About Zoho Inventory

Zoho Inventory is a cloud-based inventory management solution designed for small to midsize businesses. It features inventory management modules including reporting and analysis, vendor managed inventory and lot traceability. It...

4.2

Browse Zoho Inventory Reviews

Ankush

Reviewed on 21/5/2022

Track inventory on the go!

Zoho Inventory is highly recommended, affordable and value for money software. Very useful for Micro, small & Medium Enterprises. Awesome if you use Zoho books.

Pros

Zoho Inventory is a feature loaded tool and following are the gamechanger pros of the tool:
1. Comes with multiple APIs to integrate system
2. Comes with frequent and timely updates
3. GST compliant: HSN and tax rates
4. Easy integration with Zoho Books
5. Easy order and warehouse management
6. Quick and easy dashboarding and pre designed reports

Cons

Zoho Inventory is a fabulous software to manage inventory. Inventory In and Out Manual changes can be more user friendly.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 1/11/2020

Zoho Review

Keeping track of sales on eBay, our website, and other platforms where we sell such as Google Shopping can be confusing but Zoho makes it very easy to keep track of all three on one database without the confusion.

Pros

Zoho is really easy to use and affordable, especially for a small business. I like that it creates your own invoices that you can send to customers. I like that you can keep track of multiple warehouses on one page. These are small features that make Zoho really great.

Cons

The software is easy to use but still has some features that I would love to see changed. We run a small eBay business and there is often difficulty in merging products. I cannot go back and fix this later on. Sometimes this will make the inventory numbers look different than what they are. This is also part of a human error, but I wish there was a feature on Zoho that would help me reconcile inventory when I make a mistake with merging products.

Gregory
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

Shopify users, beware of Zoho!

Impossible to contact the dev team, even by email, which would have saved me two years of lost development time on my end. There is not even an effective communication channel between Customer Support and their own development team. It's one of those "I.T. doesn't talk to inferior beings" outfits. You know the type.
Low integrity: If you make a mistake and misguide a paying customer, accept responsibility and issue a refund. It's the very least they could have done.

Pros

On paper, Zoho had all the flexibility and scalability we were looking for, but it turns out that it is incompatible with a Shopify store that has more than a few months of data. It won't import the data. This is not a misunderstanding and there is no workaround. Details below.

Cons

We bought it to be our CRM and Inventory Management System for our Shopify office furniture store. On installation, it would only import the last two months of transactions from Shopify. That's a disaster. For all of our regular customers, they'd have two accounts and we'd have to look in both places to find a past order, not to mention re-creating all of their account data by hand in the new system if they hadn't purchased in the last two months, and we'd have no idea what their lifetime value was.
Zoho support was sure I had done something wrong. It took weeks for them to decide that Shopify was the problem. They told me Shopify was blocking the export of the data. So I called Shopify. They told me (in an hour) that they have an automatic block to prevent hacking but all Zoho had to do was to call them and they'd unblock them!
Over a period of weeks, I tried to get to the right department to tell the install team or dev team about this, and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. They kept insisting it was a Shopify problem. A support rep got back to me a few months later and said the limitation had actually been built into Zoho and it would be fixed in the next version update. So, foolishly, I kept paying. I kept checking in and finally, two years later, they told they have no plans to fix this problem, and no, I couldn't have a refund even though I was waiting for them to fix what they told me they would fix, and had never used the product.

Top Zoho Inventory Alternatives

Jeff
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Almost there

Helped us with our inventory, quotes and sales orders. Ultimately switched to another product with more control over selling units and templates.

Pros

Ease of use, online access, cost. Simple to implement. Informative reports.

Cons

To sell as different units had to create different item code and bundle/unbundle. Would like more control over templates - the built in ones take up too many pages when numerous items. To search as typing have to know how an item is named.

Kory
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Great system without a crazy budget

Pros

For the price, you get an amazing amount of tools for managing inventory. It has a great integration with Amazon and makes everything sync very easily.

Cons

You can't segment customers based on purchase items.

Roxanne

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Zoho seemed like the perfect solution - but every feature is half-baked

I thought it was the perfect software, but everything I needed it to do proved to be unfinished or unavailable.

Pros

What attracted me to Zoho was the seemingly user-friendly interface, which lended to jumping around from customer profiles, financials, to products, orders, etc quite fluidly. It lets you have multiple currency price lists which is HARD TO FIND. I liked the possibility to easily upgrade to other Zoho products like the CRM.

Cons

Every other feature that was important to my setup was only partially available, or had major limitations leaving the "features" useless. Woocommerce integration is shown as available through a third party - but that plugin is both expensive and DOES NOT WORK. Shopify connection ONLY GOES ONE WAY (shopify to zoho, NO INVENTORY SYNCING!!) The Sales Order/Shipping/Invoicing system is unnecessarily messy and very hard to truly automate, due to lack of connections.

Orderhive and inFlow Inventory

Tradegecko was sunsetting.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

It seemed to offer the most syncing options and best workflow. It did not.
Ryan

Reviewed on 13/7/2022

Zoho Inventory for the win

We are a growing company that was in need of a sophisticated inventory management system. we found it in zoho

Pros

I loved how easy it was to connect to our shopify store. to my surprise, it was also able to connect to Ebay. It also connects to Paypal, which makes our money transactions easier to handle, limiting our stress. Using this software, we were able to keep a very accurate inventory while selling across multiple online platforms. It is worth the cost because this helps prevent any inventory shortages and lost orders because of a lack of inventory

Cons

The original setup was a very lengthy, which there were multiple confusing parts. There could also be a few more reports that come standard, we needed to make multiple custom reports, which also took lots of time and man power.

LINA MARIA

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Easy to use and very effective

Pros

We acquired Zoho Inventory through our Computer and Computing Department, which, observing the great problems that were presented to us with the classification of samples, offered this excellent tool that, complemented with other software, has substantially improved our performance at work.

Zoho Inventory is a powerful tool that allows us an adequate and standardized classification of our chemical samples, converting them into information that can be inventoried, leaving as a result the organization that every company or corporation in charge of the chemical area wants, that is, a sample coherently organized. For this reason we strongly recommend this software.

Cons

A software that is constantly updated and improved, based on the observations and suggestions of its users; with a technical department of high capabilities that identify software problems and improve them in their updates, because I believe it is a software that has no weak points that have to be reviewed here.

Edgar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/3/2022

Very happy

Pros

Ease of use, very simple and it integrates easily with Shopify

Cons

Would love to see to see a real-time sync of inventory

Anand
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

One of the best application for Inventory management

Pros

It's one of the best applications for Inventory Management in small-scale businesses. It's easy to deploy and easy to use too!

Cons

The cost is a little bit high compared to its features.

• Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 24/1/2022

Good software for managing serial numbered inventory

I'm tracking identical items by serial number from multiple suppliers for warranty support purposes. The software makes it easy.

Pros

Easy to understand and use, although I have accounting experience

Cons

Needs better and more customizable reporting

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

Cost, ease of use, specific solution for serial number tracking
Abid
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

Zoho Inventory for Trading business and Manufacturing concerns

Though I am still exploring ZOHO Inventory but the best part was ease of use and instant impact on inventory management.

Pros

1- Its best for the Trading business.
2- The best thing is the ease of use. you don't have to be an accountant or a professional inventory manager to understand this software.
3- It is real-time. You don't have to wait for a department or server to process the command so that the information gets reflected.
4- Any prior period adjustment of cost or quantity, automatically adjust the costing and all the other accounts.
5- The best feature of Zoho is availability of customer service 24/7
6- For bulk data, you don't have to key in one by one. You just have to arrange the whole data in a specific format and upload it.
7- Composite items is the Bill of Material, which is gives you the option of calculating variances.
8- If you want to add an extra material, other than what is defined in the standard formula, you can do that.
9- The warehouse option helps you to keep track of inventory in each warehouse. While invoicing your customer, you can select the specific warehouse.
10- It is very well integrated with the ZOHO Books.
11- The Taxes can also be handled easily through Inventory module

Cons

1- For large organizations where multiple levels of warehouses exist and they require different approvals before issuance and receiving of materials or products, ZOHO inventory doesn't seems to provide that functionality.
2- You cannot print delivery notes on ZOHO Inventory, for that you have to go to ZOHO Books.
3- If you want to receive a product on multiple purchase orders together, you cannot. You have to receive the product of one purchase order at a time.
4- You can specify a purchase or sales price of a product but you cannot specify that as per the supplier of customer.

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Easy to use and affordable

As I mentioned before, its probably the only software affordable that includes all the necessary features to run a small company like mine.

Pros

Integration with Shopify very easy. Pricing affordable with many features for a small company to afford.

Cons

Clients with different currencies not easy. I am a company in Canada with Inventory in the USA and most of my customers are in USA.

DEAR and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Inventory

I need it integration online with Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Inventory

I can track serial numbers
Arjun
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Good for Trading, should improvise for manufacturing companies

I've found a way around to add BOM using composite item feature but Zoho definitely should consider including Bill of materials option in the inventory. it is literally impossible for a manufacturing company to use this software without BOM. otherwise it's really good, nicely integrated with Zoho books

Pros

I loved the Composite item feature but multiple bundling option could be more helpful and less time consuming.

Cons

Lack of Bill of materials. As a manufacturing and trading company it becomes extremely difficult to increase stock without BOM.

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

My sales, shipping, and accounting are integrated into one platform

If I do not have enough inventory to ship a full sales order, I am able to make partial shipments. When new inventory goes in, I can go back to see what I need to ship to complete that partial shipment

Pros

I can make shipments directly from my sales order. It integrates pitney bowes shipping software, so I can ship USPS first class and Priority without having to leave the ZOHO platform

Cons

I wish they had plans for smaller companies. We only need two users, but the plan they offer to go from one user to multiple users is 4-5x the amount we pay for 1 user. I just doesn't make economical sense to pay 5x the amount just to add one more user.

Julio

Reviewed on 13/1/2022

Overall Experience Good. Not Fully Convinced of Scalability

Overall experience is decent. We're going to start scaling it a lot more and will really test how well it performs.

Pros

One of the key features is the ease of set up and configuration. Customization options are also decent. The ability to operate in multiple currencies is also key.

Cons

The workflow for PO entry, sales order entry and their relationship can be cumbersome and may not necessarily scale well. There are options for bulk import, but with limitations.
Pricing on one section of their site when you are starting a trial shows one price. When you are converting from the trial, it shows a different price. This is misleading.
Multi-warehouse option is not available in the free version

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 21/9/2019

SMART

what you can not measure; you can not manage

ZOHO help to measure precisely and manage in smart way

Pros

SMART Software; right choice to manage and develop the business

Cons

No software can be installed on the office PC or server; so no data can be stored locally

you can not work offline at any circumstances

Odoo and inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Inventory

more features value of money

Value of Money
Ann

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

A Must Have for Business

Pros

We found Zoho after years of putting up with a software that doesnt work for our company. Glad we did, because we havent looked back since. Ease of use, very user friendly and OUTSTANDING customer service!

Cons

Nothing really. Nothing that their customer service cant handle.

Fabien
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

Loving Zoho

I love Zoho and all its products. When everything works together, it's amazing.

Pros

When alll Zoho app work together it's wonderful. Support is always fast and helpful.

Cons

Maybe better integration with e-commerce platform like Woocomerce and Prestashop

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 6/5/2019

Use of Zoho Inventory system in Russia

With Zoho Inventory I am running a stock control, as well as creating orders, invoices and packages.

Pros

Easy to use and much fuctionallity software. I was looking for this kind of software for my small stock management. Highly recommend to use for improving business efficiency, and most importantly to control your business at a fingertip (App is working perfectly). Multiuser system helps to accommodate different activities and job specifications to use employee, thus creating a functional vertical integration value chain. All actions are stored and as an Admin I can observe actions of my empoyees. More control less arguments and distraction for business efficiency.

Cons

Some of my employees are native in Russian language, and unfortunately Zoho Inventory is not running on Russian language, that is the only thing I would like to add. Everything else working perfectly.

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

OK but limitations are a deal breaker

OK

Pros

Ease of use
Full feature mobile app
Pricing - not too expensive

Cons

Limitations on custom fields, there can be 2-3 custom fields of the same type
Multi-select custom fields can only have up to 5

ERPNext
Purushotham
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

Good to Go With

Good

Pros

Very Convenient & User Friendly
You get almost all Options

Cons

Customer Support is not Prompt.
we need to leave a message & they will get back to us at a irrelevant time

Amitabh
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Feedback

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and available on mobile. Inventory on the go is the best thing that happened to us.

Cons

We don't find any problem with this software as such.

Tanya

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

The only inventory tool you will ever need

Pros

This tool allows me to record my sales, purchases and other expenses. Send quotes and invoices to clients from within the tool, as well as store contact details for my client and suppliers list.

Cons

When doing the composite items, the tax for individual items aren't added to the total cost, so you have to manually adjust the total cost.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Good As a Bundle With Other Zoho Softwares But Could Be Made More Industry Specific

Overall it was an average experience, could have been better if the specific features could be added through the interface.
Data entry for multiple items is a lot of hassle since we have many items and each item has to be feeded individualy. Would be better if we can upload the items data through a self created template.

Integration with other Zoho Softwares
Simplified tracking

Cons

Can have more features specific to Industry
Only General features considered
Hard to make changes as per the requirement