Google Calendar Reviews

About Google Calendar

Google Calendar is a calendar management solution that helps organizations schedule and track meetings and events. It enables employees to create to-do lists and automatically receive reminders to complete specific tasks. Google...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Calendar Reviews

3,173 of 3,173 reviews

Reviewed on 25/4/2022

Remembering with Google Calendar

Google Calendar has assisted me with remaining incredibly coordinated in all areas of my life.
It is easy to utilize and outwardly engaging. This instrument makes it simple to organize gatherings with colleagues, plan occasions, and even add errands for every day.
I will keep on utilizing this apparatus both for expert and individual association.
I love that an off site getting unites the guide as it's image, or now and again a genuine image of the area.
I use Google Calendar for individual and business utilizes.

Pros

Google has made it so natural to oversee even the most active schedules.
The offer element permits numerous individuals to have concurrent access, which is helpful now much more than before with colleagues working from an assortment of areas.
Changes to the schedule are done continuously, so next to zero postponement in is having the option to plan and affirm arrangements.
It permits me to set up numerous different schedules on similar records.
With this element, we have had the option to set up altered schedules for each common task, which permits us to just impart them to individuals from those groups.
We are accordingly ready to follow the action of all colleagues cooperating on those activities.
It is essentially the simplest to utilize project the executives instrument.

Cons

There isn't a lot dislike about Google Calendars.
On the off chance that I had one analysis it would be of duplication Calendars and Holidays.
I'd very much want to see some "shrewd sifting' actually intending that assuming you as of now have Birthdays turned on in one of your schedules, on the off chance that you have another schedule, or imparted schedule to a similar data it frequently appears as a copy.
In all decency, its generally a client arrangement issue, you can undoubtedly flip off occasions or birthday events in schedules yet there must be google brainiac that could work on the interaction.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

To test the functionalities of the other options
Jamie

Reviewed on 6/5/2024

Best calendar tracking system!

I love Google Calendar all around, it makes it so easy to schedule and manage tasks and events for the day. I never miss anything and am always on top of my day!

Pros

Google Calendar has live updates so I know everything is up to date. It syncs so well with sites like Calendly, where all the meetings scheduled pop up instantly. I also love how you can change the colors of different events for easy visibility and how you can set reminders!

Cons

No complaints! I switched from the built-in phone calendar and Google Calendar is a huge upgrade. Being able to see the titles for each day is such a great feature.

Carrie

Reviewed on 28/6/2024

Love this Calendar

Keeps me on track after using a paper planner for decades.

Pros

I like that I can use my calendar on all devices. I'm not very tech oriented & it's pretty easy to use.

Cons

I don't love that it is hooked to email accounts which is linked to contacts as I can't figure out to get birthdays in the calendar. I wish there was a to-do list option.

Top Google Calendar Alternatives

Yris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Google Calendar is very useful and easy to use

It does do the work as a reminder or simple agenda, and since is totally free and easy to use, I would definitely recommend it in general.

Pros

It could be use by anyone, easily integrates with any other google products and even other apps not google related. Very effective as a reminder app, very useful for event logs and similar kind of registries.

Cons

If you are looking for something visually appealing is not necesarilly the best one, neither as a scheduling planner for something related to projects or secuential tasks. You cannot integrate images to your calendar, reminders or tasks, to use the calendar in a different approach.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 26/4/2024

Another reliable, integrative Google product

Overall i have had a positive experience using Google calendars. I don't miss an engagement and I fully trust and rely on Google calendar's ability to function without fail day after day.

Pros

I mostly like how predictable and simlle itcis to usecGoogle calendar. I find it very useful that I can color code different imported calendars to make viewing my week a breeze.

Cons

I didnt really care for the limited space available to display Google calendar and my appointments on my mobile phone. I can always click in the scheduled dates to fully see the details but i sometimes wish i could see more about what I scheduled when glancing at my mobile phone.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

I like how im already familiar with Google products and it was easier to jump right into.
Celina

Reviewed on 19/2/2024

Best Way to Keep Your Team Organized

Pros

Google calendar is the best calendar our company has used. I really appreciate how easy it is for our team to use, it notifies all of us of any changes, so we can all really keep on top of our team and what's going on. We've used other calendars that just never seemed to sync right, or some people weren't able to see what others inputted. Nothing we ever used was ever as organized and efficient as google calendar.

Cons

The only issue we had at first, was some people were confused since they had their own personal calendar and a company calendar. They were writing on their own calendar instead ot eh company's, so not everyone was able to see their availability and comments. We learned you had to completely uncheck your calendar in order to use the teams one, so I just think that part could've been a bit more straight forward/user friendly.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Easy to Use

Overall it's a good product and I will continue to use it.

Pros

This is an easy-to-use calendar that allows me to sync multiple tasks and calendars to one spot.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little cumbersome to use. Having to fill out all the details. That is because I need to add additional notes and details.

HoneyBook , Calendly and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

I use it in conjunction with the other products.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Reviewed on 15/2/2024

simple straightforward and user friendly

I use it in preference to other similar tools

Pros

All its functions are easily managed and do not consume time

Cons

There are no features that I dislike. The package is highly functional without excess

Reviewed on 22/9/2023

Google Calendar Review

Very satisfactory-complements my work and schedule.

Pros

Machine Learning functionality including events from Gmail, Smart suggestions and Goals. Reminders are enabled, allowing both adding and editing of events on the calendar, allows enabling and disabling of user special calendars

Cons

The smart suggestion feature is sometimes not relevant. The graphics take a big space.

Jean

Reviewed on 28/6/2024

Great Calendar that anyone knows.

Great, I've used the app, the web version and integrated in other apps and it works smoothly.

Pros

It's easily integrated with many platforms, who don't know Google's apps?

Cons

Its user interface hasn't changed for a while, it needs a revamp. But it works anyway.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Is there any other way?

I have used Google Calendar since the beginning and have found it extremely reliable and useful for both my personal and professional needs. I use it daily and have no doubts I will continue using it for both for years to come.

Pros

My team and I all use Android Smartphones and Chromebook laptops and there is absolute perfect integration between them all using Google Calendar. We use to schedule meetings, to set reminders, to set deadlines and to keep in contact with our customers.

Cons

We really cant see any negatives using Google Calendar as it suits all of our calendar management needs.

Microsoft Outlook

Its free and you cant beat the integration with Googles' Android Devices

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

Google is free and is built into all Android and Chromebook devices I and my team use.
Ricky
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

Google calendar does it all

I've been using Google calendar for years. I've also tried other popular calendars and Google by far has the best one. It incorporates seamlessly with other Google apps and also with a ton of third party apps. I've really enjoyed using Google calendar.

Pros

The best feature is the calendars ability to sync with so many outside booking systems. This ensures people all booking from different platforms can't book at the same time.

Cons

The ting I didn't like about Calendar was that it wasn't so easily accessible via Gmail. However, now your calendar can be in a side panel of your Gmail and you can create calendar events directly from an email.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

It lacked so many features that Google calendar offers. Also, calendar is free with the option to upgrade to Google One and receive excellent support.

Zoho Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

I just found calendar more feature rich.
Ari
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

Best overall value out there!

I've used several calendar clients and Google's own is still the most efficient and the one that doesn't give me headaches with syncing or any other thing.
The possibility to create reminders and tasks is amazing too, very few if any, have that integration with events and reminders/tasks. It's great.

Pros

Simple interface, important features all present, easy to schedule any event, great syncing and the possibility to create reminders and/or tasks is a deal breaker.

Cons

The UI needs some refinement and a much needed update. That's all, everything else is great.

Fantastical

Reasons for Choosing Google Calendar

It's free and more effective!

Fantastical

Reasons for Switching to Google Calendar

It's a much better value than the competition.
Emily

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Google Calendar: One of the best tools for client-facing connections

Overall, Google Calendar has been awesome and a huge key to my success in my position at the company I work at. Even though I started as just an assistant using a calendar, I've found that I'm still using it today and it continues to grow my success!

Pros

I work at a company that does a ton of client-facing meetings, presentations, and virtual lunch-and-learns, so it's key for us to have a product that can help us keep organized and on top of our schedules, and that is exactly what Google Calendar does for us. It's incredibly easy to check out your colleague's calendars (especially once you color code each one!) and find a time that works for everyone involved for a meeting. Another thing I love about it is that in such a digital age and with the majority working from home, we all have a LOT of options about what we use for work. Some use Zoom, some use Skype - but the one very universal tool is Google Calendar. Even if Google Suite isn't what your company uses daily, it's still familiar and user-friendly, so when an invite comes through, you'll know exactly what to do. Overall, I love Google Calendar and am so glad my company uses it.

Cons

There isn't much I can say about the things I dislike about Google Calendar, however one thing that comes to mind is about the mobile version. I have the Google Calendar app - since I'm constantly using it for both my personal and professional use - and when attempting to set something up on the phone, it's a bit complicated and seems as if the app is miscalibrated. Creating an event is always a bit tricky - and it's definitely easy to fix - but it's something that can and should be improved on.

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Used by everyone for a reason

Pros

I'm sure some people use MS calendar, but why would they? Google Calendar is so much easier, and does all the work for you. Plus, everyone has much better access to Google Calendar from what I've experienced. You can share Google Calendars with people who don't have a Gmail account, so that's great. You can have multiple calendars with multiple administration levels, you can hide or show different calendars at a time, you can color-coordinate your calendar, and it even has cute little background images when you use the phone app. The app works great--just as well, if not better than the online version. I like that I can sync it with multiple different calendar apps too, and I can share my calendar with other people. It's also way better at syncing to your time zone than other online calendar apps I've used. That's a huge perk too. The tasks feature on it works really well too. I use it to give me reminders on things I need to do monthly, or even to make a to do list sometimes.

Cons

There really isn't much I would improve with Google Calendar. For some reason, Google just really has this figured out. They're not perfect on everything, but the Calendar is pretty darn close.

Amanda
Amanda

Reviewed on 22/1/2022

Aesthetically Pleasing Planning and Scheduling Software

I'm planning my days and my businesses easier. This has had the effect of making my businesses more efficient and run more smoothly.

Pros

Google Calendar has a new feature that allows you to reach a desired goal by allowing you to do day-to-day tasks in furtheration of your ultimate goal. This goal can be learning to code and losing weight. This is by far the best Innovation by Google Calendar. It really seems to take into account my peak points and to schedule time that will help me to achieve my goal at those ideal moments. In Google Calendar, scheduling runs smoothly and efficiently. Tasks and events can be easily scheduled in advance. I like how you can share your upcoming events with friends. The best part is that shared links are automatically synced with your friends' Google Calendars. This allows us to send them notifications when events are taking place. This is a very important feature of the app in my opinion. I like how you can schedule pretty much anything and everything ahead of time. I like how the app provides a general overview of the month and year ahead. The best part is that you can plan everything down to the last detail.The app allows you to schedule the hour up to a year in advance. I like how the app simplifies the scheduling process. It assists you in staying organized and focused for the time frame that you have set. I like that you can create whatever type of schedule you want. Overall I love that the app is aesthetically pleasing and that it's very quick and easy to use. The app is easy to navigate and it helps you to achieve your goals and to stay focused overall.

Cons

The sound should be much louder, and the notifications should be more prominent. To ensure that I see my reminders on time, notifications should be designed to be more schedule-stopping. Because of the weak structure and quiet nature of this app's reminders, they are easily overlooked.

• Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 12/9/2022

A simple system for a complex world

I have transitioned from just using Google Calendar for work to using it to organise my out-of-work life, coordinating events with my wife and daughter. Can't say there's many in-work systems that prove quite so useful, but this is definitely one.

Pros

Google Calendar looks good. As a system I spend a significant portion of each day looking at it's nice to see a wonderfully clean looking UI. Even when the calendar is busy it doesn't look insurmountably dense.
Using the system is easy, with many intuitive features built in. For example, if I have selected to see certain colleagues availabilities, it will automatically add them to the guest list when I select to schedule a meeting. It also remembers those colleagues and groups of colleagues I meet with most regularly and moves them to the top of my suggestions list.
The options for different calendar events such as meetings, deadlines, out of office and focus time add a level of detail that is useful without being cumbersome. There is also the option to colour code and label meetings, making the schedule even more decipherable at a glance.
The integration of meeting options into email alerts is one of the best features. When I receive a meeting invitation I can confirm or decline attendance within the email itself rather than having to go looking for it in the Calendar itself.

Cons

A lot of the features I would have suggested (labelling meetings, colour coding) have been added over the time I've been using the software. Whilst there will always be features that can be added, there is little in the way of drawbacks with it as it stands to mention.

Arturo
Arturo

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The calendar and simple wizard

It is a calendar and assistant in its point, give what they offer in the purest style of Google, ie offer several functions that only Google can give you, besides being synchronized with your contacts and holidays depending on the country you are, is an excellent calendar for those small to medium businesses, I would highly recommend it, more if you have the Google Workspace.

Pros

It is a calendar and assistant created by Google, which makes your life easier if you are a person who is good at forgetting appointments, meetings, or any activity which requires a place and time.
This calendar is based on a fairly simple and familiar interface so that anyone can manage and schedule or schedule appointments quite easily, I have been comparing it with the Microsoft calendar, and one of its strengths of Google is that with the familiar face of google, it is even more practical and easy to see with its colors that distinguish google, it is a more dynamic calendar in every way.

Cons

What I did not like so much about this calendar, is that in order to access all its features such as scheduling appointments, scheduling different times for those appointments, even putting the locations of those appointments, etc... You must have a premium google account, so to speak, which is the Google Workspace. It is a service for small to medium-scale businesses, but it is an important factor that you have to pay to use all the features of the calendar. Considering the wide variety of calendars on the market, this is a negative point.

Bonita
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 15/1/2022

Google Calendar is a Must Have for Home and Work

Google Calendar ensures that I arrive on time for clients, events, meetings, and social fun with friends. It helps me organise my tasks and it syncs beautifully with other programs essential to my work and my life. With the pandemic, it's become even more important for me, as I have so many online activities to coordinate. I look back on the days of using paper calendars as the Stone Age. I can't imagine going through life without having my day at my fingertips. Thank you, Google!

Pros

I love how Google Calendar puts all my tasks, events, meetings, and appointments in one place. I can colour code for "at a glance" knowledge of how my day is unfolding. I love that it shows up on all of my devices, so that if I make a change on one device, it automatically changes it on all others. Cloud-based programming means never having to worry that if my Internet goes down, I've lost my calendar. I love that I can sync it with appointment and event programs as well as my video call program. It's easy to coordinate meetings with others by adding their emails to meetings to create instant invites. I would have to say that Google Calendar is the program I refer to most during my day, along with Gmail.

Cons

I would like a seamless way to download the calendar by year for future reference. When I am saving a Zoom session to Google Calendar, the window for the event is often very small. Other than these issues, I find Google Calendar to be stable, reliable, and an excellent resource for organising at home and at the office.

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

The best free scheduling app available

I have used Google Calendar for several years along with the rest of Google's suite of programs. I think it's the best scheduling app that is available for free, including Microsoft Outlook, which is unusual because I almost always prefer Microsoft's alternatives to Google apps.

Pros

My favorite thing about Google Calendar is the fact that it syncs across any device you might have, ensuring that you have your schedule totally available at all times. Also, it integrates with the rest of Google's suite of software.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Google Calendar is the fact that it sometimes interacts oddly with any native calendar apps that may be available on your device. This can be fixed pretty easily by ensuring that Google Calendar is your default calendar app.

Munema
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

My favorite calendar platform, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

In general, I am really satisfied of my experience with Google Calendar as a tool.

Pros

Google Calendar must be one of the apps I use the most, especially on my smartphone. The best way to make sure you don't forget about something is to let technology help you with a reminder and that is exactly what I do!

I really like the user interface and how smooth the platform is to use. I can get different types of reminders (email and app notification) at different times (e.g. 24 days, 1 hour or 30 min before an event), which is perfect. Another big plus of using Google Calendar as my main calendar app is the fact that most tools that integrate with digital calendars do have Google Calendar among their integration options.

It is also good that you can add important details – like an address, Zoom link or a note – to a calendar event, which means that you won't have to look for them left and right but you know that you will be able to find them in one place.

Cons

There isn't really much I don't like about Google Calendar. If I had to mention something I would say the fact that it focuses only on its work as a calendar while some other calendar apps do have features that go more in the direction of to-do list and project management tools.

Justus

Reviewed on 21/5/2022

Google Calendar is the best cloud calendar i ever used

Google Calendar helped me organize my life for the last six years and i can still go back multiple years and look at what i've done at a certain time. Even when a phone inevitably got destroyed, i didn't think twice about loss of the valuable organization of my time. I think that's awesome and speaks to the consistency of the product. There are other tech-giants that won't loose you're data as well, but no calendar has such a wide and mature integration with this many platforms. That's why i love using Google Calendar and will keep on using it.

Pros

There are many things I like about Google Calendar, but if I had to say just a few, those would be it:
- ease of using multiple calendars to organize different areas of your life
- easy integration of external calendars (e.g. for university, sports, ...)
- Well working web- and iOS-apps, that just work

Cons

There are not a lot of things i dislike about Google Calendar. It's mostly little UI and ease-of-use changes i'd like to see. Like if i'm in the iOS app and want to switch the calendar of an existing event there is no easy way to do this. You have to duplicate the event into the calendar you desire and delete the old event.
The web-app doesn't have this problem, here you can change the calendar directly, even on an already existing event.

Andrea

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

Good solution for education admin

Overall, Google Calendar has been very helpful with my organization and event management. Although it was difficult to adapt to at first, once it was figured out and the features were explored, it proved to be a rather effective way to manage both my personal calendar, schedule group meetings, as well as manage booking of various conference rooms.

Pros

The features I like most is the ease of portability in terms of the software solution. I can use it on my laptop/desktop or a mobile device. This helps me be connected with my calendar all the time. It is also easy to schedule events across all platforms and inviting others (inside and out of the Google Suite) is rather easy too. It is convenient to be able to color code different calendars and events for visual categorizing. Another area of convenience is Google Calendar's integration with outside platforms to seamlessly add events to my calendar.

Cons

I feel that certain features could be improved upon. For example, the address book's label option sometimes no longer recognizes a labeled group of people. This seems to be a bug in the system and usually works (until it doesn't). Another area of improvement would be to be able to see a timestamp when something is added to a calendar. This would be hugely helpful with room scheduling as one could compare if something was scheduled on a date/time prior to a subsequent room booking.

Bruno
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

Old user Google Calendar review

When it comes to personal organization, Google Calendar is just amazing. You can have all your life shown in a colorful and clear view as a calendar or an agenda. It also sends a reminder of each event (if you set it), and allows to use it in a collaborative way, inviting people to meetings and integrating it with Google meet. Just wonderful.

Pros

The major pros about it is that it not only belongs to the G-Suite, but it is also pretty simple to use. It's convenient for organizations because it's easy to implement using G-suite and Gmail. Calendar is also pretty simple to use but at the same time it allows to do many things and use its many functionalities. Some examples of the best features are the collaborative function, allowing to share calendars so that other people can pick the best time to arrange meeting. It also allows some ways to automate some events, making life easier.

Cons

There are not many cons, because it does its work as a calendar in an excellent way. But of course, it doesn't have such a wide set of tools and possibilities as other softwares like Notion, which are way more complex and work not only as a calendar.

Amy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

Everything you need at a great price!

Multi-tasking is essential during my workday. Without having Google Calendar to keep me organized and on-time to appointments, I would be lost. I have full confidence that once I put a meeting in my calendar, that it will remind me of this commitment in the morning of the meeting as well as 30 minutes prior to the meeting. It helps me be a person that others can depend upon and trust!

Pros

Google Calendar is a very user-friendly system that helps to keep you organized and on-time for all appointments and meetings. Once an engagement is in Google calendar, you can move on to other things in your day because you will have confidence that the system will remind you of the meeting when the time comes. I like that there is a space that I can cut and paste login information to make Zoom meetings a breeze. I do not think I could work stress-free without this calendar system!

Cons

The system is effective, reliable, and very easy to use. I cannot think of a way to improve anything!