About Hike

Hike is a cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) system that features an iPad app. It includes inventory management, e-commerce, appointment booking and sales reporting and analytics. This system supports single location retailers up to...

3.8
3.8
4.2

Browse Hike Reviews

Viv L.

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

Great POS software for Fashion Retail/wholesale

Saves 30% of my time and helps me understand my business while I am busy traveling away from the head office.

Pros

Ease of use - multilingual to support my staff, very intuitive, excellent support at 5 am in the morning - real 24/7. Highly recommend this software !!

Cons

would not recommend using touchscreen POS as mainly design to work with PC/Mac via browser or on an iPad with Hike IOS app.

Shanna B.

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

We are so happy we switched to Hike POS!

From day one Hike has been a breeze to set-up and use, and is less stressful for us than the prior POS systems we tried (Quickbooks POS, Vend POS, Korona POS, Litespeed). The support staff has been super friendly, responsive and helpful. Rather than giving us flippant answers with links to FAQs, they have actually provided constructive and personalized responses. Rather than saying options aren't available, they actually put it up for consideration as a new feature if it doesn't already exist. It hasn't had the connection issues like Vend was been having, where their servers go down for half the day and can't handle offline sales.

Pros

The features are so customizable and rich! We required the ability to handle a complex inventory and were having trouble finding a POS that could handle our demands, but Hike has exceeded our expectations! They handle our needs for separate SKU/UPCs (which Vend POS didn't). The Sell screen has the ability to show how many products are on hand for products, and is not laggy like other browser systems have been for us, which is helping keep our inventory accurate. Customers are thrilled with the new in-house point system, which is cost effective for us compared to using 3rd party point systems commonly used in our industry. It works seamlessly with Woo Commerce, which has been nice too! The reporting tools are helpful and full of variety, and we are enjoying the custom report feature as well! It even has the ability to create products that are assembled from other products, which we plan on using for bundled deals - and is totally suitable for restaurant or retail! They are the best in versatility by far!

Cons

It's a little more "click" intensive sometimes, where options are specific to the items and harder to 'apply to all' on purchase orders, or has common pitfalls such as browser compatibility (they recommend Chrome, but Opera did work with a few differences).

Cin7 and KORONA

Reasons for Choosing Hike

Vend was having server issues, lacked features we required (separate SKU/UPC), had horrible customer service - both with attitude and with delay in response (sometimes taking a week to reply!)

Reasons for Switching to Hike

Hike was the only one that could handle our complex inventory, and has been super easy to work with since the first sales call! They have not let us down one bit! It was easy to set-up (unlike Cin7), it handles our complex product variants (unlike Korona and Litespeed) and it is not laggy or lacking in features (like Vend!)

Response from Hike

Hi Shanna,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Glad to hear that you are happy switching to Hike. We always improving our platform based on customer feedback and have heaps of new features in the pipeline for the coming month.

We certainly take pride in our support as that sets up apart from many of our competitors.

Any more questions and we are just a click away :)

Cheers to your continued retail success!
Emma

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

Lack of support

Being a start up business when I first started using them, I wanted to support local, start ups, but their lack of customer loyalty is atrocious. Had they kept up the communication, assisted, offered discounts because of the continual issues, or even just gave us a call because of the constant issues, it would have been better. But zip. I did not want to move to another system because i had invested so much time, effort, energy and money into Hike Up. But I after my history was wiped, there was nothing more holding me back. I have moved to another POS that has a good reputation, and I feared that it was all POS systems that had these types of glitches, but thankfully the new system is faster, easier to use, the team are more supportive, and I can now relax. I did email Hike Up about my frustrations over and and over again, but there was nothing offered in comparison to the amount of money expended to the amount of support received. Overall, I would not recommend Hike Up

Pros

I commenced using Hike from a manual register. I thought it was relatively easy to implement with little to no support from Hike team.

Cons

There were continual glitches that impacted on the system to work effectively. Products would go missing all the time, I would then attempt to re-enter the product only to have the system state that 'it already exists'. I would refresh, re sync, re everything, but this was a continual glitch that caused frustration, time consuming and with the limited ability to contact Hike team or the usual 'we will let the tech team work on it', was little to no comfort when it continued over and over again.

Response from Hike

Hi There,

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with Hike. Frustration is definitely not the result we're aiming for our clients.

Can I request you to book a time with your account manager to go through your issue as we would love to help you resolve all tech issues.

We certainly aim to be customer-focused as our clients have helped improve our features based on their user experience.

Thank you again for raising your concerns.

Regards
Emma

Top Hike Alternatives

Michal B.

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

excellent product

At the moment with all features added and with a quality of customer service I am a very happy customer.

Pros

Best possible customer service you can get. They implemented suggested features making it better POS and inventory system than other 3rd party integrations for bigcommerce that I have checked.
I can create a purchase order and reorder low inventory items for products that reached inventory reorder point 0, at the same time it won't reorder products that are already on existing POs which is great because I wont' order same product multiple times. This wouldn't work with other systems that I checked. Also I can scan the barcode to receive a PO which is something that didn't work with other systems that I tested (last year). I have been with Hike for 2 years now and they implemented pretty much every feature that I suggested. Also if there is an order for pre-order item in bigcommerce with no inventory tracking, once I receive stock and I change inventory tracking to "track inventory" it will adjust stock according to outstanding pre-orders. That is just one of many features that added for me.

Cons

no Cons, whatever didn't work for me was fixed

Reasons for Switching to Hike

it does what I need it to do better than other products tested.
Hiran T.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 24/1/2021

Recomended POS software for execution of sales process.

Retailing offline and online store is made live and integrated.

Pros

The retail POS system can be intergrated with hardware like scanner, printer and payment processor. This POS software works both on online and offline. Integration to ecommerce made management of online orders easy. Free training is done by Hike Point of Sale through online webinar which educate the user about how to use the software and to utilize its features and functions. The user can book a free consult at an initial who is specialized in retail.

Cons

The pricing of the software need to come up with more flexible plans.

Shopify POS

Shopify POS
Riyasudeen R.

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

Hike Review

Hike pos has lots of good features like ecommerce integration, customizable invoice, inventory management with unlimited products listing but comes with a little bigger price tag.

Pros

Hike performs well even without internet and can be used iPad for easy billing around the retail store instead of customer being queued to a place.

Cons

It is little to make localization, it took little hassle to make the integration possible, apart from this cost is little high comparing to the other products in the market.

Cindy-lee B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

Great POS

Pros

Integration with QBO very good. Need to map it correctly though. The integration options for 3 ecommerce platforms is great. Not tested them yet, but QBO integration working well.

Cons

Nothing stands out at me worth complaining about.

Kayode O.

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

A good Retail POS System for Small Business

I want to suggest base on my 'Cons' so as to accommodate more small business owners, there should be a difference in pricing that shows value for money

Pros

Accommodates unlimited users and also can be integrated to eCommerce Platform. interesting to see a friendly interface dashboard

Cons

The fact that some pricing plan can not transfer item from one outlet to other. There is also need to adjust the process to best suit businesses

Krishna kant J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 5/11/2021

Decent software, needs improvement

Pros

The most liked feature by me is its simple interface, discount and eCommerce management.

Cons

Sometimes there is lag and few updates seem to be not really well organized but hope it will improve with time.

Nihaal R.

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

Kyle G.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

WOW!

I'm a web developer who specialises in POS systems and WooCommerce / web systems.

We came from Vend, this is just amazing. Auto updates status, stock, perfect integration and super quick to update both sides.

My clients are happy! That means they pay me.. Amazing!

Pros

Super fast support to start with. Under 2 mins every time!! But the two way sync is amazing!

Cons

Nothing just yet. Can't even find one thing I don't like.

Rajaveeramani T.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/5/2021

One of the best Communication software

In my overall experience, Hike is the good one to use.

Pros

During initial stage, in Hike we can use group calls for our friends and etc. It was the good options which has provided in Hike even in the initial stage also.

Cons

Actually I like least because of nudge option given in that. When we double tab on screen , then nudge will send to that group.

Akeel A.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Wanted inventory control based POS solution

Overall happy with Hike, miss few simple things from MYOB as mentioned in Cons

Pros

Easy to work with , well coordinated views, easy menus, well priced , Quick & excellent customer support , user friendly

Cons

need to give few more options to user e.g
*fulfilment of partially received PO, (currently it shows item 'awaiting' but later upon receival cant change the status)
* there should be a way of getting some acknowledgement that PO reached the supplier ,
* PO can be sent to more than one email addresses, simultaneously
* reports and sales figures should have the option to see them with or without GST
* a general refund option should be available... for example a customer brings back a faulty product after few weeks but lost the receipt.
We can recognise that its our product unit, but then how to refund?
* in certain situations, we want to charge higher price of the product... but cant do it in HIKE as it prints the original price underneath (in strikes through)...
so if the sold price is higher than actual... Hike should only print the higher price on receipt.... else we face an angry customer... (MYOB allows this)

Alan W.

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Best Customer support

It saved 4 hours every week due to integration with BigCommerce + QBO . I am confident that my store inventory are in order now enabling me to focus more on sales channels rather then admin tasks.

Pros

I tried 10 POS systemc including so called big players but no one can fulfill my simple request and after hours waiting to hear back I was referred to use Hike by BigCommerce team.

Simple and easy to use - trust me as I am not computer literate
integration with 3rd party software (QBO, BigCommerce). Support team was excellent
Very Competitive plans (one of the best in the market)

Cons

- Reporting section can be improved cover more areas including individual sales.
- Ipad app can play up sometimes
- Payment integrations

Adam B.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Hike - were definitely not here to help.

My experience with Hike has been horrible, the system has major flaws and the company as a whole is unprofessional.

Pros

The product is actually easy to use when it works. it just never works.

Cons

Reporting is lacking, syncing sales, customer details, etc is horrible, search functionality is cumbersome. Products, sales and customers are duplicated, and sometimes lost entirely. Program reverts to previous states, the app requires almost daily deletion and reinstallation, staff user functions change on their own. Even if you send a video of the error occurring in real time, hikes response to most issues is "its working fine here".

Response from Hike

Hi Adam,

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with Hike. This is beyond ideal and certainly not the delightful experience we want to offer all our retailers. Could you please book a time with your account manager so we can get in touch with you?

We'd like to go over your options and see how we can improve this situation for you.

Regards
Jo

Krupal P.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

HIKE- AN INDIVIDUAL REVIEW

Pros

User friendly, easy to chat, easy to navigate the status and search for a friend.

Cons

Communication is a biggest issue, I would say.

Jim N.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2/5/2020

Amazing 24/7 Support

Pros

Incredible support. I work some very strange hours 24/7. It does not matter what time of night, on Saturday and Sundays included, and I get excellent support within a few minutes of posting my question. Every single time. It is very impressive.

Cons

Only 1 image associated with each product

Sally F.

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Hike is a great POS solution

The staff are very helpful and only ever a click away on chat

Pros

I recently set hike up for my POS and to integrate with my woocommerce store and it is a great option for people looking to find a reliable and well-priced POS system

Cons

I haven't found any negative features of the product

Reasons for Switching to Hike

It was able to offer everything I was looking for at a competitive price
Andrea Z.

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

Easy to Use and Support is Great

Was easy to install and simple to integrate. I did have a little trouble syncing the Tyro POS initially because I did it incorrectly initially, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was quick to respond and the fix was easy.

Pros

The best part about Hike, initially, was that I could transfer my products from Vend to Hike and then to Woocommerce. And also the fact that I have the one platform to integrate everything - woocommerce, Tyro, Xero and Mailchimp - making life much simpler!

Cons

Being able to change/add loyalty points to specific customers would be great.

Nikhil B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Awesome

It helped me boosting up my sales. I would like to give it 100 stars if i could!

Pros

Without it i was Zero, With it I'm a. Hero!
It is the best online POS platform I've ever visited. It boosted my sales to the sky!!

Cons

Nothing is there to like the least because every service is best.

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Very easy and intuiative

Pros

very easy to implement and work seamlessly with my ecommerce and accounting software

Cons

not have phone support is difficult although their live chat support is much of a breeze

Michael M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Excellent Service

Excellent , Fantastic customer service easy to use and set up and if you get stuck you can chat live on the screen integrates with zero and other accounting software would highly recommend to anyone who needs a POS Service

Pros

Easy to use ,easy to set Up integrates with most accounting software

Cons

Nothing was easy to set up and to use couldn’t think of any cons

Eric D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Not only a waste of time but it did things to my data, inventory etc that is taken me back...

Wish I would have never gone through with this. Has set me back over 300 hours. Thank god we did it during slow season while we have a chance to recover

Pros

I liked all the promises that it supposedly was going to fix versus me using Shopify with additional apps

Cons

I do not even know where to begin.
- Created multiple items
- Added and subtracted randomly from both Hike and Shopify
- Discount Groups cannot be trusted. Even after spending 3 hours on chat with their lead tech.
- Created refunds in Hike and Shopify which I cannot undo so all those sales must be re-keyed
- reporting even the custom version gives you so little options you have to spend hours figuring out what it means

Wish I would not have tried this software EVER

Jeanette C.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/11/2017

Extremely frustrating

I feel they need to test run the program with retail companies for a year and iron out all the problems. Its created from a developers perspective not a end users.
The intentions of the creators and support team are great but the product isnt.

Pros

Looks good, and is easy to use once set up. The support team are easy to get onto, but aren'
t the tec team who resolve the issues.

Cons

It doesn't work. I've had the system for a year and it never successfully connected to my acc software. Buggy, crashes and a constant stream of problems. I feel this product is still in development, not ready for commercial use. I have lost a year of accounting reports, customer history etc. Every problem I have ends in a call or email to support, then passed to tec support then problem maybe sorted with in a few weeks. Then another problem occurs. I have spent more time trying to resolve problems that using the program. Save yourself the frustration, stay away.

Rami K.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Best customer service ever

Pros

The pops is great, has all the features needed good for small and large business. I'd like to mention little about my experience with hike.
I texted customer service at 4:00 am and asked for information on their pos system. I was astonished that I got answer right away and they booked appointment for demo for the next day. He explained everything and answered all my questions and he was so patient. He seemed to be a pro of what he is doing and all in all, best customer service experience ever.

Cons

The only con is that there is no kitchen printing feature for a restaurant or coffee shop. I totally recommend Hike for every business who doesn't use this feature.