Five9 Reviews

About Five9

Five9 is an all-in-one cloud contact center solution for inbound, outbound, blended and omnichannel contact centers world-wide. Powered by Practical AI, Five9 enables agents to provide customer experiences across phone, email,...

4.1
4.1

Browse Five9 Reviews

Ilan
Ilan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 1/9/2022

Five9 Review

When I worked at the call center over the web Fivenine was a quickly learnable calling program. It had minimal need for upkeep on my end aside from making sure to refresh the screen if no calls were coming in, so that the screen did not fall asleep due to being a virtual computer system. Actual program updates were also rare, it was fairly statuc and generally reliable.

Pros

The ability to tell when calls are coming in and going out is critical to a call center. I've worked at call centers before in the insurance enrollment world in both English and Spanish. Call data tracking matters to keep tons of data secure, while giving accountability to a company should the caller divulge data like their social security number or home address. These are strictly confidential and the call program working right is a major factor.

Whether someone is using a script or has general guidelines, the most important aspect is the call itself coming through and not dropping, Five9 is able to record audio crystal clear for later playback.

Cons

If your internet is going in and out the program does take a while to boot up. It also doesn't have any in-built noise reduction or increasing features, so the caller audio may change call to call and cause a need for rapid audio changes depending on the call.

Pam

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Highly Recommend Five9, after failed implementation of 3 other apps

Quick deployment, reliable product and allowed us to significantly reduce headcount and improve operational efficiency

Pros

After implementing several other call center software programs that did not meet our requirements, Five9 offers such a rich feature/function set and meets all our needs. The sales, implementation and support experience has been superior compared to their competitors.

Cons

From and IT perspective, the help desk/customer support team's knowledge is lacking. Most of our inquiries are not able to be addressed by 1st level

Response from Five9

Hi Pam thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others on this peer review site. We are happy to hear you have had such a great experience with us at Five9.

Replied 3/12/2019
Cora
Cora

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Easy to use but Crashes Constantly

Overall there is more reliable call center software out there besides Five9. I would prefer to use software that was more difficult to use and would require more instruction than an easy to use software like Five9 that is less reliable with its glitching, freezing and shutting down.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use after some brief training time. It is very easy to receive inbound calls and there is a easy to recognize sound when a call is coming in and outbound calls are easy to make in the dialer. There are many ways to customize the user experience by adding different 'roles" for employees that are using the software. This way you can customize which employees receive what calls based on their department and what they are trained to handle.

Cons

The software crashes A LOT. As a user I have had the software crash multiple times while I was in a chat, on a phone call with a customer or in the middle of writing an email. I have had the software freeze during a chat and then log me out of the system.

Response from Five9

Hi Cora, thank you for sharing your feedback. I've notified your enterprise sales director and he should be reaching out to you shortly to see if he can assist.

Replied 25/2/2020

Top Five9 Alternatives

Osman
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Use Five9 as a solution for your company

Pros

How easy it is to get started and the tools that they offer you to customize the skills, teams that you need, to keep it organized and generate better reports.

Cons

It would be better if Five9 could add some options to keep the historical data for more time or at least select what set of data can be stored longer.

NICE CXone and Genesys Cloud CX

Reasons for Switching to Five9

It offered what we needed at the moment, the flexibility on how to setup the users and the price.

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Best Product I've ever used

I was one of the trainers on Five 9 for our company and the fact that it just keeps improving all the time, it's very user friendly, and the reporting is spot on and easy to download

Pros

The Five9 University really helped all the users in my company, so when Five9 actually roled out, they were like true pros. I love how you can monitor calls, listen to call recordings & download them.

Cons

Honestly nothing really. Compared to the old phone system we used previously; this is night & day.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

One of the most call center software that you can find today

Overall experience is very astounding , the software itself is again very easy to use, support is always ready to help you, very recommendable to my friends and I am looking forward to use Five9 in the years to come.

Pros

From the very first day I started using Five9 I was amazed by how this software can do for you, it is very user-friendly and most of all their support team is very helpful. Doing inbound and outbound calls to people is very easy and It makes my job a lot more easier than the usual.

Cons

Everytime that there is an update on the software there will be errors that will pop right after, or giving me a hard time logging in again, I hope that they can do something about this very soon.

Response from Five9

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves with having the best customer support team in the industry and it's great to hear you would recommend Five9 to your friends. Please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're here to help you succeed.

Replied 11/9/2018
Sven
Sven

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

By far the best Saleforce dialer but very complex to set up. Lacks basic process out of the...

Pros

The only automated dialer app for outbound calls I have found that actually works with Salesforce. Fast and reliable, handles prioritization of lead pipe in near realtime, flexible in setting up campaigns and rules. Inbound is also powerful, and blending in/outbound works like a charm. Once I got it working it is by far the best Salesforce dialer (I have tried all the big ones!).

Cons

Thousands of settings in various places so very difficult to setup. Lacks basic sales process in the out of the box setup (eg no scheduling of callbacks) so took months of experimenting with Salesforce workflows etc to build a working sales process. Had big problems before we finally got it right, and the sales team initially hated it because of all the problems.
Inbound is soooo complex that I do not even dare to touch the flow setup myself.

Patricia

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Five9

The company uses Five9 as out telephone services. Can received calls and make calls Five9 lets you know about your internet strength.

Pros

If the call drops I have the telephone number to call back. It also give the queue volume which lets you know how long the client is waiting.

Cons

Five9 integrates with Zendesk, If zendesk doesn't work neither does Five9

Sigmund
Sigmund
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

Works for Small Businesses

It works well if you don't need to deep-dive on call and ticket data in the future, in which case you would need to shell out additional payment per agent to be able to have your data stored for longer within the ecosystem

Pros

Easy to use as a standalone, web-based inbound and outbound calling tool, good reporting capability and monitoring

Cons

Records are only retained for 60 days and this encompass both reports as well as recording databases. Even downloaded record data is erased remotely!

cid
cid

Reviewed on 10/2/2024

Great VOip Option

Pros

Easy to use and with a great reporting system to keep track of KPIs and time management, and best leads tools for call cal ca; calling og prograded.

Cons

WORKING IN A CALL SENTER FOR SEVERAL YEARS.

Kathy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pretty pleased overall!

Pros

Reliable software for handling our incoming calls, like the fact that I can define campaigns and see where each call is coming from, like the reporting features for the most part (see one drawback below in "cons"). Connection is pretty good most of the time if using a hard-wired headset. Good customer service, very responsive and good at following up.

Cons

Don't like the fact that since we've installed Skuid we cannot get Five9 to sync records with Salesforce, which has created numerous issues with duplicate records. Was working with you all to get this situated, but the attempted fix created a massive crash in the middle of our business day and I haven't been able to revisit for fear of doing that again. Maybe we can plan to work on it with you after hours...
Also don't like the fact that the reporting reports "ready state" whether in "ready voice" or "ready VM" or "ready voice and VM." Would like to have a separate reporting for "ready VM," which is a state we would not like to pay our agents for b/c it does not result in live answers, and "ready voice" or "ready voice + VM," which are states we do want to pay our agents for b/c the calls are answered live when those are the choices (unless all agents busy, of course).

Response from Five9

Kathy, thanks for writing your review. I have reached out to your account manager who will reach out to you shortly. Please do let us know if you have any questions about Five9 features or reports; we’re here to help.

Replied 19/12/2017
Micha

Reviewed on 1/7/2023

For remote customer support employees

Reliable software for remote technical support work.

Pros

Reliable software for remote technical support work. User friendly. I learned the principal functionalities in a couple of hours.

Cons

If the routing set up is not properly done is possible to receive calls from certain countries with the instrument information on display belonging to a different user. It's annoying as the agent has to inquiry again to the customer over the phone. Maybe integrating an AI which recognizes the phone country code?

Krystyna

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Managing Interactions With Clients Has Never Been That Easy

You need a solution for maintaining your interactions with the clients without losing your mind? Then you need Five9. I highly recommend this platform to anyone who wants to make sure that all the customer requests are satisfied and needs all the documentation at their fingertips.

Pros

I've been using Five9 for quite a while for managing all my interactions with clients via different means. Things are easier with centralized reporting. The best aspect of Five9 is that it is cloud-based, so you have no confusion with your documentation. The platform's setup is quite simple, you don't have to be some IT-wizard of Oz to get into it. But even if you can't, you can contact Five9's technical support – their managers can solve basically anything.

Cons

I can hardly find something to complain about Five9. Even if I had some complaints with them not being up to the minute, I would have been too late with posting it, as the platform is updating constantly. The only thing that I can complain about is the notification, as they pop up in the middle of the screen, but that's more of slight irritation, rather than some major flaw to be pointed out.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 16/8/2018

Five9

We have been using the software for more than 6 years. Five9 was able to help create custom reports & be able to download files at a certain time. Were also able to help with the recording of calls & help us remain compliant at the same time

Pros

works as a dialer should. easy visibility to what the Agent is currently doing or has done throughout the day. easily customizable (Supervisor screen). Tons of reports available without having to customize. Able to customize the Agents screens with fields available. Very little downtime or issues & have the ability to activate GR fairly quickly. always are aware of any maintenance & downtime expected (a couple of weeks notice normally)

Cons

sometimes following up on open tickets take longer than it should. Accessing an Engineer is not always easy. Limited to customize some screens. If there are issues, difficult to find out as not very forthcoming of information

Tarell
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Great Customer Interaction Software

My overall experience with nice has been great I think there should be some updates done

Pros

What I like most is that integration to speak to customer and third party seller on a given interaction.

Cons

I feel like your software is missing a performance report.
We notice there was an issue with audio on majority of our interactions.

Reviewed on 31/10/2017

Five9 is an easy to use web-based call center platform

Much better view of what our call center was doing. Recorded calls are awesome.

Pros

Five 9 is easy to us. You can customize it however you want. Adding additional phone numbers or agents is a snap. The account managers we have been assigned have been great. The people they assign to you durning deployment were extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

Call statistic data only saved for 60 days. Should have a way to save all data locally or keep it on their server for at least 2 years. Makes trending difficult. You can export reports but if you didn't know you need something and then the 60 days have elapsed you are out of luck.

There should also be a way to use the administrator functions on the web via a java applet. It would help out being able to make emergency changes on a cell phone.

Response from Five9

David, Thank you for posting your great review. Providing "great customer experiences every time" is our vision, and we're excited to hear that your customer experience has been excellent. We're here to help, so please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you ever need anything.

Replied 3/11/2017
Ileana

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Five9 Call center

We use five9 daily to manage our outbound and inbound calls.

Pros

Five9 is the dialer that we utilize for our business. It allows multiple agents and multiple locations to be added. It is a great way to manage your calls and data with the many reports available.

Cons

Five9 is user friendly for the agent but not so much for the administrator. Running reports takes some time to make certain the correct data is pulled. There are many features, but you must self teach in order to utilize them, which can be time extensive.

Cecelia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Five9 was easy to use when calling delinquent homeowners. Setting up call campaigns and...

Able to make multiple call passes on the campaign.

Pros

Able to set up different call campaign to your needs on your delinquent customer. You can call the more delinquent customer first, do a no call campaign and set up the dialer to call the homeowner how every many times you need to. The dialer will remove disconnected call so that you not calling them over and over again during the campaign. The reports were very helpful when trying to see what or how many call were made by the employees.

Cons

It was hard to understand some of the employees at the helpdesk. You were not able to know how many passes you made on a call. The reporting was complicated on this information.

Response from Five9

Hello Cecelia,
Thanks for posting your review on how Five9 helped you execute your campaign more effectively. If you ever have any questions about our reporting features, please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager.

Replied 18/12/2017
Lisa M.

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

It's so easy!

I really enjoy using this software. I have had a lot of great experience with customer service.

Pros

I like that you can customize this software to meet your individual needs. It's very easy to set up a campaign, customize reports and to train the agents on using the software. I work in a correctional industry and I was very surprised at how easy it was to secure the software to meet the Department of Corrections security needs.

Cons

This software price is on the high end of the spectrum.

Response from Five9

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your review and sharing how Five9 has made you more successful in your job and in your industry. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of service.

Replied 8/5/2019
Shannon
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Easier than Avaya

It is a lot better than our prior software of Avaya. Once you get used to it, it is very easy to use.

Pros

Once you get past the learning curve I love how easy it actually is to use. It is pretty seamless into my day.

Cons

I do not like how easy it can get lost in the multiple tabs of my web browser that I have to use each night. You also have to make sure you are careful in changing your call status and that it sticks.

Sherrine

Reviewed on 25/9/2017

My experience with the Five software have been great.

This software able the call center to answer calls on a daily basis.

Pros

I enjoy the able to communicate with the staff while taking calls. The agent can instant message about questions without moving from their desk.

Cons

The software doesn't allow you to change/save information from a telephone number that reached the call center several times. The agents can't change the telephone number or caller name, so this information is enter in the comment section.

Response from Five9

Hello Sherrine,
Thank you for the taking the time to post your review. We're glad to hear the coaching function is working well for you and your team. Let us know if you ever need anything.

Replied 26/9/2017
Patrick
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

Serviceable call center platform

The Five9 platform is a simple call center platform for inbound or outbound. Perhaps "simplistic" may be a more apt description. We use it for both inbound and outbound call center activities. It actually excels if you are not overly concerned with tracking activities with individual users.

Pros

Inbound call distribution is easy to set up. Outbound dialing works well with a very small team. Outbound calls are tracked well within Salesforce.

Cons

Reporting is abysmal. Salesforce integration is poor, and so the user may be stuck trying to merge reports between Five9's proprietary system and the Salesforce records. It is very difficult to manage contact relationships through Five9.

The interface is rough - very little thought given to the user experience.

Five9 also lacks mobile support for our field sales reps.

Jon

Reviewed on 4/6/2021

Don't waste your time.

Setup was long and painful. Once we were up and running it was difficult to monitor calls and run reports. We missed so many calls that using Five9 would have cut our revenue in half. The only way it could have been worse is if the customers just received a busy signal. I have been trying to cancel everything out for the last 3 months and can't get a call back from our rep.

Pros

The phone in Salesforce looks nice. Clean looking design.

Cons

Everything else. Reports are the worst I've seen. The tech even had issues trying to set the filters for a report to run. The only way to monitor calls is to run reports which are a lost cause.

Anthony
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Simple and seamless

Overall my experience with five9 has been positive, and I have benefited from using the software a lot. this have made my job easier by not having to worry about if my agents will understand how to use the soft phones or have issues.

Pros

I like how easy it is to utilize, and the ability to quickly start using the service once it has been installed on a desktop.

Cons

Very rarely will have outages where the whole system is not functional and you can not receive or take calls for a long duration. (has only happened four times in the six years I have been utilizing)

Elisabeth

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Typical Salesperson...

Pros

Its an automatical dialer that will get your sales people hooked up to calls. I have nothing else positive to share, ehich is sad.

Cons

Most sales people could make many more dials working manually. The five9 team made alot of promises and didnt deliver on them. The salesperson seemed knowledgeable and high level but frankly was just very good at rebuttals and telling the customer what they wanted to hear. When it got time to purchase and use the software there were a number of items that just werent true or left out:
Easy training
Easy startup
Ability to leave voicemails automatically (tech person setting us up was adamant about us NOT using this).
Left out that we needed to buy lines
Left out that it would be more money to have local numbers.

Additionally, these guys bill you for an extra month after you cancel. The no contract contract or month to month, is in fact month to every few months. Talking to management about Coming ip with resolutions or not paying for services unrendered has been ridiculous.

Response from Five9

Hello Elisabeth, this is not the experience we want our customers to have. I have confirmed that your case was escalated and reviewed internally, and I also forwarded your review to your account manager.

Replied 19/10/2018