RingCentral Video Reviews

About RingCentral Video

RingCentral Video is a cloud-based video conferencing solution designed to help businesses conduct meetings and enable team members to share documents, collaborate, edit files and manage multiple users in a centralized platform....

Browse RingCentral Video Reviews

Guiliana
Guiliana
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

RingCentral for meetings

Ringcentral meetings give us the opportunity to connect with our clients in an effective way. Also, it s great to use inside our company to connect our offices over the world.

Pros

I´ve been using RingCentral at work since I got hired in the Company. For me it has been an important tool since the majority of our clients are contacted via telephone conferences. Also, ringcentral is very helpful for us because we have 2 main locations Miami and Bogota and we use it to comunicate between both offices the entire day. Ringcentral is very helpful in situations in which you need to connect your clients with people in different offices. Even if you don´t use the video feature you know who is speaking because the name of the person appears in the entire screen (which is super usefull if you are connected which several persons at the same time). I had also use it via cellphone and it is super easy to use, you only need to call a particular number and then mark the code of the meeting, for me this is important in cases when I have a meeting but I´m in the middle of traffic or something similar. Ringcentral also offers you the opportunity to share your screen so everyone in the meeting can see your presentations and you can even give them the control of your screen so they can make changes directly to any document if you need it, we use this feature between the teams in Bogota and Miami and it is super usefull because we can work in several things at the same time.

Cons

I don´t have any complaints about this software, for me it has been very helpful.

Bruce

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

RingCentral - Great tool for virtual meetings and screen sharing

Very pleased. Performance of RingCentral Meetings has dramatically improved from some years ago.

Pros

The ease of setting up and connecting to meetings is outstanding. After deciding what selective applications or screens to share on my PC, I select share and the other party can instantly view my screen or vice versa.

Connecting to the URL for the visual portion is a URL click away. I can choose to call in or use the PC audio to connect to the voice call. Multi-user meetings are also easy for everyone to connect to with high fidellity audo and video.

Cons

Not a big issue, but having to drop sharing of one screen to connect to another is annoying. I either should be able to click on another screen that would drop sharing from the previous screen automatically or allow a limited number of multiple screens.

Kirsten

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

DO NOT CHOOSE RING CENTRAL!

We've had Ring Central for 9 months, in that time, we've had nothing but problems. We've been on with support on an almost weekly basis for the same issues. At one point in time, we had one phone that wouldn't ring until we'd been open for 2 hours. Tech support couldn't figure it out, one of our employees figured out it was set to a different time zone. We had an issue that was finally put to a tier 2 tech support agent, but it took 3 months to get connected with them. Now that we've been released from our contract, porting is an issue too. They don't allow for a corporate and a doing business as name, nor do they allow for more than one decision maker in the company. If it isn't word for word what is in the account settings, you can't port your number over. I even tried calling to let them know, but it had to be our DBA name and the name on the account. Take your business elswhere!

Pros

nothing, it's horrible. Very user unfriendly

Cons

Hard to use, too many software issues, horrible support

Response from RingCentral

Hi Kirsten,

First of all, I would like to personally apologize for the experience.

I want to know what happened and understand where we can improve or maybe figure out how we can win you back. Can you please share with me your contact information so I can personally reach out to you.

Thanks,

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/7/2019

Great meeting software

Pros

I use for consultation meetings on monthly basis. I like the simple yet effective interface. Simplicity when trying to point or present something to audience or the presenter

Cons

None so far. I’ve had great experience so far

Greg
Greg

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Pros

After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Cons

Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

RingCentral is becoming the best in this industry

I've had a wonderful experience using RingCentral and Hope the price is in an area where we can use RingCentral for quite some time

Pros

There are so many pros with RingCentral including their extensive list of third-party apps that you can integrate with RingCentral, single sign on and so much more

Cons

My only con would be getting in touch with their customer service can be difficult at times but once you get in touch with them they're very helpful

Zoom Workplace

Zoho Meeting, Google Meet and LogMeIn
Kristi
Kristi
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Great Project Management Tool

Glip has transformed our team communication efforts. I no longer worry if a task is going to be completed on time or forgotten. WIth Glip, we are able to stay organized and communicate more effencently. It has met our needs well.

Pros

Glip has allowed my marketing team to work and communicate more efficiently. We market 40+ events annually, and Glip has allowed us to organize each event marketing plan, assign team-specific tasks, and upload documents with ease so that everyone on the team is informed. The organization and task management capabiliites of this software has been one of the best communications tools that we have ever used as a department.

Cons

The task assignment feature has been vital to our team, but it does not have the option of changing the task progress. Tasks can only be listed as incomplete or complete. I would love to have the capability, to change a task status to options like: working, pending approval, assistance needed, etc. so that our team can know what tasks others are struggling with or at what stage a task might be in.

Debora

Reviewed on 20/8/2023

I love the product

Meeting can be held at any time, any day without meeting physically. These helps the business save a little since there is no transportation costs.

Pros

I love the screen recording and sharing tool. I also love that our conversation is saved after the meeting. All these for future references. I get to see all my team members who are in the US while I am in Kenya. We interact, share ideas and it all seems like a face to face meeting!

Cons

I do not have any complains about this software, it has been a great product according to me. I LOVE IT.

Camille
Camille

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Gets the Job Done Well

Easy to use, convenient for conference calls and sharing screens

Pros

I don't pay the invoice, I've never needed customer service, and I rarely use video. That being said, I don't think I've ever had a technical issue with RingCentral. It's great for screensharing and conference calls, signal is fantastic. In fact, I downloaded the RingCentral apps for my laptop and iPhone so I can use them remotely. Very convenient!

Cons

The UX is a bit clunky. Sometimes RingCentral creates multiple windows and goes fullscreen, and it takes more than a couple clicks to get things formatted how you want them. Exiting meetings isn't entirely intuitive either. With a few UX edits, I think this tool would be stellar!

Leo
Leo
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Glip is a great alternative for slack

Pros

A lot of built in things. Think of it as Slack more oriented business and project management. Calendar, task tracking, collaborative document edition, you name it ... all in one place.

Cons

Could we please have code highlighting or verbatim in the chat? A bit more of support for IT project management would be great!

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Great product for remote meetings

Good over all experience. We have rolled it out to over 150 users and have full adoption within the company.

Pros

Scheduling, participating, and joining meetings are very simple. The video quality is always on par. Joining the audio through phone or computer is also very simple.

Cons

The recordings are not easily accessed for review or deletion by the end user. This causes the available space to fill up throwing errors.

Cisco AnyConnect and Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing RingCentral Video

We switched to obtain all the features of an enterprise class phone system.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Glip also known as just RingCentral

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Pros

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

A powerful free communication tool

Glip was a very nice tool for communication and file sharing. We rarely ran into any issues while using it. The web app is working fine but the windows client is not as responsive and updates were avoided since they created frustration for no reason.

Pros

Glip is completely free to use for chatting and sharing files.
Glip offers a very well maintained solution for communication with a lot of options to organised said communications.
It easy to add people outside your organisation and still being able to discuss and share with them.

Cons

It hasn't really evolved during the past 5 years.
The plugins are very limited and there's not much documentation offered to explain how to use them.
Calendar is not very advanced and not really good for team management

Kieran
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

Glip Review

During business hours, it is great for keeping on top of everything. As a manager, I need to be in the loop of everything that goes on in this building. Glip is a great way to be informed and have constant communication. It documents what has been said and when which is a great reference for any business owner. Let's face it, constant communication is KEY and utilizing Glip offers that.

Pros

Glip is an interactive digital communication system that allows users to communicate throughout facilities without ever having to leave their seat. I would recommend Glip to any company that has more than 1 department. Glip allows secure and confidential communication to a group of users as well as individual users for discretionary purposes.

Cons

If you sign up for glip on your phone, you can never REALLY turn it off. Messages keep coming thru regardless if you are signed on or not.

Josh

Reviewed on 29/7/2017

Not a great Solution!

As a smaller company, ringcentral worked okay for us. But as we grew the call quality we received continued to get worse. We would try to work with the support to figure out what was going on but we could never fully resolve the issues.

Pros

NONE. Quality issues on a large network that they cant resolve, we confirmed Ive done everything on my side that is possible. The other issue is that half the time I call there customer support department I have to tell them how to do there job... very frustrating.

Cons

Our company purchase Ring Central thinking it would save us money by consolidating the phones and webinar. The lines are horrible. When you call someone, there's a delay then you hear your own voice in the background as you are speaking and you are talking over your caller too!

Adam

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Makes Communication Faster and Easier

Glip is through Ring Central and was a nice 'add-on' that you get with their product. We started using it because it was available and it has been very helpful.

Pros

It's a great tool that makes communicating in the office faster and easier. You can have different message groups set up so that you're sending the right messages to the right people. Its easy to use and in the years we've been using it we haven't had an issues.

Cons

We don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use it for the basic messaging functionality and have not run into any issues with it.

Guada
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Standard virtual meeting software

Good meeting platform with good functionalities and room for improvement.

Pros

Good functionalities for meetings, including recording, sharing, meeting pre settings and chat saving.

Cons

For some recurring meetings if the host is not there, it shows a message that states the time/date for the meeting in the past and not the current one. The tool also updates and restarts very often.

Santosh
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 4/3/2020

Ring central meetings - Reviews

- Overall it is a very good tool available in the market.

Pros

- Ring Central meetings is one of the efficient tool available in the market to schedule meetings with anyone with internet access
- Ring Central meetings is very easy to implement and use
- Ring Central meetings is very powerful when compared to many others in the market.

Cons

- The pricing can be more affordable
- The support can be more helpful
- They can implement more features in the product

Aspen
Aspen

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Easy to hold meetings with anyone anywhere!

Great experience! I use it for work all the time and school!

Pros

That each person in the office has their own meeting line, so you don't have to make sure that someone else has a meeting scheduled at that time.

Cons

I have a hard time "scheduling" a meeting for future. Typically I just have to schedule it in my calendar, then send an invitation with the dial/join information to those who need to attend. Wish I could schedule straight from ring central!

Nathy

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

I love Glip without Glip I wouldn't have a team

Overall great software

Pros

Glip has allowed me to keep my virtual and in-house team connected at all times. We have the ability to manage different teams, have different conversations about projects and subjects. I love how organized it allows you to be. We have an app so no one ever miss out on any important notes.

Cons

We would like the ability to temporarily block agents to logging into glip without removing them as a user. Also we would like the ability to restrict some employees from downloading the app as sensitive information are shared on Glip.

Amanda

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

RingCentral Video Great For Virtual Communication!

Pros

Great tool. Combines all that a virtual worker needs! Great video features and screen sharing features as well! Love the ability to schedule a meeting and add it to your calendar as well as send invites to those that need to be in the meeting.

RingCentral mobile app gives you 24/7 access anywhere you have an internet connection! Having this program on your mobile device is great because you can get up from your computer and know that you can answer calls from anywhere at anytime!

Cons

RingCentral is a great tool. Sometimes the video freezes. If that happens our users just turn off the video and its seems to work great after that. This rarely happens!

Reviewed on 27/8/2018

Glip works to foster collaboration

Pros

Its easy to use and the layout are intuitive. This helps users feel comfortable with the interface making it more likely to be used. There is sufficient functionality to make it very useful without being overwhelming.

Cons

I wish it had better administrator controls over groups/teams and a high level view of how content is being created in the organization.

Reviewed on 19/9/2018

It works, but I miss a lot of messages

Pros

It has a nice clean design, and it allows us to create teams and private chat groups.

Cons

The notifications need work - for some reason, I don't always get notified of incoming messages...often I don't realize I've gotten a message in the desktop app until I look at my phone and see a notification there.

Response from RingCentral

Hi,

Thank you for supporting Glip. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to help you troubleshoot. Please contact our Support Team so we can investigate why you're not receiving notifications: https://success.ringcentral.com/RCContactSupp

Replied 24/9/2018
Rivka
Rivka
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Glip is great for small teams!

Glip is great for teams who have multiple projects they're working on, and need to collaborate remotely. It has really been great in helping us organize an collaborate on our projects.

Pros

I love that I can create tasks, and chat directly on the task so all questions regarding that task is available at a click. IT has a really quick chat feature, so it's great when working on a project with other mebers of your team remotely.

Cons

There are softwares better for task management - I don't love the interface for setting a project up.

Phillip
Phillip

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Very easy to use and a great way to communicate with my team. More fun to use than emailing.

Very easy to use and helps increase the communication with the team.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use and how it has changed the way we communicate in the office. Emails can get cluttered and missed, but Glip allows you to quickly get your message across to the team in a fun way. If issues are going on, or if we need to meet, Glip makes it super easy to communicate that to the team. It is instant messaging in today's world. We can even quickly share websites, attachments, and is mobile friendly.

Cons

It would be nice to have notifications come up if a meeting is organized, similar to a calendar invite through Outlook.