkare is not useful.

Pros

Aligning with the food program is a positive and convenient part of the software.

Cons

It's doesn't align with any other state standards: Paperwork, assessments, no uploading, loggin of daily activities, no parent/teacher communication, just billing/accounting & food program alignment. It needs to go much further to be comparable to others.

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

KidKare.com

Pros

I'm completely computer illiterate!! I have no problem entering all of my information daily. It's super easy to follow and there's always help a phone call away.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is that you can't enter information the next day without assistance. Some days are so difficult to do everything required for life and the time is up to enter your meals. Very stressful.

Seth
Seth

Reviewed on 19/9/2019

KidKare is the way to go

Overall, I have always had an enjoyable and smooth experience with this software.

Pros

This particular software was very easy to use. It is quite intricate and instructional as well as enjoyable to use.

Cons

There was nothing that I did not like with regard to this particular software. I enjoy its simplicity.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 22/3/2019

My children

Pros

I love that they put what my children have eaten and how there day was. I love I can pay them directly through kidkare. It is wonderful

Cons

The only thing was that was kinda confusing the first time I got on the site

Sheila

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

KidKare

It is very easy to keep track of all meals served. It is helpful in keeping a count of days that kids come and the meals they are served. The reports allow you to see a child's attendance at a single glance.

Pros

It is not a cluttered program. Not too many items on each window. Easy to see what you are looking for.
Very easy to put in meals and attendance.

Cons

You have to use military time for PM or put pm after each entry. Ok as I know military time. Not so good for others.
Also in the infant menu you have to click twice to put in food name or number. In the non infant portion, the pointer goes straight to the line to put in food name/number.

It is not possible to go straight back and forth between meals served and child's in/out time. This would be nice to check to see if you put a child in or forgot. Not too big a deal but you do have to go out to a different window and then back again to the previous page you were using

Mei
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Making my work so easy

The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pros

Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Cons

None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

Danielle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

KidKare Is Worth It

My overall experience is good, I have been using kidkare for @ years now and it makes logging food and printing reports so much easier. It is easier to renew children or add new children.

Pros

I like the fact that I can log my whole day from my phone. It is nice if you forget to log during the day, you have the ability to log at any time.

Cons

every once in a while it takes a long time to long on or boots you off for no apparent reason.

Heather

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

KidKare Review

Pros

I like that the program is always available. Sometimes I'm so busy and I cant get to the computer right away, so I jot things down and log in later. The program is pretty easy to navigate and self explanatory.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike about the software. I don't like how the rules and laws keep changing, but it has nothing to do with KidKare.

Tamara
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

What a time saver

Pros

KidKare has cut the time spent entering our childcare's daily food count. Love all the features and the fact it works on any device.

Cons

This may only be on my phone, but it is frustrating that everytime I click on a food category my keyboard pops up; blocking the list. So, I have to close the keyboard out before I can select a food item.

Dana

Great Software

Love It!!!!

Pros

I really enjoy how fast and easy you can work with the app on any device. I have never had any difficulties with the software and SWHD can fix any issue that I have had in the past. I highly recommend this software to providers.

Cons

Time to Time the software will run slow due to high usage but nothing major.

Kristin

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

KidKare

We have used other programs and this is by far the easiest to use, and accurate. With the ability to run reports we can see any issues or concerns long before they become an issue. We also love the fact that we can track and run reports of our choosing anytime. It is also super simple to use and keep up on all our daily tasks!

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall the easiest system we have used, We don't use all the options at this time. I think for the attendance, reports, food tracking are all amazing. Very minor issues if any!

Cons

You can't always see the drop down boxes options. To have a scroll option would be great and sometimes the words used don't match what I am putting in.

Patricia

Reviewed on 29/6/2018

I like being able to go to the computer and everything I need is always at my fingertips!!

Pros

I like that the kids kare program is so easy to navigate and that it has everything we need whenever we need it.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. Maybe I wish there were more options in the pre selected groups! That helps when I make my weekly menus. Other than that you're doing a good job!

Shannon

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

so easy to use and love doing it all on line

Pros

It really is easy to use and you can do everything on line rather than doing paper menus. And I love that I don't have to purchase a program to use it with my iMac anymore.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I don't like that I have to check in the kids but that isn't a software problem.

ANGELA

The Best Ever

I love KidKare because it alleviate paper and help with bookkeeping, it help with menu preparations and help me to create healthy meals for the children.

Pros

This software is convenient and save me time that I can spend with the kids.

Cons

This software often causes errors that causes reduction and delays in payments

Kim
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent Resource

It has been an excellent business saver time and money wise. I am so grateful for the wonderful resource it has been to my large home daycare. Thank you.

Pros

No cost for organizing your daily meals. It is so simple to use and takes very little time.

Cons

Having to check the children in for the first meal.

Beata

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Curiosity

I haves good experience with kick are so far.

Pros

That. Most or all the information the providers need are here to use. Also is very convenient.

Cons

The fact that we have to put in the information on the same day, not giving the option to do it later on especially when we are too busy.

Adriane

Reviewed on 1/1/2019

GREAT SERVICE

It is the best program by far. Not time consuming and easy to use. My best features is the access to the children file and you can go back and forth in the attendance.

Pros

The software is very Easy to access and user friendly for any one.

Cons

daily attendance unable to print menu plan for the month

Janet

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Happy

I love that I can grab my iPhone and enter the meals and attendance instead of getting on my computer and having to do it.

Pros

The convenience of being able to use my iPhone to do most everything in the program

Cons

Sometimes it’s slow or shut down and your not able to get in.

Stacey
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

I like using KidKare!

It really has helped me organize my food planning.

Pros

The overall ease and organization is brilliant.

Cons

When enrolling a new student, I can't go back and change certain things. I have to get it right the first time. I don't always get it right the first time.