About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control is cloud-based operations management solution that allows technicians to perform remote support, gain remote access and run remote meetings. It acts as a meeting point for technicians and customers, enabling...

Browse ConnectWise Control Reviews

1,848 of 1,848 reviews
Mark A.

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

There is no better solution

I can remote into my clients PC's for support or have unattended connections to servers for maintenance and monitoring. Saves time (not travelling to client location) allows me the freedom to work from anywhere

Pros

-Works very well.
-not resource heavy
-multi platform

Cons

-Nothing I can really think of.
-This is my go to application for rmm.

TeamViewer and Central

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

-This seems more stable and more feature rich. Splashtop was less expensive, but too many issues

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

-Better price for for the performance and features. Team viewer is nice, but way overpriced.
Warren

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

A Reliable, quick and lightweight solution.

ConnectWise Control has helped us to dial into our clients in a fast and reliable manner. It's configurations mean that we can dial into servers without prompting the machine, but to dial into a workstation, the user does need to consent to control. This is crucial.

Pros

The speed in which we can connect to our end users with Control is it's greatest strength. It is very lightweight and a joy to use.

Cons

The support can be a little on the slow side, if required. more often than not, the support team have to escalate and log a ticket, which takes a while t get a response.

VNC Connect

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

TeamViewer renewal fees ,we found to be extremely high. Plus, ConnectWise control integrates with ConnectWise RMM, which we use daily.

TeamViewer and VNC Connect

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise control fits perfectly into ConnectWise RMM, which my team use to monitor our client computers.
Robert
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Best remote access for msps

Speed of remote control with no lag, almost the same as being in front of your pc.

Pros

Cons

Nothing. Product is great as is. No improvement is needed.

Top ConnectWise Control Alternatives

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Desktop assistance

Pros

After connection your assistant is able to navigate smoothly through my work page.

Cons

lag in connection, download does not work on some browsers

Brian
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 21/11/2022

ConnectWise is a fantastic tool to remote in and help employees

Pros

How easy it is to access other computers using Connectwise. It's really nice to run PowerShell scripts on it remotely as well using #!PS command before it. You can also segment groups so other people can only see their specific employees. What is also nice is installing updates for Connectwise remotely by using the reinstall command.

Cons

It's a bit pricey compared to other alternatives that we looked at.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

I felt for the price and features, Connectwise was the best alternative we could've choose. I still feel like it has been for 2+ years.
Jordan

Reviewed on 11/4/2022

ConnectWise Control Review from Experience

I have utilized ConnectWise Control for 10 years at two different companies. This product has helped keep me and my teams efficient and productive while allowing for wizard-level support all over the world. I will not go without this software after experiencing it. I purchased this on my own to utilize prior to my current company adopting it company-wide.

Pros

The ease of connecting to a system. There are no complex login processes and the product functions extremely well. The remote experience is good enough to work all week through and the reliability of the sessions is enough that you don't need to have backup methods for remote access.

Cons

I don't have too many complaints because I have utilized and continue to utilize various other platforms in client environments that have worse functionality. If I had to pick one thing it would be that on occasion I have experienced a few instances where a PC without a monitor connected gives me a black screen when connecting to it. I do not believe that this issue is specific to Connectwise due to the graphics card and how it processes the GUI. The biggest challenge in recommending remote access software to a client is that there is always the concern about getting compromised. The on-premise version of this software allows us to recommend it to any client with a lower level of concern.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

Our company utilized Logmein Rescue, not specifically Join.Me. The pricing was actually cheaper with Connectwise and the product was far superior at the time. I had a lot of experience with Connectwise and I was more effective with my personal version of it than our staff was with the Company product so we ended up making the switch.

Join.Me

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

I have used a lot of remote access software. When we finally decided on Connectwise it was between Teamviewer, LogMeIn, and Connectwise. We currently still utilize Remote Support/Bomgar for a few clients, and we have utilized RealVNC for some specific use cases within our client's networks. Splashtop I have used personally along with Teamviewer and RemotePC. I was able to integrate the Connectwise API to work with our internal support monitoring tool. This allowed a simplified remote launch experience from within our existing application.
Alpesh Mistry Mr

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

Much better than Logmein and Cheaper

Pros

Really easy to use remote management software. Fully featured with some good options.

Cons

Reporting could be better, there are some extensions but they aren't very user friendly.

Marissa
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

ConnectWise for IT & Security is simple yet effective

Pros

It's easy and the administrator can do everything from their end directly without having to confuse the consumer with unknown terms.

Cons

The initial cost to set up and the cost to add a user everytime is a bit up there

Megan
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 20/1/2023

Glitchy but solid product

Pros

Good customer service. Easy to deploy. Supports different operating systems.

Cons

Many times had to re-install the agent due to connection issues. The agents would all of a sudden lose connection with the server.

Lauren
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Connectwise is great!

Pros

We use Connectwise to allow Windward Software to remote into assist with tech issues. It is simple and easy to use with no issue

Cons

I have no complaints about Connectwise. I have never had an issue with it!

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

Cons

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Astronomical price increase

Pro

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

Connect has the right prices for what we needed to do with the software. Other options just didn't cater to our small needs.
Michelle

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

Mostly Great

Overall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include the user's AD/username and or ask the customer for a name, phone and email to start a chat so that we know specifically to whom we're talking to when a chat is started. I would recommend this software to other IT providers that do not have healthcare customers and I would recommend to ScreenConnect to have an attorney and engineer thoroughly read the aforementioned laws to properly implement and good healthcare product (HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare).

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer.
The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started so when I come back to it I know exactly where I left off which isn't necessary for our internal documentation, but is a great note pad tool right in the program.
Along the same lines, we use the Notes feature to leave pertinent information for specific devices such as construction equipment computers that can not be turned off without notice and who exactly to contact with their name, numbers and email address to ensure employees have easy access to this NECESSARY information before accessing the computer remotely.

Cons

My least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job... Technical support was down right rude when they weren't understanding the issue and when I finally talked to a senior technical engineer for ScreenConnect, I explained the problem and was given an answer of "I could see why this would be confusing to the last agent" but they agreed with me that there was no reason for the agent to be rude or dismissive just because he couldn't understand the abstract bug. We have yet to solve the bug, but I don't necessarily blame the Senior level Engineer, the bug is just very hard to reproduce.
The one other hugely important disappointment with this software is that it is not ACTUALLY HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare compliant. We have talked with Senior Engineers and the sales team and while they boast about the software being HIPPA compliant, I asked a how exactly they comply with the basic requirements, non-negotiable terms, and when pressed, ScreenConnect doesn't actually have proper compliance. We have therefore not installed the software on any of our health care clients which wastes a lot of time.

Pro and Join.Me

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

We chose ConnectWise because of price, expand-ability, the number of concurrent sessions per user you can have and past use at another company.

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

Product is one of the best I've used

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pros

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Cons

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Reviewed on 30/8/2019

ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility

Over CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.

Pros

Connectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there.

The layout of the software is great and make navigation for our techs and also the end-users simple. The built-in toolbox and remote file transfer also are dead simple to use and always work. It allows us to copy a file over to a desktop we are supporting, or to copy need diagnostic info back to our techs computers.

Control includes multiple options for 2-factor auth which is a must these days for tools like this.

Cons

The least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.

• Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Great product hamstrung by its new owner.

Screenconnect was great, when it became Control I really wanted the features of Automate. It was purchased by ConnectWise and now every single thing is too complicated and requires a lot of clicking. If you have a single task you preform all day every day by all means automate it and set up scripts but for me ConnecWise asks too much uniformity from my clients and cannot be adapted in the ways I do business.

Pros

Super simple deployment and management. But that's all but gone.

Cons

ConnectWise the company. I hated every interaction with them. Imagine a single client who has several companies. Connectwise deployment folks said I could not support them the way they needed support. Imagine working with the same independent contractor on several shared clients, ConnectWise can't do that either. Want to support key people outside of their organization, find something else. Every single thing you want to do has to have a huge amount of setup to make it happen. I just wanted software that I was as flexible as I am and this is not that. Stay away.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

TeamViewer made it very difficult for me and clients to use the same software.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control was Screenconnect at the time and it was excellent.
Craig
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

ScreenConnect Make Support Easy

We had a massive problem where we had been on an unstable version without realising. Support where very helpful and helped correct the problem with little fuss and even arrange a refund for the problem. What amazing support. The big thing we learned was not to use the unstable branch in production and that for more than 4 years the unstable had never caused us issue. We are now stable only due to our size and this is one of our most used applications in our tool kit for remote user support and server access.

Pros

The best features are totally the remote support and ad-hoc session access that can be shared with multiple agents. I addition we lean heavily on the lightweight client for permanent access to servers over RDS.
Also ingrates well with Azure AD.

Cons

The worst part, which is minor is the amount of customisation and branding.

MIGUEL

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

Nice tool

Remote support for setting up ERP software.
Remote consultation or meeting

Pros

Customer portal and operator portal are awesome. Very easy to tag the remote device and group them by customer

Cons

No support for silent installation. Sometimes our customer requires support and the portal is complicated for him so we launch the installation through our ERP software but sometimes the customer cancels the installation.

TeamViewer, GoTo Meeting and AnyDesk

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

Customized end user portal. And whitelabeling the client captions . You can brand the exe file.
Merlin
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pros

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it.
Ability to reboot computer and stay connected.
Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer.
The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups.
Ability to rename computers.
See how long computers have been off-line
The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface.
Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use)
The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Cons

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer.

Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing.
Inability to set the color of the screen drawing.
No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution.
"Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work.
I would list more but I am out of space.

Roger

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

New User's Thoughts

Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

Pros

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

Cons

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

Splashtop Business Access

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

More features essentially the same price.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

More features essentially the same price.
Peter

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Went from good to AWESOME when we ditched our old remote software for ScreenConnect!

Inexpensive, full featured remote desktop software that is super easy to administrate and use. IT professionals would be hard pressed to find something this good for this price. And companies that need remote access for their employees need look no further.

Pros

We moved from a company that charged 25% for a lot less of what we need. While the old login software was limited to 10 computer for more than we currently pay, we can now remote into 100 computers with unlimited logins. We only needed 25 remote computers but since it is so cheap for the 100 computers we went with that and have started offering this service to our clients so that we can log in to their computers and get the financial data directly from their computers rather than having to have them do it for us (which can take both their time and ours and can be frustrating waiting for the data we need fast).

It is MUCH easier to install the software to set up a new computer as all you have to do is name a new computer and download the installer and click on the executable file on the computer you want access to and you are done. 5 minutes to install have up and running. Then you simply have a web portal to access of your computers and you are just two clicks away from the computers you need to access from anywhere in the world.

Cons

There are times when I wish there was a downloadable application to install on computers you will be using frequently to access your remote sessions. But the web login is fine and keeps you logged in for quite some time so having a program installed on your computer is not as much of a necessity. I also don't like that it has an always on preview of the desktop from your web portal. I like that you can see if someone is active on the remote computer you are wanting access to but I think there are some privacy issues that if our clients knew we could "peek" at their desktop without logging in, they might not be so ready to give us access to them.

Response from ConnectWise

Hi Peter, thank you for your helpful feedback on ConnectWise Control! We value your partnership with us and are delighted to hear how well Control works for you and your company. A couple things I wanted to mention for you to know: we value your feedback on having the ability to launch Control on your desktop, and we are actually working on having that functionality for Control partners in the near future! I also wanted to mention that you actually have the ability to turn off the preview mode! Here's the documentation with further detail: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Get_started/Knowledge_base/Restrict_or_remove_the_screenshot_preview

Replied 13/11/2017
Andreas
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

ConectWise - let me help you...NOW!!

Without this most valuable tool, I would not be able to help our customers when installing their O365 and telecommunication tools easily. We are able to set up multiple unique logins and email each and every one of our customers and users and see when they are on all from a single pane of view.

Pros

Customized URL, Windows, and iOS compatible, easy to use console whereby you can send CTRL-ALT_Delete command and easy to switch and control multiple screens.

Cons

I would love to see it evolve and use WEBRTC technology in order for the end-user not to download the executable file.

Zoho Assist

Pricing

We use both

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

ConnectWise Control, Easy To Use Remote Control and Support Tool

Overall we are very happy with the way Control works and the value it provides to our business. It is one of our must have and our go to support tool.

Pros

Connectwise Control is one of the easiest and fastest remote support tools I have used. It allows us as a team to provide on demand remote support to end users without having to have a agent installed on their computer. Works great for connecting to personal laptops and workstations. The agent is easy to install and the web interface is easy to navigate for end users. The options for sending a remote support agent to an end user include a link, an email, or a direct download package which is very helpful for getting end user's online.

The client itself is the fastest remote support tool I have used. Once the agent is installed, either a persistent agent, or for on demand support, connection time is usually less than a second. The client provides great options for display scaling, color depth, clipboard support, and a really useful file transfer tool and toolbox. We store our most used support applications in the toolbox that provides our technicians instant access to their most used tools.

Cons

The only part of the software we currently sometimes have issues with and like the least is the way that Control uses the display driver. This sometimes results in slow connections into servers with Matrox graphics cards and doesn't allow us to adjust the resolution of servers that are running without a monitor.

Aaron

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

Robust Remote Management Software, But Background Software Can Be Slow

I am not the administrator of this software, but I am a tech that uses the software to carry out administrative tasks on client computers. LabTech (ConnectWise) offers a pretty solid remote management tool that does a good job offering tools beyond simple remote access to client computers. We use two different remote management software solutions where I work. I will say, LabTech isn't the one I like the best, but it does have some key benefits over the other software.

Pros

I really enjoy having a toolbox full of things I regularly use that I can transfer to the client's computer with just a few clicks; I can install tools like Putty, IP Scanners, TreeSize, and more without having to download them from a web browser each time I need them.

I also enjoy how easy it is to upload/download files to/from a client computer as the situation dictates. Our other remote management software requires a roundabout way of doing this, but the capabilities are built right in for LabTech (ConnectWise).

Other useful abilities include the blocking client input or even their view, and being able to draw on the screen as well.

Cons

When using the Automate software to interface with a client computer instead of the remote access software, sending commands and/or pulling data is quite slow. Get ready to wait 1-3 minutes for each send/receive request to complete. Thankfully, with the addition of CMD/PowerShell capabilities within remote access app by using the "Background" profile, I don't find myself using these features very often. They are sometimes necessary when the remote access app is not working properly on the client's computer though.

Antonio

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Best remote control software out there, period!

We used Log Me In Rescue for years, paying $500+ a month. We've used TeamViewer, gotomeeting, join.me and Splashtop. We switched to ScreenConnect over 5 years ago and never looked back. The licensing model allowed us to pay once for a number of concurrent connections without having to worry about the number of techs we have. With this licensing model we can pay for upgrades every few years and still save many times over from what we used to pay for Log Me In Rescue. We run the server on our own hardware, having complete control over who has access to it and from where. When ConnectWise took over the product and renamed it to Control we had no issues. They've continued developing it rapidly.

Pros

You can buy a license forever. Easy to install/update the server component. Easy to train new users. Easy to deploy to customers. Has every feature we'd ever want: recording sessions, copy/paste into remote window, unattended access, flexible security settings for different levels of employees, works through UAC prompts (unlike gotomeeting), transfer files/directories to/from remote machine, toolbox to run common executables with one click. Has an API to build additions (we've never had to but it's nice to know we can.)

Cons

We were nervous when ConnectWise bought this company (previously ScreenConnect) because they were known for "rent only" products but for now they've kept the option to buy licenses to own. The possibility that one day they could change the licensing model to rent only is the only thing I dislike about using the software.

Sam
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

ConnectWise Control

The software is very stable and I use it multiple times a day. I would be unable to do my job without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use this software offers and the remote clipboard and file transfer tools. It is an excellent tool.

Cons

The customer service is by for the biggest issue with this software. The response time of the support is difficult to deal with.

TeamViewer, LastPass, GoTo Meeting, Central and Join.Me

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

More options for remote support.