ApplicantStack Reviews

About ApplicantStack

An applicant tracking system is the foundation of strategic talent management. ApplicantStack capably empowers all stakeholders: internal recruiters, hiring managers, administrators and—most importantly—applicants. ApplicantStack...

4.2

Browse ApplicantStack Reviews

1,434 of 1,434 reviews
Dale
Dale

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Great Resource

This applicant tracking system is excellent and very user friendly. Their options and features make it easy to take applicants from beginning to end and also help us track where each person is in the process. The customer service has been exceptional in every instance.

Pros

The software incorporates a plethora of features which make it easy to find anything needed to successful transition applicants through the process. Their customer service is top notch and they have always responded to any questions almost immediately. The reports make tracking applicants through the entire process simple and quickly actionable when we see a bottleneck in our process. The onboarding feature has been an excellent benefit as well to help alleviate the paperwork at orientation.

Cons

It is difficult to mention anything that I liked least. Importing documents into the onboarding side for applicants to fill out can take time and effort and yet being able to self-serve in creating these has been very cost effective and helpful.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Dale!

Thank you so much for the awesome review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Please let us know if you ever need any help with importing documents. We are here to help!

Garrett
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 27/4/2021

I actually train other companies on how to use ApplicantStack because I like it so much

Pros

The most helpful feature is the ease of implementation and transparent, consistent documenting of applicants for all of the users.

Cons

It's hard to know exactly how visible your ads are in the marketplace

CareerPlug

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Better and more comprehensive service with great UI and customer support.

Snagajob

Better UI

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Garrett, thank you for leaving such a positive review for ApplicantStack!

Replied 28/4/2021
  • Industry: Government Administration

Bang for Buck

In general, the software fits in the "Best Bang for your Buck" category. It allows your company to maintain most compliance aspects, stay organized, and operate competitively with larger organizations with minimal costs. The monthly operating costs are insanely cheap compared to the absurdly expensive options like Taleo, SilkRoad, iCIMS, ADP ATS, etc. You get 90% functionality for 10% of the cost, it literally is that big of a difference in cost. Some options like Taleo, I would even say ApplicantStack offers features that are better, evening out the playing field. My HR department cut our ATS annual costs at one company from $26,000 to $3000. Some smaller to mid-sized companies that are using expensive options like Taleo simply because they don't know any better and it has been in the HR industry for so long should seriously consider migrating to save costs and actually provide a better product. Yes, migration hurts and is a pain, but this is a longterm investment to reduce overhead. For startups, this is a no-brainer.

Pros

As an applicant tracking and onboarding software, it does its job relatively glitch free. For the price, you can maintain most major aspects of compliance without spending an arm and a leg for each additional user. This is great for a smaller company. In many ways, it is even better than some of the competition that many larger companies are using because of the "name" attached, such as ADP, Taleo, etc. It is easy to use and mobile optimized from the start, something some of the big names can't say. Most of the navigation features are intuitive.

Cons

Integration with other software, such as ADP payroll, Deltek, etc., is lacking or non-existant. As your company grows in size, you start to see its limitations because they don't cater to larger companies. Also, one of the ways that Applicantstack cuts overhead costs and keeps cost low to the customer is by limiting features. There are some customization features that competitors offer that are just flat out impossible to do in this suite. There are also some quirks in how the software operates that can be frustrating.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

We do offer an integration with many other products such as ADP. Our development team is also continually adding new integrations.

I do want to point out that we also offer an open API for use with any integration. If you are looking for something specific, I would suggest you reach out to our support team. If we don't currently have it then we submit to our development team. We really do listen to our customers! Similarly, if you are looking for a particular feature, let us know! We are here to help!

Replied 23/10/2018

Top ApplicantStack Alternatives

ADP Workforce Now

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Nolog
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 1/5/2024

Handling Applicants Easily With ApplicantStack

Pros

I like the candidate management and ease of recruiting applicants.

Cons

Using ApplicantStack has been smooth - meets needs.

Wanda

Awesome Recruitment and Onboarding Software

My Experience with ApplicantStack has been great.

Pros

I have been using this software for over 2 years. I have been in the Staffing Industry for 35 years and this is one of the best software I have used. It is easy to navigate It has the recruiting and On boarding piece that integrates with each other and you can add your own forms or used their customized forms. It even has a module for you to do your payroll. The support has been excellent and the price is very reasonable. I would highly recommend this product especially for Staffing Agencies.

Cons

There is really nothing I would change. The changes that I did have as been made.

Ranee

Reviewed on 15/4/2021

Been using it for years!

I started using ApplicantStack in 2015 at a previous company. I learned the software quickly and had admin capabilities. When I switched to a new job in 2020, we stopped using a similar competitors product so we could implement ApplicantStack. It was seamless and I got everything set up and running in one work day (or less). Everything is point and click and drag/drop as you implement and afterwards. The reporting features are awesome. You could even utilize it as your employee database if you are a smaller company.

Pros

Reporting features
Notes feature
Text messaging feature
Onboarding portal (amazing!)

Cons

I wish you would coordinate payroll features with Gusto!

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Ranee, thank you for leaving such a positive review for ApplicantStack!

Replied 19/4/2021
Jared

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Great Team with a great product

Pros

Applicant Stack works with you to make a product you want to use. They customized our job board to look like our customers' webpages

Cons

It is not the prettiest looking software but that's not that big of a deal for us

Breezy

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

ApplicantStack was able to customize and integrate with the other programs we use like AxisCare

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Please let us know what we can do to earn a 5-star rating across all categories.

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

ApplicantStack - Good, Not Great

Benefits outweigh the disadvantages. I feel this is a great entry-level software package, great for smaller companies targeting local candidates for general positions. The cost is low in comparison similar products, so there's a good return on investment. Most importantly, it is very user friendly, and gets the job done quickly.

Pros

My experience with this software has been decent. The functionality is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It has multiple options for posting job openings on various job boards, and lets you post in specific locations, general regions, or nationally. The integration features with other applications saves a lot of time as well. I like the option to create personalized applicant screeners to help filter out unqualified candidates. Software can be used as an applicant database to save candidate resumes for future use.

Cons

Interface is very basic, and does not offer many features as the competing services. There is no advanced options when creating job postings which may limit the target audience, especially for more technical positions. It would be nice to have more menus and drop-down features. Also, job board options are limited, so it can be frustrating if there are multiple users.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Chris!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this detailed review. I am sure it will help many organizations in their ATS evaluation process.

We do want to make your experience great!
I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support so we can submit a feature request for you.
Please let us know what other features you are looking for. Also, please clarify what you mean by job boards are limited. We do offer manual posting links so there should be no limit to the number of job boards you post to.

Replied 24/4/2018
Dirk
Dirk
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Overall it has been a good experience. One problem that I have recently encountered is that we suddenly saw a drastic drop off in job applications being received by about 75%. I sent an email about it to see if there was anything I was missing. I never got a response, but the next day we had seven applications come in. It was just strange.

But I do think that the service is a good one.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use Applicant Stack. Reports are easily accessed and navigated to and being able to add job candidates that fill out paper/pencil applications is very helpful as well.

Cons

I feel like the customer support staff can sometimes just give you a by the book answer instead of giving you a way to resolve your problem. It can be a response that says, this is why you're having this problem rather than this is how you can fix your problem.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Dirk!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to your account manager. We want to make sure you are completely happy with ApplicantStack and that we answer all of your questions.

Replied 9/11/2018
Matthew
Matthew

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

ApplicantStack has been the perfect recruiting tool for a small company trying to grow.

Helps us manage our entire pipeline with our team of 30+ recruiters and be able to switch applicants between jobs, recruiters, positions, etc. with ease. Cost-wise it's really helped us grow and help allocate a lot of money elsewhere while using this as our central point.

Pros

Software is flexible, tech support can help you get your application to do basically whatever it is you could want to do. Once you get a handle on things as well, reporting and such is very useful and easy to get into a flow with.

Cons

It's a little clunky, but they've worked on updating it and it's far more sleek now than it was when we signed on. I do wish reporting showed us a little more within the app vs having to export spreadsheets, etc.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Matthew!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

We are thrilled with all of the positive comments. Please contact support so we can get more information from you about how you would like to see the reports. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Replied 20/4/2018

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, ApplicantStack has been extremely helpful with our hiring process. It has made our lives of sifting through 1000's of Resumes and Applications much easier and the hiring process more enjoyable. With this software, we have been able to find quality candidates and make sure nobody slips through the cracks!

Pros

This software is great for tracking candidates through the hiring process. It acts as a central hub for the entire hiring process. It allows you to track all of your current open positions, all of the actual job postings on the different platforms and job boards, the number of applicants for each job/position, indiviudal candidate information, candidate application status, interview stage, interviewer notes/comments/feedback, and candidate communication and history.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about this software is it does not create one universal profile for candidates. Instead, the candidates profile is created based on a position. Meaning, this allows for duplicates of the candidates. So, if a candidate applies for multiple positions or has applied in the past, everything is on separate profiles. It will give you an icon by the candidates name notifying you there are duplicates, however you have to click on each individual duplicate to see the candidates history. It would be much more helpful if you could click on the history of the candidate and see all the positions they have applied for, the stage they're at in the hiring process for each position, any notes left from the recruiting team or HR team from past interviews or interactions and all communication with the candidate.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team. Most companies want to keep the history separate so the feedback and history of one job doesn't influence the chances of the other job. In most cases, the other job history can be hidden from the hiring manager.

ApplicantStack User Review

Overall our experience is a positive one. It's quite cost-effective for what you get out of it. Other job boards and companies can be known to price gouge when it comes to postings, so a flat monthly rate is a nice change. The adoption of this sofware earlier this year (2018) brought us into the 21st Century (the world of everything online).

Pros

I like how well the software functions. I have not experienced any issues or glitches. Customer service is quick to respond and assist with anything you need. They don't look to screw you over - we requested a custom application and they opted to not charge us for creating it. The overall modern look of the site is a plus as well. The partnerships with online jobboards (mainly Indeed) is a major factor in applicant turnout, as that is where we receive the majority of ours from. Nearly every question you have can be answered with prewritten questions and responses for just about every aspect and function. Customization is a huge player in this software - you can order and lay out exactly how you want your data and information to be presented to you so you don't have anything that is unnecessary.

Cons

The formatting of certain aspects is sometimes a pain. When you are writing a job post, the window you type the text is set fairly short as far as how much vertical space it takes up on the page. It is not expandable like other text boxes can be, so it's a pain to see what you are working on sometimes if you have a lot of text.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi David!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack. We greatly appreciate it and feel this will be extremely helpful for anyone looking at an ATS solution.

Regarding the job listing page: There is a maximize button in the tool bar that you can select to expand the window! The icon has four arrows pointing outwards.

Please contact support if you need further assistance. We are here to help!

Rachel

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

It’s great!

It has been wonderful and we have had the same contact for our whole time with them!

Pros

I like that it’s very user friendly. And the customer service had been great!

Cons

There are limitations to design but for the cost it is to be expected. Not an issue with what we need though.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing ApplicantStack

Cost

Workday HCM

Customer service and cost

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.
I will forward your feedback to our development team.

Cathy

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Solid, dependable software, does what we need it to do. Excellent customer service. Thank...

Pros

Eliminates paper applications, easy to send one email to multiple candidates, easy to use. One of the best decisions we made to improve our Recruiting & Hiring process.

Cons

1) Expensive for multiple users, we have limited our users due to the high cost;
2) Wish there were a better way to capture notes within candidate records that aren't 'buried' in tabs and mouse clicks. Putting notes into the application fields ends up pushing the row size too large. Is there a way to create a sort of "sidebar" for each candidate where the user could put in a lot more text for notes? Also, have a similar "sidebar" on the main screen.
3) Reminders - would like reminders to be sent through the system to the Hiring Managers about their interviews, etc.
4. Wish there were a way to integrate with our payroll software.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Cathy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. We take feedback very seriously. We also pride ourselves in being one of the most affordable systems available.

You can easily view candidate notes in the History tab. The filters at the top allow you to see only the notes if you prefer.

We do have task reminders. These are emailed to the user and they can easily see their tasks on their own home screen.

Please contact support if you need any further information.

Replied 20/4/2018
Laiba

Reviewed on 4/5/2023

ApplicantStack Honest Review

I've had a good experience overall. I'm grateful that appstack now provides messaging.It works well for a tiny business with little activity.The program is simple to set up, navigate, and track previous candidates.

Pros

I've had a great time using ApplicantStack.Using this program has helped us attract a lot of candidates.This is incredibly helpful and simple to get into a flow with once you get a grasp on things as well.It's wonderful to have sorting options, and I like that you can attach questions for the candidate to answer. It's also simple to build personalized messages for different recruitment requirements.I also appreciate that we can alter the docs.Customer care is always incredibly quick to respond to difficulties, which don't arise very often.

Cons

I have absolutely no significant issues or dislikes. There is one little difficulty with reporting stage progression. I also wish we could look up candidates by phone number. The only issue I have is that many of the prospects do not receive the emails since they end up in their spam folders.

Adam
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

I would recommend Applicant Stack to anyone.

Pros

With the ease of the portal system, everything is in one place.

Cons

The employees profiles for different jobs, I wish there were easier ways to Do Not Pursue on incoming Applications

Paycom

Response from Swipeclock

Thanks for the great review Adam! For help managing incoming applicants you can learn more in the knowledge base or can connect you with your account manager.

Replied 11/7/2023
Amy
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Regretful Implementation

It has not been good. Besides the clunkiness of building out workflows and hiring packages, what's really lacking is the customer service. We started out with 1 person and they would get frustrated with our lack of ability to do their job and blame us. Any time we ask for help on design, we get sent a video. Just do it, isn't that the point of paying for implementation?

Pros

In the beginning, we liked some of the features of being able to see exactly where a candidate was in process, being able to customize hiring document packages, and what we thought was remote I9 ability. This was a decision made while our internal onboarding was being finalized.

Cons

There is no ease of use. Everything has to be built from scratch. Every workflow has to be designed and thought out. If you aren't used to creating workflows, like myself, this becomes real old real fast.

Breezy and Able by Bullhorn

Reasons for Switching to ApplicantStack

Cost and supposed ease of use.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Amy!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.
Since I do not know all of the details that you are describing, I will forward this to your account manager. We take this feedback very seriously and want to address it. Please know that what you are describing is not typical and we apologize for any frustration you are experiencing.

Replied 4/12/2019
Melissa
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Still very happy!

They recently changed their user interface and had a really annoying feature where all filters “collapsed” every time you made a selection. We sent a few change requests to their customer service team, and they actually listened! It took about 3.5 months to implement the change, but it’s fixed now and all is right with the world again. It’s nice to see they take change requests seriously and want to improve their product to meet user needs!

Pros

We've been using ApplicantStack for over a year, and it's still a great product! They just did a major update that changed the user interface a bit, and for the most part it was an improvement. Still absolutely amazing for the price - it's based on recruiter/HR/admin users, as opposed to employees or # of applicants like with Taleo or iCims.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Melissa!

We are very pleased that you are still very happy with ApplicantStack. We want to continue to do everything to make our customers happy. We are glad that you like the new user interface and its many enhancements. I am not sure exactly when you wrote this review but as of yesterday, Nov 14 we pushed a feature to production that allows the filters to stay expanded. As you mentioned, we listen and take feedback very seriously however some items take more time than others. Keep sending us feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Replied 15/11/2017
Manish
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

super

great

Pros

easy to use, easy for onboarding, easy for HR

Cons

I did not feel disappointed, but little bit enchantment required

Microsoft Power BI

Bitbucket
Todd
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Game changer!

Pros

The results - at tgg hg evens of the day that’s all that matters!!

Cons

Takes a lot to understand - it’s not super user friendly - example - if you don’t have a location where u are placing the ad - u have to know how to edit the drop downs and add more locations - their may be a tutorial on how to do this but I figured it all out on my own

Response from Swipeclock

Thanks Todd!!! We appreciate this awesome review. I will forward your concerns to our development team. Yes, there is a tutorial in the help center.

Replied 18/12/2019
Ashley
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

ApplicantStack User

The overall experience has been pleasant. No major issues or difficulties with usage.

Pros

ApplicantStack is a standard recruiting system and our company uses the system to recruit applicants. The onboarding feature is helpful and we use it to allow new hire to complete their onboarding documentation. You can pretty much tailor ApplicantStack to how you choose to use it (such as what questions to ask on an application, etc).

Cons

Wish that customer support had a customer service number to get quicker answers instead of only emailing in inquiries. The onboarding feature does not allow applicants to edit documents that have been submitted, so an administrator would need to re-assign the same document for new hire to complete again instead of just editing (which would be easier).

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for the great review of ApplicantStack. For more information on support and onboarding I'd be happy to connect you with your account manager and you can learn more in our knowledge base linked below.

Replied 11/7/2023
Melissa

Applicant Stack Usage Review

Excellent. Easy to use. Easy to track former applicants.

Pros

Targets a broad base of candidates. Better response we have ever received with prior recruiting software & outside sources

Cons

I wish it could download the applicants directly into ADP.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Melissa!

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.

We have an integration with ADP - contact support or your account manager for more information.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Applicantstack - Simplify your hiring

Pros

Applicantstack made my recruitment life simpler. I was thrilled to have discovered this cloud based software. I managed the recruitment for 20 office locations for a home health care organization. This software was very friendly to use and posted to all the major job aggregators. I never had any interfacing issues and they were constantly improving their system. Their tech support was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

I enjoyed being able to rate the applicants, communicate with them and more right from one screen. I was also able to access applications from my smartphone which was extremely useful.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I am so glad I found them. The system improved our hiring significantly and made my job easier.

Replied 24/1/2019
Alicia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

ApplicantStack Review

Overall, Applicant Stack is by far the best ATS I've used other systems have been a nightmare to set up and did not work well with accommodating the organizations structure and hiring process. I also can not stress enough how much I LOVE the fact it is easy for our hiring managers to use. The last ATS I used (at a different company ) was so complicated I had to hold training's monthly to remind my managers how to use it

Pros

ApplicantStack is easy to use and implement. As an HR professional I appreciate how user friendly it is, its very simple and easy for our hiring to learn how to use

Cons

When emailing candidates and hires through applicant stack there seems to be some issues with emails not going through into their inbox. Unfortunately this has caused us to lose a few potential hires

Response from Swipeclock

Thank you for writing a review about ApplicantStack.Please contact support so we can get more information from you about the issue you are experiencing.

Replied 18/12/2019
Issac
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 20/4/2018

Great way to maintain online applications

Pretty dependable, we are able to receive applications online via our website with no issues.

Pros

Easy to access and receive applications. Easy to export applications. The information stays in the system indefinitely, so I never have trouble accessing a application from years prior. Application is customize-able.

Cons

Wish there was an ability to get an applicants real signature with a program such as docusign, we run into trouble when requesting background information because companies do not always accept digital signatures. When customizing, it can get a little confusing with the amount of 'applicant stage' options.

Response from Swipeclock

Hi Issac!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about ApplicantStack.

I will forward your feedback to our development team. Please contact support and let us know how we can assist you with making the applicant stage options less confusing to you.

Replied 23/4/2018