About Illumine

Illumine is a comprehensive childcare management software packed with all the functionalities of daycare & preschool owners. Directors and teachers can manage administrative reporting, program planning, manage billings, interactio...

Browse Illumine Reviews

Juhi

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

A good software for childcares

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Replied 26/3/2020
Kanderp
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management Software

So far I love everything about Illumine! They are quick to sort out any issues if we rarely have them. Time and again they surprise us with new features.

Pros

There are more things than I can list about why I like Illumine as a parent. I love being able to check in on my kid any time during the day with there Live streaming feature. My kid's school uploads pictures in afternoon and I eagerly wait for it during my lunch time. It helps them feel a part of my kid's day at daycare . Apart from parent communication, I like how bills are always available in my email and also sending food and medicine notes to the class teachers.! Recently they created a video of my kid's journey in the school and all the family members were absolutely delighted with the video.

Cons

The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the internet services which automatically gets sorted.

Bharath

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Need improvement in the UI navigation

It was a pleasant experience

Pros

The facility to upload pictures and videos

Cons

When I want to see a particular day's dairy, all the dairy details will come up.

Top Illumine Alternatives

Roopa

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Using for KinderGarden

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements.
Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on .
This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Replied 23/3/2020
Naga Ravi Prasad

Reviewed on 22/3/2020

Illumine is overall good product but it needs some improvements

Overall, with the age of app, it is performing good. But still needs some improvements.

Pros

1. We can closely watch kids activities on timely basis.
2. We can watch photos of events and activities in school
3. We can update our photos at home and download school photos
4. Communicate with teachers and care takers about his deeds and chores

Cons

1. It is not possible to download all the photos at once
2. We need live monitoring feature by linking webcams with illumine app
3. Customer care needs to be very prompt in answering queries

Falak

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

A teacher's guide

Good

Pros

The best feature is that it allows to choose different options while posting pictures for kids. Easy to check updates and backdated information.

Cons

No option of selecting multiple parents to message. Have to individually select which is time consuming.

Lakshmi

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

Very happy we chose Illumine for Earthlings

Illumine helps us stay connected with parents effortlessly, it helps the team work seamlessly on a single platform

Pros

Customer support & customisation options

Cons

iOS can be unstable & updates take a bit longer than we’d like

Anubhav

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Illumine - A fantastic software application

my overall experience is fantastic with this app and enjoyed the features.

Pros

this app is good in terms of school and children management.

Cons

NA. As such as no cons seen in this app .

Stefina

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

Nice

Pros

CCTV, Photos, Tracking leaves / request, attendance, syllabus

Cons

Help support from Customer Care. Also my invoice is shown as pending, though I have paid it completely

Marieta

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Easy to use app

We are very happy with the support team for every time fast reply.

Pros

It is very easy to use from parents and teachers. Easy to upload many photos and videos, fast connection with the parents - messages, observations, reminders, etc. Thankful for improvements that they do designed for us.

Cons

bugs occurs sometimes especially with notification correlation.

Amruta

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Over all experience is too good.
Full illumine team is very good and great at their work. Knowledgeable and always ready to help and solve our query.

Pros

Its a very user friendly app. It was very easy to start using it.
The app has features that are easy to use and due to the app the daily operations and updates have become very fast and tip of the finger.
The adding of schedule and events is the best feature i like.
We have also started using CRM which becomes very easy for us to track the new enquiry.

Cons

Few features i have to add for all the centres by selecting different centres. It should have been like we add things and it has an option of having it for all centres.
For example when we add events. We have to add for all the three centres . It should at a click "add this event for all centres" You click on "YES"

Puja

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Great Customer Service and Ease of Usage

Illumine team is very proactive in solving our issues at all hours. The app is very easy to use and has many features that will make life simple for both customers and school management

Pros

About the software - lots of features, easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with timely updates but they are taken up by team immediately

Response from Illumine Labs

Thanks, a lot for such a positive review. We really enjoy working with your team.

Replied 24/3/2020
Rashvirr
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

My experience with Illumine app

My overall experience with Illumine has been excellent as per the reasons given in the Pros section like ease of use and all necessary features in one package

Pros

I have loved the Illumine app ever since I started using it as it is very user friendly. My work has become so much simpler and less time consuming as it has all the necessary features in one package like student attendance, sharing documents, lessons and assignments, sharing photographs and videos, posting announcements and reminders and scheduling meetings.

Cons

No concerns as such except that sometimes I have to download the picture and open with software like Paint to convert to JPEG.

Payal
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

Awesome tool to track the progress of your child

SO far so good!!

Pros

ease of use, interacting with the teachers on a daily basis is very easy

Cons

I would like to see more details about what kind of food is my kid eating, how much did the kid eat, what was the teachers remarks for the day, and oh ... most important, may be add like live streaming that would be very helpful and comforting

Logan
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Great for Schools

Pros

My child’s teachers use this app to keep us up to date about what he is eating and learning in class. It then allows us to follow up on the lessons from home.

Cons

I wish there was an option to respond to the posts or comment on the photos.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us Mr Logan. We have an option to enable comments for photos but it is activated based on the school's discretion. We will reach out to your school with the feedback and hope they allow us to enable this feature.
Also in the next release we are introducing the concept of marking your photos as 'favorite' for easy filtering )

Replied 23/3/2020
Vandana
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 5/4/2021

Parent of user

Pros

Ease of use. Lesson plans needs to be improved

Cons

Lesson plans is exhausting to access.
The Ux /ui needs to improve

Loryn

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

Good enough for a beginner

I use the software for my son to go to school. He is able to log in and be productive as a preschooler who has never been to a regular school. So that should tell you what Progress this software has assisted us with.

Pros

I honestly just use the software for my son to go to school. I find that it's pretty easy to use and simple to navigate.

Cons

Some times I have connection issues, but that's with anything. Other than that I don't really know much else about it to say anything bad.

Faith

Excellent software

One word. Excellent

Pros

illumine was easy to use and very convenient . I love that I can communicate with the school efficiently and effectively. It keeps the school accountable as they have to post daily updates.

I can see how my child performed through the day and most importantly download pictures for the grandparents. Its excellent. I would highly recommend it.

Cons

Nothing so far. I have enjoyed using this software

Bharati
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

Good app for school management & child development tracking

Pros

Good app for school management & child development tracking on daily basis

Cons

some developer issues are there- videos which are uploaded sometimes shows issue to play

Gaurav

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Vivero School User

The application is good.

Pros

The features are good but needs some updates. Please read the comment in the next question.

Cons

1. The way we scroll through the updates is not very convenient.
2. Within the Student profile-> Photos-> There is no option to delete the already uploaded photos. Why is this feature missing.
3. A dashboard kind of view is missing.

Subha

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

Trusted

Pros

Everyday I am leaving my child in daycare. I have installed illumine app through daycare. Its very useful for me monitoring the my child activities like food, diaper change, potty, play and Nap. I can manage balance work and personal life

Thanks lot illumine app

Cons

I liked all features in illumine app. so no con

Anshu

Simplifies virtual school management

Pros

school calendary/diary; ability to share assignments and their responses.

Cons

doesn't show the history of comments on assignments; should enable feature to have 1:1 chat with teachers to clarify doubts.

Ankit

School management made easy

Pros

School diary; Assignment management, submission and Tracking

Cons

Ease of use is poor.
Comments history and management is lacking.
Chat with Teachers should be included.

Sameer
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Useful for my Kids school

Pros

My kids school uses this app and it has been really helpful in getting the details uploaded on the progress, joining the video calls daily and check messages from the teachers.

Cons

The interface between screens could become slightly more smooth.

Anushay
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

Good user experience design

Pros

Ease of use as a parent portal. Very well structured and good information design

Cons

Nothing really as yet! I have used it for less than 6 months but so far I haven’t found anything that I didn’t like