Mindbody Reviews

Visit Website

About Mindbody

Mindbody is a cloud-based club management and appointment scheduling solution designed for the needs of small to midsize businesses. The product is primarily used by gyms, fitness and personal training centers, salons, spas and...

3.6

Emily
Emily
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Pros

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Cons

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Courtney

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Mindbody for an Athletic Training Facility

Pros

I like that we can handle almost all of our business needs in one application.

Cons

I dislike how many aspects seem outdated. And I dislike when the software glitches or goes down.

Response from Mindbody

Thanks for your review, Courtney! We definitely strive to be a comprehensive solution for our customers and have been leaning in heavily to deliver even more innovation and reliability for our platform over the past year. Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Replied 20/6/2024
mylissa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 8/3/2024

top of the line

The most efficient booking website. Customer Service was super helpful, quick and precise.. Let’s not forget express booking, truly the icing on the cake.

Pros

This has been a life saver when it comes to booking !!!! Super easy to use

Cons

This is one software dont believe has any cons

Top Mindbody Alternatives

Alexandrew

Reviewed on 15/6/2024

Atrocious

It worked until it didnt. For a single site studio perhaps its still possible but anyone with no knowledge on how to find your own solutions do not use this product at all.

Pros

Works to some extent. Seems to have all the basic functions a CRM should have. But in the most convulated way known to man.

Cons

A rather long list.

1. Manual release of scheduling if youd like to do a specific release timing. You have to PHYSICAL PRESS A BUTTON in order to have a schedule released at a specific time and date. In a world where CRMS allow you to prebuild a schedule and release it at a specific time and date that you select, having to PHYSICAL PRESS A RELEASE BUTTON makes absolutely no sense.

2. A membership system that makes no sense. Clients arent able to suspend their membership and book for a class until the day the membership is unsuspended. IE if a client suspends a membership until 16th they cannot book for a class on the 17th until the day of the 16th actually arrives. This makes no sense whatsoever when a simple code can fix this.

3. Over promises a products functions. I was sold a Cross Regional product with the promise that my clients can book across studios seamlessly. They could not book without 10 million manual inputs and believe me it was not seamless. After numerous attempts by them to fix it. It to this day is not fixed and they will not let me leave the platform even after being proven that their solution is not work. When told of the issues I am told : " Thats a known limitation and is on the roadmap". No such thing was limitation was made known to me prior to signing.

This list can go on and on and on. If youre reading this and have a desire to have multiple studios or a product that is easy to use / manage. DO NOT USE MINDBODY.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Alexandrew - We're sorry to hear about your experience. It's definitely not what we're striving to deliver. If there's anything that we can do to make your Mindbody experience better, we'd love to continue the conversation directly. We'll also pass along your feedback to our solutions team members for clarification.

Replied 20/6/2024
Agatha
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Best Scheduling Solution For Mindbody

Pros

With Mindbody, handling reservations and business scheduling.
It is affordable and smooth while using.

Cons

No problems with Mindbody. It is an amazing solution.

Juliana

Reviewed on 3/7/2024

Does the job

I haven’t switched to something us so overall it does what I need to run my business.

Pros

It’s pretty easy to use. Our area uses the Mindbody app consistently for scheduling and I like that people can find us on there.

Cons

When you call for help, it takes a very long time to get your questions answered. The person who helps is offshore and sometimes is hard to understand or it’s difficult getting them to understand what you need. Mindbody is also very costly for credit card fees.

kimberly

Reviewed on 20/6/2024

MINDBODY is Functional, But Not Great

Help Desk is responsive and generally very helpful, except when they guess at the answer and leave us spinning.
It's very expensive.
I don't like the app. The views are not a good representation of what is really going on with a client's account. The app is difficult for clients to navigate, yet they don't like to use the web version because it is inconvenient.
Sales Team is generally unresponsive.

Pros

Available across the country so clients can book in advance.
Ease of rosters

Cons

Expensive. Have to have an instance for each site.
Recent Upgrades were not Upgrades. They messed things up.
Inability to customize reports.

Lisa

Reviewed on 4/6/2024

Great tool to schedule classes

Pros

Mindbody is so incredibly easy to schedule classes and it keeps track of my schedule. I can find classes and cancel if something comes up and I cannot make it. I can also see who is instructing the class. Basically, I never have to call the gym anymore because all the information is in the app.

Cons

It is a little clunky when trying to schedule classes at multiple gyms. It is not easy to navigate between all of them but it is not impossible.

Payam

Reviewed on 12/6/2024

Mindbody Review

Overall get's the job done but it can be better in a lot of areas.

Pros

Everything all in one place. Schedules, appointment counts, contracts, payment.

Cons

Lack of flexibility. Large requirement for customer service help at times. Not as customer focused as it could be.

Mitchell
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/3/2024

Perfect Fitness Scheduler

Pros

It was a very easy to use app and has what you need - schedule, account info, able to book directly on the app.

Cons

You need a separate mind body account for each of the venders.

Amber

Reviewed on 21/6/2024

Great scheduling app for business

It was easy to be trained on I learned within a couple days how to easily navigate the application.

Pros

It was easy to setup client appointments within the application

Cons

The calendar looks a bit wonky so I used a different calendar alongside this.

Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 7/5/2024

Mindbody Staff

Pros

Easy to use and easy to change things. Also schedule online is easy.

Cons

There are 5 different ways to do the same thing.

Kurt
Kurt

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless!
MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all.
MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory.
The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed.
The software will also take into account independent contractors.
Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds.
It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related.
All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

Zen Planner and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

RhinoFit didn't have the flexibility I needed and wasn't as intuitive

RhinoFit

Reviewed on 4/4/2020

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not useful to those that only book recurring appointments, like music schools do. They seem to be designed for pushing individual appointment booking, which is the opposite of what we need. There are constant "improvements" which always add more page loads - when we first started, you could go to any page on the site within 2 clicks. The daily tasks you need are now, all, at least 3 page loads away, if not more. In other words, their improvements always slow us down and don't add any value that we can perceive. The reason we're going to move to something else was cemented this week: On Apr. 1 our Auto-Pays ran like normal. On Apr. 2 they sent us an email informing us that 20% of what they owed us was being held to protect our clients due to changes from the COVID-19 pandemic. We were left scrambling for cash to cover checks we had already written. There was no warning that they were going to short us. They claimed that the "entire processing industry" was doing this, but I can find no evidence that that is true. It looks like they were holding back our money to protect themselves.

Ryan

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

William

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Big Company - Doesn't care about you

When you sign up you'll be promised the moon and stars. Then you'll get 1-2 support calls per week and you'll see many of those claims retracted. If your support guy is good (I had one good call) this is enough to get you up and running. Unfortunately mine was not. It was "click here, type this, go back to this screen and click here" and then at exactly 45 minutes our call is ended until the next one. No explanation of the system just blind instructions. This went on for 2 months! At some point he was telling me "You're ready to go" when in fact all I'd been doing was following his instructions and still didn't get any explanation on how to use it with clients. The final straw was when I couldn't get the app working on an android device and then told they don't support all android devices (sales rep promised 'it will run on any android device'). In maddening frustration by that point, I left and asked for a refund but was told "we have a no refund policy". I later realised by myself that a different app is used for business (nobody in support pointed this out when I brought up the compatibility issue). I'd already bought all the hardware and cards for the barcode scanning function so tried to clear the air and take a share of blame, then suggested if someone on their end can just explain how to use that feature I'd continue with mindbody. They ignored that and are completely ignoring all of my emails now (even though I'm still in the middle of a paid month). Do not go near these guys, they will take your money and drop you if you are too much work. There is no trial period and their legally dubious 'no refund policy' means you will never get your money back if something goes wrong. You will feel like a tiny cog to a big company and if you don't like how the system works, tough!

To review the software itself, it has lots of features but you'll only need a fraction of them. The reason is that they try to cover such a wide range of businesses - from gyms to hair dressers. So the backend has a ton of menus and unfamiliar terminologies, and a significant learning curve to get up and running. This would be manageable, but see my review above regarding support. If you want to drive desk staff mad, and make them harder to train and replace, then this is a good way to do it.

I would recommend you shop around for a better alternative to this. Mindbody is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Goteamup or Glofox were much better alternatives I evaluated

Pros

- If most of your business is direct debit based, and if you can get your customers into their paysafe (netbanx) system, then the transaction charges seem competitive (plus an extra monthly fee).
- There are lots of features
- It has a custom app that looks pretty

Cons

- The app will also advertise any of your competitors on mindbody when people look for you
- You feel like you are dealing with a big company that doesn't ultimately care about you or your business, just your money
- Legally dubious "No Refund" policy will be enforced regardless of the reason you ask. Contact your consumer ombudsman if they try this
- Inflexible back end - jack of all trades approach

Lauren

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Gina

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and google, got many clicks and zero conversions- people kept getting tripped up in mb. A survey indicated over 30% of users had a hard time booking, paying for or accessing live stream classes on mb. I literally spent all day every day troubleshooting with mb reps, instructors and clients. I wonder ho many people we lost that got turned off? We decided to move our live stream and on demand off he platform.

Lorrie

Reviewed on 16/8/2017

Would love to find an alternative

It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pros

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Cons

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered.

If there is anything I can tell you not to use:

Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients

Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

Response from Mindbody

Hi Lorrie-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above.

If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Replied 7/9/2017
Patricia

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

HORRIBLE Company, TERRIBLE Software, NASTY Customer Support

Pros

Nothing. I'm only using it now because I have 10 years worth of data and setup. I'll bail as soon as another company offers a data migration tool.

Cons

MindBody has is a despicable and and unethical company. Recently removing features that were available in the essentials version before creating a "Pro" version to extort existing customers to pay double the cost.

This company is trying to force people to upgrade by removing features that already existed in our current version. Features that made our jobs as studio owners a bit easier so we could use our resources elsewhere, like running our businesses.

Honestly, this company is the WORST. If they had any integrity or valued their customers at all they could have at least grandfathered in those features for businesses like myself that have been using their software for TEN+ YEARS instead of using sleazy extortion tactics to try to force us to pay for a version of software with features we don't need or will ever use.

I'm roped in already, but I'm dumping this company the second one of their competitors realizes the opportunity and cleans up their glitches and offers a migration tool for our data. In the meantime, anyone starting a new studio who's shopping for software should STAY AWAY from MindBody Online.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Patty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We looked into your records with us and can see that last contacted our team on February 8 and the agent provided you with information on how to fix some of the changes in your software, including pricing options and staff permissions.

If you did not receive that information, please let us know and we can resend it to you. If you have additional concerns, you can also reach us at [email protected]

Replied 6/3/2018
Shreya
Shreya

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

MINDBODY: Unleashing the Power for Your Spa, Yoga Studio, or Fitness Centre

Having worked as a front desk employee at various businesses that use the MINDBODY system, including yoga studios, spas, and massage centers, I can attest to its efficiency and effectiveness. The software is designed specifically to meet the unique needs of these types of businesses and provides a comprehensive set of features for managing appointments, scheduling, and payment processing. What I appreciated most about the system was its user-friendly interface, which made it easy for me to quickly look up class schedules, book customers into classes, and process payments with minimal delays. Overall, I highly recommend the MINDBODY system to anyone looking for a powerful and reliable business management solution for their wellness business.

Pros

As someone who has been using MINDBODY for some time now, I can confidently attest to the numerous benefits that come with this program. One of the standout features is the all-in-one solution it provides for businesses seeking point-of-sale, scheduling, and online booking capabilities. This not only saves time but also money, making it a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes.Another major advantage of using MINDBODY is the quality of customer service provided. Their team is always responsive, helpful, and efficient in addressing any concerns or issues that may arise. And with the software's accessibility from anywhere, thanks to their user-friendly mobile platform, you can easily manage your business on the go without any inconvenience.

Cons

As someone who uses MINDBODY, I want to mention some of the downsides that I've experienced. One significant disadvantage is the software's complexity and lack of user-friendliness. Navigating the program can be a daunting task, and the layout is not at all intuitive. As a result, training new employees can be a significant challenge and a time-consuming process that can cause frustration.

Alejandro
Alejandro

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Antiquated and not visually appealing , no app.

Automation and athlete tracking was not bad, although new software have picked up and improved on an original leader in the field. Data analysis and reports are good and accurate but not user friendly or visually appealing .

Pros

Software does a good job of keeping track of clients and their information and gives them a platform to reserve their spot

Cons

No app, antiquated on functionality and visually not appealing . One the leader in their field , the program has not changed its look since I first encountered it 15 years ago. There is no app for staff to use, there is no app to use as a check in station. Designed around a computer terminal one has to use a laptop and not able to use either Apple or android tablets as check in stations. the look and functionality has been lap by many programs that followed is such as zenplanner. Not only do other product has even a better user experience, but they beat them in pricing. They do many a la cart pricing when others include all the bells for far less price. Integration of email is only with a paid service when other allow you to integrate with services such as mail chimp free service.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Alejandro-

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about MINDBODY. We are happy to tell you that we have apps for both of the items you discussed in your review.

The MINDBODY for business app allows staff to manage their schedules. You can read more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/business-app and here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/blog/business-advice/software-features/how-the-mindbody-business-app-benefits-your-staff

The Class Check-In by MINDBODY app allows your customers to check-in on an iPad, rather than needing a computer at the front desk, and some of our customers don't have a computer in their front-of-house at all. You can learn more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/check-in-app

We're continuously evolving our products, and are happy to connect with you, if you have more questions.

Replied 19/7/2018
Rafaela
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 6/2/2024

A Warning about Mindbody's Services

A Disastrous Experience with Mindbody. I strongly caution against engaging with Mindbody for your business needs.

Pros

I strongly caution against engaging with Mindbody for your business needs. The support provided by this company is shockingly inadequate and will leave you stranded when you need assistance the most. When seeking software solutions for your company, robust and reliable support is crucial – an aspect that Mindbody sorely lacks.

The system itself is plagued with numerous flaws that will inevitably disrupt your day-to-day operations. Any initial support you receive during the demo or sales phase is misleading, as it rapidly deteriorates once you've committed to their services. Mindbody's choice to hire overseas support staff results in poor communication and a distinct lack of understanding of their own system.

Attempting to obtain assistance becomes a frustrating endeavor. The overseas support team often puts you on hold while they familiarize themselves with the system's issues before attempting to provide an explanation. Presently, the company fails to provide adequate training and support for the team responsible for assisting you, leaving them seemingly lost. Attempts to escalate the issue and speak with someone senior go unanswered, leaving customers waiting for hours.

Unfortunately, after committing to an annual contract, you'll realize that you've invested considerable time and energy in inputting all your data into a system that proves to be unreliable. Transitioning to an alternative software solution and retraining your team becomes a daunting task, consuming a significant amount of time and effort.

As a busy entrepreneur, I find it impractical to dedicate the time needed to decipher the convoluted information on their website or endure the lackluster customer service. I strongly advise exploring alternative options for your business software needs, as Mindbody may prove to be more trouble than it's worth.

Cons

I strongly caution against engaging with Mindbody for your business needs.

Tim
Tim
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

Mindbody - Be Prepared to Spend Countless Wasted Hours To Make This Software Work

Avoid this software especially if you are a small busines.

Pros

It is a functional tool if you have hundreds of extra hours to set it up, understand its glitches and manage around its shortcomings.

Cons

We have been using Mindbody for 5+ years. I don't believe the software is designed by anyone who actually uses it because it is the opposite of human centered design. I am writing this review because we have spent 6-7 months trying to set up payment for another site and their team has given us nothing but the run around.

During the pandemic, they withheld funds for no reason at all and made all their users write for "Permission" to get money they got from clients who had paid for services.

The Credit cards fees are hidden and contain numerous hidden fees and on top of that they can't eve make software easy to use.

So many examples of things that could be simplified:
Cancelling someone's recurring class scheduling is a ridiculous 9 click(!) process for no reason at all.

The tool looks different and functions different in every different place. From the software, Online APP or imbedded tools on your website. They all can do some things and not others. ZERO CONSISTENCY in look or functionality.

Billing with online tools can't be targeted to a location. Only charges run by staff in the software can be designated to a location.

Scheduling people into classes is also a process that takes numerous extra steps and time.

Every day, you spend an hour "checking out" appointments to find the few that might have billing issues instead of having something easier to use that would check out appointments that have billing already.

ZERO RESPONSIVENESS to feature requests.