About Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks Online enables users to download and reconcile credit card transactions that allows businesses to organize weekly timesheets and track bank deposits. What is Quickbooks Online? Quickbooks Online is a...

Browse Quickbooks Online Reviews

6,225 of 6,225 reviews
Tosif
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

QUICKBOOKS for INVOICING

Overall quickbooks is a good tool for small business to track expenses, invoice customers and track the invoices received. You can even email and customize invoices right from the software.

Pros

Quicksbooks is a great software for the small busineess. It allows for invoicing customers in an easy way. If you are out of the limit for the invoices, you can make a small purchase and make it online and can access it from anywhere and everywhere from the tablet, pc or phone. It is a real easy way for tracking the invoices and marking them paid with accounts receivable. It also allows for digital time card where you can record the employees time of in and out. Great software and easy to learn.

Cons

The things you want to consider improving the software is it should give easy ways for tracking the accounts paid and invoices paid by the customer. Everything else looks pretty decent.

OnlineInvoices

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks is easy to use than any other software. As it can be use with or without internet. For invoices online you need internet to access your files and folders. With quickbooks you can backup your data and use it anywhere from any device like phone, tablet and pc.
Dannyelle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/3/2023

Small Brewery - Quickbooks Functions Well Enough For Now

It absolutely does what we need it to do, it's fairly simple to get started and the customer service is great, and I definitely don't expect that we will stop using it any time soon, but it's incredibly frustrating to have it be so difficult to integrate with our other programs.

Pros

A lot of what Quickbooks does for us is 80% set up in the program before you even go into it, so it's easy to just log in and start working on your books as needed. Overall, Quickbooks knows what businesses need to do in accounting to get by day-to-day, and it does that fairly well. Charts of accounts is nice to have and easy to create specific reports with customizable traits and we like that a lot.

Cons

We use Square for our customer front, including running it as our P.O.S. system and running all of our transactions through Square, our invoicing, our inventory tracking, our employee payroll and scheduling, basically everything. I cannot stress enough how *horrible* the integration between Quickbooks and Square is. I literally have individual transactions coming through to QB, repeated transactions coming into QB, tips on bar tabs coming through as separate from their actual transactions, the bank account separates from the account at least quarterly, if not more, and a whole host of other issues. Most other things in QB run just fine, but if you're needing to integrate it with any other form of business software that you might be using to run your biz, then good luck. It just doesn't take to outside systems as well as I would expect it to for being one of the leading accounting softwares on the market, especially for small businesses.

NetSuite, Sage 50cloud Accounting, Wave Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We already had a few people on our team that had worked with QuickBooks in the past, and figured it would be easiest to work in a program that we already had experience in as a whole.
Matthew
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

The problem with Quickbooks

Although I liked the ease of use, and the name recognition, I did not like the customer service and when I can choose from several different accounting software, customer service matters

Pros

The ease of use and features is fantastic for the small business that is growing

Cons

Customer service is terrible. Long wait times on hold. Too often the person on the other end could not help or always wanted to "try" the same things that was already tried and failed. Never got a return call when asking for a supervisor. Refused to give a credit back on subscription cost when their software failed...like connecting to my bank.

Crew Control

Autobooks and Crew Control

Top Quickbooks Online Alternatives

Mohammed
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

Quickbooks Online

We are maintaining all of our accounts record in Quickbooks online , From staff ledgers , Accounts receivables, accounts Payable.It is pretty good software overall for small medium enterprises.

Pros

The interface is user friendly, web based can be accessed from anywhere , there are few apps can be integrated (it has its own pros and cons however it was time saving invoicing part but if you make some changes it would not communicate properly

Cons

Multicurrency options while receiving payment it is very difficult if base currency of client is different from the currency payment has been received it would not accept it we have to use Journal entry and control Account to record the receipt after recording this the currency rates is being taken from invoice and not from receipt.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Tally is not user firendly only accounting background users are able to handle things in it, it is not web based, users has to connect to company server can not be worked other places as convenient.

TallyPrime

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

There were more number of people in my organisation who had already used quickbooks
Shanon

Reviewed on 30/3/2023

Overall Happy with QBO

As an accountant user, I love the diagnostics available to us, and other tools available to help the regular user. I highly recommend QBO for small businesses because of the ability to integrate other apps with the system, and the ability to have access from anywhere at any time, and more than one user can look at changes real time. Overall, easy to use and a good option for small businesses.

Pros

I love the accountant tools available. I love the "books review" feature (accountant version only.) It makes my job SO much easier!

Cons

Auto-add feature. From an accountant perspective, I HATE auto-add, auto-fill, auto-everything. When the auto-add feature is turned on in the bank feed, it can create a disaster. AI is ok, but not in this circumstance. Auto-suggesting categorizations is fine, but a human needs to lay eyes on the transactions to make sure they are going to the right payee, right category, right class. Otherwise, it can cost the client a ton of money or the accountant a ton of clean up time for something that should have been helpful, but wasn't.Also, auto-filled content on invoices from previous invoices is a pain, because if you go into a transaction and accidentally hit "YES, override this transaction with previous information from prior transaction" you loose data, it makes a mess and you get end up frustrated. I have learned to turn off all the automation from jump.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Dominance in the industry and ease of use. Customer service is also pretty good.
Engin

Reviewed on 6/4/2023

Onestop Kitchen Bath - Quickbooks

What I can say is all are positive. Quickbooks makes accounting easy

Pros

It is very user friendly. Makes it like the accounting. Theey help a lot when you have questions , they have good community.

Cons

I guess there are not that much negative stuff to say about them. Only hard thing about them is to rach Customer Service Team. It is little hard to reach them

Odoo and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

It is more user friendly and much more people use these
Miha
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 2/5/2023

QBO necessary tool for any company

Overall, it has been a critical tool to keep us organized and on track with invoicing, reporting, and management of the org.

Pros

Customer service and the look of the interface.

Cons

Its not always intuitive and can be confusing when things can be done multiple ways.

Chichetaram
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 13/4/2023

Quickbooks Online is highly recommended

Accounting problems, error due to comission. QuickBook ensures there is no omission such that the software does all the accounting work as long as data required was inputted into the system.

Pros

With QuickBook online, I could be absent comfortably without the fear of theft or losses from bad record keeping.

Cons

It was not working offline, once there is power outage, it goes off after a short while. The fact that it works better with its hardware devices such as barcode scanner, card reader etc and this are a bit expensive.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 1/5/2023

Helpful for the DIY Small Business

Overall it's been a neutral experience. It's helped me track my small business income and expenses, and I don't know how I would have filed taxes on time without it. But it can still be difficult to use in some situations.

Pros

Quickbooks does a good job of getting you to link your accounts, track your expenses, and calculate taxes. Having the ability to add an accountant is helpful, since it allows you to easily bring them in once your operations require a more specialized approach.

Cons

Quickbooks can be pretty complex. While I'm familiar with general accounting concepts, there are some parts of quickbooks that are difficult to navigate or set up. Sometimes I need my accountant to explain items to me, or fix items for me, that I inadvertently caused.

Pradeep
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 4/4/2023

Quickbooks Online - Works well but could be better

We are able to manage our books, run reports, prepare for taxes etc with this product. Despite the cons noted, above, overall it's a solid product with decent value.

Pros

I really liked that the software is very user friendly. It is easy to sync with financial accounts to proper bookkeeping.

Cons

Customer support is not very good. Initial reps on chat seem ill equipped to answer what I felt were straightforward questions. The autofill feature/rules for reviewing transactions is glitchy.

Jewel
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 16/3/2022

Very user friendly and has everything in one place

My overall experience has been a great experience. I have been using it for years.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is very easy to use and has everything you need in one place. It keeps the flow of the business finances running smoothly. The invoicing, tracking of assets and expenses, providing reports, etc are all extremely easy to use and find and connect in a very simple way.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I like least about this software. It is much better than most bookkeeping programs I have used.

FreshBooks, Total Office Manager and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Each one of the above programs has its benefits and had a lot of what Quickbooks offer, but quickbooks is much simpler to use and has the exact amount of what is needed to run the business. A program like "Total Office Manager", it is extremely complex and not as user friendly. A program like Xero wasn't as detailed as Quickbooks. Etc.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

Essential Do-It-All Software

I honestly couldn’t be happier. Never thought I could come to enjoy keeping the books, but with QBO, I do. And the more I learn, the more I like. We’re all volunteers, with no professional accounting skills, at the non-profit I help administer. So QBO is a very cost-effective, efficient way for us to generate everything we need, while allowing for growth. I haven’t even begun to use the software to its full potential. Very satisfied here!

Pros

We use QBO to run our small, all volunteer non-profit. So the things that matter the most to me are the ease of use with little to no training, being able to sync bank feeds to speed up the process, generating easy to read and understand reports, online access so we can keep the books anytime, from anywhere…the list is endless. I’ve also been thrilled with the extensive help library, the how-to videos, and the awesome customer support. I have no accounting or bookkeeping training and yet, thanks to QBO, I’m able to do everything we need to have accurate P & L reports, Balance Sheets and file our 990, as well as see which programs are costing and generating the most. I’m really grateful QBO exists.

Cons

My main issue so far has been the trouble linking little known online savings account to our bank feed. And that the platform is a bit glitchy when I access on my tablet. But Customer Support has told me they’re working on both those issues, so not a big deal.

Reviewed on 10/1/2023

Great product for in-house or outsourced bookkeeping

I use the software every day for hundreds of clients across the country. Intuit is constantly working to improve the app and they are definitely the best company partner I have had.

Pros

Fast, Secure, Easy to use software with a lot of features.

Cons

It would be great to set default views of columns / headings on the basic GL report, or Profit & Loss - example to show debit and credit columns separately by default.

Sage 50cloud Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Technological advantage with QuickBooks' ability to integrate other cloud-based applications. No more worry about computer damages, upgrades, hard drives, etc.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Ease of use for both client and bookkeeper
Ryan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

QBO Works, But It Should Be Better Than It Is

Due to the massive price increase to move to a 60k+ ERP, QBO is probably still the way to go, it's just a shame that they haven't done a better job listening to their customers and implementing the MANY MANY requests and suggestions that they have been receiving for years.

Pros

You can login online from anywhere, and it does a great job of syncing with your bank accounts

Cons

The support is basically non-existent. Also, there is just no reason that they haven't implemented more customization options for how long this software has been out. They also make syncing with other programs sound good, but then limit what can actually be done on the back-end.

NetSuite and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

QB Enterprise was getting left in the dark ages, and it simply isn't a user-friendly product.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

We chose QBO over the many ERPs that we had looked at, because we ended up finding a product called OrderTime that does an excellent job syncing with QBO and takes care of our inventory and order management needs. If it weren't for OrderTime, we would have probably moved forward with an full ERP.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Ryan. Thanks for an honest review. This isn't the impression we hoped you'd have. We'd appreciate the opportunity to make this right. The best way to reach the QuickBooks Online Team is to use any of the methods listed here: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/quickbooks-online-support/L6WqNrDq0_US_en_US). We're always happy to help. All the best. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 3/8/2022
Navine
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Excellent Software if you have help

I had a live hate relationship with quickbooks because while it was easy to use it can get messy quite quickly due incorrect categorization. That changed when I hired a bookkeeper to look over my books on a monthly basis.

Pros

Love quickbooks online well because it is online which means I can do my business from anywhere and anytime.

Relatively easy to set up and has video tutorials. Love that you can set up lots of subcategories which makes comparing information from different categories easy and more meaningful.

Love the new tags feature!!! I wholesale so I can see which wholesale reps are performing the best.

Makes bookkeeping and tax paying easy if everything is setup correctly and accounts are reconciled correctly.

Love the various reports you can pull from it. Profit and loss monthly, quarterly, annually.

Love how easy it is to create invoices and the option to get paid within quickbooks!! No more sending an invoice and then asking for a separate PayPal or square payment.

Cons

Categorizing some income & expenses can be tricky at times which can mess the books up and make you want to tear your hair out.

May Need a quickbooks bookkeeper to keep your books clean or will most likely mess it up.

FreshBooks and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Wa e was too basic and fresh books was limited in its functions.
Rachel

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

I LOVED THE OLDER VERSION. New version, not so much. So we switched.

Pros

Biggest Pro: This is built for robust accounting. The older version of Quickbooks online for Mac included an app. That app was key because the browser version often took a long time to load. I could get in, out , and be done in minutes. There was even a time tracking technology that was integrated at the time that was included in the package for free. It was great... and then it all changed.

Cons

I don't love the new browser only experience. It wasn't as seamless as the app. The time tracking is now $$$.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your review, Rachel!

We appreciate you giving QuickBooks Online a try, and we're glad that it worked well for you while you guys were using it.

If you'd ever reconsider the product in the future, or meet others that are interested, please feel free to visit: (quickbooks.intuit.com) and you can get in touch via phone or chat for assistance!

We wish you the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 10/11/2022
Gloria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

My accountant suggested I use Quickbooks because they have capability to file state and federal forms.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

It was a great all in one product at a price that fit my budget

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 5/11/2019

Reviewed on 23/9/2022

Excellent online bookkeeping software.

I love QuickBooks and this is the software of our choice for our practice.

Pros

The reporting side is the best on the market, with many dimensions of data available, more than e.g. Xero, with only two tracking categories. I also like the support, being able to speak to a person if needed. Also the discounting referral system is very good.

Cons

VAT management and reconciliation can be quite tricky, as software often allows to change the previously submitted to HMRC data.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

I wanted to be fully online, to be able to work from any place.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

The full package provided free for the practice is a great piece of software.
Tammy
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 17/6/2021

Quickbooks online

For the most part I really like the software, there are just a few things that aren't as handy as the old desktop version. They periodically do different feature updates that for my portion of the accounting don't really enhance my job or make it easier.

Pros

I love the fact that I don't have to do manual backups! I love that it is accessible from any computer. It is a huge help that I am able to scan and attach invoices, comes in very handy when I need to double check payments made.

Cons

From an accounting standpoint the fact that the program doesn't recognize if an invoice was previously entered by the invoice number is something I really miss from the old desktop form of the software. On this software you could enter the same invoice number in 10 times and it would never "see" that the invoice was previously entered. This causes a lot of back and forth between the vendor account and bills window which takes extra time. The only other comment I have is concerning the reports section. I am not a trained accountant and on the old desktop version it was far easier to generate reports.

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Quickbooks has made my practice

Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Pros

Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Cons

I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

In preparation for Making Tax Digital and in order to be able to offer future clients a better service.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Better functionality, cost and the free training that was available.
Boram Chris

Reviewed on 27/7/2018

Lesser of two evils

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

Jasmine
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Complicated

Overall I would say QuickBooks is more of a software made for people who don't know much about accounting. In that sense I would say it is very user friendly for those people. However when you put an accountant in front of this software my first questions were: "Where is accounts payable?" "Where is accounts receivable?" "Where is the general ledger?" These things just aren't marked that way. My first confusion was entering in invoices. Now usually this would be an expense but if you enter it in as an expense in QB it's really accounts receivable and you'll have to enter it in as a bill. Also one of the most confusing parts is keeping up with daily reports. Now I do understand that not every type of business needs to be doing this but in the hospitality business this is a requirement. This software makes it very easy to skip past a day and do other days and it will constantly change the "number" you had named the previous day. I find this slightly annoying and confusing. Sometimes I just don't remember what day I am on or what day I am missing simply because I can skip forward days (which can be nice). My overall opinion is slightly indifferent I would honestly rather only work with M3 only because QB runs slow. I think if it ran more smoothly I think I wouldn't mind working with it but it gives me a headache of how long stuff needs to load and get errors because it can't load all my properties at once.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was that you can connect the bank account to the property. This way it makes managing money and bank recons so much easier and faster. I also enjoy that I can easily delete and edit invoices or journal entries. This is sometimes a con as well. It all depends on if you know you won't accidentally click on something you shouldn't. I also like that I can easily enter in invoices and other things just by clicking on the + button.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this software is that the longer it is up the slower it gets for me. I am not sure if this is just my problem but we do also use M3 (another accounting system) and it never slows down for me no matter how long it is up for or what I'm doing. Of course it will take some time to load your first selection but runs super smoothly after. I am very disappointed at how slow this software runs for me. I am also not a huge fan of the layout of invoices and checks written. Looks slightly disorganized in my view.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Jasmine. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Simplifying and allowing you to manage accounting tasks all in one place is our top priority. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks! If you ever need an extra hand, we invite you to check out the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of how-to articles, and can even post your own questions to receive advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Additionally, to resolve any lag issues, we recommend the following article (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771586).

Cheering you to continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 16/10/2019
Kristen
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

A little outdated, but still reliable software workhorse

There's not much I can say in addition to what I've said in the above sections. I've been using QuickBooks for around 10 years, both for my own business as well as when working for other small businesses in the past, and it's been both a joy and a pain in the butt at times. Overall, I'd still highly recommend QuickBooks as the go-to software for most businesses, because it's just so versatile and has a lot of great features. However, I'd highly recommend watching a few videos or even taking a class or two before using some of the more complex features. Otherwise, you're bound to make one small mistake that acts like a parasitic vine, weaving and entangling its way into the rest of your account features, and becoming a bit of pain to unravel.

Pros

Because QuickBooks has been around for so long, there are tons of resources for information regarding how to use the software most effectively, and how to troubleshoot particularly strange issues that may arise. I appreciate that QuickBooks can be used for a business of almost any size, whether you're running a small business from home, or a multi-million dollar per year construction company. There are plenty of options for things like inventory management, accounts payable/receivable, billing/invoicing, tax scheduling, etc. The options are nearly endless, and (most) of them are reasonable easy to figure out with a little experience and know-how.

Cons

Because QuickBooks was created so long ago, some of their features continually fall behind the times. They're always just one step behind technological innovation, and their software isn't always the most user-friendly. I think it may be a symptom of the software being designed by tax-minded individuals, who tend to think wildly differently from the majority of people who are going to use this software. Some of the features are difficult to find or use, the user-interface is a bit clunky, the software can be a bit slow at times, and there's a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features.

Angela

Reviewed on 27/1/2022

On the expensive side for small entrepreneurs

Overall, Quickbooks Online had the items I needed, but their recent software and price changes have pushed me into a version that lacks what I need and leaves me with unnecessary, bloated accessories. There aren't many options out there that sync as well with online shops. QBO should consider allowing a small inventory and budgeting option for the less expensive versions and listen to their customer's concerns more.

Pros

I appreciate the easy connectivity with apps so I can connect my e-commerce shop. The layout makes the difficult task of financial management not seem so overwhelming. Reconciling with my banks is convenient and matches my transactions well. I also depended on it to aid me in tracking sales tax.

Cons

The software's selection of options with each plan is ridiculous. I started with the Plus version to keep track of a small amount of inventory, although most of the products I sell are POD. I also appreciated the budgeting aspect. They started adding extras such as mile-tracking, and now they sync with Mailchimp, but I already have a cheaper mile-tracking app for my business and sync with Mailchimp through my website. During the pandemic, they increased their prices (horrible timing for small businesses) and forced me to scale down to the Simple Start version. This version doesn't have the inventory function or budgeting (something that should be standard across the board).

To make matters worse, for the six years that I have been using the program, they have yet to fix an issue with the sales tax part, specifically modifying the start of a sales tax calendar. This issue has caused headaches for me every year, and no one will address it when I, and many others, bring it up.

Zoho Books, FreshBooks and Xero

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Great accounting software for small & large businesses

I use QBO for my own tax practice bookkeeping as well as for my clients. I use it daily to keep up with my firm and my clients. We all use the bank feed to facilitate automatic entry of as much data as possible.

Pros

QBO allows users to easily enter their financial transactions. It even has the capability to enter most transactions for the user from the bank feed. You can let QBO import your bank activity and use rules that you set up to code the transactions appropriately. It makes reconciling your bank statement a complete breeze!

Cons

There are some issues with payroll that can only be corrected by calling in to Customer Support. I find this annoying when I personally know and understand how the correction needs to be made. I do, however, understand that not everyone understands the ramifications of making corrections.