About Google Contacts

Google Contacts is a cloud-based solution that allows enterprises to store and manage contacts in a built-in directory. Professionals can create/import new contacts with details such as mailing address, phone number or directory...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Contacts Reviews

Reviewed on 1/5/2021

Not impermeable but at always present

Privacy be damned...I'd rather have my contacts secured, safe in the Google-sphered every SINGLE time I've needed them, wanted them, looked for them, or lost them. They're never leaving you alone now, and they will be "openly" deceitful about it, but at least you have 971 more people to complain to that about!

Pros

Google makes phone switches, losses, steals, or the panic the second you drop your phone on to the hard sidewalk (it's never over the couch) a thing of the past...well at least as far as data backups are concerned. Even when I wasn't prepared to have a phone "die" on me, Google's contacts always *always* have made the switch with me, and usually before me, and usually without my help. It's a huge relief to know my 971 contacts are safely backed up, considering I don't know or remember who half of them are anymore, but at least thanks to the ease and functionality of Google, I can keep those numbers until I want to kick em to the curb *but not literally speaking this time!

Cons

The software is so invasive and shady about their privacy and permissions, they make everything seem up front with their brightly colored and long worded explanations that are 13 layers of inception deep, but getting to ALL the places you need to in order to turn off/change some of the privacy features is a really hidden hiccup.

Yaco
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 24/5/2021

You can be sure your contacts are safe and ready to go

I have used it for several projects and teams, and it has worked wonderfully.

Pros

The speed and quality of the service. Google servers are super quick and reliable to store sensitive information. With Google contacts I can be sure all my team has all the data needed to contact a client

Cons

I didn't like the design on desktop. On the apps it feels way better than the desktop version.

Rishabh

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

Reveiw that help while using Google contacts

Pros

The Google contact is one of the best way to arrange all your contacts in organised manner and the contact can also sync with Google account so if we change our device then only with Gmail I'd we can get all our contacts. We can merge duplicate contacts, and the search feature is also very fast and optimised.

Cons

The Google contact have no feature of grouping the contact, and also it does not hide incomplete numbers, sometimes it lags, and the other thing is that it need proper internet connection to save our contact, also if we share contacts books to other then sometimes some contacts are missing, overall the software is good.

Top Google Contacts Alternatives

Shared Contacts for Gmail

Google Calendar

Jessie

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

A smart and sure way of keeping contacts.

Pros

It has good options for managing contacts. It allows the copying or moving of contacts from one account to another with no hustle.Favorite contacts can be starred and put closer, to ease the burden of having to search for contact each time you want to call them.The app allows you to create labels for groups of contacts with similar interests, like family and friends, church members, classmates, or any other. It is a sure way to keep your contacts organized.You can customize the app to show a list of contacts from multiple accounts or a single account only.It collaborates well with other communication apps, where you can do extra, like sending a message on Telegram or making a video call on Google Meet.It handles Text Messages with customized notifications for each contact and a search feature for the text messages received.If one contact was unintentionally saved more than once, the app fixes this by merging the contacts into one, keeping all the important details.

Cons

The user interface does not look any more appealing than apps of a similar kind.

Oluwatobiloba
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 3/1/2023

Goggle Contacts Reviews

It is simple and easy to use.

Pros

Goggle contacts enables me to save thousands of contacts on cloud storage both mobile number and email address.

Cons

I have not experience any difficulty using goggle contacts.

Aaron

GOOGLE CONTACTS from MY P.O.V

Pros

It's super easy to add and sort contacts between devices and accounts

Cons

Having this question about the app in this review :p

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

Dont lose your contacts

Pros

With the developing technology, it is now very easy to save the numbers of hundreds of people instead of asking for their business cards. It's actually very easy to lose them. The phone may be corrupted or lost, but with this app you will recover your numbers very easily. very easy to use.

Cons

sometimes it loads slowly with the connection, but its progress work completely properly.

July

no fee contact management

Pros

the best part of this and all google software is that it links to your 1 google account, and works with your gmail.

Cons

I don't know of any cons in this software

Tayler
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Straightforward and easy to use!

Pros

This is a very straightforward and easy to use contact management software!

Cons

Nothing at all, it works exactly as expected!

Rachel
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Intact your contact details

Google contacts is very good. It saves time as I organized my contact list. From the web / email address, mobile no

Pros

I can manually store or copy paste all my important address, etc.

Cons

Actually nothing, I am satisfied with the features.

Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 21/3/2021

Great Software for Organizing Your Contacts!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the layout of the screen on which all of one's contacts can be found, which ultimately allows for a simple and efficient search for a piece of contact information when it is needed. This software serves as an excellent tool in terms of being able to save important phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and the like. What I also very much like about this software is that a user is able to sync his or her contact information from their smartphone, for instance, onto the Google cloud, which would in turn allow that individual to keep their vital contact information safe in case their smartphone, tablet, or similar device gets lost. Once that individual gets a new device, he or she would be able to obtain their entire contact list and sync it to the new device from the Google cloud, as long as all of the contact information was saved beforehand. As such, I would undoubtedly recommend this software to anyone who has an important contact list and is interested in saving it in the cloud such that it would never get lost.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I do not like about this software due to the fact that it is about to carry out all of its expected functionalities in a consistent manner without any glitches, at least in my experience using it for quite a while now. All this software is made to do is to store contact information, and it does that task exceptionally well, even more so that other alternatives such as the typical contacts app on a standard smartphone, which in most cases would only store that information locally, instead of being stored on the cloud. All of this reasoning is why I have not much to report on the negative front in regards to this particular software.

Mona
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

My go-to contact organization system

Have used it for years, and have no complaints. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to keep their contact list organized, and handy. You can import from many different formats, or just type them in one-by-one, if that's easier for you. Take the time to do it, it will be worth it, for peace of mind, knowing the data is safe and secure, and easily retrieved.

Pros

Google Contacts has been my contact management system for many years. It replaces any need for your old-fashioned personal address book, or spreadsheet-listing of contacts. It offers a large number of standard contact-related fields. Certainly, there are enough fields for everyone to find what they need, in terms of their contact-management. Obviously name/address/multiple phones/emails. But they also have date fields for important events, notes for copious comments, and it's easy to upload a photo, or if the user has a Google account, their default photo will come in. Further, you can group contacts as you see fit. I.e., if you want separate personal from business, you can. Or if you want a quick way to see all of your doctors, or any other subset of your contact list. Best of all, smart phones know how to sync with Google Contacts. My husband and I share one contacts list and the auto-sync is perfect for us. Either one of us can make a change or an addition, and the other receives the change in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Really no complaints. I haven't found anything to be lacking. All of contacts-management needs are fully met.

Ayham

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

Use Google Contacts and save your contacts forever

The integration of Google Apps and extensions has been always excellent and perfect for someone like me who works as an accountant and has daily contact with clients. Adding Google Contacts has made many tasks easier for me. Everything is ready in one click. See all contacts with phone numbers and two email addresses. So I highly recommend Google Contacts.

Pros

Storing your contacts in one place and restoring them at any time is one of the most prominent features of Google Contacts, plus there is no fear of losing contacts on your phone, whether the phone is lost or broken, you can download all your contacts in one click. Google Contacts is an easy-to-use and reliable tool that integrates perfectly with Gmail. With Google Contacts you can create personal mailing lists, which saves you a lot of time and effort. All of these features have made Google Contacts indispensable, both in my job and in my personal life.

Cons

I have been using google contacts for more than 4 years and never had any real problem with google contacts; I hope sync will be improved by doing it manually so that I can control sync when I want and on the device I want; I am very satisfied with google contacts. I highly recommend it.

Aatif

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

The best ever

Google contacts has been my primary contact manager for years now due to its variety of user entries, fast contact searching and excellent contacts backup.

Pros

Google Contacts is by far the best contacts managing software in all aspects. It has a very minimal and light yet pleasant user interface. Creating and editing contacts is very easy in it and multiple tupe of information can be written about a single contact like phone numbers, emails various addresses. It also allows you to issue stickers to contacts or sort them in to various categories. The best thing about Google Contacts is that all your contacts saves in to Gmail account as you write them, so can can later access them on any other device just by syncing it with your gmail. Also it lets you scroll through contacts or search a specific contact very fastly. Along with integrations with third party softwares, it automatically integrates with other Google softwares.

Cons

Throughout the years that I have used Google Contacts, I do not remember to have faced any issue using it.

Suryani
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Shares contact list easily

Pros

Google Contacts is the best contact sharing and management that i have come across and is free to use it. All of my contact list, from email contact and phone number contact list are merge on this single application, and can be called back easily from any other service or software that are linked with it.

Cons

This application is simple to be used and do its works perfectly, and i don't see anything negative with it that make me dislike it. They might need to add more feature or revamp some of the feature to make it more user friendly, but the current feature is more than enough for me to work with it.

Gem

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Contacts Synchronized Across Platforms

Overall a very good software and easy to use. I recommend some changes regarding synchronization across multiple email addresses and platforms, but other than that this software is a useful tool for my businesses and much easier than a hard-copy pen-and-paper address book.

Pros

I love that I can synchronize my contacts between my phone, emails, and other platforms with just the click of a button. When I add new contacts to my phone I even have the option to add them to my Google Contacts instead of my phone contacts, which makes emailing people later a huge convenience! As someone who has multiple emails for the various jobs she performs, I recommend using Google Contacts to keep all your contacts organized.

Cons

Sometimes I add contacts more than once, or contacts show up more than once on my phone because of synchronization errors. This can occur if I have the same contact in two separate email contacts, in which case both contacts will appear on my phone. I had to de-synchronize one of my business emails from my phone contacts to ensure that my phone contacts stayed organized and clean.

Ralph

Reviewed on 11/5/2020

This is a lifesaver!

Pros

These are my favorite features of Google contacts:

1. Automatic Backup and Synchronization:
The backup and synchronization feature is indeed a lifesaver. And, I can put my mind at rest, I never have to worry about losing my contacts because I have it backed up in the cloud with just a few clicks. Also, I can access my contacts on any device so far it's connected to the internet. That is an amazing feature!

2. Contacts Labelling:
This is my second favorite feature because it makes communication a whole lot easier for me. I can find any contact quickly even if I haven't memorized the details.

3. Multi Accounts Compatibility:
This allows me to group my contacts under different accounts, and synchronize with a particular account in the cloud, which is good for organizing my contacts.

4. Duplicates Finder:
This makes it possible for me to easily declutter my contacts list without having to do it by myself.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about the software.

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

The Best Contacts Solution

Overall no other contacts service out there offers just at much as Google Contacts does. Google Contacts is accessible across multiple platforms and super easy to replace as the default service on your phone. Best of all you will never loose your contacts because they are backed up on Google's robust cloud server.

Pros

Google Contacts is one of the simplest and easiest to use contacts applications out there. It is also super feature rich. The app makes it very simple to assign a new number a name and contact information. I also like that I can just use the company box without having to put a first or last name. I like having photos attached to my contacts so I love that they make it so easy to do this. Google contacts also offers easy contacts merge incase you accidentally make a duplicate.

Cons

I do wish that it did auto recognize more popular companies like major stores so that they could automatically be added to contacts.

Danker

Reviewed on 9/3/2022

Google contacts is superior

Without google contacts I would not be able to keep up to date with all my contacts and use them for private and business matters. It's not just an email address but a whole range of useful information that is kept in google contacts. The feature "details" helps me with keeping the details of a person's at a useful level, adding, deleting of information where necessary. Particularly useful is that google contacts synchronize with mobile applications. I use google contacts with my email application (eM Client) with perfect synchronization.

Pros

Google contacts is easy for searching your contacts, managing duplicate contacts, merging duplicates, editing contact names and details, deleting out-of-date or unuseful contacts

Cons

In fact, there's nothing that I do not like, except perhaps the splitting up contacts in "google contacts" and other contacts". The criteria for the split up are not entirely clear.

Miguel

Reviewed on 3/5/2021

Highly accessible and efficient software

One of the most time consuming task when getting a new phone is transferring all the contacts from one phone to the other. i vividly remember spending countless mount of hours transferring my contacts from one phone to the other via Bluetooth or manual entry. Google contacts has definitely implemented highly sophisticate features to save contacts endlessly as long as you remember your credentials to login into the software. This software has definitely changed technology!

Pros

Google Contacts is one of the most efficient and convenient software currently available in the market. This software allows you to save your contacts and gives you the features to sync it across multiple devices from your tablet to your computer and countless other options. It is very time efficient since you only need to login to retrieve all of your contacts into the new device. Moreover, it allows you to save a variety of personal and identifying information from your contacts including work address, birthday and relationship to contact. This software is highly function and extremely easy to use.

Cons

I have encountered couple issues when syncing my contacts with a new device, however, I have only encountered such issue only once in a specific device and this has never happened again. I do not blame the system's functionality but maybe the device I was using, therefore, I strongly recommend this software

Katherine
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Great Place to Store your contacts

Google Contacts is where we store all of our clients contact information and it makes it very easily accessible between team members and across all devices. We really appreciate how it auto merges duplicate contacts entries.

Pros

Google Contacts works great for our business to store all of our clients contact information. We use G Suite for email so all contacts are easily accessible. It also merges duplicate contacts for you which is nice to keep organized. You can also group the contacts into categories which is helpful as well.

Cons

The only thing that sort of bothers us with Google Contacts is that you certain fields are not on the main "add contact" page, so you have to click "More Fields" to be able to add things like Address. Very minor issue, so besides that we have no complaints about Google Contacts.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Contacts Everywhere

Being able to synch data between mobile devices or multiple computers has been a blessing. Once a contact is synced, you don't have to worry about losing any information. Just make sure you don't delete Contacts recklessly. If you have duplicate contacts, you can merge them as well. The user interface is a tad bland, simple, but once you get used to it, you can create labels to access a group of emails in a quicker way. You can customize a lot of information per contact, which allows you to make sure you're not missing any crucial information.

Pros

Having all your contacts in one place and being able to access that information from anywhere has been really helpful. The amount of details and data you can store per contact is more than enough (multiple phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc.)

Cons

The user interface is very simple, very bland. It could use a touch up.

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Very useful app

I have no issues with overuse in terms of the time I spend using the app. No backup or sync problems.

Pros

Synchronizing contacts from my account helps me a lot not to be looking for contacts in different applications, thus reducing my search time. The interface is very intuitive, the buttons are where they should be placed. Apart from being an application dedicated to contacts, it has more functions, which makes it a fairly robust and friendly application.

Cons

I would like you to add an option to share user with a QR code.

Sashana
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Best Decision Ever!

I've been using this software for years and I have never regretted it. I have and will definitely recommend Google Contacts to friends, family or anyone who needs a quick and easy solution.

Pros

Google Contacts is so easy to use! Anyone can use it. All you need is a Gmail email account. It is so simple.
Some years ago, I was having issues with the android phone I was using at the time. I just wasn't able to store contacts in my phone's local memory. This was really frustrating! One of my friends suggested that I save my contacts to my Google account instead, and taking that piece of advice changed the game for me.
Since then, I haven't had to worry about losing my saved contacts when switching phones or when my phone malfunctions and erases my data. Everything is saved to Google Contacts, including email addresses.
I also really love that I don't necessarily need to have my phone around to look up a number I haven't memorized. I can just log into Google Contacts online from my laptop and I'm good to go!

Cons

Google Contacts has all the features it needs to function efficiently. I really like that it notifies you when there are duplicate names, numbers and email addresses. Also, the software's layout is pretty simple so there are really no 'hidden' features. The labels are accurate as well, so the tools for creating and removing contacts and their details are easy to recognize and use.

Sau
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Contacts storage for life

Fantastic app just like my personal electronic phone book that I can carry it around regardless which physical device I'm using at the time.

Pros

This is probably one of the most useful app for me. Since being an Android user, I have been saving all contact information here. I can access these contacts anytime by any device, either my mobile phone or tablet, or logging into Google account by any computer. Since the contact information is stored in cloud, I can access it without worrying about changing phone.

Cons

It gets a little confusing when too many phone numbers are tied to the same person. A cousin of mine keeps changing/adding phone numbers, before I know it, I was confused which number is the latest revision.