Coupa Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Coupa

Point solutions are pointless: spend smarter with the leading spend management platform built for companies like you. The Coupa platform allows you to take control of your spend and position your business for resilience and...

3.8

Hossain Md
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/1/2022

Coupa - The Expense Manager for your business

Coupa Expense has been a great software for our company to manage the spent smartly with a full proof apprval process. It has brought more transparency and accountability among the team members. As an organisation, we really appreciate this platform and would like to suggest others to use this application in their business.

Pros

Coupa Expense is easy to use. The following features are most amazing to me -
1. Requisition and PO management.
2. Approval DoA/flow chart is very easy to assign.
3. Reimbursement process is simple.
4. Multiple currency is available.
5. Full spent analysis report feature.

Cons

Coupa Expense is one of the best expense management softwares and I personally do not see any improvement area for this software.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Bolt-On to NetSuite

Our business added it as a bolt-on to NetSuite, and a large selling point was the Sourcing package. Even though we cannot use the Sourcing module as it is, it has benefits of keeping the invoices and POs tied together and integrates well with NetSuite

Pros

The mobile app is very convenient for our PMs in the field that need to review and approve POs and invoices remotely

Cons

the Sourcing module is far to restrictive and cumbersome - it makes it harder for our vendors to submit quotes and there is now way for them to add options/alternatives to what we have asked them to quote

NetSuite

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

Coupa is the worst software I have ever used

Pros

Absolutely nothing. The software is the least institutive, user friendly I have ever used.

Cons

Regardless of whether I am using expenses, requisitions or invoices, I have never been able to submit or save anything without having to get the finance team to perform magic in the background. The end user typically gets an error message "Please fix the errors below", but there are never any highlighted fields or errors displayed.

Top Coupa Alternatives

Oracle Database

SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing

Hicham
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 20/7/2023

Coupa experience

Positive experience

Pros

The quick response and also gathering remarks from validators to adjust things if needed

Cons

Sometimes we need to add more details to give full view for approval process

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Coupa

Overall experience is positive considering the time it saves and power it gives to its users .

Pros

Coupa speed is excellent and its is easy to use, whenever nee features are launched they are also easy to deploy and integration was smooth

Cons

Sometimes it hangs and does not respond but it happens rarely

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

Coupa Expense Software Review

I am happy with using Coupa expense

Pros

The user interface is good and it allows real time tracking of your transactions.

Cons

The one downside i have is the lack to customize your view or dashboard.

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

The best expense coding system we've ever had!

Pros

It is easy to learn and use! The process for updating and communicating about various transactions is so much simpler than it used to be. It's saved us time by keeping communication between our users and approvers streamlined. The fact that I can just hit "reply" to an email asking me to adjust some coding on a receipt has kept me from digging around in my company directory, figuring out who to call with a question, and getting redirected often. So much faster.

Cons

It can be a little slow to load and the mobile version has often had issues uploading receipt images or giving me access to all the coding breakdowns I need.

Reviewed on 3/4/2018

All purchases are placed through this system to deliver to accounting

Pros

The Simplicity of entering items to be approved. The different areas are very self explanatory and it is easy to navigate through.

Cons

Repetitiveness of entering information or submitting something. After entering all the information on one page it makes you re-approve on the next page. When adding another line to the items in cart, it makes you completely re-enter all information which is frustrating when the items are linked but may just be different in price.

Reviewed on 5/2/2018

Most modern platform with some downfalls

Pros

Modern and simple platform that blows most competition out of the water. Frequent releases and a good portal for customer suggestions and knowledge forums. Handles complex workflows and hierarchies relatively well.

Cons

Their "super" search bar is terrible. Like, the worst search bar I've ever used. No matter how well we tagged items, it would never find them. It was basically useless. Thankfully our users primarily use punch-out catalog. They also don't support IF/THEN statements in much of the platform. That makes certain workflows impossible or extremely tedious.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Coupa is very good, but can still improve

Overall, Coupa works fine, it's a lot better than other expense management systems, but could still be better, particularly in the UI

Pros

Generally speaking Coupa works very well for me. I can get my expenses done fairly quickly using the software.

Cons

The UI in Coupa isn't great, moving expenses from the wallet to a report is easy to make mistake in. The UI in the mobile client isn't great and it's not obvious what you're looking at some of the time.

jennifer
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Great billing tool

Pros

It's an easy way to keep track of your invoiced and bill he companies/clients you work with

Cons

It does has a learning curve, i needed someone o guide me through the initial process, bu once you understand i it is very easy to use and keep sharing ongoing invoices

Shivam
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 13/2/2020

Good Tool to Manage Purchase Orders

Overall experience has been good. The vendor receives the purchase order once approved via email. Once the service has been received attaching the invoice and the closure procedure is easy as well.

Pros

I have been using Coupa for 2+ years. Mainly use it to create Purchase Orders to vendors. Receive invoices from suppliers. The software has an inbuilt approval process to route Purchase Orders, vendor master service agreements. The software can be synced with Microsoft office which allows you to get notifications when a request is new your queue or the Purchase Order has been approved or denied. It also allows you to run queries to tabulate budgetary expenses and track historical expenditure. Creating a Purchase Requisition is fairly easy and straightforward.

Cons

Coupa is very useful and easy to navigate but requires training to become proficient in the application. Suggestion is to create job aids/ training procedures which can be used as a reference guideline whenever needed specially for personnel not using the application too often.

Jessica

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Does what it needs to

Pros

That i can use the punchouts to directly order rom stores that link to it. It makes it way easier and takes away other steps for me

Cons

It's hard to search, right now i can't search to find items i have approved other than the administrator.

Lesha

Reviewed on 22/3/2018

Coupa is so easy to use and helps keep budgets in line, especially with approvals in place.

Pros

Coupa is easy to navigate and to understand. I can easily request payment be made for something, upload the invoice, IDT (Internal Department Transfer) specific items that our department needs, the list goes on and we have it setup with the vendors that we use to go directly to their page and once we've selected the items we would like to purchase it will send the checkout back to Coupa for approval and purchasing!

Cons

Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about Coupa. There was only one one time that we couldn't figure out why a PO# wasn't reflecting right and we kept getting emails about a PO# that was denied but it wasn't. Maybe a weird glitch once?

Ciedelle

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Coupa makes business purchasing easy

I am satisfied with how coupa is used for B2B purchases and how most vendors is easily found when issuing the PO.

Pros

I like how helpful the global search is and how integrated it is with specific punchout, also how easy it is to track and receive orders.

Cons

Copying an order should allow punchout specific items to be automatically added to the requisition.

Bhavik
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

B's thought on Coupa Expense

Pros

It is easy to use for day to day activities, featuring filters to save ample time kn searing activities. Keep records of all your data which opens endless opportunities of business optimization.

Cons

Multilevel approval stages are time consuming. Every action requires fully functioning user account, it would be great if we get tailored access to reduce costs

Todd
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Outdated usability

Pros

It does what you need it to, in terms of filing expenses and submitting. It also does a good job of other tasks like setting up new vendors and getting payments processed.

Cons

The usability is pretty archaic. It is difficult to navigate and find the function you need, especially since the front-end menu is so different than what's traditional and expected. For example, there is only one or two options, and it's done vertically, which is weird. The home screen is also pretty poor.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Spend Management made amazing, and visible, and in control.

Pros

It makes it so easy to get approvals and keep track of our current contractors. The value in time saved is more than enough to justify switching over to Coupa. Having a user oriented platform just makes the system work much quicker than it did with our previous platform.

Cons

Implementation can take some extra hours, and sometimes customer service tickets require a lot more explanation and follow up than I wanted to invest.

Justin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

Makes work shopping easy

Pros

I only really shop through the amazon portal, but it’s very simple. Sign into coupa, go to amazon through the portal, go to cart, take me back to coupa, say what it’s for and submit!

Cons

Nothing I can think of! It’s very straight forward!

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

Good for workflows but difficult to navigate

Pros

Good for integrating disparate processes across many departments if you have a multistep process to expense approvals.

Cons

Extremely difficult to use. Not intuitive in the slightest. UI is confusing and even navigation to find what you need to do, before doing the thing, is difficult. Reporting is also confusing to set up.

Sandra
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

WHY SHOULD I PAY COUPA for services rendered

HORRIBLE, UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE, we do plumbing services for $ 295.00, but I have to pay coupa $ 549 to get paid from my customer!

Pros

NOTHING, I refuse to pay coupa for my customer to pay me

Cons

Everything, nobody willing to talk to you unless I pay Coupa $ 549.00 per year to get paid by my customers.We are a small family business, why should I pay out $ 549 yearly to get paid

Scott

Reviewed on 14/4/2016

Best in Breed

Easily one of the most user friendly P2P systems on the market. If you're looking for high adoption rates from your user group, this is the tool for you. The platform is highly, yet easily configurable regardless of the industry you're in (Grocery Retail for me). Majority of the configuration is done through CSV files by the on-site Admin so there's little downtime in waiting for your off-site service provider to add items, build vendors, perform system maintenance. Con is that you need a stable ERP to really take advantage of all of the functions.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Coupa, Corporate Expenses

Pros

What I like the best about Coupa is that it automatically creates my expenses for me. Typically all I have to do is add the receipt.

Cons

What I like least about Coupa is the same thing I like because sometimes I want to get the expense submitted quickly and you have to wait for the card to be charged before you can even put a receipt into Coupa.

Jenna
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Great for Tracking Company Shipments

Overall, it's a great way to track company expenses.

Pros

I use Coupa to place orders through the company's account. We buy water bottles and snacks for our candidates when they come in for on-site interviews. Coupa provides an easy way to track our purchases, pending approvals, shipment, etc.

Cons

It can be a little confusing at first. It's not super intuitive. I was trained by someone who had been using it for years when I first started.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Easy-to-use expense management from user perspective

Submitting personal expense reports is all I use it for right now

Pros

In the past I had always worked for small companies that had very outdated methods of expense reporting. But I have recently been user this to submit expenses and have found it very easy to use without ever having touched it. It walks you through step by step and is very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing so far, I wonder if there is a way to alert an approver that they need to approve something every few days.