About Dext Prepare

Accountants make better businesses. At Dext, we give accountants, bookkeepers and businesses powerful tools that automatically and intelligently process and analyse financial data. Now you can advise in real time with new levels...

3.8
4.1
3.7

Browse Dext Prepare Reviews

Boyd

Reviewed on 24/7/2018

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Pros

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

Cons

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Easy expense tracking

Very easy to use, and integrates well with Xero and out bookkeeping and accounting practices.

Pros

Capture expenses is really easy with Dext. As a team we use a combination of photos, for physical receipts, and emails where we just attach a PDF. Both methods work really well, and it takes away the pain of tracking expenses.

Cons

The accuracy for digitisation is excellent, however, it can be slow at times. To be honest though, I would rather it take a longer time to process and be accurate than being fast and inaccurate.

Sam
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Waste of Money

Ended up wasting more time then it was worth.

Not cheap either.

Pros

Photo recognition is very accurate and customer service is helpful and existant.

Cons

Where do i start. The system is very clunky, looks great from the outside but there are better solutions out there especially for the price. Upload a reciept and approve it. Then wait 24 hours for it to enter your accounting software. Nightmare when your trying to reconcile.

Doesnt link with QB Projects so have to go into each reciept in QB and add project. This defeats the whole purpose of the app. Oh and you have to wait for it to push to QB.

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to Dext Prepare

Promise of ease of use.

Top Dext Prepare Alternatives

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Great data extraction software for clients willing to pay premium for a premium product

Excellent premium software for data extraction

Pros

The data extraction worked great and the ability to also automatically mark payments to bills is also a timesaver. The ability to post multicurrency bills is a great feature.

Cons

It took quite a while to have everything set up, sometimes the data extraction did not work for an unknown reason. Does not work for extracting data from bank statements.

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Pros

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

Cons

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 20/9/2022

Great Software

Pros

Dext ensures all of our invoices are connected to Quickbooks so we can keep track, and pay bills on time.
It is a pretty easy software to use with help instructions if needed.

Cons

Sometimes Dext has trouble finding amounts on uploaded invoices or categorizing the expense. However, this can all easily be entered manually.

Graham

Reviewed on 17/4/2018

Overall superb

Pros

The accuracy really is superb! It is amazingly how accurately it gets the information required from what is often messy, crumpled or poor quality receipts

Cons

The main criticism is that I need a totally separate account per business. Would be better to handle multiples from one login. Also seems bonkers to have to pay extra for more users, has no bearing on the required server time or functionality's...eg zero benefits to just sharing a login .so to charge for it seems wrong. Lastly, the GUI could be modernized slightly

Frances

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

Essential in tracking staff expenses / billable expenses!

Pros

Its a single location to store invoices and track expenses outside of the accounting software.

Cons

Importing expenses into quick books often times creates a new vendor. I then need to go in QBO and move it to the vendor.

andy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

lack of support

support is awful

Pros

the day to day logging of receipts and invoices is great

Cons

the support or lack of support more like it, is horrendous! communication is terrible.

Darcy
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

Keep Track of your Receipts easily

Pros

I like that you don't need to keep your physical receipts, you simply take a photo of the receipt and upload it. Then you can categorize your expense from the software.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't autopopulate the amount and taxes properly like some other software like Receipt Bank. I also think the interface is not as nice as Receipt Bank.

Shan

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

A must-have product for your book management

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Pros

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

Cons

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

Joby

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Finally accounts are paperless

Pros

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Sam

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

Good software but could be cheaper for smaller practices

My practice used to receive paperwork by various channels and we were always chasing clients. This has made it easier for the client to submit paperwork, though there is still definitely some chasing! Overall, a good product.

Pros

This software has streamlined the ways clients supply paperwork to my practice. Clients are generally happy with using it and it is very intuitive.

Cons

The pricing structure doesn't differentiate between different sizes of practice except for single users so the savings scale massively for larger companies.
Clients can be confused about submitting multiple invoices by email.
Doesn't split across classes/departments in basic product

Tomas

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

A Great tool to keep all invoices in one place

Pros

A great tool to keep all invoices in one place, I hardly imagine how I could work if that soft would be not available for me.

Cons

The tool itself sometimes has issues reading excel files.

Theodore

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Receipt Bank is a Cool Software

Pros

Receipt Bank is really a time saver software in term of keeping records of your expenses receipt. Moreover, its integration with accounting software like Xero is very useful.

Cons

Negative points on Receipt Bank is the Invoice "Fetch" functionality that is a very good idea but never worked properly since I am using the software. This functionality is creating more problem by creating duplicates than actually saving time.

Nikki
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/5/2017

No more paper clogging the filing cabinet!!

Time and money saving

Pros

This software is so helpful in clearing all the receipts/invoices/statements from my desk. I either photograph with my phone or attach from email and then I can shred or delete. I've gone from spending hours filing to minutes uploading. Awesome program!!

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile for the invoices to be processed but I don't find that a big concern as I have plenty of other work to get on with.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

So easy and versatile!

Accountability and record keeping is greatly improved!

Pros

My company started using this to keep us in compliance - and keep our accountant happy.
IT IS AWESOME! There are so many ways to upload receipts - it makes this extra step in our work day so much easier. You can scan and upload the receipt via their website. You can send it to a personalized email address to upload the receipt, you can use their app... it is fantastic. And our accountant is super happy with the results!

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything bad about this program. It stinks we have to take the extra time to be more diligent about our receipts, but the program really helps ease that hassle.

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Receipt Bank is a Time Saver, however the customer service is lacking

Pros

WE like the extraction/invoice fetching ability
For the most part, the tax extraction is correct.

Cons

Customer service really lacking, often account manager are not responsive at all

Harvee

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Dext Prepare Review

Pros

The ease of use, I can explain to clients how to use it easily.

Cons

It was posting to Xero with incorrect tax rates at one point, now sorted.

Justin

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

Organized

Overall it is a good software that focuses on the end user vs employee entering the expenses.

Pros

Receipt bank is great for organizing expenses. You snap a photo and when processed you can organize by date.

Cons

I use the software for expense reimbursement. It can get annoying taking a picture then waiting till later in the day for it to get processed.

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Receipt Bank makes expense reports a more painless process.

Pros

I like Receipt Bank because, as a user, I can easily pull up my app and record my receipt and add any additional details within a few minutes of receiving the receipt.

Cons

The desktop version could be updated on a more consistent basis.

Alexander

Reviewed on 22/4/2018

Receipt Bank is very good HubDoc alternative. May be it is better.

Save a lot of time.

Pros

Document recognizing quality. Branded mobile application. Good additional (for extra money) futures.

Cons

Price may be. Very expensive (for my opinion) for a lot of documents. More futures for UK market that for Canada market :(

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

Keep tabs on your receipts in the easiest possible way

Pros

Receipt Bank has allowed my team of five people to get their expense reports together in consistent way. We categorize them and submit them for approval. It has streamlined the way we do expense reports. The API integration with Xero is a big plus for us.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about receipt Bank.

Warren
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

One of many tools to capture business reciepts

Pros

My accountant set this up and intergrates directly with Xero my accountancy software that they help me to use and manage.

Easy way to capture receipts when out and about by taking a photo and using the mobile app to submit it or alternatively for email receipts and invoices I can forward it to a special email address to do the same.

Cons

The invoice fetch feature by automatically logging into certain services, shops etc to get invoices and add them as expenses for you is very hit and miss, especially when some of the sites or services I use 2FA auth codes and it never really works with them.

Asking support for advice they are never really able to help solve this problem for me.

Kelly

Reviewed on 22/7/2022

Great software

Pros

The software is very easy to learn how to use. I am able to photograph my invoices and upload them so my accountant has access to them. It has freed up storage in our office as we no longer have to keep hard copies. It is also easy to find a copy of an invoice when required. I really like that you don't even need to print off the invoice, you can email it to your Dext account and it will upload it for you.

Cons

So far I am finding the software really great for our needs and have not found anything negative.