Sage Accounting Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Sage Accounting

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is a cloud-based accounting and invoice management solution for small businesses. It offers core accounting, project accounting, expense management and compliance management within a suite. Sage...

4.1

Phil
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

Accounting For The Small Business

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive and with great reporting tools that allow me to keep on top of my business performance. Invoicing to clients, profit and loss reports, VAT returns, keep up to date on cash flow and knowing how my business is performing every day

Cons

I want to be able to compare this YTD performance with LYTD performance and that isn't possible to do

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Easy of use and the simplicity of installing it for the first time
Rendani
Rendani
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 28/6/2021

Sage Business Cloud Accounting review

Capability to meet the objectives of the finance department while also making the workflow much easier in terms of maximizing efficiency

Pros

The installation and implementation procedures are straightforward. I like how easy the features are to use, even for non-accountants. It enables clients and colleagues to share files in real-time, saving time and eliminating the need to send invoices via email. This streamlines and lowers the cost of debtor management. When one is on the go, having access via a mobile device is extremely useful. The software is also reasonably priced, and it includes a free trial period. Sage's customer service is excellent.

Cons

One suggestion is that when adding a new Item from the Invoice screen, the new Item screen includes all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). You must currently exit the Invoice, create a new Item, and then return to the Invoice.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

We were able to combine our accounting and payroll systems by using Sage One. It enables us to manage our accounts from any location and using any device. It also relieved us of the responsibility of backing up and protecting our financial records.
Andrea

Reviewed on 29/4/2024

Sage Accounting for every day

I use sage for my own practice, for my husband's business and I have 34 clients where I am the invited Accountant. This system is well designed to make accounting easier.

Pros

It is easy to set up and use. Because it is an online system it can be accessed anywhere anytime.

Cons

They do have some issues with slow or degradation but have been working on this. Also billing department is not easy to contact so have had issues there

Top Sage Accounting Alternatives

Peter

Reviewed on 12/3/2024

Sage Opinion

Not overly impressed

Pros

Standard procedures necessary for a small business.

Cons

See comments above. It is impossible to communicate by e-mail. Have wanted to send details of Sage invoice payments to Credit and Collection Department but without success. They have threatened cancellation because of perceived non payment of a couple of pounds.

QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Did not want North Americanisation. Thought it was a good idea at the time.
Denise
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/3/2024

Great Accounts package for every business

Having used several different accounts packages my experience with Sage has gone very well, the initial transition was a little tricky as with any package when switching across but once set up soon got to know way round the package, able to set up ledger names that we wished to use. Excellent customer support with very experienced advisors who offer second to none service when assisting with issues. I am happy with our Sage package and will continue to use most definitely.

Pros

Sage is very user friendly, great customer support always on hand to assist with any issues. Clear and concise ledgers and reports, can set up pretty much how the company wants opting for specific names ledgers. Saves time as Accountants can access the accounts to prepare end of year saving time. Good all round package especially for the smaller business.

Cons

To be honest there is not much not to like about Sage, some of the invoicing elements bit clunky for example if you need to change Clients name on a specific invoice no facility to do this at source rather than go back into Customer record, lot of columns look messy if a balance if not being out on each line. Would also be advantageous to prepare delivery notes prior to invoicing as in our business goods are often sent before invoicing especially for Clients on account. Found the Stripe a little complicated having to download CSV from Bank Account, however currently do not use this facility.

Audrey

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

I really wanted this to work

Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

Pros

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

Cons

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

I mainly used Sage 50cloud for it's desktop features and felt the cloud connectivity was lacking.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I signed up to be a part of the beta testing. I was hoping the migration of data would have gone smoothly from one Sage program to the next with data lose.
Gene
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 15/3/2024

Peachtree to Sage...A long history!

In the end, we sold the business and Sage was discontinued.

Pros

Sage was Peachtree Accounting software at the beginning. No internet available. Many startup accounting packages becoming available and we picked Peachtree on belief that it was a good starting company and would succeed. We used Peachtree and later Sage for some 20+ years.

Cons

Sage was a drop in service from Peachtree. Afterwards, it was always decreasing in support. Hard to discuss any topic or correct software problems. Lack of service and support.They were all about charging you for any conversation... insensitive till it got to the point of their interfering created more problems on their mission to boost revenue. We used the same package every year for stability!

Noreen
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Great For Small Business Use

Easy set-up for our small business. Easy to use and allocate payments. Very helpful staff when we needed help.

Pros

Easy set-up and ease of use especially the allocation of banking process.

Cons

No cons-fulfils all of our business needs.

Matt
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

An excellent product

Pros

An easy to use system for a novice computer operator

Cons

I've been using sage for 2 years and have no complaints

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

Sattisfied Customer

Extremely satisfied. Very useful guidance. Extremely helpful customer and IT support.

Pros

Easy to use, explanatory guidance very helpful.

Cons

No problems encountered yet. Very satisfied.

• Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

Pros

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

Cons

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

It was recommended to me by my accountant who was already using the software for some other clients and after trialling it, I found it great.
Sheldon

Reviewed on 11/8/2023

Sage Online Accounting

The software is good and reliable. Very few errors have happened to the software, since we have moved to the cloud. So Good.

Pros

You can log in from anywhere. Take on is easy. Invoicing is simple to use. Allocating receipts and payments straight from the important bank statements makes processing easy

Cons

The stock system does not intergrate well between the stock holdings and values and the balance sheet. Extra modules are required for this basic function and this does not always solve the problem. This results in clients needing to continuously reconcile stock to balance the Inventory Valuation to the Inventory Ledger.The project management systems need to be improved so individual and multiple projects can be quickly monitored in an income statement.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Accounting

We needed accessability in the cloud from multiple places and we needed to work with our clients on the same information, without them needing to bring their laptops to us.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I was familiar with the company and their support. I prefer their method of storing transactions. It is a South African Support base
Rebekah

Reviewed on 10/1/2024

Brilliant product

Really good, does what it says on the tin (so to speak!), perfect for our use case.

Pros

Sage Accounting is very easy to use, it has a lot of useful features that make it stand out ahead of similar software

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like, but maybe some more customisation to the interface would be nice, to make things cleared to see when needed or to remove bits I don't want to see.

Due to local 'making tax digital' regulations in the UK
Simon

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Sage

Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

Pros

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

Cons

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Used Sage when working in another industry so familiar with some of the processes.
Kerry

Reviewed on 11/7/2022

Sage review

Pros

From AutoEntry to sage accounting to sage final accounts.
I like the bank feed within sage accounting - all time saving.

Cons

Bulk nominal changes would be a good addition. Otherwise I have to go into each individual invoice

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

Mainly the support I get from the team at sage. I can always get hold of someone to answer queries.

Response from Sage

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the great feedback and glad you're loving your accounting product.

Very best wishes

Replied 10/8/2022
Vishal

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!

Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

Pros

The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

Cons

The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

Dynamics 365 and Acumatica Cloud ERP

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

The great reviews and i have a couple of other professionals who recommended it to us

Reviewed on 30/1/2018

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses...

Pros

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple.
Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data.
VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC.
Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform.
The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Reviewed on 18/1/2023

Awesome Account Software for all your needs

Sage Business cloud accounting has been a huge relief for my finance department making their records traceable.

Pros

The cloud deployment makes it a perfect solution

Cons

Adoption of multi factor authentication before users can login

Haba
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

Good and easy software.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use it. Nice and intuitive UX. A lot of good and useful features "ready at your fingertips"

Cons

Sometimes the loading speed is very very slow.

Accounting Seed

Sage 50cloud Accounting and Wave
Martin

Reviewed on 27/2/2024

I really like Sage Accounting

I find it easy to use, and it helps me to keep an eye on the finances and in turn help to make decisions to intern grow the business

Pros

I find it simple to navigate and its intuitive

Cons

I wish it had on the summary screen "this financial year" option

Reasons for Switching to Sage Accounting

I just found it simpler ann cleaner to use
Olivia
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 26/9/2023

Secret experts use Sage Business Cloud Accounting.You should try it.

Time saving.This software simplifies work in an ordinary way.No room for mistakes while using this softwareSage Business Cloud Accounting has sparkled my work.Its efficiency and flexibility magnifies your work.

Pros

The most incredible things about this software is it's phenomenal features that tracks all the expenses in an awesome way.All financial reports are arranged perfect.And if billing is what you love most then this software is your missing piece.invoive processing is simple, successful and enjoyable while using Sage Business Cloud Accounting.

Cons

It has really been effective on my work.its user friendly sono struggles customizing anything.Right choice so I have no problem with this versatile software.

Johan

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Sage One - Good for a Chicken Farmer in Zimbabwe

No comment, as it was developed by Pastel and not a lot of effort was placed in developing a descent accounting platform.

Pros

Sage is very cheap, but with it comes a entry level accounting platform. Definately not a Rolls Royce like Microsoft Business Central.

Cons

Uploading and deleting items and customers and suppliers. Very entry level. This product does not come close to Business Central. Sage is more an accounting platform for third world countries.

marie

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

SAge Cloud Accounting

We really like Sage business cloud and have the payroll too which is good that its all in one place,

Pros

We moved from Sage 50 accounts to Sage one around 2 years ago when a member of the team left and it has been beneficial as we can log in no matter where we are and complete our work. It is also very easy to use and quick to train other people on.

Cons

There is still work that needs improved and coming from Sage 50 that had alot of reports and functions it is hard to not have them.

Dillwyen

Reviewed on 18/7/2022

Good product BAD after service

Great software until you encounter problems. Then it becomes useless because of the lack of support.

Pros

Easy to use... when it is working. Interface very modern and quick to jump between the menus.

Cons

No after sales. Lots of departments passing the buck. Any software is only as good as their support.

Response from Sage

Thanks for the feedback Dillwyen,

We'll pass on your review to our customer services department. Should you have any further issues with after sales support, please visit this link:

This is the first port of call which will hopefully answer any questions you might have before having to call our customer services team.

Very best wishes

Replied 10/8/2022
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Very easy to use

Pros

This software was extremely easy to set up and provides excellent access for multiple users. Date entry is very simple and less repetitive than other software I've used. The online chat feature is excellent for solving simple problems or getting help when you cant find what you need in the available online resources.

Cons

Two things need attention. One is the ability for a charity to set up HST receivable in a simpler manner. The other is the ability to contact someone to solve a problem. Support is managed through online chat and it is very difficult to speak to a live person. I've had an issue caused by a glitch in the system and have been unsuccessful in solving the issue for the past 9months.

Cost